Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 501, innocentvillager wrote:Why do you think these responses are towny? The Datisi one I can maybe maybe see, but definitely not the VP Baltar one.
Counterpoint, mine was the towniest answer.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: He

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by innocentvillager »

In post 503, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 501, innocentvillager wrote:Why do you think these responses are towny? The Datisi one I can maybe maybe see, but definitely not the VP Baltar one.
Why?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 502, innocentvillager wrote:
In post 487, VP Baltar wrote:Datisi - You know what's fucked? The only other time I can remember Datisi easy town reading me early was in 2175 when he was scum. I know this because he talks about this game a lot and I actually just looked it up. Other than that, has seemed townish. Would not yeet D1.
I was scum with Datisi in this game, and you were not in it. Unless you're alt of someone.
sorry *2195

typo.
YOUR AD HERE

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by House »

In post 501, innocentvillager wrote:Or maybe I'll siteflake again, who knows honestly.
I'd rather you didn't. Please let me know if something I'm doing contributes to that consideration.
The apology that resulted in my indefinite ban:

https://tinyimg.io/i/ZX5Yjhw.png
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:53 pm

Post by skitter30 »

In post 497, House wrote:
In post 494, VP Baltar wrote:UNVOTE:
VOTE: a50
I can support this. I dislike his lack of engagement.

Unlike skitter, I don't consider it town indicative. Especially from A50.

VOTE: Almost50
was a response to this, and was talking about a50

the snippet of was about frog

so i'm not really sure where your'e going with this or why you're acting like you 'got me'
(and tbh i'm not really sure why you're being so hostile either)

~

i also didn't realize that this was addressed to me
In post 488, House wrote:Explain this away. Go on. Do it. I'll wait.

Also, being "disconnected from the game" is NOT something I'd associated with town.
i don't believe his case on you si that 'there's no case' - where did that happen

also in some instances i think disconnected from the game can be +town, and i think this is one of them
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by skitter30 »

VOTE: a50
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by House »

In post 507, skitter30 wrote:i don't believe his case on you si that 'there's no case' - where did that happen
You know, Mafia is a game of deductive reasoning. I suggest you develop that skill.

Voting someone and claiming they're a deep wolf is the same thing as saying they look like town but have to be scum that will be hard to eliminate... BECAUSE THERE IS NO CASE AGAINST THEM.

Which is a bullshit case on d1. That's d3+ hunting.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 2:59 pm

In post 506, House wrote:
In post 501, innocentvillager wrote:Or maybe I'll siteflake again, who knows honestly.
I'd rather you didn't. Please let me know if something I'm doing contributes to that consideration.
Thank you, and no, nothing you did! Sorry if I made it seem like it was anything you said, I meant that comment more generally towards people who are scumreading me. I talked a bit about this in previous posts but it's simply my engagement with games on this site in recent times - I have a very thread obsessive playstyle normally (especially as town) and I realized I use a lot of RL time (e.g. work time) to think about and play this game more than I should. I'd like to be able to continue playing mafia because it's a fun game, even if sometimes stressful.

Anyway, I don't think my behavior this game is scum!indicative given that I inned with the intention of playing this way as either alignment, but I can see why familiars immediately went after me for it. That was expected. I don't think I'm going to be an easy read this game otherwise (honestly, I would probably be playing similarly had I rolled scum) so if I need to flipped sooner rather than later, then it is what it is.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 504, innocentvillager wrote:
Why?
Because that is what I would do as scum. Take the survey and just tank the results by lying.
YOUR AD HERE

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by skitter30 »

again, i'm not sure why you're being so abrasive and hostile

~

i thought his read was more this:
In post 418, Frogsterking wrote:I couldn't stop drafting this great post in my head that scum cased house based on VP = VI in a tvt with me and house preferring to take VP with him to lylo over me but willing to hammer either so shading me but not committing either way, and house dropping a TMI with his weird read on innocentvillager (though I don't know if he's trying to get town cred by defending a lurker he knows is townie or trying to protect his scum buddy because i sr iv's apathy as well he said he joined because the playerlist was interesting so why isn't he more interested?).
namely, he feels that you're fanning a tvt fight between him and vp, and that scum-you would rather take vp to elo (as he considers vp a vi - sorry vp), and that you'd rather get frog out today, so you're siding with vp

he also doesn't like your read on iv and considers it tmi

elsewhere, he says he thought you were townie earlygame, but has to reconsider that, and that you might be a deepwolf

none of that translates too 'you're so town that you have to be scum but i don't have a case against you'
Show
Hiatus once more.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by House »

Glad to hear it iv, but the request stands.

I know I can be abrasive, but I would never intentionally run a person off from the site.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by House »

In post 512, skitter30 wrote:again, i'm not sure why you're being so abrasive and hostile

~

In post 418, Frogsterking wrote:I couldn't stop drafting this great post in my head that scum cased house based on VP = VI in a tvt with me and house preferring to take VP with him to lylo over me but willing to hammer either so shading me but not committing either way, and house dropping a TMI with his weird read on innocentvillager (though I don't know if he's trying to get town cred by defending a lurker he knows is townie or trying to protect his scum buddy because i sr iv's apathy as well he said he joined because the playerlist was interesting so why isn't he more interested?).
namely, he feels that you're fanning a tvt fight between him and vp, and that scum-you would rather take vp to elo (as he considers vp a vi - sorry vp), and that you'd rather get frog out today, so you're siding with vp

elsewhere, he says he thought you were townie earlygame, but has to reconsider that, and that you might be a deepwolf

none of that translates too 'you're so town that you have to be scum but i don't have a case against you'
Here's an exercise for you..

Quote me giving a read on iv. Show me a list that could possibly be TMI.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by House »

In post 514, House wrote:
In post 512, skitter30 wrote:again, i'm not sure why you're being so abrasive and hostile

~

Here's an exercise for you..

Quote me giving a read on iv. Show me a post that could possibly be TMI.
Fucking keyboard. Sigh.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by House »

And I'll straight up admit that I'd have no qualms about selling Frogs flip today... BUT that mindset never existed until his bullshit case that was built on nothing.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

House, would you flip frogster or skitter first?
YOUR AD HERE

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:11 pm

I haven't read fully but here are some gth thoughts I had while skimming posts of interest to get me back into this:

Frogster - I like the idea to do the survey and I will give the weird effort here a leantown. Back in my "old guard" days we would do RQS (Random Questioning Stage) sometimes, and a common theme that came up during my games was that people would scumread the person who initially started the RQS because it's "easy content that doesn't actually accomplish anything". I found empirically that, conversely, the people who were starting RQS in that meta were actually more likely to be town, because there were enough people who thought it looked like fluff that scum were afraid to start it. I feel like a similar thing could be happening here; I doubt that scum!Frog does this because they think it will look good, because I don't really know how you could expect to get townread for it. I've personally found that people who do weird, nonconventional thing are more likely to be town (as long as they are clearly not potentially scum!motivated).

RTP - I don't really know who this is or if they have sort sort of history with me (?), but I think the desire to push me hard out of the gate seems genuine in a show-offy way. I doubt many scumplayers would be able to put themselves in the forefront and yell for my elimination. If they were scum, there's no real urgency to push my elimination because I've already sort of stated that I will be more ineffectual than usual this game, which aligns with my historical scum meta. Lean town for now.

Laplacian - RTP asked me to look into this slot a bit ago. I felt very meh about the slot - I realized he got jumped on for some accusation he made and I can see why he got jumped for it but don't feel strongly about what it genuinely means for his alignment.

Aristeia - I've played one game with Aristeia where I was scum and she was town. She sheeped Datisi around the whole day and she's doing the exact same thing here. I'll have more thoughts here later, obviously I don't really want to disclose exactly what I'm looking for.

Datisi - I don't have any thoughts on Datisi's alignment, but he's definitely next on my radar to read if I get some time because I do feel like Datisi gives off genuine hints of towniness if you look closely enough.

skitter - I really don't have any thoughts on skitter. I've concluded I have absolutely no idea how to read her and I doubt I will be able to. I'm very paranoid of this slot in general.
House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by House »

In post 514, VP Baltar wrote:House, would you flip frogster or skitter first?
I'm trying to hold out hope that sitter is wrongheaded town.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:15 pm

In post 508, VP Baltar wrote:
Why?
Because that is what I would do as scum. Take the survey and just tank the results by lying.
Idk maybe, that feels way too first order though. I think scum could approach this in more ways than just that. Maybe it's because I got here late after he posted the survey, but I don't really feel there's that much benefit for scum to take the survey at all.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:16 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 516, House wrote:
Ok, I think skitter could be town here. Just trying to cut down on the unnecessary fighting if she isn't really who you want to yeet
YOUR AD HERE

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by House »

In post 518, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 516, House wrote:
Ok, I think skitter could be town here. Just trying to cut down on the unnecessary fighting if she isn't really who you want to yeet
IMO, she's either town biased against my playstyle, or scum TMI'ing frog town & using my playstyle as a crutch.

Leaning the former.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 517, innocentvillager wrote:
Why?
Idk maybe, that feels way too first order though. I think scum could approach this in more ways than just that. Maybe it's because I got here late after he posted the survey, but I don't really feel there's that much benefit for scum to take the survey at all.
I already proved it isn't effective by pulling his reads from the last game he used it in.

Posting it is NAI at best imo. It isn't going to lead to actually catching scum, and that's my main problem with it. If he's town, I'd like to dissuade him from pulling this in future games.
YOUR AD HERE

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:21 pm

Post by skitter30 »

ok vp's town
Show
Hiatus once more.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by House »

In post 521, skitter30 wrote:ok vp's town
Calling my VP read TMI, while incorrect, serious make a hell of a lot more sense than saying I have TMI on IV when my only post about him was an RVS troll vote.

House
House
Survivor
House
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:23 pm

Post by House »

In post 522, House wrote:
Calling my VP read TMI, while incorrect, would* make a hell of a lot more sense than saying I have TMI on IV when my only post about him was an RVS troll vote.
Weird autocorrect.

innocentvillager
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
innocentvillager
He
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Mon Jan 24, 2022 3:24 pm

In post 520, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 517, innocentvillager wrote:
Why?
I already proved it isn't effective by pulling his reads from the last game he used it in.

Posting it is NAI at best imo. It isn't going to lead to actually catching scum, and that's my main problem with it. If he's town, I'd like to dissuade him from pulling this in future games.
That's not how math works - if I claim to have a model that predicts a 50% event with 75% probability and I predict wrong in one instance, that doesn't prove my model is trash.
Okay, why?

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”