Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2150 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Tet »

In post 2122, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:rodens ehhhhhh i think roden/grendel are same alignment n i waffle back n forth on both slots when i think abt it

what do u see that makes it firmly scum play tet
It's not firm I just think their responses to pressure have been awful. I've seen the defense of them being "town can respond that way too" and it's like . . . So?

Grendel's posting has been alright and I like the way they've engaged with reads. My only real issue with the slot is their predecessor, which isn't fair to them. But I can't shake that Meg was caught scum, so you can see my dilemma. I've decided I'll give them a day to make an impression removed from Meg.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2151 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:56 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2134, The Three Bears wrote:though i will say that i would not want to elim him even if he does claim he gets blocked tonight but thats a discussion for tomorrow not today.
Discussing this seems antitown
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2152 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:57 am

Post by Tet »

In post 2126, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 2109, The Three Bears wrote:Ircher confirms tonight, simples.
inb4 "I was blocked."
If Ircher is elimmed tomorrow as a result of scum interference it puts more tools in the town bucket than just elimming him here and he actually flips green.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: IT/ITS
Location: Everett-Wheeler Branch Q-5992-CLF3, Third Mouth of the Worm

Post Post #2153 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 7:58 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

also fwiw tictac is middle of pack in my scumreads andante way scummier 2 me

also i might force curse to readslist cuz i get feeling we are way out of touch w each other but thoughts fuckin wiggly so its hard to tell
199-member plural system. We kinda exploded. We'll sign if we switch, but it's a host-centric setup round here now.

It/its pronouns only.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2154 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Galron »

In post 2146, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2124, Galron wrote:
In post 2121, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 2116, Galron wrote:
In post 2113, Dunnstral wrote:Galron's vote hopping is nonsense, why were they voting for me?
Why not ask me?
I give you permission to speak
Thank you, Cap'n.
In post 1987, Galron wrote:
In post 1946, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 1944, Galron wrote:Andante got scummy all of a sudden
Vote Arcade, even if it's just to see what Adante does.

~Mama
Okay

VOTE: Dunnstral
This doesn't explain anything
Yeah, it does.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2155 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:00 am

Post by Tet »

In post 2133, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 2117, Tet wrote:If you were higher in my townreads I'd leave it be but I happen to think roden has fair scum equity.
So talk it out, instead of threatening to talk to me, trying talking to me.

Here I'll help.

What's flagging you to most on Roden?

-Poinky Bwear
It's not important. I'm not actively pushing roden right now. I just want a clearer picture of your Roden townread tomorrow since you're seeing something major that I don't.

But not right now.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2156 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:01 am

Post by Galron »

Bears is town
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2157 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Cephrir »

i don't really understand why we're voting andante so i'm going to ask for an explanation since i assumed the ircher wagon would generate one without my asking and it didn't

places i would be happy to vote rn: grendel, roden, val, tictac

im sure there are other places i could be sold on
Bartleby the Scrivener
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2158 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:04 am

Post by Tet »

Galron on the edge of falling into my townpool.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2159 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:04 am

Post by Cephrir »

also it's nice that i can mostly trust catboi since he replaced into a town slot.
Bartleby the Scrivener
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2160 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:06 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2150, Tet wrote:
In post 2122, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:rodens ehhhhhh i think roden/grendel are same alignment n i waffle back n forth on both slots when i think abt it

what do u see that makes it firmly scum play tet
It's not firm I just think their responses to pressure have been awful. I've seen the defense of them being "town can respond that way too" and it's like . . . So?

Grendel's posting has been alright and I like the way they've engaged with reads. My only real issue with the slot is their predecessor, which isn't fair to them. But I can't shake that Meg was caught scum, so you can see my dilemma. I've decided I'll give them a day to make an impression removed from Meg.
Meh, I think for Roden in particular he has a history of getting tilted at pressure as town. Ragequit the two anon dance games simply at the suggestion he was scum because he wasn't solving. He needs to, uh, not do that but ideally I'd rather just give him space and see what he does on his own rather than have him arguing endlessly with people about a read he gave in the very early game. But maybe I'm just a softy.

Of course, he can emulate that tilt as scum so it's by no means clearing but the aggrieved self-meta felt somewhat believable. The read on my slot/LLD being unaligned did feel like hot nonsense and does him no favors but like I said, don't think you're going to get anything more useful out of it.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2161 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:06 am

Post by The Three Bears »

In post 2155, Tet wrote:
In post 2117, Tet wrote:If you were higher in my townreads I'd leave it be but I happen to think roden has fair scum equity.

Here I'll help.

-Poinky Bwear
It's not important. I'm not actively pushing roden right now. I just want a clearer picture of your Roden townread tomorrow since you're seeing something major that I don't.

But not right now.
Well I'm wanting to interact with you now. So whats flagging you most about roden?

-Pinkie the Interrobear
a beary good hydra \o/
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2162 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:09 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2157, Cephrir wrote:i don't really understand why we're voting andante so i'm going to ask for an explanation since i assumed the ircher wagon would generate one without my asking and it didn't

places i would be happy to vote rn: grendel, roden, val, tictac

im sure there are other places i could be sold on
Openly not reading the game/doesn't care about solving, pushing easy votes, playing reactively in response to how people are reading her, doesn't seem town at all
Cephrir wrote:also it's nice that i can mostly trust catboi since he replaced into a town slot.
Tet
Tet
Goon
Tet
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2163 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:12 am

Post by Tet »

In post 2161, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 2155, Tet wrote:

Here I'll help.

-Poinky Bwear

But not right now.
Well I'm wanting to interact with you now. So whats flagging you most about roden?

-Pinkie the Interrobear
My only real impression of Roden is them on the defensive. Not to say town can't play more reserved roles, but that being my only impression of them it isn't a good one for me.

If he gets defensive and fumbles arguments as town (in a meta sense) does it make them surely town because they don't have the capacity to do the same as scum? That's the only way I'll accept roden is town on a meta level.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2164 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:13 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Okay, reads list it is.

Ircher - I still hate this slot. If it's confirmable, great, who cares what I think.
The Three Bears (Titus, Flea the Magician, Noraa) - Town. Blatant town. Moonlogic Titus, chaos Flea and Noraa actually looking like scum for once says this hydra is town.
Cephrir - I hate your play but I think you're town.
Save The Dragons - TOWN.
catboi - TOWN.

Mastina - Nothing to work with, formerly a townread.
Malakittens - Nothing to work with.
TheWayItEnds - Garbage ISO, nothing to work with.

Dunnstral - Willing to give Dunn coast time. Not reminding me of Popcorn or Mtn Dew.
Tet - Null. Unreadable. Could be anything at all.
Galron - I hate it, but I have to null it.
Grendel - Forced down by Roden's play. I still think this is a definite alignment.
Roden - Townreading this until recently. This player is trying to slip out of the spotlight and I don't like it.
NorwegianboyEE - I'd call this scum, except the numbers are weird. I'll save this one for later.
tictac - As with Norw, but more-so.

Lady Lambdadelta - LLD, where are you? Can you show up for me? Like I reread your ISO and I'm unimpressed. You have access control to our brain, so I think I was giving you more of a pass than you deserved.

Andante - Agreed with Shrike. Scum.
Val89 - SCUM.
Toogeloo - SCUMMMMMMMMM.
Bell - Bell is scum. Full stop. And I am biased towards townreading this dude, so think about that.
199-member plural system. We kinda exploded. We'll sign if we switch, but it's a host-centric setup round here now.

It/its pronouns only.
MUSHSHAGANA
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
MUSHSHAGANA
IT/ITS
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2165 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:15 am

Post by MUSHSHAGANA »

Damn. Looking that over feels terrible. Full disclosure: my reads are shit because I'm too busy thinking about the girl I'm dating to care much about the game. Don't read too hard into my reads, trust Shrike's judgement, this is its game.

It/its pronouns only.
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2166 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:29 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2156, Galron wrote:Bears is town
I'm not feeling it, but I am sitting on a townlean on you, so I am willing to listen.
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2167 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:32 am

In post 2163, Tet wrote:
In post 2161, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 2155, Tet wrote:

Here I'll help.

-Poinky Bwear

But not right now.

-Pinkie the Interrobear
My only real impression of Roden is them on the defensive. Not to say town can't play more reserved roles, but that being my only impression of them it isn't a good one for me.

If he gets defensive and fumbles arguments as town (in a meta sense) does it make them surely town because they don't have the capacity to do the same as scum? That's the only way I'll accept roden is town on a meta level.
Town can definitely play defensively, and reservedly.
If you want meta, go find it. What you've given me here is nothing strongly AI.

Where the reasons I have is that Roden has been actively engaged, looks to have been attempting to solve players and has been acting pretty transparently. The spat with StD was TvT as far as I can deduce.

-Pinkie
a beary good hydra \o/
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2168 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:33 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2166, Val89 wrote:
I'm not feeling it, but I am sitting on a townlean on you, so I am willing to listen.
How do you possibly square townreading galron more than bears?
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2169 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:34 am

In post 2166, Val89 wrote:
You've given no read on us at all that I can recall, even when I've been prodding and poking you for one.

So elaborate please :P

-Pinkie the devourer bear
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2170 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:35 am

In post 1373, Val89 wrote:
In post 1369, The Three Bears wrote:Val you had any luck interpreting any hydras yet?

-Kiepin
Something feels off with you bears, but I'm struggling to articulate what exactly it is, and I'm wondering if I simply struggling to get a handle on how to deal with a hyrda in general rather than evidence of scumminess on your part.

The fact that, for instance, I'm struggling to figure out which of the heads 'Kiepin' relates to, despite the earlier explanation, isn't helping matters.
This is all you've had, I've asked you for more and got nothing btw.

-Pinkie
a beary good hydra \o/
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2171 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:46 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 2165, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Damn. Looking that over feels terrible. Full disclosure: my reads are shit because I'm too busy thinking about the girl I'm dating to care much about the game. Don't read too hard into my reads, trust Shrike's judgement, this is its game.
Agreed, your reads are shyte.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2172 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:52 am

Post by catboi »

Little bit of research and looking back over his ISO and I kind of think Ircher is town now. (caveat being he doesn't roll scum all that often so don't have as much frame of reference as I'd like)
Val89
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Val89
He
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #2173 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:52 am

Post by Val89 »

In post 2170, The Three Bears wrote:This is all you've had, I've asked you for more and got nothing btw.
Correct. I've admitted this is a vibe read, and I'm not usually one to listen to my gut if there isn't anything I can point to to back it up. I realise that I am about to label myself as one of those ego players someone was talking about, but the fact that a good portion of what I saw from you in the mid portion of the game was on my two strongest reads - STD and Roden, and we have clearly taken opposite positions on those two slots - is probably what is feeding into that.

That's the exact reason I am asking Galron to outline why he called you town there. My mind could be changed if there is some sort of logical reasoning behind it.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #2174 (ISO) » Sun Jan 16, 2022 8:53 am

Post by catboi »

In post 2171, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 2165, MUSHSHAGANA wrote:Damn. Looking that over feels terrible. Full disclosure: my reads are shit because I'm too busy thinking about the girl I'm dating to care much about the game. Don't read too hard into my reads, trust Shrike's judgement, this is its game.
Agreed, your reads are shyte.
Hey do you mind telling me whether the flavor of Ircher's claim makes sense?

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”