Newbie 2087 | Celebrating Betty White | End!

fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #150 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 1-3

Her family moved to Los Angeles when she was two, and Betty White attended Beverly Hills High School. Her first career choice was forest ranger, but at the time women didn't qualify for forest ranger jobs. Her interest in performing began with a graduation play she wrote and played the lead in.

ProgoWoshua
(1): Cat Scratch Fever
LicketyQuickety
(1): Ahri

Not Voting
(7): Andante, Somnus, MalcolmTucker, ProgoWoshua, Pale Ale Dog, LicketyQuickety, PizzaPleb

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate.

Deadline: January 24, Noon US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-01-24 09:00:00)

Mod Notes:

- :]
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
LicketyQuickety
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
LicketyQuickety
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #151 (ISO) » Sat Jan 15, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by LicketyQuickety »

In post 136, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Andante, I'm sitting at the edge of my seat waiting for you to explain your town lean from earlier.
There have been a number of things that Andante has just not explained that they said they would.
I was anything worse than you! Anything worse than you was I!

You was doided teh aposit_tisopa het dedoid saw em.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #152 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:22 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Hello all.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #153 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:46 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 131, ProgoWoshua wrote:The way I see it, both Ahri and LicketyQuickety are the stars of Day 1. I think Ahri is trying way too hard to get on everyone's good terms, while LQ is doing the exact opposite, defending his position against everyone he disagrees with. In short, they're both drawing attention to themselves.

Would scum really try to draw attention to themselves this early in the game? This is literally my first game on the site, so I don't quite know where the meta is right now. But without other information, I'm giving a townlean to both of them.
I'd largely agree with this take. Certainly feels unlikely both would be mafia if they're both drawing attention to the other, so will be one guaranteed townie in there. So far LQ's style especially strikes me a bit more as a forensic townie looking at things from a more analytical POV.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #154 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 10:34 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 152, MalcolmTucker wrote:Hello all.
Hello, Malcolm! Glad to see you finally showing up.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #155 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 11:01 am

Post by Somnus »

In post 152, MalcolmTucker wrote:Hello all.
Hey! Welcome! Thanks for squeezing us into your schedule!

VOTE: MalcolmTucker
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #156 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:32 pm

Post by Ahri »

sorry everyone, I'm back lol, I had a full day mock trial scrimmage yesterday so I wasn't able to get online, hope y'all forgive ;-;

I'll start doing brief isos just for fun
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #157 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 79, Andante wrote:uhh I don't think I made it clear in my first post, I townlean Progo for trying to get a wagon going. Feels like towny intentions. I like that!
This post and the initial post are just incredibly scummy imo, overall they just don't make sense and I was about to flip off of my LQ tunnel into Andante

In post 103, Andante wrote:I’m pretty sure Somnos town, LQ gets a scumlean, other townlean I said earlier still holds, will explain later, but had to just put these thoughts down before I forgot :)
In post 108, Andante wrote:I mean, which of Ahri’s posts thus far have been content? I don’t sr it, but there’s also nothing to tr yet?
Again, these two posts are incredibly bad in junction, when I'm told I have no content and yet both of my reads "Somnus town" and "LQ scum" are sheeped

In post 117, Andante wrote:
In post 116, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 113, Andante wrote:the back off thing is likely just a playstyle thing/how they are,
What's that based on? Do you have a reason for thinking it's just a playstyle thing rather than something else?
See this is why I SR you, trying to make something out of stuff that’s really not significant, like this entire “back off” thing, it’s not from scum with an agenda, why would Ahri tell a partner to back off? I saw that suggested, there is NO WAY a partner tells their buddy “back off” in this main thread… it feels like you saw something you can take advantage of, and are running with it, like, I’m not 100% certain it’s a playstyle thing, but this is a newbie game, I’m being a lot more open in terms of what I expect from people, looking at what’s being done.
The Townlean I have on green/blue cute avi (i forget name at this second) is cause of the towny intentions of moving the game forward. like “I’m voting X to get them talking” like yes!!! put pressure on people, start getting content. towny!! this “omg ahri said ‘back off’” is like… yeah no thanks I’m not running with it
However, starting from here, I think the interactions start to become genuine, it's not an Andante mafia team with LQ as a town, so the only vibe I can get where Andante is mafia is where Andante and LQ are two mafia, and I obviously don't feel like exploring that before exploring LQ as mafia
In post 132, Andante wrote:mmm see, I'm not giving Ahri a tr yet, to do that would be like "You talk a lot, I TR you" almost none of what Ahri has said has actually been game related. It's very easy for maf to start off, be super happy/friendly, then drift away once actual content starts happening, if Ahri had actual reads with what they've said, yes, I'd likely tr her, but not sure I truly believe people genuinely tr Ahri right now
I mean this post is fine as well, it can put Andante back to null or even above since I feel their interactions with LQ is only w/w or t/w and is never w/t, since I spammed the first few posts it's reasonable to tr me to try and deflect attention of themselves but they don't try to do that

I'd overall put Andante currently as a 7/10, I agree with their other two reads on LQ and somnus but don't really like the tr on progo, at least not currently
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #158 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 61, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 37, Ahri wrote:for some reason I get some good vibes from Cat Scratch Fever even though he's not here we're looking at a Lickety Malcolm team right now ngl
This username generates so much inherent charisma lol.

---

I'm getting good early townfeels from Quick and maybe Ahri.

There's been a little bit to chew on in the game already, but Somnus and Progo's posting have been exclusively off topic so far, which I don't like. I'd like to see wagons build on either of them. Wagon ho!

VOTE: Progo
I mean I disagree with the content of this post, from tr'ing both LQ and me to scumreading Somnus for offtopic when I started the offtopic chain with my questionare, but overall I generally feel that when a player trs two players that are fighting in early stages of the game, it generally isn't very scummy, in later stages it could be used to buy votes though. regardless, did you just ignore my slew of off topic posts, or...?
In post 83, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 76, Ahri wrote:
townfeel on Quick xD

also lay off Somnus buddy
Do you wanna talk about it?

Also telling me to "lay off" someone is weirdly strong tone for this stage of the game, especially on a post where I didn't even end up voting for Somnus.
Somnus isn't dying before me on Day 1 or Day 2 (assuming both of us lives through N1) and I cba for people to waste time reading someone who won't be voted

In post 84, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 81, ProgoWoshua wrote:UNVOTE: Cat Scratch Fever. I thought through it, and I really doubt that she's mafia.
What led you to this conclusion?
towny

In post 85, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 79, Andante wrote:uhh I don't think I made it clear in my first post, I townlean Progo for trying to get a wagon going. Feels like towny intentions. I like that!
I feel like it's pretty NAI to form wagons early game.
facts

In post 141, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Tonally, andante seems townie. I like that she's posting reads when she has them, which feels natural, but I also disagree with the content of some of her posts.
same

In post 146, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:If andante thinks early wagons are important to move the game forward, I'd expect her to be voting in particular.

Game feels sluggish, i suspect because there's little voting happening. I encourage everyone to vote!
SAME

This is a solid 9/10 at least

anyways CSF (if you don't want me to call you CSF lmk) I can vibe with you, I know you currently have a slight SR on somnus and a null on me but I'll invite you to our preliminary Golden Girls townbloc, I'm p sure you're town this game, lmk if you want to join
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #159 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by Ahri »

Golden Girls Townbloc January 13th Member List

Basic Membership

Ahri
Somnus

Pending Acceptance of Basic Membership

Cat Scratch Fever
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #160 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by Ahri »

Sorry change above to Jan 16th lol didn't see it
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #161 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:46 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 153, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 131, ProgoWoshua wrote:The way I see it, both Ahri and LicketyQuickety are the stars of Day 1. I think Ahri is trying way too hard to get on everyone's good terms, while LQ is doing the exact opposite, defending his position against everyone he disagrees with. In short, they're both drawing attention to themselves.

Would scum really try to draw attention to themselves this early in the game? This is literally my first game on the site, so I don't quite know where the meta is right now. But without other information, I'm giving a townlean to both of them.
I'd largely agree with this take. Certainly feels unlikely both would be mafia if they're both drawing attention to the other, so will be one guaranteed townie in there. So far LQ's style especially strikes me a bit more as a forensic townie looking at things from a more analytical POV.
forensic townie xD

if we vote LQ today and they flip scum this player is getting speed voted out of D2 no questions asked

I'll wait for more votes but I'd put this player at a 3/10 for now
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #162 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 40, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 33, Ahri wrote:I mean currently of those who have posted I have Progo > Lickety rn out of the people who have posted
The theme I see here from progo is that he's incredibly carefree early on, and I was going to extend an invitation to townbloc because of this, I doubt they would be this carefree as mafia. You'll see why I don't later
In post 69, ProgoWoshua wrote:For now, I'll vote for the people who haven't shown up yet.

VOTE: Andante
this vibes pretty well, another carefree vote

In post 71, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 70, Andante wrote:Hey yall! this seems like a fun crowd to play with, and I look forward to the game!! We're all sharing how experienced we are? umm I have like 8-9 years from EpicMafia (2012 till it died) then have been here since, wouldn't say I'm a pro at this, always learning!! And uhh you can call me Andante/Anda/anything close, I really don't mind,

Just gonna say sorry ahead of time, I'm usually strongest early game, and I'm gonna be V/LA till like Jan 18th/19th really busy with IRL stuff right now, probably going to try and show up tomorrow and give thoughts, but 16-18 probably can't say anything, we'll see what happens!

My early thoughts thus far? umm nothing is really standing out yet, but that's cause nothing game related is really happening. I like Progo trying to get a wagon on me going to get something to happen, however, I don't really recommend voting people for not showing up, like, if people just never show up, they get replaced, it's a lot better to have like 2-3 of yall vote someone who you know is around and will give you reactions. Now you'll probably go "It worked! Andante showed up!!!" yeah I'm here, but it's morning, and this'll likely be all you get from me today. Also, just keep in mind when yall are wagoning someone, have an idea of how many votes are on that person. As a general rule, Do not put someone at E-1 unless you are ok with limming them. So uhh please don't make people E-1 off the rule of "they haven't talked" thanks!

Alright got stuff I need to go deal with, might try and come back later today, if not, I'll be back roughly this time tomorrow
Fair enough. UNVOTE: Andante.

So... VOTE: Cat Scratch Ferver,
because I'm a dog person
because you voted for me!
the "fair enough" is hilarious haha as well as the following sentence, again just a carefree attitude as a theme

In post 81, ProgoWoshua wrote:UNVOTE: Cat Scratch Fever. I thought through it, and I really doubt that she's mafia.
I intially wanted an explanation as well for this, but their following reasoning is really nice

In post 86, ProgoWoshua wrote:
Before, you posted:
In post 66, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 13, Ahri wrote: (2) two games on this site, both town, as well as some fast-paced chat mafia and irl games
Rereading this, you actually have a completed scumgame on this site

?
Here, you're exposing an inconsistency in what Ahri said that may suggest she's hiding something. This doesn't look like attempted bussing, so I doubt you're both mafia. So there's only three possibilities:

(1) You're town and Ahri is mafia. She tried to hide her experience as mafia in the last game and you pointed that out.

(2) You're mafia and Ahri is town. She made a mistake and you exploited it to draw suspicion on her.

(3) You're both town. She made a mistake and you pointed that out.

I just think (3) is the most probable.
I think this logical thinking is really really good, the only caveat is that it doesn't really fit with their carefree attitude anymore and as the game progresses i'm curious which personality they choose to keep more
In post 91, ProgoWoshua wrote:I'm reading the Complete List of Abbreviations. I promise this won't happen again.
In post 96, ProgoWoshua wrote:It was just defense.
I think things start to go downhill from here. Apart from his "carefree" personality and his "logical" personality, here's a "defensive" color showing. "I promise this won't happen again" and "just defense" is incredibly scummy imo, and if it wasn't for their incredibly towny opening posts as well as previous attitudes, I would be inclined to just bw them instantly

I'm surprised it turned around that quickly, there might have been some in-between posts, but he's back to his logical attitude - i was hoping for more defensiveness lol, as time progresses, I think we'll be able to see which one of his attitudes show more, I kinda want to ask people in the game to push on progo and nitpick through his posts, so we can see his responses, whether he keeps his logical attitude and responds to town while criticizing mafia, or he stays defensive

Currently I'd put him one step above null, just because I like his logical and his carefree opening was really nice, so 6/10
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #163 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:17 pm

Post by Ahri »

Note: I've responded to most of LQ's early posts, so I'll leave those for now, I had them at a 3/10

In post 97, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 76, Ahri wrote:also lay off Somnus buddy
This is way too premature.

On the one hand, it could be completely harmless. On the other hand, it could be a buddy attempt with TMI.
On the one hand, LQ could be a town. On the other hand, LQ could be scum.

Like I genuinely don't get the point of saying it could be one thing or the other when those two things are the only two options, if you think it's TMI, just mention that it could be TMI, don't give a "it could be harmless" lol, mafia is all about nitpicking mistakes that people make and testing their reactions on it

In post 107, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 105, Andante wrote:nothing on Ahri yet, I don’t think there’s anything actually game related there yet, I read for town, and the final 2 not TRed are maf
Ahri is the story for D1 though. I'm kinda squinting at you saying you have no thoughts about Ahri at all.

I also can understand the SRs on me since I get limmed a lot on this site (not so much on MU, but that's besides the point). If you want, you can look at my overall statistics on my wiki page where I detail how I die. Notable, is that if I don't get limmed, I most often make end game. This is all based on stats. So when I say I have a Scummy meta, I have the data to back it up. And while I have a much better record as Scum on MS, I still usually get limmed as Scum, but have other ways I win as Scum.

Basically, I'm telling you this so you don't judge me prematurely. I expect people to make an informed decision on me and not just SRing me because I am easy to SR. You may have to poke around in a few of my other games to get a feel for my often bizarre playstyle.
yeah actually this post is really nice, I didn't initially see it but even though I have a majority of fluff, I have been the most active poster and I have a decent amount of rng reads that have been made, so pointing that out is really nice from LQ

In post 111, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 108, Andante wrote:I mean, which of Ahri’s posts thus far have been content? I don’t sr it, but there’s also nothing to tr yet?
From telling people to "back off" from Susing Somnus, to them not mentioning they have a completed Scum game, there's plenty of weird behavior from them so far. Things that are there to comment on.
In post 118, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 117, Andante wrote:
In post 116, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 113, Andante wrote:the back off thing is likely just a playstyle thing/how they are,
What's that based on? Do you have a reason for thinking it's just a playstyle thing rather than something else?
See this is why I SR you, trying to make something out of stuff that’s really not significant, like this entire “back off” thing, it’s not from scum with an agenda, why would Ahri tell a partner to back off? I saw that suggested, there is NO WAY a partner tells their buddy “back off” in this main thread… it feels like you saw something you can take advantage of, and are running with it, like, I’m not 100% certain it’s a playstyle thing, but this is a newbie game, I’m being a lot more open in terms of what I expect from people, looking at what’s being done.
The Townlean I have on green/blue cute avi (i forget name at this second) is cause of the towny intentions of moving the game forward. like “I’m voting X to get them talking” like yes!!! put pressure on people, start getting content. towny!! this “omg ahri said ‘back off’” is like… yeah no thanks I’m not running with it
When did I say Ahri was doing that based on Somnus being their partner? If it is AI, then it's most likely more based on it being TMI, which I already said. So you've misrepresented my view either intentionally (not likely) or unintentionally, which deserves an explanation on why you thought I was making a preflip read when I made no indication I was. So it seems that your reason(s) for SRing me are based on inaccurate information.

I'm just asking you why you think Ahri is just doing things based on it being their playstyle vs it being AI. You can say it's just playstyle, but then I ask you why you think it's just playstyle. I'm just asking you to defend your own view. That shouldn't be a problem if you are Town here.

And I'm not really talking about any of your other reads besides Ahri. Ahri is what I want to know about since Ahri has not only made the most amount of posts, but their behavior is also a little strange. It's due to their strange behavior that I think makes for a good talking point.

I say all this not necessarily SRing you because I can see the angle where you are simply mistaken.

Also, I find it curious why when Progo pushes on something it is Townie, but when I do it it is Scummy for some reason. Makes me wonder if you are holding different players to different standards or something.
The concerning thing is, the responses seem to all be directed on Andante when I check their ISO, I don't generally see them as a scumteam but still kinda sussy

also yeah andante value goes even more down from arguing that LQ said me/Somnus are partners given that I think Andante with their experience should know what buddy as a term means

In post 121, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 72, Pale Ale Dog wrote:Hello again - I saw that Cat Scratch Fever found Ahri didn't mention a scum game they played - but she also didn't accuse her of anything, just asked for a response? I get townie vibes for this, as I could see scum making a bigger thing of that possibly? I don't think it proves much at all regarding Ari herself, but it does show CSF's been investigating. The rest seem quite light hearted and maybe just getting eased into the game. I've seen this in previous games. Lickety coming over as serious and confident. And there you go, my first ever investigative post - Sherlock would be jealous /s
I'm TRing this player. Also TRing CSF because of investigating Ahri, which Scum don't really have a reason to do at this stage of the game.
I mean I generally agree with these reads which is concerning lol, CSF should be town this game, and PAD tr'ing them is some vibes as well, the fact that LQ is prepared to TR them both means he isn't really concerned about a small POE this early into the game, which is inherently towny but again I just don't like their vibes lol
In post 123, LicketyQuickety wrote:I'm also lightly TRing Somnus at this point since they feel pretty pure at this point.

In other words, my PoE at this point is:

Andante
Malcolm
Ahri
Pizza
I mean this POE is not bad, I dislike Malcolm's opener, my first reading of Andante was decent but after reading LQ's iso I can see the holes everywhere, I haven't really done anything all game except mostly fluff and what seem like RNG reads (which looks like TMI) and I haven't read pizza yet. Somnus is a locktown, CSF is someone who I've invited into my townbloc, and PAD tr'ed CSF with decent reasoning for it, though I can see a buddy attempt there. The only problem is LQ throwing Somnus back into the pool lol
In post 125, LicketyQuickety wrote:
In post 124, Andante wrote:That is too many TRs…
Why?
hot

Anyways after reading this ISO, I genuinely can't find a logical reason to sr LQ, other than the sussy vibes they give off, so I'll lay off for now. Regardless, I normally play on gut so I'll keep them at a null of 5/10

UNVOTE: LicketyQuickety
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #164 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by Ahri »

Updating my read on Andante, I have them as a 4/10, back to null, mainly because of LQ's ISO
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #165 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:26 pm

Post by Ahri »

Golden Girls

Ahri
Somnus

Chopping Block
MalcolmTucker 3/10 - currently only two posts with one as a fluff opener, curious in seeing where his personality goes
Andante 4/10 - initial good reading, their reads vibed with mine, but LQ's posts opened up all sorts of holes in them
LicketyQuickety 5/10 - I really, really, get a bad vibe from this player, they should logically be at a 8/10 with their reads, a good elim pool, and logical reasoning but again just sussy vibes
ProgoWoshua 6/10
Cat Scratch Fever 9/10 - pending acceptance to Golden Girls, they're town
Pale Ale Dog -/10 - I'll read them after dinner
PizzaPleb -/10 - I'll read them after dinner
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #166 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:26 pm

Post by Ahri »

yikes the coloring sry
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #167 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by Somnus »

Welcome back, Ahri. You may have a tough time reading PizzaPleb.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #168 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 167, Somnus wrote:Welcome back, Ahri. You may have a tough time reading PizzaPleb.
Hi :)

kk I'll read them now o.O
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #169 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 168, Ahri wrote:
In post 167, Somnus wrote:Welcome back, Ahri. You may have a tough time reading PizzaPleb.
Hi :)

kk I'll read them now o.O
or I won't lol oops
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #170 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:10 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 72, Pale Ale Dog wrote:Hello again - I saw that Cat Scratch Fever found Ahri didn't mention a scum game they played - but she also didn't accuse her of anything, just asked for a response? I get townie vibes for this, as I could see scum making a bigger thing of that possibly? I don't think it proves much at all regarding Ari herself, but it does show CSF's been investigating. The rest seem quite light hearted and maybe just getting eased into the game. I've seen this in previous games. Lickety coming over as serious and confident. And there you go, my first ever investigative post - Sherlock would be jealous /s
In post 133, Pale Ale Dog wrote:
In post 86, ProgoWoshua wrote:
Before, you posted:
In post 66, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 13, Ahri wrote: (2) two games on this site, both town, as well as some fast-paced chat mafia and irl games
Rereading this, you actually have a completed scumgame on this site

?
Here, you're exposing an inconsistency in what Ahri said that may suggest she's hiding something. This doesn't look like attempted bussing, so I doubt you're both mafia. So there's only three possibilities:

(1) You're town and Ahri is mafia. She tried to hide her experience as mafia in the last game and you pointed that out.

(2) You're mafia and Ahri is town. She made a mistake and you exploited it to draw suspicion on her.

(3) You're both town. She made a mistake and you pointed that out.

I just think (3) is the most probable.
The thing that gets my interest here is that you have copied my post 72 - you've put it better than me of course, but it's exactly the same info/opinion I stated quite a bit earlier. So that got me thinking that you didn't read my post, or you did and copied my opinion as an easy way to explain to Cat, or of course you thought it was a genius piece of deduction on my part, and thought "You know what, that Pale Dog knows his stuff!" - which is unlikely!
In post 143, Pale Ale Dog wrote:
In post 138, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I thought was a townie post. The content was good, but the particular entrance also struck me as more likely to come from town. Pale ale dog, do you have any thoughts on other people?
So what I've got right now is that Andante was having a go at LQ about amount of town reads? I'm pretty sure LQ was doing this to stir up things for discussion [still have a town read on him]. I'd say early on, it's probably not that surprising but I'm thinking some are still doing not so serious investigating? Anyway, Arhi, Somnus and Progo are the ones not really investigating I think, though I'd also like to here from Malcolm Tucker [though he's probably too busy at one of my [UK] government's piss ups right now to play this game!] :o
These are the relevants posts PAD made imo but honestly they're all just a bit boring to read imo, no offense ;-;

I don't know if it's because I'm jaded or whatever, but it seems null across the board, I agree with their TR on CSF, their TR on LQ is viable given they've made logical decision this game but again I have bad vibes from him

anyways 5/10 bc null
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #171 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:13 pm

Post by Ahri »

how do you feel so far about this game, I'm not going to read your posts for your alignment, but I've been reading and you don't seem to have too many strong reads, how do you feel about my analysis of player ISOs?
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #172 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by Ahri »

In post 144, Somnus wrote:Man, I figured I was going to be several pages behind once I finally got on here tonight. Since it’s been super slow, I’m going to reread the thread tonight, take notes, and look for anything relevant.
In post 147, Somnus wrote:Fair. I’ll be home to re-read the whole thread and take notes in about an hour. I’m out in the frigid cold on mobile right now but wanted to see how the game was going.
share some of those notes brother
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #173 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Somnus »

Yeah I'll post them now. They're from last night, so they're mostly up to date. When I hopped on here earlier, I was going to post them and was debating holding off until tomorrow since you had just posted your huge analysis and I didn't want to flood the topic with huge notes from two people right at the same time.

Also, I know there'll be one or two people who jump on the fact that you and I ended up with mostly the same reads, but these were typed up last night, before Malcolm even entered the game and before you re-emerged.
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #174 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 4:32 pm

Post by Somnus »

Player: Ahri
------------
-Quickly wanted to see who would join the townbloc (9)
-Invited Somnus into the townbloc (11)
-Polled the players to gain some insight on their experience/playing style (12)
-Quick vote on Andante based on his name (14)
-Votes for LicketyQuickety for refusing to name someone supspicious on page 1 (19)
-Clears Somnus of any chance of being Mafia despite little to go on (28)
-Suspects Lickety more than Progo. Keeps vote on Lickety (33)
-Good vibes from Cat Scratch before she's even posted? (37)
-Thinks mafia team is Lickety and Malcolm, even though Malcolm hasn't posted (37)
-Feud with Lickety continues (57)
-Defends Somnus immediately from Cat Scratch, even though Cat votes for Progo (76)

ANALYSIS: Chatty, but as pointed out by others, has offered very little actual content. Has made a slow-starting game more fun, but hasn't offered much of value so far. Is the overly-defensive stance towards me because of the townbloc thing? Is she a good townie looking out for someone new to the site? Is she planning on betraying me later, and I'm essentially her shield to keep a vote off of her for as long as I'm in the game? She also either forgot about or lied about having been scum in a previous game on the site, which was pointed out by Cat Scratch. This isn't particularly alarming to me, but it's not completely insignificant either.

Verdict: Leaning town but I need to see some actual game-related content from her in these next few days. Otherwise, I will have to re-evaluate this stance, as well as my position in the Super Official Golden Girls Townbloc. After a quick start, she has largely fallen off the map and hasn't been posting.

Player: LicketyQuickety
-----------------------
-Questions Ahri asking who everyone suspects on page 1 (15)
-Refuses to answer Ahri's survey (17)
-Their feud continues (20, 23)
-Answers the survey but refuses to suspect anyone (27)
-Again, feud continues (56)
-Backs off of Ahri (58)
-"This is way too premature" in regards to Ahri defending Somnus (97)
-Questions if I like Ahri based on her tone and not necessarily alignment (100)
-Further questions to Somnus on the above. Notes that Ahri's tone is good, content is bad (102)
-Asks Andante what her read on Ahri is (104)
-Feuds with Andante for not having a read on Ahri yet (107)
-Notes that Ahri has had weird behavior: "back off of Somnnus" and lying/misrembering having played a game as scum (111)
-Is Ahri's behavior playstyle or alignment oriented? (118)
-"The main thing I don't like from you is that you can't defend your view" (regarding Ahri) (120)
-Town reads on Pale Ale and Cat Scratch for investigating Ahri (121)
-Town reads Progo for unvoting Cat Scratch (122)
-Lightly Town reading Somnus for feeling pretty pure. (123)
-Process of Elimination leaves suspects as Andante, Malcolm, Ahri, Pizza. Malcolm and Pizza haven't posted (123)
-When Andante points out that that's too many town reads, considers removing Somnus from list of likely town (126)

ANALYSIS: Not afraid to mix it up and get confrontational with the other players early on. I think this speaks more to play-style than alignment. Not sure if this is hardcore tunneling of Ahri or if it's because Ahri had been the most active poster early on and drew a lot of attention on herself. We will see if he continues to focus on Ahri. Turns his attention on Andante, but the focus is still primarily on Andante's lack of read on Ahri. His town read on Cat Scratch is due to...yep, you guessed it...investigating Ahri. Light town read on me, but has 3 others ahead of me as pro-town. Suspects are Andante, Malcolm, Ahri as far as active players, and both of the inactive players.

Verdict: Slight town lean. I'm not sure. Early aggression can be read as pro-town. Nothing particularly alarming or questionable in here.

Player: ProgoWoshua
-------------------
-Receives a vote from Cat Scratch almost immediately. "Well, that's rude!" (68)
-3 minutes later, tosses a vote onto Andante for not having shown up yet (69)
-Unvotes Andante after their first post in which she warns of putting someone at E-1 early on. In the same post, proceeds to toss a vote onto Cat Scratch (71)
-Unvotes Cat Scratch because "I really doubt she's mafia" (81)
-Certain between Cat and Ahri that there's at least one townie (82)
-Comments on Cat Scratch exposing an inconsistency in Ahri hiding she has played as scum. Concludes both players are likely town and Ahri made a mistake (86)
-Seems overly apologetic for not knowing game-related abbreviations. "Apologies for the confusion", "I promise this won't happen again". I found this a little suspect. Nothing major, however (91)
-Confirms that the vote on Cat Scratch was just in defense/retaliation. This isn't a great sign (96)
-Thinks Ahri is trying way too hard to get on everyone's good terms, while Lickety is defending his position against everyone he disagrees with. Plays the naieve townie card. "Would scum really try to draw attention to themselves this early in the game? This is literally my first game on the site, so I don't quite know where the meta is right now. But without other information, I'm giving a townlean to both of them" (131)

ANALYSIS: Seems unsure of himself. Understandable, as it's his first game. Tosses a vote on Andante for not having shown up, but is way too easily talked out of it after one post. Tosses a defensive/retaliation vote on Cat Scratch. I'm not going to go too far with this one, but retaliation votes are more often from mafia players than town. Could just be inexperience. Inexperienced players are also likely to lash out with retaliation votes.

Verdict: Kind of suspicious. I'm getting a "I'm new but super town, guys!" vibe. It might actually be authentic. I'm not sure. Again, there's nothing particularly alarming here but the behavior is at least a little suspcious.

Player: Cat Scratch Fever
-------------------------
-Upon entering the game, asks for Somnus' read on Ahri (60)
-Points out that Somnus and Progo's posts have been off-topic. Votes for Progo to start an early wagon (61)
-Wants clarification on whether Somnus' town vibe from Ahri is based on alignment or personality (63)
-Discovers that Ahri has in fact played as scum once on the site before. This could potentially end up significant later on (66)
-Notes that Ahri coming to Somnus' defense so early is "weirdly strong tone for this stage of the game, especially on a post where I didn't even end up voting for Somnus" (83)
-Getting wagons going early in the game isn't indicative of alignment (85)
-Has Andante's opinion on Progo changed after Progo unvoted? (129)
-Points out that Andante keeps popping in but not answering questions (136)
-Belives Pale's first post reads as a townie (138)
-Andante seems town. Likes that she's posting reads, but disagrees with some of her content (141)
-Asks why Andante isn't voting. At this point, 4 active players, as well as 2 who haven't entered the game, have not voted (142)
-If andante thinks early wagons are important to move the game forward, I'd expect her to be voting in particular. Game feels sluggish, i suspect because there's little voting happening. I encourage everyone to vote! (146)

ANALYSIS: Wants to get the game going with votes very early. Again, I see that more as style of play and not alignment. Focuses early investigations on Ahri, as Ahri was the most active poster/focal point in the early parts of the game. She doesn't seem to trust Andante at first, but comes around to trusting her as Town. However, goes back to poking at Andante to put out a vote if Andante believes early wagons get the game going.

Verdict: Completely and utterly undecided. I don't have a lean here one way or the other yet.

Player: Pale Ale Dog
--------------------
-Kind of cringe first post. Nothing suspicious though (67)
-Townie vibes on Cat for investigating Ahri. Also thinks Ahri likely made a mistake (72)
-Goes after Progo for basically copying his post about Cat/Ahri. Nothing vicious or noteworthy, but worth mentioning (133)
-Quickly accepts Progo's response and thanks him for "being the 1st person to speak to me so far" (135)
-Believes Andante and Lickety were going after each other for town reads. Mentions that Ahri, Somnus, and Progo haven't done any investigations. Points out that we haven't heard from Malcolm yet (143)

ANALYSIS: Hasn't posted much yet. I think he and Progo are going to play/approach the game in a very similar manner. Has mostly stated information rather than analysis. Could be read as a mafia tell, but like Progo, I think it's more likely inexperience and he'd rather someone else take the charge and lead.

VERDICT: Completely and utterly undecided. I don't have a lean here one way or the other yet.

Player: Andante
---------------
-First post, points out that she's usually strongest in the early game but isn't going to be available much at all in the first week or so. Likes Progo starting an early wagon, even on herself. Does not recommend voting for people who haven't shown up. Believes it's better to go after the people who are currently playing. Preaches to people to have an idea of how many votes are on a person and to not put someone at E-1 unless you're ok with eliminating them. I found this post VERY alarming (70)
-Reiterates that she feels Progo is townie (79)
-Pretty sure that Somnus is town, Lickety leans scum. Will explain later (103)
-Nothing on Ahri, "the final 2 not TRed are maf". Which two? (105)
-Fairly confident Somnus is town from post 101 (109)
-Tries to explain Ahri's backoff comment regarding Somnus as a playstyle thing. "If 2 of my TRs are fighting I'll yell at them to focus elsewhere" (113)
-Series of posts going at it with Lickety. Scumreads him for making minor stuff significant. Likes people moving the game along with votes to put pressure on them and getting them to talk (117)
-Again, will answer a question later (119)
-Believes that Lickety has too many town reads already (124)
-Somnus is the one town read she understands right now (127)
-No town read on Ahri yet. Little of what Ahri has said has been game related.

ANALYSIS: I REALLY didn't like that first post. She came into the game, announcing that she wouldn't be very active in the early going (real life happens), and I didn't buy the whole "I like that Progo is starting a wagon on me to get the game going!". I also strongly disagree with the notion that we only vote for people who have shown up. It excuses people who haven't bothered with the game at all. What if we got super unlucky and the 2 players who haven't shown up are our 2 mafia? Or we get slightly unlucky and 1 of the 2 who haven't shown up is mafia? However, with that said, Andante ended up being more active early on than I was expecting. She didn't back down when pushed by Lickety and also says that he leans scum. There's a couple of things she said she'd get back to answer and either gave a vague answer or none at all.

VERDICT: Ehhh...she's pretty convinced that I'm town, which is nice, but I'm less confident in her alignment than she is of mine. I believe the only player who she is suspicious of so far is Lickety. I'd say slight Mafia lean, but nothing particularly alarming here.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”