Shirou
numberQ (1):
GuiltyLion
Amazonian Legends (1):
Tejate Raichu

Not Voting (4):
imaginality, implosion, morph the cat, redtea

With 13 alive, it's 7 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is January 22 at 2:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-01-22 15:00:00)
Last edited by catboi on Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I just got back after an extended F5 break so I still need to sort out my thoughts, but man this timeline is looking... very weird so far. I'm still not sure I fully understand fua's logic here. How exactly was Ceph "overexplainy"? And why are you tying our alignments together? The most major interaction we've had so far is me asking him if he has anything that stood out for discussion since I felt like post 172/173 were pretty weak threads but I couldn't find much else.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

UNVOTE: Amazonian Legends
I need some time to think about this.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:37 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 302, Tejate Raichu wrote:UNVOTE: Amazonian Legends
I thought that was an RVS vote?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:38 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 294, Cephrir wrote:
In post 292, numberQ wrote:
In post 288, Cephrir wrote:
In post 286, numberQ wrote:There are reasons to vote Ceph
Are there? Because you've failed to provide any.
I mean you literally quoted me a few posts back giving a reason to vote you. This is honestly such a strange reaction

VOTE: Cephrir
I did quote 273 wherein you express suspicion of me. However, I don't think anything in that post constitues a reason. If anything you posted the opposite of a reason to suspect me.
I called you null-scum. How is that the opposite of a reason?
In post 301, Tejate Raichu wrote:I just got back after an extended F5 break so I still need to sort out my thoughts, but man this timeline is looking... very weird so far. I'm still not sure I fully understand fua's logic here. How exactly was Ceph "overexplainy"? And why are you tying our alignments together? The most major interaction we've had so far is me asking him if he has anything that stood out for discussion since I felt like post 172/173 were pretty weak threads but I couldn't find much else.
When you say "timeline" do you just mean the sequence of events in the thread? I'm not sure what's weird about it.
Hey!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:39 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 232, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 119, GuiltyLion wrote:I thought you came off townier than the Amazonian Legends hydra, it seemed like their play was more centered on appealing to you than vice versa, but I don't know if I have fully formed Takes on it yet since there's always gonna be some level of inherent weirdness in how much experience/familiarity you all collectively have with each other and how it needs to be acknowledged/addressed up front regardless of your alignment combination. Honestly for D1 I might just defer to how you two hydras each sort eachother but I'll jump in if something feels off to me
I know you had a conversation about part of this, but can you explain what you mean by appealing to?
It felt like you had a goal of establishing that you were going to scumread them if they scumread you, and your posts demonstrated that intention, whereas their opening was more just reacting to your entry.

"appealing" isn't the best word, I don't mean "appealing" in a literal sense, but I mean "appealing" in the sense that your posts were proactively designed around sending a message to them - does that make sense?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:40 pm

Post by numberQ »

Yeah that unvote from Tejate was very... dramatic, is the right word I think?
Hey!
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 303, morph the cat wrote:
In post 302, Tejate Raichu wrote:UNVOTE: Amazonian Legends
I thought that was an RVS vote?
Correct, but I'm now actually considering an actual vote. This push on Ceph strikes me as a bit... out of left field?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:43 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 273, numberQ wrote:The interaction between Tejate and Ceph from 238 on is pinging me. 238 itself does strike me as a lot of nothing that
could
be scum indicative. Ceph calling him out on it though, for some reason I didn't like it even though I generally agreed with the sentiment. And overall I feel like Tejate is coming out of that back and forth looking towny, and Ceph null-scum.
This was my impression too. Ceph is giving me major "SE pushing on a mislimmable Newbie in the Newbie Queue" vibes

I townread Tejate
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'd come around to a townlean on Tejate but post 302 bugs me.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 243, Cephrir wrote:so 238 essentially just says "hey look everyone i have handwritten notes" since there is no actual reason for it to exist.
this post in particular

I could definitely imagine it being town in Ceph's spot trying to pressure a questionable slot, but it's just ever so slightly too aggressive for me. like I can see where Ceph is coming from calling out that the "notes" comment is a bit LAMISTy, but it's not too hard for me to imagine a town!Tejate writing the post and thinking it might be useful, he feels genuine to me
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:50 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

actually though I am thinking fua's jump in is worse than Ceph's push

I townread Tejate, but I can imagine Ceph being town misfiring on him. I think if that was a T-T spat, fua's play vibes like scum looking for a distraction outside the scrutiny their own slot is receiving, and leveraging Tejate/Ceph to do it

VOTE: fua
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 304, numberQ wrote:I called you null-scum. How is that the opposite of a reason?
it's a read

a reason would be why you have that read

your join date is in 2011 come on
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:51 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 308, GuiltyLion wrote:Ceph is giving me major "SE pushing on a mislimmable Newbie in the Newbie Queue" vibes
?? i'm not even pushing anyone
Bartleby the Scrivener
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

implosion and nQ get major towncred for mindmelds

and I kinda townread Ydrasse so far too
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Admittedly I kind of overslept which is why I was late to the thread, so I'm not exactly surprised that I'm probably wording things in a way that could be perceived as scummy. Maybe it's best if I go to sleep early and sort out my thoughts tomorrow morning so I stop shooting myself directly in the foot.

Maybe since I feel like I can't really blame people for reading my posts in that light, it's making me skim over something suspicious about Ceph's wording? So far though, I do not feel like I have been given much reason to be excited about this wagon. I didn't really perceive it as a strong push for miselim (which he could have certainly attempted since there are 2 votes on me), and it also does make enough sense to me on a surface level. I also do not really like the idea of our alignments getting tied together this early in the thread just because he happened to be one of the people online at the time I got on.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 313, Cephrir wrote:
In post 308, GuiltyLion wrote:Ceph is giving me major "SE pushing on a mislimmable Newbie in the Newbie Queue" vibes
?? i'm not even pushing anyone
I was referring to the pressure on Tejate when I say "pushing on" (not "pushing")
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:54 pm

Post by Cephrir »

ok, i guess that's fair
Bartleby the Scrivener
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

anyway I'm a lil too high to be playing and my partner put Cool Runnings on so I'm gonna watch that for a bit and be back and play more later
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 6:55 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 314, GuiltyLion wrote:implosion and nQ get major towncred for mindmelds

and I kinda townread Ydrasse so far too
These stances seem really assured based on what is still pretty thin data on the ground, GL.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 318, GuiltyLion wrote:anyway I'm a lil too high to be playing and my partner put Cool Runnings on so I'm gonna watch that for a bit and be back and play more later
This has nothing to do with the game, have some chill vibes man.

Also as stated before, I agree on town-lean Ydrasse. They seem interested in actually gamesolving (even though I obviously don't agree with a wagon on myself), which so far makes them probably my least likely to want to elim today.

fua is not giving me the best of vibes, at the moment. I think I null read them for now, but I'm watching them closely..
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:13 pm

Post by morph the cat »

We're still stuck at 3 day-3 passes. :/
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:30 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 312, Cephrir wrote:
In post 304, numberQ wrote:I called you null-scum. How is that the opposite of a reason?
it's a read

The reason I have that read is because I looked at your posts and they made me think, "that guy is null-scum". Idk what you're implying by bringing up my join date, but if anything it means I'm comfortable trusting my gut and the general vibes I get even if I don't always put it into exact words. And judging from this interaction that was driven by me acting on my gut, I also feel pretty comfortable saying it's working.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 7:37 pm

Post by numberQ »

I want to TR Tejate because he does seem earnest. Plus I don't see S/S in Tejate + Ceph, and currently I like Ceph for scum. But I feel like Tejate isn't, I don't know, rocking the boat at all? I guess you don't have to do that to be town, but when I read most of his posts it feels kind of narrow and flat. I'm not seeing anything that makes me think "oh yeah, he's trying to pursue lines of thought and look for new angles to solve from".

Should probably re-ISO him but I'm out of time tonight, likely won't be on again until tomorrow.
Hey!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Sat Jan 08, 2022 8:04 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 322, numberQ wrote:
In post 312, Cephrir wrote:
it's a read

The reason I have that read is because I looked at your posts and they made me think, "that guy is null-scum". Idk what you're implying by bringing up my join date, but if anything it means I'm comfortable trusting my gut and the general vibes I get even if I don't always put it into exact words. And judging from this interaction that was driven by me acting on my gut, I also feel pretty comfortable saying it's working.
this conversation is ridiculous and i'm done participating in it. have a nice day
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Open Games”