fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:43 am

Post by fua »

In post 397, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 395, fua wrote:I just have a soft spot for people who correctly discern my alignment, I suppose.
I thought you claimed to be an experienced mafia player? You know if you are town, some scum will attempt to townread you and pocket you, right?
Mostly just that I wouldn’t be so stupid as to directly do what you’re saying. If people you think are scum are trying to pocket me then I must be town. :wink:
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:44 am

Post by fua »

In post 399, morph the cat wrote:
In post 390, fua wrote:Maybe I have, maybe I haven’t. If you think her scum meta is identifiable to a person who’s played with her before then I can listen to what you have to say. I’m going based off of what she’s posted here thus far.
I was wondering if your read of her was informed by prior games played.
I never form reads based on outside games anymore.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 362, fua wrote:I can see implosion and GL as a scum pairing.
is this because of any specific interactions between us, or just because we are both voting you
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:47 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 400, fua wrote:Mostly just that I wouldn’t be so stupid as to directly do what you’re saying. If people you think are scum are trying to pocket me then I must be town. :wink:
I'm not saying anyone is trying to pocket you (necessarily), just pointing out that you don't seem to be considering it. If you are town I would expect you to be considering it. like if I did know for a fact you were town, then for me redtea stock is almost certainly tanking hard, yet you townread them for ?? reasons
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:47 am

Post by fua »

In post 402, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 362, fua wrote:I can see implosion and GL as a scum pairing.
is this because of any specific interactions between us, or just because we are both voting you
It’s because you have no interactions with each other and yet pray to the reach gods to try to fabricate a reason to scumread me within less than a page of one another. But that’s just why I think you could be paired even outside of you both individually being scum.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:47 am

Post by Shirou »

@Tejate your reply was good, but now let's go to the second phase of it

It may be hard but try to imagine a hypothetical scenario where you're scum and Cephrir is town (regardless of what your actual alignments in this game are).

What do you think you would have done different in your engagements and in your behavior/posts around people opinions on you/Cephrir? Give it a good consideration. If you're experienced enough in scum play there's something you did here that it's not likely you would have done in this hypothetical.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:47 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 391, fua wrote:If you need me to name something I think her suggestion of the top posters sitting back for a while is a good idea, especially since we have a person who hasn’t posted still.
The only thing that pinged me was that she kinda jumped to your defense when I expressed my eyebrow-raise at your post about Shirou being LAMISTy.

Which is kinda kneejerk on my part. I feel like it's very easy to paste that kind of label on someone's post. Your subsequent reasoning about your Shirou read at that point was decent reasoning, hence my not pushing you further on it.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:49 am

Post by fua »

In post 403, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 400, fua wrote:Mostly just that I wouldn’t be so stupid as to directly do what you’re saying. If people you think are scum are trying to pocket me then I must be town. :wink:
I'm not saying anyone is trying to pocket you (necessarily), just pointing out that you don't seem to be considering it. If you are town I would expect you to be considering it. like if I did know for a fact you were town, then for me redtea stock is almost certainly tanking hard, yet you townread them for ?? reasons
I just did consider it. The conclusion I arrived at was that I don’t think it’s pocketing. Or at the very least the conclusion they arrived at makes much more sense for a townie actually trying to solve the game than yours.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:51 am

Post by fua »

In post 406, morph the cat wrote:
In post 391, fua wrote:If you need me to name something I think her suggestion of the top posters sitting back for a while is a good idea, especially since we have a person who hasn’t posted still.
The only thing that pinged me was that she kinda jumped to your defense when I expressed my eyebrow-raise at your post about Shirou being LAMISTy.

Which is kinda kneejerk on my part. I feel like it's very easy to paste that kind of label on someone's post. Your subsequent reasoning about your Shirou read at that point was decent reasoning, hence my not pushing you further on it.
Fair play. It’s not like people haven’t spoken on behalf of others here before, though.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:52 am

Post by fua »

In post 266, northsidegal wrote:
In post 262, morph the cat wrote:
In post 261, fua wrote:But yeah. It’s not a hard scumread or anything. Just a gut vote because I don’t know people enough to have real reads on them yet.
You sure put a lot of words around it for a gut vote.
this seems unfair – the original post and vote was pretty succinctly put and the elaboration only came after being explicitly asked for it
This is also correct, so… iunno.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:52 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 407, fua wrote:Or at the very least the conclusion they arrived at makes much more sense for a townie actually trying to solve the game than yours.
Do you honestly believe townies should see you as town by now? why? what things have you done that scum you can't do? Is your respect for your own scum game that low?

and I want to point out to you, they didn't even arrive to a conclusion on your alignment, they just said your playstyle was "conversationalist". That doesn't show me a solving mind that has stakes in the game
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:56 am

Post by imaginality »

Apologies, I didn't expect this game to start as soon as it did. I'm away on a family holiday returning home this evening.

I have at least read through the game to this point. If anyone has something specific they want me to comment on let me know, otherwise I'll share my own thoughts on what's caught my eye when I'm back home later. (Later being 12 hours or so from now.)
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:57 am

Post by fua »

In post 410, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 407, fua wrote:Or at the very least the conclusion they arrived at makes much more sense for a townie actually trying to solve the game than yours.
Do you honestly believe townies should see you as town by now? why? what things have you done that scum you can't do? Is your respect for your own scum game that low?

and I want to point out to you, they didn't even arrive to a conclusion on your alignment, they just said your playstyle was "conversationalist". That doesn't show me a solving mind that has stakes in the game
No, I just think your argument for the initial scumread was very bad because it functions off of two hypotheticals, tries to push a narrative, and completely ignores what one of the people you said was misfired town said in the first place. The fact that you’re doubling down and also ignoring my comment on that means that we’re not going to get anywhere with this conversation, so I humbly bid you adieu and will let someone else sort this out. Good talk, though.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:59 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 405, Shirou wrote:@Tejate your reply was good, but now let's go to the second phase of it

It may be hard but try to imagine a hypothetical scenario where you're scum and Cephrir is town (regardless of what your actual alignments in this game are).

What do you think you would have done different in your engagements and in your behavior/posts around people opinions on you/Cephrir? Give it a good consideration. If you're experienced enough in scum play there's something you did here that it's not likely you would have done in this hypothetical.
I feel like the most obvious thing to me, is that I would have been much more likely to engage with that post. If I am scum and already have some eyes on me, it would probably be beneficial to me to say that Ceph's reasons for suspicion are frivolous, and explain why I felt that way. This could easily be taken as pointless TvT arguing, or set up a later push on Ceph.

What was your theory?
In post 411, imaginality wrote:Apologies, I didn't expect this game to start as soon as it did. I'm away on a family holiday returning home this evening.

I have at least read through the game to this point. If anyone has something specific they want me to comment on let me know, otherwise I'll share my own thoughts on what's caught my eye when I'm back home later. (Later being 12 hours or so from now.)
Welcome to the thread!
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:00 am

Post by fua »

If you want further elaboration, you also tried to change the subject immediately when I pointed out my reasoning to try to latch onto weak spur of the moment reads. You can keep your vote on me, though. Not going to try to convince scum that I’m town.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:00 am

Post by fua »

VOTE: GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:08 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 414, fua wrote:you also tried to change the subject immediately when I pointed out my reasoning to try to latch onto weak spur of the moment reads.
when did I do this? I honestly don't know what you're referring to
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:08 am

Post by fua »

Just curious, though: What do you make of Tejate’s point that people are trying to tie him and Ceph together? Because you certainly pushed that note when you voted for me. Why can’t you be trying to pocket Tejate by going against popular opinion and TRing him?

I feel like if GL flips scum that implicates implosion and potentially clears both Ceph and Tejate? Not sure though.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:09 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 413, Tejate Raichu wrote:I feel like the most obvious thing to me, is that I would have been much more likely to engage with that post. If I am scum and already have some eyes on me, it would probably be beneficial to me to say that Ceph's reasons for suspicion are frivolous, and explain why I felt that way. This could easily be taken as pointless TvT arguing, or set up a later push on Ceph.

What was your theory?
Hmm...one more shot. I'll give you one more shot. and a hint.

It's not about what you did to Ceph, it's something about how you behaved to slots around Ceph/you. Do you realize anything new now with this hint when you imagine the hypothetical scenario from early?
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:10 am

Post by fua »

In post 397, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 395, fua wrote:I just have a soft spot for people who correctly discern my alignment, I suppose.
I thought you claimed to be an experienced mafia player? You know if you are town, some scum will attempt to townread you and pocket you, right?
Ding. You ignored the point I made in my rebuttal and immediately switched to poking at a townlean of a player who doesn’t have that many posts.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:12 am

Post by fua »

In post 403, GuiltyLion wrote:
Also ignoring 398 in favor of continuing the redtea discussion. I have a townlean on him for now based on a quick and instinctive D1 readslist. Deal with it.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:12 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 417, fua wrote:What do you make of Tejate’s point that people are trying to tie him and Ceph together? Because you certainly pushed that note when you voted for me. Why can’t you be trying to pocket Tejate by going against popular opinion and TRing him?
I do think anyone claiming to tie Cephrir and Tejate together would be making a mistake, yeah.

You're not wrong that I made some assumptions and suggested a narrative. I don't have any hard data so I offered a hypothetical that made sense to me and pushed it to see what would happen

I'm not trying to pocket to Tejate cause I'm town, but it's certainly not unreasonable for someone to suspect me of doing that, and if that's what you believe you should argue for it
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:13 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 420, fua wrote:Also ignoring 398 in favor of continuing the redtea discussion. I have a townlean on him for now based on a quick and instinctive D1 readslist. Deal with it.
ok

VOTE: redtea
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:15 am

Post by fua »

In post 421, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 417, fua wrote:What do you make of Tejate’s point that people are trying to tie him and Ceph together? Because you certainly pushed that note when you voted for me. Why can’t you be trying to pocket Tejate by going against popular opinion and TRing him?
I do think anyone claiming to tie Cephrir and Tejate together would be making a mistake, yeah.

You're not wrong that I made some assumptions and suggested a narrative. I don't have any hard data so I offered a hypothetical that made sense to me and pushed it to see what would happen

I'm not trying to pocket to Tejate cause I'm town, but it's certainly not unreasonable for someone to suspect me of doing that, and if that's what you believe you should argue for it
Which is what you did by saying they’re in a feud that I was trying to stoke the flames of.

I was just wondering because you have particularly circular logic in that part of your argument against NSG and redtea applies to you as well.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:17 am

Post by fua »

I mean, you don’t really have any progression on Tejate and the first time you mention him you say he’s a solid townread with zero reasoning. Which seems less believable to me than someone trying to consider a different perspective.

Return to “Completed Open Games”