Open 843 - Divide & Conquer - Game Over!

mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:38 pm

Post by mc esther »

in both cases, it kinda feels like prism chooses to take "unverifiable comments based on a person's unique knowledge of themself" as "i think youre being dishonest because i cant verify this". the fun part, ofc, is that we can prove my perspective correct, itll just take a little, heh, push.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by mc esther »

tbh i kinda wanted to townread dwlee for refusing to accept the townread lmao, but prism's observation that they view themselves as the likely six-hood elimination really does sink that. i'd be okay with going "okay, my bad, it's between std and dwlee", but imo prism looks worse than he did before he started posting today. that said, some of the stuff i dont like about his reasoning is stuff that norwee also got wrong, i can believe that maybe it's just hard to recognize where im talking from my "i am town" perspective and even harder to internalize it for the sake of argument.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by mc esther »

this is, to a large extent, my fault, and ofc i have the reverse problem -- it's kinda hard for me to ignore what i know and talk exclusively in generalizable and verifiable terms.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 775, innocentvillager wrote:I can add some value on who is scum in the big hood but i doubt i will be able to get it right with more than 20-30% accuracy when there's 5 people here.
imma be hypocritical here, but cmon lol this seems weirdly pessimistic. dont you trust your ability to scumhunt a little more than this?
In post 781, innocentvillager wrote:{prism} - Prism's confident bloodthirst for Todoroki yesterday was weird and putting him back at E1 was bad too. Yes it wasn't actually E1 but he thought it was functionally. im not gonna pretend to know prism meta inside and out but meta-wise everything else the slot has done seems tonally townie though. im not as confident here as puppy and it feels more likely he was just tunneled on todo.
i'll admit, it does make me anxious that the only other player willing to consider maf!prism is maf.
In post 776, innocentvillager wrote:What kind of town says that and then proceeds to suddenly up the activity across like 5 pages?
only the best~

fr though, i said i didnt have much on you -- and i dont see anything in my posting which contradicts this! yes, i upped my content dramatically, by posting about the six-group. your scumgame is very good (or at least, it is right now), i dont think i wouldve caught you were it not for the poe mechanics.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:24 pm

Post by mc esther »

also, i guess if i insist on adopting such a, uh, stream-of-consciousness posting style (i dont mean to! it just happens sometimes!), then i should stop assuming that anything ive said is clearly parseable. ofc people are going to miss things when i have ~fifteen fragments scattered across a page.
~
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by Prism »

I am out for the night but I would revisit my criticism of the reasoning the clearing.

It was absolutely discrediting it, but I did not find it scummy nor frame it as it. Complicated, and extremely disagreeable, reasoning can be very town.

I was skeptical of the strategic framing, but think it irrelevant with the knowledge you are not Morning Tweet.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Also, counting on people to share your view of the all-town wagon as clearing multiple players on the flip, and moving to avoid those clears pre-emptively, is propogating a questionable belief (HAS to be all town wagon) down several layers while appending even more to it.

Very short restatement, no time to be thorough sorry, can revisit if needed.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:29 pm

Post by Prism »

Also, counting on people to share your view of the all-town wagon as clearing multiple players on the flip, and moving to avoid those clears pre-emptively, is propogating a questionable belief (HAS to be all town wagon) down several layers while appending even more to it.

Very short restatement, no time to be thorough sorry, can revisit if we want.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by Prism »

thank u phone

well there wants and there are needs
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by mc esther »

In post 831, Prism wrote:propogating a questionable belief (HAS to be all town wagon)
i might be misreading you, but im literally assuming the opposite? ive repeatedly stated that i dont believe the wagon is all-town, that is why six-group maf have to be on the wagon if i am town.
~
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:43 pm

Post by Prism »

Might help to know myself and Dragons both think it is possible for the wagon to have been all town.

Only one of us max is scum.

P-Edit: Yes, has to be scum driven, my mistake.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by mc esther »

"scum-driven" is only relevant to my case on you, not to my poe on dunn/puppy (and, formerly, dwlee).
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by mc esther »

tbh if std is saying that, i feel pretty comfortable maintaining that std is much scummier than dwlee.
~
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 804, Prism wrote:You have a habit of using two hyphens instead of one.

The other player who does this, and has failed to change it across alts previously, is Morning Tweet.
In post 805, mc esther wrote:i literally /inned for morning tweet's game in theme queue
prism is town for completely botching esther's identity, lmao
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:48 pm

In post 796, Dwlee99 wrote:I feel decent about IV town
y
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Prism »

Slightly stronger statement on my end but he went through it being ~primarily~ town driven and FMPOV my point suffices for me alone, if I don't believe that as town no one else
has to
even though they might, extension was for your sake

All of this was in response to 824 and understanding what my critique was. If you understand it now+it's not relevant to your current PoE then okay.

Anything else can come later.
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Prism »

In post 838, innocentvillager wrote:

The other player who does this, and has failed to change it across alts previously, is Morning Tweet.
In post 805, mc esther wrote:i literally /inned for morning tweet's game in theme queue
How is this even remotely indicative?
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Prism »

aight YEET PHONE OUT WINDOW

PLAY PING PONG
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:56 pm

In post 828, mc esther wrote:imma be hypocritical here, but cmon lol this seems weirdly pessimistic. dont you trust your ability to scumhunt a little more than this?
fmpov my reads change people's scum equity a bit but ive too recently had even confident reads go completely haywire. i think anyone who thinks they can consistently nail 1 scum in 5 with a higher accuracy than like 50% are deluded. and thats like even for the best best players imo. I bet I would personally seriously struggle to reach an accuracy rate of even 33%.

the point is i was feeling that neither of us were going to be here tomorrow so our stated opinion on the last scum isn't going to matter much. people don't listen to dead townies anyway even if i did get the point of confidence. like atp my strongest reads here is i don't think it is fire or prism but im never going to be more than like 90-95% sure
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 2:58 pm

In post 841, Prism wrote:
In post 838, innocentvillager wrote:

How is this even remotely indicative?
because i bet you would've talked about her identity in the scum PT. you would've addressed her as Morning Tweet and you would've had this conversation a long time ago. i believe that you just found out now that esther is not Morning Tweet which makes the pairing between you two very unlikely.
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:00 pm

In post 828, mc esther wrote:your scumgame is very good (or at least, it is right now)
god ur such a scumfuck lmao F out of here with that shit
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:01 pm

where is dunnstral?? i want to see what he has to say about me being the scum here.
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by mc esther »

huh, yeah, i cant be scum with prism, that's nice to hear. we need more of these, so far my biggest frustrating has been that while my townflip is associatively relevant, my scumflip isnt, which makes three-group elimination a lot less appealing to the people who think im maf.
~
mc esther
mc esther
Goon
mc esther
Goon
Goon

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by mc esther »

inno, pretending youre town for a sec, when did you start actually believing that the team is me/dunn (as opposed to, merely pushing it for reactions)?
~
Prism
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Prism
Any
Dispersion of Insight
Dispersion of Insight

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Sat Jan 22, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by Prism »

840 from me isn't actually logically valid because your point was predicated on scum beliefs about town beliefs not just town beliefs

Time to buy more Elmer's but very pedantic

Return to “Completed Open Games”