Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1075 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I suppose that is a fair point. I would still like to hear their answer, as well. No one else seems to have reservations about townreading me, or declaring their intent to throw me to the wolves.
In post 988, Tejate Raichu wrote:Also, I'm still very curious why Shirou hasn't come to a conclusion on my slot yet? I'm not sure I really understand what lines he's waiting to read between at this point, I feel like I've produced a fair amount of content for a basic day 1 read.
It does strike me as somewhat odd? It's not as if we're at risk of outing a mason if I get accused. We know that everyone is going to claim doctor or cop.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1076 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:57 pm

Post by implosion »

I also think the AL/morph thing is maybe a little off - morph's stated strength in reading AL is drastically higher than the other way around and like, I imagine morph-scum with AL-town wouldn't really be able to get away with
not
making a statement like that, right? There was a lot of talk about specifically that pairing having high BoP to read quickly.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1077 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:58 pm

Post by morph the cat »

I'm here.

I'm absorbing atm.

My read of implosion is really frustrating. I feel strongly something's off with him, but it's so hard pinpoint/find words.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1078 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:59 pm

Post by northsidegal »

alright then, random thoughts:

morph, not sure why you think that i'm in the UK. if it's because i sometimes stay up until 5 AM in any american time zone playing mafia, that's just a thing that i (used to) do!!!

also i resent ceph implying that everybody above me on that one list is more charismatic than me (except ydrasse), i have more charm than a bracelet
wiki | modded | Newbie NewD3 Stats | scripts

things fall apart
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1079 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:00 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1075, Tejate Raichu wrote:I suppose that is a fair point. I would still like to hear their answer, as well. No one else seems to have reservations about townreading me, or declaring their intent to throw me to the wolves.
I generally agree with nsg's stated ethos, and you're a relatively new player. Newer players are often easier to read through specific tells that new players are prone to committing, towntells that can be trusted more because a new player wouldn't be as likely to have learned them as scum, and scumtells that they don't know to avoid.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1080 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1078, northsidegal wrote:morph, not sure why you think that i'm in the UK. if it's because i sometimes stay up until 5 AM in any american time zone playing mafia, that's just a thing that i (used to) do!!!
I don't know why I have the impression, but I've had it forever. :/

I'll attempt to adjust to the idea you're not.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1081 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:01 pm

Post by northsidegal »

also also before i read those p-edits, i feel like everyone misinterpreted what i was actually saying in – i even explicitly said "that isn't a recommendation". i was really just thinking out loud as to whether or not something was affecting thread health / was the reason why people didn't seem to have any strong feelings and if there was a way to fix that. i get that people usually say "i wonder if <blank>" as a way to put that forward as an idea but that wasn't what i was trying to do.

things fall apart
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1082 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1079, implosion wrote:
In post 1075, Tejate Raichu wrote:I suppose that is a fair point. I would still like to hear their answer, as well. No one else seems to have reservations about townreading me, or declaring their intent to throw me to the wolves.
I generally agree with nsg's stated ethos, and you're a relatively new player. Newer players are often easier to read through specific tells that new players are prone to committing, towntells that can be trusted more because a new player wouldn't be as likely to have learned them as scum, and scumtells that they don't know to avoid.
I'm not going to argue that point, but what do you think of Shirou's stated intent to not state the things he's considering about my slot?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1083 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:02 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1077, morph the cat wrote:I'm here.

I'm absorbing atm.

My read of implosion is really frustrating. I feel strongly something's off with him, but it's so hard pinpoint/find words.
Do you think any of this has anything to do with me scumreading you, or is it 100% unrelated?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1084 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:03 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1082, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 1079, implosion wrote:
I'm not going to argue that point, but what do you think of Shirou's stated intent to not state the things he's considering about my slot?
I think it is what it is mostly. Some people play that way and it can be annoying to deal with but on its face it probably isn't alignment indicative.
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1085 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:04 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1074, implosion wrote:I'm here and happy to interact but you haven't really given me much to interact directly with :p

The point on 603 from Ydrasse is interesting and the meta-guiltylion thing is interesting. I'm not as sold on the first point.
i mean you said that shirou being deepscum was your pet theory so it just seems strange that after saying "now we're talking" when i bring it up you don't have anything more to say about it
In post 1076, implosion wrote:I also think the AL/morph thing is maybe a little off - morph's stated strength in reading AL is drastically higher than the other way around and like, I imagine morph-scum with AL-town wouldn't really be able to get away with
not
making a statement like that, right? There was a lot of talk about specifically that pairing having high BoP to read quickly.
mm, i suppose it may be a bit more one-way than i was giving it credit for. i'll keep that in mind, at least.

things fall apart
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1086 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by implosion »

nsg: how would you characterize your nullreads in terms of having seen things that sway you both ways on them, vs having read a lot of their posts and feeling like you haven't found anything concretely alignment indicative, vs not having enough material to sort through, etc?
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1087 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1085, northsidegal wrote:i mean you said that shirou being deepscum was your pet theory so it just seems strange that after saying "now we're talking" when i bring it up you don't have anything more to say about it
I don't really have a ton more to say. Specifically his play was reminding me kind of of another specific scumgame I'll go find, though I really don't know if there's any actual reason my brain was making the connection to it other than it being a scumgame where I felt like I had very good reasons to townread someone and I was wrong. This is also related to how I was saying I wanted to townread Shirou earlier but felt like I couldn't, because I feel like his play is similar to some scumgames that have snowed me before.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1088 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1078, northsidegal wrote:also i resent ceph implying that everybody above me on that one list is more charismatic than me (except ydrasse), i have more charm than a bracelet
i said approximately!!

also hooray content
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
northsidegal
northsidegal
Survivor
northsidegal
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1089 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by northsidegal »

In post 1086, implosion wrote:nsg: how would you characterize your nullreads in terms of having seen things that sway you both ways on them, vs having read a lot of their posts and feeling like you haven't found anything concretely alignment indicative, vs not having enough material to sort through, etc?
ah, the "no evidence to suggest X" question. shirou is the only one there that's "swayed both ways", GL and ceph are "haven't seen anything concretely AI". redtea and imaginality are sort of that as well, but sort of in-between that and "not enough material". to be honest, i don't actually remember any redtea or imaginality posts, only vague impressions of their playstyles. i don't really know what that says about their alignments, if anything.

things fall apart
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1090 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by implosion »

It was Ame in this game I was thinking of. I think probably that game bears no real resemblance to this one other than there's some footnote in the back of my mind and tbh I'm not sure if I can logically justify why I feel reticent on Shirou specifically other than that I just don't feel like I have anything concrete to townread him on (I did think I had concrete things to townread Ame on in the linked game so really that game is probably 100% irrelevant)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1091 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1086, implosion wrote:nsg: how would you characterize your nullreads in terms of having seen things that sway you both ways on them, vs having read a lot of their posts and feeling like you haven't found anything concretely alignment indicative, vs not having enough material to sort through, etc?
I've been considering separating null reads and neutral reads in my own format for this exact reason. There's a difference between mixed signals and having nothing to work with. Speaking of which, I'm still not sure how I feel about NSG. I'm going to need a bit to absorb the new info.

Told you guys tonight was gonna be a spicy night.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1092 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:10 pm

Post by implosion »

I feel as though GL
has
to have said something really alignment indicative at some point by now based on the way in which he's interacted with the game but I really struggle to figure out what it'd be.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1093 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:11 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1083, implosion wrote:
In post 1077, morph the cat wrote:I'm here.

I'm absorbing atm.

Do you think any of this has anything to do with me scumreading you, or is it 100% unrelated?
I don't think so. Pretty sure I was bugged before you expressed that. I think it probably has more to do with having suspected and even voted you at times in the dedede game I just didn't have certainty and conviction, and I don't want to make that mistake again here.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1094 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:14 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1093, morph the cat wrote:I don't think so. Pretty sure I was bugged before you expressed that. I think it probably has more to do with having suspected and even voted you at times in the dedede game I just didn't have certainty and conviction, and I don't want to make that mistake again here.
In dedede you had very specific things you nailed me on, or at least one, if I remember. Like I mentioned there was a single post you shredded me over that I immediately regretted making.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1095 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by Cephrir »

i think i'll have to let that percolate tomorrow rather than try to process it while playing ff14.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1096 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1092, implosion wrote:I feel as though GL
has
to have said something really alignment indicative at some point by now based on the way in which he's interacted with the game but I really struggle to figure out what it'd be.
nah, my scum game in The Year of 2022 is so good that I cannot be safely townread for anything until the game is over

I am too sleepy to really play at the moment but I do get a lot of good vibes from all that there NSG content

tomorrow I'll probably think about our different takes on Ydrasse and figure out how much (if at all) I wanna rethink there or hash it out

in the meantime let's keep building this redtea wagon
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1097 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1094, implosion wrote:
In post 1093, morph the cat wrote:I don't think so. Pretty sure I was bugged before you expressed that. I think it probably has more to do with having suspected and even voted you at times in the dedede game I just didn't have certainty and conviction, and I don't want to make that mistake again here.
In dedede you had very specific things you nailed me on, or at least one, if I remember. Like I mentioned there was a single post you shredded me over that I immediately regretted making.
Right, and I didn't hang on to that read. And I wouldn't expect you to make that kind of misstep again, probably ever, but definitely not playing with us.

And, in that game I think we were well beyond 40 pages when that exchange occurred.

Your playstyle feels very similar here in some ways.

You're not going to convince me that this entirely an exercise of jumping at shadows. If I come to that conclusion it will on my own.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1098 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:27 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1097, morph the cat wrote:And I wouldn't expect you to make that kind of misstep again, probably ever, but definitely not playing with us.
The specific reason that that moment left such an impression on me is that I remember thinking that that post was good. And then it got shredded. It's not like there is a specific type of mistake inherent to that post that I categorized and now am Always Sure to Avoid as scum :s. If anything, the easiest misstep to categorize from that that I would avoid committing as scum is... scumreading you, probably. And well.

In ctrl+f'ing my name in your iso in that game I did find one other interesting piece which was this (of course, old meta, not reliable):
In post 1477, morph the cat wrote:I reread parts of the Swag mini normal which was the most recent game I've played with Implosion. He seems significantly different this game. Bigger posts here, and yet with somehow less assertiveness, humor, and interactiveness.
which I think very much was a bad habit of mine as scum back in the way-before. I guess I would need to look at the guardians of the fortress game I played recently to see the degree to which I have shaken it but I feel like this description very clearly separates my play here from my play in dedede, and so you saying my playstyle here feels similar in some ways makes me want to ask what those ways were because I feel my playstyle then and my playstyle now, at least the alignment-indicative parts of them, are miles apart. Or maybe I'm actually being humorless and unassertive this game, which is possible i suppose but ceph said I was charismatic and I'm still riding that high so you can't hurt me too much.
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1099 (ISO) » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:28 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 1097, morph the cat wrote:You're not going to convince me that this entirely an exercise of jumping at shadows. If I come to that conclusion it will on my own.
And as for this I still am going to make every attempt to do so, partially because I still need to continue sorting you as well and partially because of a very primal need to nag people who are scumreading me when I can.

Return to “Completed Open Games”