MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #1700 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Limming cops is my specialty

I think I used this arguement in that game as well, it's not my only reason to scumread fua but I'll change topics for now

Why do we not want to send ydrasse into the volcano
Imprefection is the spice of life.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1701 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by fua »

In post 1699, numberQ wrote:
In post 1694, fua wrote:
In post 1688, numberQ wrote:
fua wrote:
In post 1685, numberQ wrote:I mean it's a legitimate question. You voted Shirou because he made a self-aware comment/joke.
No I didn't.
So 173, the only content being a vote for Shirou and you saying he's too self-aware, is NOT you voting him because he's self-aware?
I explained why my vote was staying on him at that point and you conveniently left it out to support your argument. If you’re going to do an ISO at least have it be useful.
Nowhere did I say or imply I did an ISO, the posts I referenced came from Meg's own quoting. But like... okay? Not sure what this has to do with what I'm saying. Literally all I'm asking is why you used Shirou's self-aware joke as a reason to vote him (even if you later explain it in more detail), and then later used your own self-aware joke as a defense. I completely fail to see how this is in any way "weird". I didn't say it was scummy, I'm not grilling you or anything, it's not this huge thing I'm trying to nail you with. It is literally JUST an observation I thought was interesting and wanted to follow up on to see if anything else interesting would come out of it. Like jesus people, idk what's up with this game and having words/intent put in my mouth
fua wrote:
In post 1685, numberQ wrote:I mean it's a legitimate question. You voted Shirou because he made a self-aware comment/joke.
No I didn't.
So 173, the only content being a vote for Shirou and you saying he's too self-aware, is NOT you voting him because he's self-aware?
You were trying to put words in my mouth. I assumed you had done an ISO, so I'll take the L on that one.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1702 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1700, MegAzumarill wrote:Limming cops is my specialty

I think I used this arguement in that game as well, it's not my only reason to scumread fua but I'll change topics for now

Why do we not want to send ydrasse into the volcano
Elaborate on why you think she's scum?
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1703 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

I really just want to hear more from/about the slot.

It's really been just coasting up to here which is :/
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1704 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by numberQ »

In post 1701, fua wrote:[snip]
fua wrote:
No I didn't.
You were trying to put words in my mouth. I assumed you had done an ISO, so I'll take the L on that one.
Okay. I guess I should have looked at more of the surrounding context. But whether or not you had more to the vote than just that, bringing it up at all IS incongruous with your later comments on self-awareness. I don't see how that's not obvious, and I don't see how it's weird to question it.
Hey!
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1705 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by numberQ »

^ Emphasis on QUESTION. Not "scumread". I'm clarifying because apparently if you don't, people in this game think any amount of questioning is a direct accusation. This isn't even the first time it's happened, so idk, maybe I'm the problem lol
Hey!
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1706 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by fua »

I like your avatar. What is it?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1707 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1703, MegAzumarill wrote:I really just want to hear more from/about the slot.

It's really been just coasting up to here which is :/
We had a spikey interaction with Ydrasse about 48 hours into the game IIRC. And came away from it with less of a scumread, but not nearly the townread we had before her Numbers vote. Started here: viewtopic.php?p=13206127#p13206127
Ydrasse
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
Ydrasse
She
*twirls hair*
*twirls hair*
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1708 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by Ydrasse »

when i'm not sick i'll have more willpower to post

there's not a lot you can get out of me atm
☠︎︎
one flesh, one end.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1709 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:11 pm

Post by Amazonian Legends »

morph, not sure if relevant, but if you're looking for Meg games, there's Role-A-Pair Red.

--PA
imaginality
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
imaginality
he/they
Restricted Townie
Restricted Townie
Pronoun: he/they

Post Post #1710 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:23 pm

Post by imaginality »

I played with Meg (before Meg replaced out) in To Tell the Truth. We were both scum.
"holy shit this entire time i thought imaginalitys profile was a purple seahorse" - camelCasedSnivy
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1711 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by morph the cat »

In post 1709, Amazonian Legends wrote:morph, not sure if relevant, but if you're looking for Meg games, there's Role-A-Pair Red.

--PA
Do you think that game compares with this one?

I kinda don't.

but playing with a bunch of hidden alts (or not so hidden ~eyebrow raise~ at neuterhalf) is maaaybe not all that great for experiential meta. Or maybe I've already shoved that one down the memory hole.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1712 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 2:44 pm

Post by morph the cat »

What are you talking about NOBODY* knew it was me.

(*Bell thought I was you supposedly)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1713 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 6:06 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 1.11
imaginality (6):
fua, Ydrasse, implosion, Shirou, GuiltyLion, Cephrir
redtea (3):
Amazonian Legends, morph the cat, imaginality
Cephrir (1):
numberQ
Ydrasse (1):
MegAzumarill

Not Voting (2):
redtea, Tejate Raichu

With 13 alive, it's 7 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is January 22 at 2:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-01-22 15:00:00)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1714 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:02 pm

Post by Shirou »

I don't like the fact redtea is ignoring me asking they for a vote on imaginality.
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #1715 (ISO) » Tue Jan 18, 2022 10:19 pm

Post by implosion »

I agree the meg point on fua isn't
good
but also I don't think "hypocrisy is scummy" is all that uncommon of a take. It was mostly interesting to me just from the angle of fua being the person that Meg chose to go after. I can see side-eyeing nQ for it but I think looks, like, fine. What I'd expect town with this take to say. I don't think it really makes sense as nQ-scum angling to shade fua really because I don't think scum in the current atmosphere would have much motivation to actively shade fua and even if that's what he's doing 1699 is a pretty awful job at shading someone given that he explicitly said he's not shading.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1716 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:29 am

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 1711, morph the cat wrote:
In post 1709, Amazonian Legends wrote:morph, not sure if relevant, but if you're looking for Meg games, there's Role-A-Pair Red.

--PA

I kinda don't.

but playing with a bunch of hidden alts (or not so hidden ~eyebrow raise~ at neuterhalf) is maaaybe not all that great for experiential meta. Or maybe I've already shoved that one down the memory hole.
I agree; I wouldn't make the assumption that one game is a sufficient data point, but from my hazy memory their entry there was pretty different from here. Sometimes players have different perspectives than mods versus even reading the game as a spectator or after the fact, so I figured I'd mention it. Especially since it was a data point for a replacement instead of being there from the start.

--PA
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1717 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:19 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

what are we doing here guys, the game is stagnating. are we waiting on anything?

my vote is on the largest wagon and feels like it's a good vote

I don't know why imaginality isn't trying harder to leave reads to follow in the event that he dies, why he's not trying harder to pressure who he thinks would be scum mislimming him

and if anyone is NOT ok with this wagon, do something more to push elsewhere? if everyone's ok with it, we should just flip it. feels like regardless of imaginality's alignment, any scum off the wagon are stalling and not doing anything here

implo's 1715 is fair I guess? I do agree gamestate wise there's not a ton of motivation for a scum!nQ to shade fua, but I have a hard time understanding how anyone genuinely believes the point against fua is actually indicative or good, so propagating it is inherently suspicious to me, even if it ultimately doesn't lead to anything or amount to much.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1718 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1699, numberQ wrote:Nowhere did I say or imply I did an ISO, the posts I referenced came from Meg's own quoting. But like... okay? Not sure what this has to do with what I'm saying. Literally all I'm asking is why you used Shirou's self-aware joke as a reason to vote him (even if you later explain it in more detail), and then later used your own self-aware joke as a defense. I completely fail to see how this is in any way "weird". I didn't say it was scummy, I'm not grilling you or anything, it's not this huge thing I'm trying to nail you with. It is literally JUST an observation I thought was interesting and wanted to follow up on to see if anything else interesting would come out of it. Like jesus people, idk what's up with this game and having words/intent put in my mouth
I think my issue with this is that like, you just basically took Meg's word for it instead of going back and checking for any context yourself, it kinda vibes to me like a lazy +1 on somebody else's push rather than something that is likely to help you personally sort fua. posting "observations" is an easy way for scum to put little floaty trial feelers out for who they can plausibly push or get a temperature check on the town, without putting themselves out there too far. if you're town here it'd help me if you made your intentions with this kinda stuff more clear, and if your intention is just "following up on an interesting observation" you should expect some pushback if others think the observation NAI, lazy, ill-thought out, etc
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1719 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 5:35 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 1699, numberQ wrote:Nowhere did I say or imply I did an ISO, the posts I referenced came from Meg's own quoting.
also this isn't really true, you went back and found the Shirou post immediately preceding fua's vote and claimed that the post was the reason for fua's vote

while it's true fua voted after that post, there were a few posts preceding where they had a conversation and fua pointed out other oddities in Shirou's previous posts

so clearly you did go back to reference additional posts, but either you looked at the rest of the context and completely ignored it or you didn't look at any of the other context, and both are kinda ??? to me
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1720 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 8:42 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

In post 1716, Amazonian Legends wrote:
In post 1711, morph the cat wrote:

--PA

I kinda don't.

I agree; I wouldn't make the assumption that one game is a sufficient data point, but from my hazy memory their entry there was pretty different from here. Sometimes players have different perspectives than mods versus even reading the game as a spectator or after the fact, so I figured I'd mention it. Especially since it was a data point for a replacement instead of being there from the start.

--PA
I do have a decent number of completed games if you actually want to look at them.

I may or may not link them when I am no longer posting from mobile
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #1721 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:01 am

Post by redtea »

In post 1714, Shirou wrote:I don't like the fact redtea is ignoring me asking they for a vote on imaginality.
sorry I missed this
I won't let today be nolim but I don't want d1 over yet
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1722 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:01 am

Post by redtea »

In post 1714, Shirou wrote:I don't like the fact redtea is ignoring me asking they for a vote on imaginality.
sorry I missed this
I won't let today be nolim but I don't want d1 over yet
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1723 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:02 am

Post by redtea »

wakcy internet today
*Old account here
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #1724 (ISO) » Wed Jan 19, 2022 10:21 am

Post by morph the cat »

It would be extremely easy in this environment to justify a hammer here, so that tells me one of these, in order of likely hood, is true...:

A: The wagon is on scum and the buddies are hoping for a reprieve out of apathy.
B: Wagon is on town. Scum are already all on the wagon and afraid to actively cheerlead for day's end
C: Wagon is on town. Scum are partially on the wagon and the holdouts have actively town read the wagonee and therefore cannot justify hopping on or cheerleading.

Return to “Completed Open Games”