morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #475 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:16 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 466, implosion wrote:I very desperately want to call Shirou super town but I feel like he's the kind of slot that I incorrectly townread sometimes.

I like tejate/ceph/nQ/ydrasse for town so far.
And you're questioning us wanting more than 3 townreads atp?

There's very little intersection in our reads atm. Hmm.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #476 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:16 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 469, fua wrote:And yes, that’s AtE. Go ahead and scumread me for it. I love manipulating people’s emotions and coming up with bullshit.
eh I don't really scum read you at all though kkkkk

it was just that I got a bit annoyed, but I'm back to being a calm lake perhaps.

I probably should post rants like that in my private topic (NAI just to make it clear, I've been kinda asking mods to create private topics for me regardless of my alignment, in my last scum game I had one as well but I asked Cakez to not make it public).
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #477 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:16 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 463, implosion wrote:Also I have absolutely no idea what "clang" is supposed to mean. My guess is it's negative because I think that one post of mine was pretty bad (it wasn't really intended to be good i was mostly annoyed for, really, similar reasons to what shirou just outlined)
"This is the kind of speech a villian of the week gives to the member of the heros party to convince them to pick up the idiot ball and do something really stupid to further the big bad's goals" was me specific thought.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #478 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:23 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I kind of want to know what clang is supposed to mean too, actually.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #479 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:25 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 473, fua wrote:I do partially accept your apology, but I also think it was REALLY uncalled for and felt like a personal insult rather than just commentary on in-game habits. I would be lying if that sort of approach didn’t kind of demotivate me from offering my opinion on matters.
In post 474, fua wrote:Like. This is literally just how I play.
Sorry again...

If it makes it any better, even though I would probably kinda skim over if I felt like you got in a heated discussion that you would simply be acting too defensively, I would still nonetheless pay attention later on to your reads and the justification for that. Just not while you were in that heated arguing phase.

I don't want to mention the name of that player, but there's a rather popular player that...kinda...plays like that as well, and I do really respect them and would be very much inclined to sheep them if they felt confident in a scum read/town read, it's just that when they get into that kind of argument, I know I'll end up exhausting if I try to follow up on it.

I'm kinda having a bad day with my poor gacha luck and other stuff, so a bit of that may have leaked out in that post early, but please don't feel like as if I want you to stop playing or anything, I think I could have phrased that better because my intention was to say "I think fua right now is feeling defensive regardless of alignment and this is likely not a productive discussion, so I recommend we move on and if perhaps that kind of discussion sparks with me as one of the members, don't be weirded out when I don't engage it".

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #480 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:26 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 478, Tejate Raichu wrote:I kind of want to know what clang is supposed to mean too, actually.
Spayhalf used that word. My very initial call to attention about it in our hydra chat was something to the effect of Alarm klaxons sounding on 428.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #481 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:26 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 478, Tejate Raichu wrote:I kind of want to know what clang is supposed to mean too, actually.
LOUD ping.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #482 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:27 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 479, Shirou wrote:poor gacha luck
So as I pray, unlimited wallet works.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #483 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:31 am

Post by fua »

In post 479, Shirou wrote:
In post 473, fua wrote:I do partially accept your apology, but I also think it was REALLY uncalled for and felt like a personal insult rather than just commentary on in-game habits. I would be lying if that sort of approach didn’t kind of demotivate me from offering my opinion on matters.
In post 474, fua wrote:Like. This is literally just how I play.
Sorry again...

If it makes it any better, even though I would probably kinda skim over if I felt like you got in a heated discussion that you would simply be acting too defensively, I would still nonetheless pay attention later on to your reads and the justification for that. Just not while you were in that heated arguing phase.

I don't want to mention the name of that player, but there's a rather popular player that...kinda...plays like that as well, and I do really respect them and would be very much inclined to sheep them if they felt confident in a scum read/town read, it's just that when they get into that kind of argument, I know I'll end up exhausting if I try to follow up on it.

I'm kinda having a bad day with my poor gacha luck and other stuff, so a bit of that may have leaked out in that post early, but please don't feel like as if I want you to stop playing or anything, I think I could have phrased that better because my intention was to say "I think fua right now is feeling defensive regardless of alignment and this is likely not a productive discussion, so I recommend we move on and if perhaps that kind of discussion sparks with me as one of the members, don't be weirded out when I don't engage it".
It's alright. I respect that you apologized. I will say that you almost certainly don't know who I am, but I forgive you for saying it and I can understand where you're coming from. I'm going to take a backseat for now since I've hogged too much of the thread, but thank you for being willing to at least listen.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #484 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 482, morph the cat wrote:
In post 479, Shirou wrote:poor gacha luck
So as I pray, unlimited wallet works.
it's ridiculous!

My account has such poor luck that it feels like the devs are toying with me sometimes...and then as if it's not enough, Norwe always post about his
ridiculous lucky
rolls on discord!

It's...it's decided...I'll ask Norwe to roll for me next time perhaps...

(Aka Volpe14)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #485 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:36 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Mafia is kind of like a gacha game, if you think about it.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Shirou
He/Him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #486 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:42 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 483, fua wrote:It's alright. I respect that you apologized. I will say that you almost certainly don't know who I am, but I forgive you for saying it and I can understand where you're coming from. I'm going to take a backseat for now since I've hogged too much of the thread, but thank you for being willing to at least listen.
thanks, I'll also probably take a backseat for a bit now, Tejate/you already answered all the doubts I had about the posted content.
In post 485, Tejate Raichu wrote:Mafia is kind of like a gacha game, if you think about it.
I just realized that I should one day do a gacha setup where you can roll for players from the forum and gain abilities.

It would be kinda funny to watch.

(Aka Volpe14)
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #487 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:45 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 486, Shirou wrote:I just realized that I should one day do a gacha setup where you can roll for players from the forum and gain abilities.
Ive ran both fire emblem heroes and fate grand order in a roll for your abilities style before and they were well received yeah.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #488 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:56 am

Post by morph the cat »

@Amazons

when your heads are in the game and caught up, we'll probably be ready to toss some ideas around.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #489 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:06 am

Post by implosion »

In post 475, morph the cat wrote:
In post 466, implosion wrote:I very desperately want to call Shirou super town but I feel like he's the kind of slot that I incorrectly townread sometimes.

This is not a direct comparison; I'm perfectly happy with the number of reads I have at this point. I'm specifically unhappy with not being able to trust myself on Shirou.

Regarding little intersection I assume part of that is because you're locktowning Amazons (and I'd imagine you probably are okay with other people not individually having the capacity to locktown them at this point) and at that point the expected amount of overlap between 2 people and 4 people is pretty low.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #490 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:08 am

Post by implosion »

In post 439, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 436, implosion wrote:
In post 430, fua wrote:
In post 428, implosion wrote:fua have you ever seen someone vote or fos you and go “gosh, I’m town but their reasoning here sure is solid”?
I mean, several other people in this game have said that it’s understandable if people scumread them for (X) reason. So if your point is that town always thinks that reasoning against them is bad then that’s clearly not true and also a weak argument to begin with.
that's... not even close to what i'm saying? my point is you seem especially acerbic toward people that have expressed suspicion of you. I literally asked you one question and then emptyvoted you and you're calling me your tied biggest scumread and speculating about who I'm scum with. It seems like a bit of an overreaction.
do you think the "acerbic"ity is scummy? I'm townreading it, I don't know if scum!fua would be this aggressive if they knew they were full of shit, I am getting a vibe that they're just a defensive person
Missed this, I think it's entirely personality and not really strongly readable. If it does swing one way it's probably a little townish at this point but I don't think it's near enough to be confident.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #491 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:09 am

Post by implosion »

Mostly I was just getting annoyed for being like, seemingly lambasted as scum over what I could only really explain as some kind of omgus.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #492 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:16 am

Post by numberQ »

In post 366, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 273, numberQ wrote:The interaction between Tejate and Ceph from 238 on is pinging me. 238 itself does strike me as a lot of nothing that
could
be scum indicative. Ceph calling him out on it though, for some reason I didn't like it even though I generally agreed with the sentiment. And overall I feel like Tejate is coming out of that back and forth looking towny, and Ceph null-scum.
Do not like this post. At all. I understand trying to read intent through wording, but what about Ceph's wording here was weird? Even I admit that I was shooting myself in the foot last night by letting LAMIST slip through more than actual town play. It was hardly a push, let alone an argument, so why is this perceived as AI?
Do you think the interactions between me and Ceph that resulted from this accusation are AI at all?
In post 323, numberQ wrote:I want to TR Tejate because he does seem earnest. Plus I don't see S/S in Tejate + Ceph, and currently I like Ceph for scum. But I feel like Tejate isn't, I don't know, rocking the boat at all? I guess you don't have to do that to be town, but when I read most of his posts it feels kind of narrow and flat. I'm not seeing anything that makes me think "oh yeah, he's trying to pursue lines of thought and look for new angles to solve from".

Should probably re-ISO him but I'm out of time tonight, likely won't be on again until tomorrow.
Again, I'm not sure what gives nQ the impression that it's not S/S? Like, yes, statistically speaking if you take any two random players the chances of it being two scum are low, but what exactly is giving them this impression that a scum!Ceph means that town!Me is likely? Once again, I would like to emphasize that so far myself and Ceph have barely interacted, and our interaction so far was mainly because we both happened to be on the thread at the same time. As much as I'd love to take this townread and go, this argument genuinely pings me as strange. I would
really
like some elaboration.
239 and 243 are not the kind of push I expect scum to give their buddy. It's such a ridiculous argument imo, to call someone out for putting their thoughts in the thread. And then your 244, particularly you apologizing if you're coming off as scum trying to seem active - I do not think that's scum talking to scum. Ceph never actually used those words, you conjured up that "scum trying to seem active" phrase yourself. I'm trying to picture scum read their buddy call them out the way Ceph did, and then thinking to themselves that putting those words in their buddy's mouth is a good idea. I just can't see it.

---

Anyway I started writing this post like, 3 hours ago and then got pulled away from the computer before I could finish. Haven't read anything since then, gonna try to catch back up now.
Hey!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #493 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:23 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 489, implosion wrote:
In post 475, morph the cat wrote:

This is not a direct comparison; I'm perfectly happy with the number of reads I have at this point. I'm specifically unhappy with not being able to trust myself on Shirou.

Regarding little intersection I assume part of that is because you're locktowning Amazons (and I'd imagine you probably are okay with other people not individually having the capacity to locktown them at this point) and at that point the expected amount of overlap between 2 people and 4 people is pretty low.
I feel like you're glossing over some reads that should be fairly easy to make, though. And I'm always going to raise an eyebrow at ceph getting early townreads from players with your level of experience. I'm not scumreading him but I've seen nothing from him that would remotely make me comfortable he's town at this point.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #494 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:32 am

Post by Cephrir »

"experience" and "experience with me" are different animals
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #495 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:35 am

Post by Amazonian Legends »

IT'S BACK!

morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #496 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:35 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 494, Cephrir wrote:"experience" and "experience with me" are different animals
You two haven't played recently? Anything since dedede? Which probably shouldn't count toward his ability to read you since he was scum in that game.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #497 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:49 am

Post by Cephrir »

i would estimate ive played with him maybe 2 or 3 times ever but i lack your encyclopedic recollection of past games
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #498 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:53 am

Post by morph the cat »

I haven't played with him since dedede, and my encyclopedic memory fails me if we've played other games. I did mod a normal game where he and peng were scum, though. In...2013.

I'm not going to quell my instincts about him this game.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #499 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:56 am

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 259, fua wrote:It’s the open acknowledgment of self-awareness coupled with his LAMIST attitude and admission of uselessness that made me suspicious of him to begin with. The part I quoted in particular stands out as pretty odd to me.
I don't hate this response. The reason I poked at it is because self-aware accusations are common easy tactics that scum use to scum read people with. It's typically a rather shallow reason to scum read people for especially considering it's more personality based than alignment based and some people are more self-aware as town than scum.

What do you think of him after your conversation this morning? (If you said, I missed it but I'm behind, so I'll see it as I catch up.

His posting just comes across rather earnest to me, and sure it has all the features you mentioned but I don't think it's coming from scum.

It was also hard to parse your side of the conversation with shirou this morning. I'm not sure if that's due to a language barrier, lack of experience or just a general talking past each other. There were a couple posts where I liked your fire or snark though, so I don't think it's intentional muddying the waters, but uh this is to preemptively say that I felt that some things got lost in translation and if I ask you a bunch of questions, I'm not trying to pick at you but trying to understand things that weren't clear.

Return to “Completed Open Games”