Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #700 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by fua »

In post 698, morph the cat wrote:
In post 638, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 561, morph the cat wrote:{amazons}
{Shirou}
{fua, Tejate} -- ffery thought about having fua up one, but it's probably just all the Axe fragrance wafting through the thread
--------------
the rest of you fucks
--------------
{NSG, ydrasse}

Ydrasse because she's kinda looking like she doesn't really want to be active in the thread, and because her numberq vote looked like one of those bold moves she sometimes makes as scum, like she was hurrying to be at the front of the town parade.

NSG is also giving off thread-avoidance vibes and we're still not too thrilled with the way she threw herself in front of our comment to fua. hobnail boots, etc., though it wasn't exactly a line of questioning.

If ydrasse is scum and we're not just being paranoid, then GL's easy townread there after the dancegame becomes a point of great interest.

not enough data to make an educated guess, but kinda scum-leaning tea, and kinda townleaning imaginality
I liked ydrasse's thread presence yesterday, and I liked that at two times - with tejate and nq - she voted just as I was thinking they were suspicious. That's a terrible take I know, but I still liked it. I know she's started posting more now, but I have a headache and I'm going to bed, so reading that other than a skim will have to wait. Vacation is over, so I need to get back on a schedule.

Both heads are suspicious of nsg. Penguin doesn't like that she said the thing about holding off on posting and then didn't post herself. That doesn't bother me so much as I didn't like the post itself, and the interactions with you regarding fua felt wrong. Like it felt like a wrist slap rather than an actual defense or figuring you out. I pondered that it was a scum/scum conversation over fua because something didn't sit right. It just didn't feel like town talking to someone whose alignment she didn't know. I was hoping there'd be more today to see if I was chasing shadows here.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Might follow along and post again if I can't sleep, but hopefully you don't see me until tomorrow. Don't think Penguin is going to get a chance to post tonight.
I LOVED her presence yesterday and was engraving that day 3 ticket. We've both been less than impressed today and have been thinking about her scum play in a few recent games.

On the gripping hand, her reaction to our reads list didn't strike me as bad, nor did her pushback. So, there's that. We'll probably have to kick the read around further before we settle.

-------------

Regarding the cop claim, I'm gonna stare at that post for a while, shake my head, and wonder out loud why I thought joining this game was a good idea.

BF is curious why I think joining ANY mafia game is a good idea.
You have no idea how bad the last game I was in was. You also underestimate how good I am at being mislimmed.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #701 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by Shirou »

I'll hold back
the part of my consciousness that wants to say the awkwardness on Tejate's posts is scummy.
I'll win
this war within.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #702 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:31 pm

Post by fua »

In post 701, Shirou wrote:
I'll hold back
the part of my consciousness that wants to say the awkwardness on Tejate's posts is scummy.
I'll win
this war within.
Very subtle. I like it.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #703 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 699, Shirou wrote:...
Lastly, his post "if Shirou is scum he's surely doing a good damn fine job at it" seems rather unusual/difficult to come up with for newbie scum. It may be a single post but it's the kind of person/player I'm. I feel better about reads surrounding a few posts rather than taking the entire ISO of someone into consideration.
I actually use that phrase somewhat often when I'm all but locktowning someone. Of course, I can't really prove this as I have nothing to point to.
In post 699, Shirou wrote:...
p-edit: @Teijate I can tell fua is likely ballsy, but my opinion that this is the correct course of action to do at the moment remains.
Agreed. I've seen scum do weirder plays, to be honest.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #704 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 692, numberQ wrote:
In post 690, fua wrote:Have you never put your ducks in a row and singled out potential miselims to push as scum? By taking one of those away and putting that fat towncred on myself I remove some of their power and give town time to talk about the events preceding my alignment and role reveal.
What towncred are you getting though? That's my point.
well, there is the towncred they're getting from being obviously town on these last 2 pages, does that help
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #705 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:41 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 700, fua wrote:
In post 698, morph the cat wrote:
In post 638, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 561, morph the cat wrote:{amazons}
{Shirou}
{fua, Tejate} -- ffery thought about having fua up one, but it's probably just all the Axe fragrance wafting through the thread
--------------
the rest of you fucks
--------------
{NSG, ydrasse}

Ydrasse because she's kinda looking like she doesn't really want to be active in the thread, and because her numberq vote looked like one of those bold moves she sometimes makes as scum, like she was hurrying to be at the front of the town parade.

NSG is also giving off thread-avoidance vibes and we're still not too thrilled with the way she threw herself in front of our comment to fua. hobnail boots, etc., though it wasn't exactly a line of questioning.

If ydrasse is scum and we're not just being paranoid, then GL's easy townread there after the dancegame becomes a point of great interest.

not enough data to make an educated guess, but kinda scum-leaning tea, and kinda townleaning imaginality
I liked ydrasse's thread presence yesterday, and I liked that at two times - with tejate and nq - she voted just as I was thinking they were suspicious. That's a terrible take I know, but I still liked it. I know she's started posting more now, but I have a headache and I'm going to bed, so reading that other than a skim will have to wait. Vacation is over, so I need to get back on a schedule.

Both heads are suspicious of nsg. Penguin doesn't like that she said the thing about holding off on posting and then didn't post herself. That doesn't bother me so much as I didn't like the post itself, and the interactions with you regarding fua felt wrong. Like it felt like a wrist slap rather than an actual defense or figuring you out. I pondered that it was a scum/scum conversation over fua because something didn't sit right. It just didn't feel like town talking to someone whose alignment she didn't know. I was hoping there'd be more today to see if I was chasing shadows here.

Anyway, I'm going to bed. Might follow along and post again if I can't sleep, but hopefully you don't see me until tomorrow. Don't think Penguin is going to get a chance to post tonight.
I LOVED her presence yesterday and was engraving that day 3 ticket. We've both been less than impressed today and have been thinking about her scum play in a few recent games.

On the gripping hand, her reaction to our reads list didn't strike me as bad, nor did her pushback. So, there's that. We'll probably have to kick the read around further before we settle.

-------------

Regarding the cop claim, I'm gonna stare at that post for a while, shake my head, and wonder out loud why I thought joining this game was a good idea.

BF is curious why I think joining ANY mafia game is a good idea.
You have no idea how bad the last game I was in was. You also underestimate how good I am at being mislimmed.
While we think you're town, your chances of being elimmed while we're alive are pretty low.

Our reads list was a gauntlet thrown down in that regard. Not that it's particularly needed atm.

------------

^^ top shelf buddying from spayhalf.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #706 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:42 pm

Post by fua »

I don’t know you or your alignment so it’s better safe than sorry.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #707 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:44 pm

Post by fua »

In post 690, fua wrote:Have you never put your ducks in a row and singled out potential miselims to push as scum? By taking one of those away and putting that fat towncred on myself I remove some of their power and give town time to talk about the events preceding my alignment and role reveal.
Being town and explaining my thought process behind the claim.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #708 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:45 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

fua's towning townily
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #709 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 704, Cephrir wrote:
well, there is the towncred they're getting from being obviously town on these last 2 pages, does that help
Thanks for the input. Not what (or who) I was asking though.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #710 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:20 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 707, fua wrote:
I think it's a NAI thought process but fair enough I guess.
Hey!
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #711 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 708, Ydrasse wrote:fua's towning townily
Gave up on hot takes and slid into practically already molding stale takes eh?
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #712 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:25 pm

Post by fua »

In post 710, numberQ wrote:
In post 707, fua wrote:
I think it's a NAI thought process but fair enough I guess.
It’s a town thought process because I said it and I’m town.
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #713 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:33 pm

Post by imaginality »

So from my read-through, these are the players I'm suspicious of to various degrees:

Cephrir
looks a bit suspicious to me, there's been a few instances of Cephrir commenting negatively on something without following through on it. Seems like the intent is to stir up suspicion rather than scum-hunt.

I'm also suspicious of
Ydrasse
. Need to go back and get the quotes but I remember being pinged at least a couple of times.

I think if anything
fua
's claim today is slightly +scum rather than +town as fua hinted it's a late-day action so it seems like it could be designed to encourage us to keep fua around, while also making docs likely to target fua which is fua is scum gives scum freer rein to kill whoever they like. Definitely feeling a bit wary about that.

--

The players I get good townvibes from so far are
Shirou
morph
and
numberQ
. I feel okay about
GuiltyLion
too. I don't quite recall what the case was against him but I do recall it didn't seem great to me.

--

Having a hard time figuring out where I stand on
Amazonian
and
Tejate
. They will be my focus for digging into tomorrow

I was interested in the way
implosion
defended Ydrasse and NSG in post 632. This is more of an 'if NSG or Ydrasse flip scum, I'd look harder at implosion' thing. I don't see implosion as being as questionable as the players I mentioned above.

redtea
and
northsidegal
fall into TBC, need more data here.

--
Mech thoughts:

I'm on board with the 'cops claim results at daystart' plan.

On a different note:

Assuming a 5-5 split, we have on average 97% chance of at least one pair of Town cops (i.e. cops who have the same action on the same night), and 78% chance of two pairs (or one triplet). Even if it's a 4-6 split, the 4 town players have 81% chance of at least one pair.
The same analysis applies to docs, of course.
So objectively, for the town as a whole, we can't really tell a lot from the existence of any particular pair.

However, subjectively it's a little different. Subjectively, there's 1-80%^4 = 60% chance of you being paired with a town player if you're part of five town players with that role (and 50% if there are four of you, 70% if there are six of you). So someone claiming the same role and night as you gives you at least a slight reason to suspect them over baseline suspicion (3/12 = 25%).
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #714 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by fua »

The point is that I’m not doing it as a late-day action though. We’ve got a lot more time left on the clock to discuss if you want.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #715 (ISO) » Sun Jan 09, 2022 11:45 pm

Post by fua »

If you’re a doctor and think I have a chance of being scum trying to take focus onto them, then by all means feel free to prioritize someone else. Me dying will only confirm my role and alignment anyway, so…
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #716 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 1:53 am

Post by numberQ »

Kind of feels like fua is baiting a cop to target them with all this blatant LAMIST-ing. Which I guess is +town because scum wouldn't want to be targeted?
Hey!
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #717 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:13 am

Post by Ydrasse »

In post 711, morph the cat wrote:
In post 708, Ydrasse wrote:fua's towning townily
Gave up on hot takes and slid into practically already molding stale takes eh?
yeah expect em room temp from now on
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #718 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 2:17 am

Post by Ydrasse »

also @numberq i was correlating 270 + 509 as scumreading because you were like vibing with the vote on shirou and then the language u used was doubtful (not buying) vs just like questioning

no i will not link these posts on mobile
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #719 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 3:21 am

Post by fua »

In post 716, numberQ wrote:Kind of feels like fua is baiting a cop to target them with all this blatant LAMIST-ing. Which I guess is +town because scum wouldn't want to be targeted?
Me? LAMISTy? :eek:

Take that back. :mad:
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #720 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:03 am

Post by Ydrasse »

shirou, fua
tejate, implosion, amazonians, nsg
guiltylion, cephrir, imaginality, numberq
morph, redtea

UNVOTE:
6_6 the only reason i’m not voting morph right now is because we have a lot of the same townreads even if their scum ones are ??? and i feel a little weird about the mason offer to amazonians early on but i don’t know how to verbalize it. i think part of it is being pre-emptively annoyed with how that could play out

i don’t think numberq accuses someone of gaslighting like that as scum that feels like... a weird accusation to make so, nulltime

voting redtea feels like a waste if they’re not active but their entrance was meh
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #721 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:31 am

Post by morph the cat »

why do you have nsg so high?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #722 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:32 am

Post by morph the cat »

and implosion for that matter
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*

Post Post #723 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 5:56 am

Post by Ydrasse »

it’s a townlean category so

i liked implosions reply to me about the aesthetic reading . i was too embarrassed to put him higher for that comment but i enjoyed it

most of nsg’s posting to me was null except for her brief interaction with your slot but i thought she looked nice off of it
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #724 (ISO) » Mon Jan 10, 2022 6:03 am

Post by morph the cat »

Implosion's interactions with us are giving me dedede vibes, but I haven't (yet) gone back to look at his iso in that game. Insomnia struck so it might be tomorrow before I do that review.

Return to “Completed Open Games”