Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1675 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:20 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1671, redtea wrote:guiltylion are you not totally caught up or are you ignoring me or are you ignoring me until you get everyone's hot takes on me
I'm caught up but I don't remember anything you said that I felt I needed to reply to? what are you waiting on a response from me on
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1676 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:24 am

Post by redtea »

In post 1642, Tejate Raichu wrote:Morph, if nothing else, I appreciate your gut's brazen honesty. And your terminology.

Speaking of which, I would like to make it clear here that I am not townbinning fua. It's more like what morph would describe as a day 1 pass. I see no reason to kill an unprompted cop claim
today
. That doesn't necessarily make them clear in my eyes, and there are things that have stuck out to me.
okay ​so Ive been teetering on Tejate. and dont get me wrong. In my outdated opinion, if imaginality goes today, there will be no love lost. it's fine. gucci. I mean someone could literally hammer any moment.
so maybe this is a d2 consideration. but why is Tejate still alive after this post
*Old account here
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1677 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Regarding the truth in jest line because I think it's important

You need to be self aware to make that joke in the first place and while I don't think self awareness is scummy in a vacuum, the context surrounding is concerning. (Fua thought/thinks self awareness is something primarily scum does.)
Imprefection is the spice of life.
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1678 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:25 am

Post by redtea »

I'm gum on guilty lions shoe
perhaps it's time to accept it
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1679 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:32 am

Post by redtea »

actually idk if scum Tejate is bold like that
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1680 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 9:33 am

Post by redtea »

I can't read NEVERMID
*Old account here
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1681 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:05 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1652, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 1649, numberQ wrote:Man I wish I had the ability to catch up as fast as Meg is right now. I just can't retain information at that level of speedreading
I dunno it's probably not indicative (town or scum can lazily skim through a game) but it doesn't give me a lot of confidence in their reads. In the 13 minutes between and they read 7 pages closely enough to update their opinions/reads on players? That's only just enough time to read the posts IMO, there's no way Meg sat down with any significant/notable arguments or posts and spent any more than 30 seconds thinking about any of them.

again, could be lazy-town, and I've certainly been lazy or skipped over certain parts/sections of the game at time, but it's not an inspiring catchup
Have you played with Megs before?
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1682 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:14 am

Post by numberQ »

Meg calling out fua's self-awareness thing is interesting. I've certainly made dumb jokes as town before that I thought were obvious, and then ended up getting me some heat. But fua is justifying their self-awareness by saying it was just a joke, while Shirou's self-awareness also seemed very much like a joke, so there's some kind of inconsistency/hypocrisy in fua's reasoning here.

For reference, this is Shirou's post that prompted the vote from fua in the first place. Is this any less of a joke that you pointing out your own AtE fua?
In post 172, Shirou wrote:
In post 167, fua wrote:I want to not sit on my ass and be useless this whole time.
haha...useless you say...

"useless" as kinda like as if someone...already had 30 posts in a 170 posts game with 13 players...but had barely talked about anything truly game-related...?

I see...hopefully no one is like that in this game yep...

Hey!
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1683 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:16 am

Post by fua »

In post 1682, numberQ wrote:Meg calling out fua's self-awareness thing is interesting. I've certainly made dumb jokes as town before that I thought were obvious, and then ended up getting me some heat. But fua is justifying their self-awareness by saying it was just a joke, while Shirou's self-awareness also seemed very much like a joke, so there's some kind of inconsistency/hypocrisy in fua's reasoning here.

For reference, this is Shirou's post that prompted the vote from fua in the first place. Is this any less of a joke that you pointing out your own AtE fua?
In post 172, Shirou wrote:
In post 167, fua wrote:I want to not sit on my ass and be useless this whole time.
haha...useless you say...

"useless" as kinda like as if someone...already had 30 posts in a 170 posts game with 13 players...but had barely talked about anything truly game-related...?

I see...hopefully no one is like that in this game yep...

:facepalm:
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1684 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:28 am

Post by fua »

I don't even know if I should dignify this with a response beyond that.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1685 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:31 am

Post by numberQ »

I mean it's a legitimate question. You voted Shirou because he made a self-aware comment/joke. Then later you make a self-aware comment and defend it as just a joke. Am I misinterpreting the series of events here?
Hey!
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1686 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:41 am

Post by fua »

In post 1685, numberQ wrote:I mean it's a legitimate question. You voted Shirou because he made a self-aware comment/joke.
No I didn't.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1687 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:45 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1681, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1649, numberQ wrote:Man I wish I had the ability to catch up as fast as Meg is right now. I just can't retain information at that level of speedreading
I dunno it's probably not indicative (town or scum can lazily skim through a game) but it doesn't give me a lot of confidence in their reads. In the 13 minutes between and they read 7 pages closely enough to update their opinions/reads on players? That's only just enough time to read the posts IMO, there's no way Meg sat down with any significant/notable arguments or posts and spent any more than 30 seconds thinking about any of them.

again, could be lazy-town, and I've certainly been lazy or skipped over certain parts/sections of the game at time, but it's not an inspiring catchup
I have not - what should I know?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1688 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:49 am

Post by numberQ »

fua wrote:
In post 1685, numberQ wrote:I mean it's a legitimate question. You voted Shirou because he made a self-aware comment/joke.
No I didn't.
So 173, the only content being a vote for Shirou and you saying he's too self-aware, is NOT you voting him because he's self-aware?
Hey!
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1689 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:51 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I don't like numberQ jumping onto Meg's observation. I don't think the hypocrisy is nearly as important/notable as either of them are framing it to be, especially given fua's Shirou vote was early game, and I also don't think hypocrisy is a scumtell at all. If fua was still championing to lim Shirou on the "self-aware" grounds
maybe
they'd have a point, but it's a bizarre thing to harp on 60+ pages later, particularly from numberQ.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1690 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:54 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 167, fua wrote:
In post 165, Shirou wrote:
In post 162, fua wrote:
In post 157, Shirou wrote:It's easy to feel like helping out when you relate to someone/something huh...
Strange add-on, but I also feel pocketed so I think it’s fine.
It's just that I didn't want it to seem like I'm trying to be
extra
nice just to pocket you or to appear a "goody townie shoes"

initially I thought about only saying "read post 0/page 1~3" where we talk about the hydras, but since I was also pretty lost about the hydras at the start I felt like going the extra mile in the reply

and yes, I'm self conscious of what I post as town as well. It's kinda a pain in the ass if people begin suspecting me for silly stuff like that.
No biggie. I just thought it seemed strange to outright say ‘hey, look at me, I relate to and empathize with you’. It felt a little stilted to me, but I’m just trying to find things to look at since I want to not sit on my ass and be useless this whole time.
y'all are also both pretending like this post just doesn't exist at all apparently
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1691 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:56 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1687, GuiltyLion wrote:

Weeeeeeeeeeeelll, we've got good news and bad news.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1692 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:57 am

Post by numberQ »

GuiltyLion wrote:I don't like numberQ jumping onto Meg's observation. I don't think the hypocrisy is nearly as important/notable as either of them are framing it to be, especially given fua's Shirou vote was early game, and I also don't think hypocrisy is a scumtell at all. If fua was still championing to lim Shirou on the "self-aware" grounds
maybe
they'd have a point, but it's a bizarre thing to harp on 60+ pages later, particularly from numberQ.
I don't think I said the hypocrisy was scummy? I'm poking at something interesting that I hadn't noticed before Meg's observation.
Hey!
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1693 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 11:58 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

Less hypocrisy and more psychological

how do you determine what is scummy? This primarily comes from 2 sources: what you have seen others do as scum and want you do as scum. Then subtracting the intersection with what you have observed peopl/yourself doing as town.

Thus my conclusion is that fua either doesn't realize they are self aware as town (which is kind of contradictory) or fua is self aware only as scum
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1694 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by fua »

In post 1688, numberQ wrote:
fua wrote:
No I didn't.
So 173, the only content being a vote for Shirou and you saying he's too self-aware, is NOT you voting him because he's self-aware?
I explained why my vote was staying on him at that point and you conveniently left it out to support your argument. If you’re going to do an ISO at least have it be useful.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1695 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by fua »

In post 1693, MegAzumarill wrote:Less hypocrisy and more psychological

how do you determine what is scummy? This primarily comes from 2 sources: what you have seen others do as scum and want you do as scum. Then subtracting the intersection with what you have observed peopl/yourself doing as town.

Thus my conclusion is that fua either doesn't realize they are self aware as town (which is kind of contradictory) or fua is self aware only as scum
Your conclusion is bad.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1696 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:11 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Wrong or poor logic?
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1697 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 1689, GuiltyLion wrote:I don't like numberQ jumping onto Meg's observation. I don't think the hypocrisy is nearly as important/notable as either of them are framing it to be, especially given fua's Shirou vote was early game, and I also don't think hypocrisy is a scumtell at all. If fua was still championing to lim Shirou on the "self-aware" grounds
maybe
welp you beat me to this post lol.

Megs - Your explanation doesn't really help the bit at all. I poked at fua's vote there and they explained why they disliked the self-awareness. And throwing in an AtE post in the middle of already being snarky (I actually didn't even read that bit as AtE even lol) isn't even hypocrisy. I have seen town go after someone for self-awareness and then turn around and be self-aware and call out their own self-awareness though.

Trying to dress up hypocrisy as psychological doesn't make your argument any less weak. People call out self-awareness while being self-aware all the time, same for a lot of the generic scum tells. I don't think you're reading context but looked for something that was aha! and yeah numbers jumping onto that too is really weird.

Did you ever discuss why we should eliminate Ydrasse today or comment on the current wagons in any meaningful way?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1698 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1687, GuiltyLion wrote:

I wondered if your concerns about the speed was meta based, because from what I've seen spectating games, I dunno. Megs usually has several ongoing games at once and speed-catchups aren't unheard of. They have a trolly playstyle. This opening didn't look all that trolly to me.

I've spectated at least one Megs newbie game. The one I'm thinking of, Megs was scum. Definitely trolly play in that one. They got the un-counterclaimed cop elimmed on Day 2.
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1699 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 1694, fua wrote:
In post 1688, numberQ wrote:
fua wrote:
No I didn't.
I explained why my vote was staying on him at that point and you conveniently left it out to support your argument. If you’re going to do an ISO at least have it be useful.
Nowhere did I say or imply I did an ISO, the posts I referenced came from Meg's own quoting. But like... okay? Not sure what this has to do with what I'm saying. Literally all I'm asking is why you used Shirou's self-aware joke as a reason to vote him (even if you later explain it in more detail), and then later used your own self-aware joke as a defense. I completely fail to see how this is in any way "weird". I didn't say it was scummy, I'm not grilling you or anything, it's not this huge thing I'm trying to nail you with. It is literally JUST an observation I thought was interesting and wanted to follow up on to see if anything else interesting would come out of it. Like jesus people, idk what's up with this game and having words/intent put in my mouth
Hey!

Return to “Completed Open Games”