Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #125 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:41 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 121, Ydrasse wrote:...really? i had the opposite take and thought amazonian was townier because of the 'challenge' or threat they presented in their first posts.

like morph is probably the most boppable player(s) around at the moment and when you combine that with familiarity it's pretty uh... bold to make your first interaction "if you try to push us we WILL get you killed next day by virtue of our death" which doesn't really seem conciliatory at all but more like "fuck with us and regret it"

which, if there are people around that know you, seems like a bad idea to call attention to that sort of thing instantly.
I dunno, my take is that if it's the kinda thing you think you would do as town then it's the kind of thing you need to bluster about similarly as scum, and they wasted basically no time whatsoever immediately trying to establish "scumreading me is a scumclaim from you" which just felt a lil over the top for how early it was and how they initiated it. Like I said though, if it's out of the ordinary and potentially scum-indicative from them I'd expect morph to pick up on that and so I want to weigh their opinion a bit more than my own, it could entirely just be me as a third party not understanding the nature of their relationship with eachother
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #126 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:43 am

Post by Amazonian Legends »

To be clear, having laid out my stance with morph, I don't plan or want to center the whole game around us
flirting
sorting one another. That would be rude to the other eleven players here.

Although if that's how I appeal to people, wow do I need to work on my social skills.

implosion, any other scum reads besides Tammy with no reasoning behind them?

--PA
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #127 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:44 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 122, morph the cat wrote:(For context of people who don't know, the Cabd in Morph and the PA in Amazon are husband-wife.)
oh wow, thanks for the clarification.

I knew Cabd had got married to someone from here but I hadn't realized it was PA huh...

now the page 1 ~ 3 talk about "morph miseliminating amazonian is a death sentence" sounds more believable. I'm usually a bit skeptical about that sort of claim so I didn't take it to heart at first.

ps: okay now I'm gonna get to answering the other stuff, this post was too interesting to not comment on first
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #128 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:45 am

Post by numberQ »

Sup, I haven't read anything yet, but I got a N0 guilty on implosion. This makes up for me incorrectly SRing him in Guardians of the Fortress, now I can correctly SR him.
Hey!
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #129 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:49 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 113, GuiltyLion wrote:How much forum mafia experience do you have ultimately?
I played on team mafia 2021 and in game with implosion happening in a similar time-frame...before that one/two micros with Norwe in 2020...(it was a single game but rerolled midway)

Anything older than that I don't remember when it happened exactly, but yeah, I guess the answer is "haven't played a lot lately".

I kinda thought I was never gonna come back you know? I began to think putting so much effort in the games wasn't worth it anymore, so since my drive to play the games was vanishing, I thought of myself as retired...

ah...the innocence huh

although I'm here now for truly different reasons/drives

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #130 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:50 am

Post by northsidegal »

i can identify who shirou is on sight regardless of account, it's happened 100% of the time
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #131 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:50 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't think I have any actual concerns with Shirou now that he's followed up on stuff and I don't really scumread anyone else actively posting so far

VOTE: numberQ
what's this button do
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #132 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:51 am

Post by Shirou »

Unless you meant how much mafia experience I've in total

to which the answer is...considerable? although I take long breaks every few games, I've been here for around 3 years

I used to change accounts every few months or so, in case anyone wants the info I also went by the names Fumuki/Volpe/Churros/Buki/Nibbui and a couple more...

(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #133 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:51 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 129, Shirou wrote:although I'm here now for truly different reasons/drives
What are the reasons/drives?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #134 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:51 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 132, Shirou wrote:3 years
I feel like a boomer-cat.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #135 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

aaaaahhh Fumuki eh, if you are scum you definitely shouldn't have told me that
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #136 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:53 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 130, northsidegal wrote:i can identify who shirou is on sight regardless of account, it's happened 100% of the time
hahaha

it's true! if you want to know whether an anime alt is me or not you can always ask NSG I guess

only once she got slightly doubtful whether it was me or not because I was putting a bit more effort into not having ten thousand grammatical errors in every post (I only had one thousand for a few minutes in that account!), but she soon realized it was me anyway.

(Aka Volpe14)
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #137 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 125, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 121, Ydrasse wrote:...really? i had the opposite take and thought amazonian was townier because of the 'challenge' or threat they presented in their first posts.

like morph is probably the most boppable player(s) around at the moment and when you combine that with familiarity it's pretty uh... bold to make your first interaction "if you try to push us we WILL get you killed next day by virtue of our death" which doesn't really seem conciliatory at all but more like "fuck with us and regret it"

which, if there are people around that know you, seems like a bad idea to call attention to that sort of thing instantly.
I dunno, my take is that if it's the kinda thing you think you would do as town then it's the kind of thing you need to bluster about similarly as scum, and they wasted basically no time whatsoever immediately trying to establish "scumreading me is a scumclaim from you" which just felt a lil over the top for how early it was and how they initiated it. Like I said though, if it's out of the ordinary and potentially scum-indicative from them I'd expect morph to pick up on that and so I want to weigh their opinion a bit more than my own, it could entirely just be me as a third party not understanding the nature of their relationship with eachother
okay fair

to me if it's like some sort of "i rolled scum must be instant bravado" it's not going to do a lot in the long term so long as familiarity with play/attitude's sniffed out by the people that know them best so it's kind of a futile effort in that case, so, meh! little town
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #138 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:59 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 135, GuiltyLion wrote:aaaaahhh Fumuki eh, if you are scum you definitely shouldn't have told me that
kkkkkk

I'm a believer of fairness okay! It's no fun to win games by cutting edges, is it now? so I would have told you or anyone else that information regardless of my alignment or circumstance.

However yeah I'm simply town here, not much of a disadvantage even if people get paranoid of me.

(note: in my country we unanimously use "kkkkk" to laugh in the internet, I often try to use the universal "hahaha" but it always feels a bit off...so I'm gonna be using "kkkkkk" from now on after all, unless someone has a problem with it).

(Aka Volpe14)
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #139 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:10 am

Post by numberQ »

Alright I quickly skimmed everything, random thoughts from my read through:
In post 40, implosion wrote:Anyway. Ydrasse also kinda town i think.
Ydrasse had literally two posts when you posted this and one was her saying she's town.

---

I agree with Shirou that the hydra no-signing makes it harder to read, and even after reading morph's justification I'm not sure I totally agree with it. You're still two different people, not sure how it's useful to treat you as one entity when you're going to have different thought processes, etc. But I guess if it never becomes a big deal there's no reason to complain, so I'll respect it.

---
In post 98, morph the cat wrote:For having several player slots posting, the fact that we only have one solid read is kind of concerning. If this were a pool game being played casually at the bar, I'd ask to re-rack and break again because half the balls didn't even move yet on THIS break.
What's your one solid read? I think I missed it if you said it, and at this point int he thread I didn't get any solid vibes at all while skimming through, so this is surprising

---
In post 99, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 35, implosion wrote:No rvs. Only Seriousness.
y'all beat me to it this time! :D
In post 42, Shirou wrote:I can't read hydras if at least one of the heads doesn't sign

it's page 2 and I'm already confused on what head is posting what

VOTE: morph the cat
I don't like this post, it doesn't suggest that you're actually trying to figure out which head is which, and if you're confused you could just ask instead of using it as a motivation for a vote

VOTE: Shirou
Weird vote. Shirou's vote seemed perfectly natural especially that early in the game. While yours feels like it has very flimsy justification, and funnily enough that justification WAS that Shirou had flimsy justification.

GL's 105 is weird too, feels confbias-y

Later posts from GL don't have this feeling though so maybe I just didn't like his opening.

---
In post 131, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't think I have any actual concerns with Shirou now that he's followed up on stuff and I don't really scumread anyone else actively posting so far

VOTE: numberQ
what's this button do
Spoiler:
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #140 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:13 am

Post by numberQ »

That's mainly what stood out to me while skimming, though my eyes glazed over a few times. I'm on somewhat of a time crunch so if there's something more particular to look at, I can do so later if requested. Early, unrefined reads are the Shirou is leantown, GL is funky but I don't know if he's scummy without brewing on it more, and I feel like I should have a more solid opinion on the hydras but I don't.
Hey!
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #141 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:15 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 133, morph the cat wrote:
In post 129, Shirou wrote:although I'm here now for truly different reasons/drives
What are the reasons/drives?
Hmm...some are kind of personal but I'll try to say the others:

1) As impossible as it sounds and seems I want to hopefully gradually start diminishing my grammatical errors while writing in English, bit by bit?

2) It's fun to play/solve the games as long as it's very casually and only when I feel like it. I'm aiming for as little stress/pressure possible.

3) Along the years I've been here I've got to meet some rather fun/interesting people, so it's nice to get to play/see them again there and here, it's nostalgic even if we don't really know much about each other outside of mafia games. Also at the same time you get to meet new players. I try to aim now for games with playerlists containing both players I know and players I don't know for that reason...like this one.

4) It's always fun to me to
watch
mafia games, I enjoy being a spectator and that's why I liked reading older games, but at the same time you end up thinking "what if I had suggested this or that" while watching them, so I ended up deciding to play again but try to sit back a bit more often when possible, just watch the chaos unless I feel like I've a meaningful contribution to do (I was always trying to actively "lead" wagons, defend my slot and etc before even when it would be more beneficial for me to shut up)

But...I'm talking a bit too much about myself now ain't I...?

Guys stop giving me hard questions to which I can only answer with long serious posts

please and thank you

(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #142 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:18 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 139, numberQ wrote:What's your one solid read?
In post 106, morph the cat wrote:
In post 101, Cephrir wrote:i wonder what having solid reads on page 4 is like. it sounds nice.
Singular.

Let me give you a hint. You're still in Seattle, right?

Wait for Tammy to make a post, then time exactly 2 hours and 10 minutes after that, turn your ears to the west, just a tad bit south. Do you hear demonic screeching? If so, Tammy drew red. If not, locktown.
https://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=s ... ford%2C+IL

I'm local and have yet to hear any demonic wailing.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #143 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:19 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 123, implosion wrote:I want to townread Shirou with no reasoning behind it.
and you still would have the correct solve ~

(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #144 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:21 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 139, numberQ wrote:I agree with Shirou that the hydra no-signing makes it harder to read, and even after reading morph's justification I'm not sure I totally agree with it. You're still two different people, not sure how it's useful to treat you as one entity when you're going to have different thought processes, etc. But I guess if it never becomes a big deal there's no reason to complain, so I'll respect it.
Note that we have a title, the ONLY hydra on site to have one at all, precisely for the degree to which we synchronize our thoughts.

It won't be an issue this game.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #145 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:21 am

Post by morph the cat »

Spay reminds me I meant to correct "West" to "East" but ceph is just so good he can do the wrap-around-the-globe listening instead.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #146 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Amazonian Legends »

I was trying to figure out how the fuck that worked but then figured it was neuter-things.

--PA
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #147 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:26 am

Post by morph the cat »

Also, spay has a townlean she's going to plant in partial shade and water for a bit and see how it does.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #148 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:28 am

Post by morph the cat »

Ceph what are your page 6 thoughts?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #149 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 11:57 am

Post by fua »

I’m so confused right now.

Who are the hydras again? What people constitute them so I don’t get confused when they’re talking about the individuals?

Friendly reminder that I know exactly zero people here and their metas even less, so I likely won’t be much help at the moment.

Return to “Completed Open Games”