GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 274, Greeting wrote:
Cephrir

I don't know the theme of Control, honestly there wasn't much of an explanation of the setup in the Queue thread. What I saw was a large theme game and I just went /in.
And i just got a pm from the host telling me to join this game.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Enjoying it so far though.
Thanks cakezzz
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by Greeting »

Ircher

In post he seems to share my confusion with regard to
Cephrir

I dislike posts like . If you want someone to move on or return to voting another, what I'd expect is at least an explanation. Otherwise it's just lazy at best and scummy at worst.

He has also, notably, not really explained his suspicions of
MUSHSHAGANA
. His push seems random, such as in posts .
What
fallacious reasoning? I have expressed suspicion of
MUSHSHAGANA
, but not specifically because I thought their reasoning was fallacious.
In post 200, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 189, Ircher wrote:How about your fallacious reasoning this game?
Can you provide proof of fallacious reasoning? NOTE: it is not enough to call my reasoning fallacious for this, you must actually show the fallacy

Also scum is as scum does and you are scum so get thee hence
In post 201, Ircher wrote:I will perhaps this evening; not right now. Your assumptions though for your initial reads are off the charts.
Sorry,
Ircher
, that's not satisfactory.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:28 pm

Post by Greeting »

Ircher
's posts also lead me to this, regarding
Cephrir
:
In post 71, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: Yes. You should. That is exactly why I am killing you.

For actively seeking fun. It reads to me like you drew scum, hated it, and are now looking for ways to make your own fun.
That is honestly too far-fetched in my opinion. I would expect something that would explain why, having posted ,
Cephrir
revealed insider information (although that was
MUSHSHAGANA
's argument).
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:31 pm

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

It... What? Quoi?

Are you sure you understood the argument?
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by mastina »

VOTE: Ircher
(proxy vote to LLD)

(I'll be around later tonight to comment properly tho.)
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by Greeting »

EBWOP: first sentence of - I meant
MUSHSHAGANA
and not
Cephrir
, as in - the confusion regarding
MUSHSHAGANA
's posts.
Lady Lambdadelta wrote:It... What? Quoi?

Was there something I misunderstood?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by Greeting »

UNVOTE: MUSHSHAGANA

I want to vote
Ircher
, but I'd like a vote count first.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by The Three Bears »

In post 259, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Just, like, FTR???? If your case doesn't account for Shrike being in the driver's seat your case ain't shit Noraa LOL

Tbh just forget meta and case me on my own merits. Gimme a stand up fight, treat me like you don't know me, let's gooo
If it is normal that Shrike is less committal to reads, I can drop that reason. I'm not sure though since my problem mainly stems from tone but perhaps this is just Shrike's normal tone. Did Shrike ever post in Mountain Dew? A couple posts to tone check would be enough I think.

I know I sometimes do just have issues with tone that have nothing to do with alignment so that is possible.

-baby bear
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:41 pm

In post 282, Greeting wrote:EBWOP: first sentence of - I meant
MUSHSHAGANA
and not
Cephrir
MUSHSHAGANA
's posts.

The argument is that Cephrir actively has no fun as scum and has done and said many things that I can't really pull as evidence to essentially show this to be true.

And so attempting to create their own fun is what I would expect scum ceph to try and do to make things bearable

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 285, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
MUSHSHAGANA
and not
Cephrir
MUSHSHAGANA
's posts.

The argument is that Cephrir actively has no fun as scum and has done and said many things that I can't really pull as evidence to essentially show this to be true.

And so attempting to create their own fun is what I would expect scum ceph to try and do to make things bearable
Oh, so that's a meta argument. Gosh, meta seems to be dictating everything players rely on this game. I care less about meta than about actual content.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:49 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 284, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 259, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Just, like, FTR???? If your case doesn't account for Shrike being in the driver's seat your case ain't shit Noraa LOL

Tbh just forget meta and case me on my own merits. Gimme a stand up fight, treat me like you don't know me, let's gooo
If it is normal that Shrike is less committal to reads, I can drop that reason. I'm not sure though since my problem mainly stems from tone but perhaps this is just Shrike's normal tone. Did Shrike ever post in Mountain Dew? A couple posts to tone check would be enough I think.

I know I sometimes do just have issues with tone that have nothing to do with alignment so that is possible.

-baby bear
Idk about committal I don't exactly like keep a barometer on that loool but Curse (who you're more familiar with) calls me a "gigantic asshole" and accuses me of "trying to ruin everything" because "I hate everything" LOL so that's a reasonably trustworthy source though I think it's full of shit tbh

And nah this is my first day really off the leash you know, every day I wake up and choose fuckin violence and so forth so I don't get to come out and play much, but today's a new day and I been up front probably 70% of the time so far so
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:01 pm

that's fair, maybe it was just random tone pings. i'll have to wait to see what Curse has to say since I think I have a better grasp on their play. very very very tentatively will give you a TL for now so I can think about other things. I still have to read up also since I skimmed so fast up.

-baby bear
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

FIIIIINE Curse can have the wheel for the night, stg can't have shit in this town, peace
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:13 pm

In post 286, Greeting wrote:
In post 285, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
MUSHSHAGANA
and not
Cephrir
MUSHSHAGANA
's posts.

Oh, so that's a meta argument. Gosh, meta seems to be dictating everything players rely on this game. I care less about meta than about actual content.
-_-

The irony of you saying this to ME of all people is just SO high.

I don't really work on Meta, this is a behavioural read based on past experience. This is not "When Ceph does this, he's scum!" it's "based on my experiences with Ceph, this behaviour leans this way"

just... just FYI. I hate meta. I'm not a meta practicioner.

Oh, and also also, nothing of your posts has really kind of said anything which is the irony part. You're saying a lot of words and accomplishing... not much. I'd probably swallow the ego a little and dig in a little more.

Sorry, I'm trying to be nice person LLD this game but this made me itch.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Greeting »

In post 290, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I don't really work on Meta, this is a behavioural read based on past experience. This is not "When Ceph does this, he's scum!" it's "based on my experiences with Ceph, this behaviour leans this way"
Isn't that what meta is, though? Judgement of someone's play by how they played in other games, regardless of whether you've been in that game or not?
In post 290, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oh, and also also, nothing of your posts has really kind of said anything which is the irony part. You're saying a lot of words and accomplishing... not much. I'd probably swallow the ego a little and dig in a little more.
I quite disagree and my ego has very little to do with anything I do in mafia games.
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:21 pm

In post 291, Greeting wrote:
In post 290, Lady Lambdadelta wrote: I don't really work on Meta, this is a behavioural read based on past experience. This is not "When Ceph does this, he's scum!" it's "based on my experiences with Ceph, this behaviour leans this way"
Isn't that what meta is, though? Judgement of someone's play by how they played in other games, regardless of whether you've been in that game or not?
In post 290, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:Oh, and also also, nothing of your posts has really kind of said anything which is the irony part. You're saying a lot of words and accomplishing... not much. I'd probably swallow the ego a little and dig in a little more.
I quite disagree and my ego has very little to do with anything I do in mafia games.
Not really? like Meta is literally taking tendancies from one game and kind of trust telling them into another. See: Mastina always claims Mason as a meme

That's meta.

As for your posts... like there's a lot of words and not a lot said. Like you wrote a lot about Ceph but missed Mush's point and completely misunderstood mine.

The Ego part of this is that you could have dug into either of our arguments with lines of questioning that might have informed you about our alignments but you thought you understood our arguments and now I'm here telling you that you've gone 0/2 on that regard.

Hence... Ego.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:22 pm

Hmm, maybe "overconfidence" is the word to use. Overconfidence in ones interpretations.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

In post 288, The Three Bears wrote:that's fair, maybe it was just random tone pings. i'll have to wait to see what Curse has to say since I think I have a better grasp on their play. very very very tentatively will give you a TL for now so I can think about other things. I still have to read up also since I skimmed so fast up.

-baby bear
Honestly was hoping Shrike could take over for this game some more, they need to socialize and I need to stop freaking out all the time. So I'm just going to put this out there and hope I can go spend my time thinking about other things again for awhile.

I was the one who initiated the Ceph push on this end. I was also the one who scumread Ircher first. Those are my posts, not Shrike's. There's a handful of others too. I don't do all-caps that much, I'm less slangy, I ask direct questions, I'm not clever with my words, my sentences are more complete, I take much longer to post. Shrike's too rude to be fit for man or beast, but I basically stand by and trust every move it's made so far despite that.

Meta WILL fail on me on every single level this game. That's a promise. I'm having to think differently, I'm developing a new playstyle from the ground up, I'm sharing time and brainspace with a foul-mouthed thing named after a bird, and I'm intentionally forcing myself to act different here and there (like not wallposting -- here's your exception, there will not be another) so that I don't slip into old habits that weren't working. You can scumread this, you can townread it -- you can do what you want with it, because I don't care. You're getting it because you asked for it, and it won't happen again.

Shrike and I will be sharing time again from here on out Don't go looking for the Curseposting, there won't be much more to speak of. I'm not signing anything, and whatever input I have is getting a Shrike filter to prevent overthinking to death. Welcome to the new normal.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:28 pm

In post 289, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:FIIIIINE Curse can have the wheel for the night, stg can't have shit in this town, peace
Dont tell Curse I said this o-o but another reason I scum read you was actually your control over the gamestate. Curse normally doesn't have that O_O I think it's partly because you're a little more like "let's make a huge mess out of this thread" than Curse and people like it. I keep thinking survivor things because I just played two ORGs back to back but I'm thinking that you seem like you're more a good shield/in the middle and people are more interested in keeping you around and are more okay with you leading things. Anyways...

-baby bear
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

looooooooool we're sharing the sensorium HAHA oops

But it's good it doesn't really got like an ego attachment or whatever to being good at the game so all good
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:33 pm

In post 295, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 289, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:FIIIIINE Curse can have the wheel for the night, stg can't have shit in this town, peace
Dont tell Curse I said this o-o but another reason I scum read you was actually your control over the gamestate. Curse normally doesn't have that O_O I think it's partly because you're a little more like "let's make a huge mess out of this thread" than Curse and people like it. I keep thinking survivor things because I just played two ORGs back to back but I'm thinking that you seem like you're more a good shield/in the middle and people are more interested in keeping you around and are more okay with you leading things. Anyways...

-baby bear
I'm about 30 seconds and 20 characters from dayvigging your slot.

Say something townie or die.

click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:34 pm

In post 294, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:
In post 288, The Three Bears wrote:that's fair, maybe it was just random tone pings. i'll have to wait to see what Curse has to say since I think I have a better grasp on their play. very very very tentatively will give you a TL for now so I can think about other things. I still have to read up also since I skimmed so fast up.

-baby bear
Honestly was hoping Shrike could take over for this game some more, they need to socialize and I need to stop freaking out all the time. So I'm just going to put this out there and hope I can go spend my time thinking about other things again for awhile.

I was the one who initiated the Ceph push on this end. I was also the one who scumread Ircher first. Those are my posts, not Shrike's. There's a handful of others too. I don't do all-caps that much, I'm less slangy, I ask direct questions, I'm not clever with my words, my sentences are more complete, I take much longer to post. Shrike's too rude to be fit for man or beast, but I basically stand by and trust every move it's made so far despite that.

Meta WILL fail on me on every single level this game. That's a promise. I'm having to think differently, I'm developing a new playstyle from the ground up, I'm sharing time and brainspace with a foul-mouthed thing named after a bird, and I'm intentionally forcing myself to act different here and there (like not wallposting -- here's your exception, there will not be another) so that I don't slip into old habits that weren't working. You can scumread this, you can townread it -- you can do what you want with it, because I don't care. You're getting it because you asked for it, and it won't happen again.

Shrike and I will be sharing time again from here on out Don't go looking for the Curseposting, there won't be much more to speak of. I'm not signing anything, and whatever input I have is getting a Shrike filter to prevent overthinking to death. Welcome to the new normal.
Ok I won't use meta. I will try to read you as if I never knew you and try to keep in mind that there is only a handful of Curse posting in this mix. I understand wall posting can be pretty horrible and they don't work the best for me too. Thank you for this post :mrgreen:

-baby bear
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:34 pm

In post 297, Lady Lambdadelta wrote:
In post 295, The Three Bears wrote:

-baby bear
I'm about 30 seconds and 20 characters from dayvigging your slot.

Say something townie or die.
do it :]

-baby bear

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”