The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #927 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:41 am

Post by The Three Bears »

yes but even if i didnt think that, i dont think that list is all clear. it just doesn't feel clear to me in the sense that i find most people on that list at least a little suspicious
a beary good hydra \o/
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #928 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 920, tictac wrote:
In post 900, Greeting wrote:
In post 899, tictac wrote:i know that's the standard response, but it's also so inane.
no
I quite agree that it’s insane and that’s why I’m asking you to elaborate. If I’m scum but also
T3
is scum then what is the purpose of me suspecting them?
lemme refrase.
u don't get townpoints from a preflip assosiat to someone who is kinda sketchy.
cuz duh.

that aswer yer q?
Thank you for your answer, even with this, you've still done more than
some
players.

It doesn't really answer my question, though, it's more of a cut-it-short thing.

I think refusal to consider this perspective at all is lazy at best, scummy and in bad faith at worst. Probably the latter, since I clearly tried to push you to elaborate on that and you clearly refused to go in further. Is it maybe because the conclusions aren't in line with your push on me?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #929 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:50 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 923, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 896, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Bell/Norw/STD/LLD are never scum here.
maybe mush is scum after all. this is such a reach-y read. i dont believe that is all town and i cant imagine mush thinking that. mostly just the word 'never' makes it too extreme.

-babbie bear
this seems pretty extreme too
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #930 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:51 am

but i said maybe :o
a beary good hydra \o/
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #931 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:04 am

Post by tictac »

greet: i did consider that perspective, and i judged it to be dumb.
conclusions drawn from a faulty perspective are gonna be faulty also.
yes: from your proposed pow my stances are clearly contradictory, and i should not be having these opinions. that says more about the quality of the pow than my opinions, which is why i adressed the root of the disconnect instead of the question you asked.

noraa: i don't think u asked me anything, so dunno what u want me to react to?
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #932 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:16 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Noraa, I really don't want to engage you here. You're a tiresome player when you latch onto things, and that can be a good trait, but there's a reason I put Shrike in charge. If I could leave it in charge, I would. I don't want to deal with mafia right now. But then again, I don't want to deal with whatever complex Shrike gave Greeting, either, and I don't get to put that one off now that I committed to it...

Some days it feels like I just don't get to have nice things. Ugh. I'm only going to do this once.

Bell is obvtown. Not that I know him incredibly well or anything, but this just feels like honest, unconsidered play in ways most of the playerlist lacks.
Norw is engaging the players outside of who is coming to him first, and actually has something like a progression. This is probably the only town read that we have that's based in logic at all, and it's our weakest of this batch.
STD is just, so fucking town. I'm all-but-literally seeing this dude's brain work in my head. Shrike is too. This is town because if it isn't we're all tapped into the same primordial information well somehow, and STD doesn't strike me as the esoteric eldritch Discordian type.
LLD is everything I just said about STD combined with a history in and out of game of our brains functioning in bizarrely close patterns. I trust that I can read LLD more accurately than I can any other player in this game, which means if I have a read at all, I have to just accept whatever my head tells me about LLD. Right now, that's "all town, all the time".

Got it? Good. I've got cases to build and a deep-clean and organization pass to complete in my room. Leave the pointless shading for Shrike to deal with, I don't want any.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #933 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:17 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

I can’t take this.
The beetlejuice of popping in immediately when mentioned, but not making any signal of trying to keep up on the conversation. And deadbeat activity in this game compared to other sitewide activity. It adds up.
VOTE: Megazumarill
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #934 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:21 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

They can’t catch up to the game. But just so "happens" to show up immediately when their name is mentioned.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #935 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:23 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

They were clearly paying attention to the game, but doesn’t have anything worthwhile to say? I don’t buy it.

- Bunno
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #936 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 931, tictac wrote:greet: i did consider that perspective, and i judged it to be dumb.
conclusions drawn from a faulty perspective are gonna be faulty also.
yes: from your proposed pow my stances are clearly contradictory, and i should not be having these opinions. that says more about the quality of the pow than my opinions, which is why i adressed the root of the disconnect instead of the question you asked.
Why would my perspective be faulty? It is based on the simple, and I would say pretty rational, assumption that scum act towards advancing their team's goal, so every post they make is meant to advance their goal.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #937 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:26 am

In post 932, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Noraa, I really don't want to engage you here. You're a tiresome player when you latch onto things, and that can be a good trait, but there's a reason I put Shrike in charge. If I could leave it in charge, I would. I don't want to deal with mafia right now. But then again, I don't want to deal with whatever complex Shrike gave Greeting, either, and I don't get to put that one off now that I committed to it...

Some days it feels like I just don't get to have nice things. Ugh. I'm only going to do this once.

Bell is obvtown. Not that I know him incredibly well or anything, but this just feels like honest, unconsidered play in ways most of the playerlist lacks.
Norw is engaging the players outside of who is coming to him first, and actually has something like a progression. This is probably the only town read that we have that's based in logic at all, and it's our weakest of this batch.
STD is just, so fucking town. I'm all-but-literally seeing this dude's brain work in my head. Shrike is too. This is town because if it isn't we're all tapped into the same primordial information well somehow, and STD doesn't strike me as the esoteric eldritch Discordian type.
LLD is everything I just said about STD combined with a history in and out of game of our brains functioning in bizarrely close patterns. I trust that I can read LLD more accurately than I can any other player in this game, which means if I have a read at all, I have to just accept whatever my head tells me about LLD. Right now, that's "all town, all the time".

Got it? Good. I've got cases to build and a deep-clean and organization pass to complete in my room. Leave the pointless shading for Shrike to deal with, I don't want any.
i mean honestly i haven't even posted a reads list yet so like i dont get why you say this. i just felt like your readslist was too confident. and to be honest, i dont scum read norwee as much as i say i do. that doesn't mean i townread him but if i were gonna tunnel, it wouldn't look like whatever is happening here.

Im ok with Fenny town. The rest is where my issue lies. I scum read all of them a certain amount so i dont think they are all town.
a beary good hydra \o/
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #938 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:27 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

O M G
Noraa is backtracking their read on me.

- Bunno
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #939 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:34 am

now that the bunny has replied, here is my reasoning.

so this goes into a little self meta but for the most part, this specific type of analysis tends to work. this is by no means a mathblade level read. I was 100% that dude was scum and that isn't the case here with tictac. but here's the thing. theres a lot of different kind of players out there but almost every single one that has not given me a chance in a TvT situation does it again after the first time. So like if they were town and i was town and they just fully believed i was scum and would not reconsider. Tictac did that in our last game.

Now there are exceptions. Occasionally I play really really towny town games but this isn't one of them so tictac should at least have a SL on me. Most of my posts are not an insane length so reading them shouldn't be an issue. Tictac already gave reads on like seven different people and there is no scum read on me. theres an issue here. another thing is that their posts are VERY tonally different here. I'm lazy so i haven't gone back and looked to be able to pick out the differences but it is definitely pretty different. i dont think the bunny is town here.
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #940 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:34 am

In post 938, NorwegianboyEE wrote:O M G
Noraa is backtracking their read on me.
hi scum o/
a beary good hydra \o/
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #941 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:37 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

You’re saying Tictac is scum because they don’t scumread you?

- Bunno
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #942 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:38 am

what was unclear about what i wrote?
a beary good hydra \o/
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #943 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:38 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

It’s an very odd read.

- Bunno
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #944 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:40 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 943, NorwegianboyEE wrote:It’s an very odd read.
+1
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #945 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:42 am

someone who finds my play style very scummy isn't gonna suddenly not after 1 game. not how it works.
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #946 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:42 am

its sort of like certain players strike me as insanely scummy and their posts stick out an insane amount to me when im town. pretty sure that is tictac with me.
a beary good hydra \o/
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #947 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:45 am

Post by tictac »

In post 899, tictac wrote:i know that's the standard response, but it's also so inane.
no
I quite agree that it’s insane and that’s why I’m asking you to elaborate. If I’m scum but also
T3
lemme refrase.
cuz duh.

that aswer yer q?
greet: ur pow says i should do this, hence dumb.

noraa: i seen u once as scum and once as town. u are way more like u were as town here. even the case on me is kinda like the case on mathblade in tone.
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #948 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:49 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 945, The Three Bears wrote:someone who finds my play style very scummy isn't gonna suddenly not after 1 game. not how it works.
And what if they just used the information they gained from the previous game. And thus conclude that when you play in a way that they considered scum indicative previously, that it is NAI?
I’m null on Tictac atm, but i find your logic faulty.

- Bunno
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #949 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:50 am

Post by Greeting »

tictac wrote:
no
T3
lemme refrase.
cuz duh.

that aswer yer q?
greet: ur pow says i should do this, hence dumb.

This reasoning is so utterly stupid that I'm out of words. You're just screwing with me, that's all.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”