morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:17 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 520, implosion wrote:I fully forgot about dedede. I also fully forgot that I'd even played with Ceph before. There is one thing that I had remembered about morph and I see looking at dedede that it was in that game, which is that I distinctly remembered me having played a scum game where I made some post, and morph absolutely shredded me over that single post and I remember feeling like, emotionally devastated over it lol. Part of why I voted morph is that they felt kind of on the sidelines of this game so far which to be fair might be totally normal for them but it was in somewhat contrast to that memory.
We've been intentionally holding back a little waiting for more data from barely here slots. It's getting more difficult, though!

Though the break shot(s) was pretty weak, the balls are starting to separate on this table.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by fua »

In post 523, fua wrote:
In post 517, Tejate Raichu wrote:Alright well I'm not gonna spend another 2 hours reading over an early D1 list, so here you go. First person to tell me I'm an idiot and that all of my reads are wrong gets a free townread.

Spoiler: Reads list so far
Townie McTownerson
--- No one has received this esteemed honor yet.

Town-leaning

Ydrasse --- From what I have seen of their posts so far, they do seem to be in a mindset where they actually want to move things forward and discuss relevant topics. They were one of the first people that struck me as making an effort to move out of RVS, so I like them for town as it stands.
Shirou --- This wasn't really pinging me too much, and if I had posted yesterday they would have been pretty neutral. I
really
like their posts today so far. Going with topics other than the dominant one is something I generally like to see, especially if they're actually game relevant. While it seems like there's some dissent on this, I think their proposals weren't without potential value.

Neutral Town-lean

implosion --- I promise this isn't here just because they TR'd me. Their posts earlier in the day seem to be more silly, which I suppose is to be expected. Their logic, to some extent, seems to match up with my own on a few matters (particularly the Ceph discussion just after fua's vote) which gives me some slight confidence. I don't necessarily like the lack of explanation on some of their reads, though.
GuiltyLion --- This would probably be a neutral if not for 432. I actually quite like this as a response, and I appreciate the extensive clarification. This is the most major thing that sticks out to me about their ISO as it stands.

Neutral

nsg --- I feel like I haven't been given very much to work with here? Their post that pings me the most is the one where they asked the dominant posters to step back since not everyone had posted yet, but that doesn't feel very AI to me at all.
Ceph --- He does seem to be giving his thoughts on posts as they come in, but doesn't seem to have much extended discussion on certain topics. I'd probably re-evaluate on day 2. Still don't really agree with the reasons given for the current wagon.
fua --- I feel like I hardly need to explain, but this is here primarily because they gave me conflicting pings rather than few pings at all. Again, probably a slot I'd re-evaluate day 2.

Neutral Scum-leaning

numberQ --- As I have stated, I really, really do not like their posts on the Ceph situation. The way they were trying to frame it strikes me as very off. Given that this makes up the majority of their game content related posts so far, this really does not give me townvibes. I think their response is... fine, but not particularly amazing. Need some more time but my gut tells me bad things.

Scum-leaning

redtea --- As has been pointed out by several people, their ISO is quite tiny as it stands. The most major thing they have said is shrugging off suspicion of fua. I'll wait for this to post more but this slot doesn't exactly scream town to me so far.

Unranked

imaginality --- I have absolutely nothing to work with here. No posts, no reads.
Amazonian and morph --- Intentionally unranked. I have zero experience with hydras, so I'm gonna need some more time to sort out my thoughts on these.
Tantalus called— he wants his low-hanging fruit back.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by fua »

Haha. Balls.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

You didn't call me an idiot so I'm afraid I can't townread you for that.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by fua »

In post 528, Tejate Raichu wrote:You didn't call me an idiot so I'm afraid I can't townread you for that.
:cry:
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:22 pm

Post by implosion »

Are you willing to share any of the early townreads you believe I should have but don't, morph?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 530, implosion wrote:Are you willing to share any of the early townreads you believe I should have but don't, morph?
Soon-ish.

Will probably be first topic on the agenda when Amazons are caught up.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:30 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I think fua share's Sigmund's taste in cologne.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:33 pm

Post by fua »

I don’t drink cologne, sorry.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 533, fua wrote:I don’t drink cologne, sorry.
That was a nod to your braggadocio.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by fua »

I also don’t know that word.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by morph the cat »

roughly translates to "swagger"
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 466, implosion wrote:I very desperately want to call Shirou super town but I feel like he's the kind of slot that I incorrectly townread sometimes.

I like tejate/ceph/nQ/ydrasse for town so far.
Can you expand on your nq townread?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by fua »

In post 536, morph the cat wrote:roughly translates to "swagger"
I do have a lot of swag, but I'm afraid I'm not Sigmund.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

VOTE: numberq
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 538, fua wrote:
I know! Sigmund was a Pooky alt and you are not.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

la dee da
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by fua »

In post 540, morph the cat wrote:
In post 538, fua wrote:
I know! Sigmund was a Pooky alt and you are not.
Also true. It's relatively easy to figure out who I am if you've played with me before.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 537, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 466, implosion wrote:I very desperately want to call Shirou super town but I feel like he's the kind of slot that I incorrectly townread sometimes.

Part of it is he feels very similar to the game we just played where we were both town. The way he's engaging with the game/with people, I think as a catch up followed by engaging with people and asking for a vote count and then voting before getting one is somewhat town.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 543, implosion wrote:
In post 537, Amazonian Legends wrote:

Part of it is he feels very similar to the game we just played where we were both town. The way he's engaging with the game/with people, I think as a catch up followed by engaging with people and asking for a vote count and then voting before getting one is somewhat town.
what do you think about the things he's actually saying beyond him just saying him? :<
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by implosion »

I also just want to say that I currently kind of feel like my d1 reads are like, absolutely doomed to be complete trash based on recent games so ultimately while I do currently think these things and can give reasons why I think them I really don't think it's especially likely I'm right :X
In post 544, Ydrasse wrote:what do you think about the things he's actually saying beyond him just saying him? :<
tbh I haven't really been paying the closest of attention to the actual threads of this game compared to the aesthetics of it. But uh, idk. He's maybe a little focused on some specific people but that's normal on d1.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by numberQ »

Decided to ISO Ceph and maybe it's confbias but I'm seeing scum motivation behind a lot of his posting. Here's a wall about it.
In post 174, Cephrir wrote:
In post 148, morph the cat wrote:Ceph what are your page 6 thoughts?
i'm liking shirou a moderate amount. they seem at ease and i don't mean because they're talking about how at ease they are/want to be.

i didn't care for fua's first post.
This is where his ISO starts to look funky. I already commented that I wasn't sure how fua's first post was AI, since it was entirely about being confused by the hydrae. Both Ceph himself and morph have indicated this is possibly a valid reason to not care for an entrance, but I still think it's nothing. As town, I've been confused/frustrated by hydrae before.

But even if you don't agree with any of that, just look at the other major point of this post. Ceph claims to like Shirou, despite him ALSO complaining about hydra stuff in his opening post.

To be absolutely fair, Ceph gave these opinions in response to a direct question about his thoughts on page 6, and Shirou's opening post didn't happen on page 6. So in a vacuum, this point is bullshit. But in context with the rest of Ceph's ISO I can't help but see it as suspicious.

After this, Ceph proceeds to pocket Shirou with 207 and 223.

239 begins his interaction with Tejate that I've talked about extensively already, and which initially turned me on to him as a SR.
In post 288, Cephrir wrote:
In post 286, numberQ wrote:There are reasons to vote Ceph
Are there? Because you've failed to provide any.
And this (plus the rest of the discussion he had with me after this) helped me solidify the SR. He oscillated between disproportionately hostile and dismissive.

Hostile: 288, 312
Dismissive: 277, 294, 296 (actually a response to fua)
Hostile AND dismissive: 324

Note how nowhere in there is a single actual refutation of my read, just consistently saying that I have no reason to come after him. My reasoning at the time was of course mostly gut based. But then why have that kind of reaction to it? It's not scummy to have an emotional reaction and it's not scummy to argue against a scumread on you. What's scummy is the dissonance between them in Ceph's posting here.
In post 379, Cephrir wrote:it's weird, i went to bed feeling like no one was scum and have woken up thinking everyone is scum.
I've been in games where reads are impossible to feel good about all the way up to like, D3 or 4. This post feels like he's misconstruing this game as one of them. At a stage where people are starting to put out reads and leans, even tentative ones, here Ceph is giving a reason why he might not be able to. And then of course, he does not for the rest of his ISO. This is also +scum - he's been in several interactions and debates, but his only takeaway is that "everyone is scum"?

pedit: "He's maybe a little focused on some specific people" - great timing for me to come out with a wall about a single person :lol:
Hey!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 546, numberQ wrote:After this, Ceph proceeds to pocket Shirou with 207 and 223.
ummm soooo

i voted you because i felt like you were working towards a potential shirou vote with your posts like. you're saying you don't buy what shirou's saying, you're doubtful, it's felt like a theme in your iso where you're unsure about shirou. so why are you confident then that this is ceph pocketing?
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 512, morph the cat wrote:
In post 508, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 310, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 243, Cephrir wrote:so 238 essentially just says "hey look everyone i have handwritten notes" since there is no actual reason for it to exist.
this post in particular

I could definitely imagine it being town in Ceph's spot trying to pressure a questionable slot, but it's just ever so slightly too aggressive for me. like I can see where Ceph is coming from calling out that the "notes" comment is a bit LAMISTy, but it's not too hard for me to imagine a town!Tejate writing the post and thinking it might be useful, he feels genuine to me
morph (and penguin)

What did you guys think about this? Both the original post by Ceph and the analysis by Guilty Lion?
When the post hit the thread, we snorted at Ceph dusting off the Titus handwritten notes tell. And we don't think it's a valid observation in this case.

I don't really have an objection to GL's characterization of Ceph, beyond my general concern that many of his stances so far feel overblown given the data in the thread.

Also I'm gonna have to break out the benadryl if I see many more "LAMISTy" references.
Ceph's post there had a little kick to it, and I was trying to remember if that was more likely to come from ceph!town than ceph!scum. It's been so long, but I thought I remember it being more likely to come from town him?

Anyway, I found gl's post there about it a bit scummy, but then I just read through his back and forth with fua, and I liked his posts there, so now I"m kinda meh on thinking this was a scummy post.

I'm caught up but need to step away and finish some work, so I'll be back shortly.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 547, Ydrasse wrote:
In post 546, numberQ wrote:After this, Ceph proceeds to pocket Shirou with 207 and 223.
ummm soooo

i voted you because i felt like you were working towards a potential shirou vote with your posts like. you're saying you don't buy what shirou's saying, you're doubtful, it's felt like a theme in your iso where you're unsure about shirou. so why are you confident then that this is ceph pocketing?
Yeah in a vacuum I'm unsure about Shirou. But that's all it is, uncertainty. I'm willing to TR him by association with my SR on Ceph.
Hey!

Return to “Completed Open Games”