Newbie 2087 | Celebrating Betty White | End!

StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #900 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:30 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I’m gonna step away from this game.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #901 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:31 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

You are physically the most infuriating player I have ever played with.

Good day.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #902 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:32 am

Post by Ahri »

ok something isn't adding up here

I read 2074 and they're playing semi-decently (at least with logic) as town in it

which means either someone else is playing on their account this game or they're trying something new as either role
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #903 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:34 am

Post by Ahri »

In post 899, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 896, Ahri wrote:
In post 893, StrangeMatter wrote:Alright, I'm going to outright say it I think I have a theory currently that I feel like Cat Scratch Fever was specifically doing (And please, please just respect people's thoughts, this goes for you specifically Ahri but who am I kidding at this point with them, they clearly don't want to do anything in good faith anymore).

I believed as a theory their play here as scum was/is they were setting up on Day 1 to have the less active slots to push going into Day 2 by not having a real opinion on them () and looking into now with the start of Day 2 scumreading said lurking slots they definitely kept open lines up with this current theory.
yes this seems correct

lim Andante instead of Ahri to have the less active slots going into D1 I like this theory
It’s amazing to me how you keep this up instead of hearing someone out.

And again you proved my point constantly that you choose not to engage me with ANY actual good faith. Prove to me I’m wrong instead of spitting in my face.
IF YOU WANT TO CALL ME MAFIA FINE I'M NOT SHUTTING THAT READ DOWN

IF YOU WANT TO CALL CSF MAFIA DOWN THAT'S FINE I'M NOT SHUTTING THAT READ DOWN

BUT WHEN YOU WANT TO SAY CSF IS TRYING TO GET AFK PLAYERS INTO D2 TO BE ABLE TO PUSH THEM WHEN CSF CLEARLY VOTED ANDANTE AT THE END OF THE DAY WHEN AHRI/KORINA EACH HAD TWO VOTES ON THEM AND WERE VIABLE WAGONS WITH BOTH LQ AND SOMNUS LIKELY TO SHEEP CSF, AND AHRI/KORINA ARE MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH, MUCH MORE ACTIVE POSTERS

I'M HEARING YOU OUT I READ WHAT YOU SAID

IT MAKES NO SENSE

SHE CAN BE MAFIA JUST NOT FOR THE REASON YOYU STATED????????????????
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #904 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:34 am

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

@SM - Why would I kill LQ? He was hard townreading me.

Also occam's razor is that those slots that I'm pushing are just scum. I had townreads on everyone else who was actively playing the game, so I believed that the scum were in the people remaining. This kind of scumhunting strategy is called "townhunting" and using process of elimination to find scum.

And it's ok Ahri, I'm very difficult to miselim when I'm town. So I'm fine just engaging SM myself, since he seems to be tilting right now.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #905 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 am

Post by Ahri »

In post 899, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 896, Ahri wrote:
In post 893, StrangeMatter wrote:Alright, I'm going to outright say it I think I have a theory currently that I feel like Cat Scratch Fever was specifically doing (And please, please just respect people's thoughts, this goes for you specifically Ahri but who am I kidding at this point with them, they clearly don't want to do anything in good faith anymore).

I believed as a theory their play here as scum was/is they were setting up on Day 1 to have the less active slots to push going into Day 2 by not having a real opinion on them () and looking into now with the start of Day 2 scumreading said lurking slots they definitely kept open lines up with this current theory.
yes this seems correct

lim Andante instead of Ahri to have the less active slots going into D1 I like this theory
It’s amazing to me how you keep this up instead of hearing someone out.

And again you proved my point constantly that you choose not to engage me with ANY actual good faith. Prove to me I’m wrong instead of spitting in my face.
YOU WOULD RATHER READ AFK PLAYERS THAN ACTIVE PLAYERS
YOU CALL CSF MAFIA FOR ALLOWING AFKS TO SAY AFTER HAMMERING AN AFK
YOU PULL RANDOM TINFOIL READS OUT OF YOUR TINFOIL HAT

god knows this isn't how you played your other town game nor is it how you played your other mafia game so can you show some damn respect for this game and the other 8 people playing in it and play properly, no matter what your role is?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #906 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:36 am

I'll take a closer look at Strange's meta later ig, but I think today's priority sorts are {Korina, Progo, Malcolm} and find the townie.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #907 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Ahri »

In post 904, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:@SM - Why would I kill LQ? He was hard townreading me.

Also occam's razor is that those slots that I'm pushing are just scum. I had townreads on everyone else who was actively playing the game, so I believed that the scum were in the people remaining. This kind of scumhunting strategy is called "townhunting" and using process of elimination to find scum.

And it's ok Ahri, I'm very difficult to miselim when I'm town. So I'm fine just engaging SM myself, since he seems to be tilting right now.
I mean I think if you were mafia

LQ is your only kill no?

Assuming not a {CSF, Korina} scumteam

killing me or Korina is dumb when we're infighting, killing progo is dumb when LQ susses them + they claimed vt already, killing the afk poster in Malcolm is dumb, so you can kill Somnus or LQ who both tr you, and LQ is an SE while Somnus isn't

furthermore you could have had a PR read on LQ

again i'm not considering you mafia but that line of reasoning is also a bit -
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #908 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:39 am

Post by Ahri »

and in a CSF / Korina scumteam LQ becomes your best kill obv, the only other active player is gone
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #909 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:41 am

Post by Ahri »

In post 846, StrangeMatter wrote:I came to that conclusion since it was a kill on what I assumed as a decently town-read player, and kills like these aren't the type of kills I see newbie scum players making (and I've seen some really weird kills watching other games).
In post 847, StrangeMatter wrote:To me it shows they have a general understanding of the current state of the game and where to shoot that I came to the conclusion that the kill was likely directed by an SE.
who do you think a newbie player would kill?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #910 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 am

In post 907, Ahri wrote:killing me or Korina is dumb when we're infighting, killing progo is dumb when LQ susses them + they claimed vt already, killing the afk poster in Malcolm is dumb, so you can kill Somnus or LQ who both tr you, and LQ is an SE while Somnus isn't
I would just kill Somnus I think. More widely tr'd and didn't tr me as hard. I don't think being SE matters as much as reads.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #911 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:43 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

I want to try something.

Everyone, I want to know what do you think of me and why. The more details, the better.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #912 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:46 am

man that entrance is kinda townie
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #913 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 10:59 am

Post by fferyllt »

Strangematter has requested replacement. Searching...
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #914 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Somnus »

Welcome back, everyone. I won't be home for another couple hours but I quickly skimmed the last couple pages from today. As far as StrangeMatter's questions on the wagon...oh, she's gone.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #915 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:13 pm

:/
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #916 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Unless I've missed something that enoxerates her Ahri is coming across as completely obvious mafia to me at this point, masking her sort of chaotic activity as a reason she supposedly can't be, which doesn't make any sense...perfectly legit strategy for a mafia to want to direct the town.

I also reckon we've got one mafia who did join the bandwagon and another who didn't. Too obvious for them both to go for it, but a useful bandwagon to have anyway since Andante had made herself look so suspicious by contributing so little.

I'm aware it implicates me a little...but like I say a solid go at someone who didn't join a bandwagon is a solid shout next. Andante is out, as is StrangeMatter (who surely isn't mafia if they've left out of frustration), therefore Ahri is quite evidently the best shout there.

As for an unlikely candidate, I wouldn't rule out Somnus if they don't get eliminated next round by the mafia. Along with LQ they've probably been the strongest player so far in terms of putting across decent analysis without coming across as particularly sketchy or obvious mafia. But they're also quite clearly a good player and capable of avoiding heavy suspicion. An Ahri/Somnus team is not a terrible shout for me, but like I say I'd need to see what happens in the upcoming round before being fully suspicious of Somnus.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #917 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Beyond that, I don't think it was necessarily a bad choice to go for Andante, because she'd done herself no favours in terms of clearing her name...but it was also a very, very easy bandwagon for people to jump on without putting too much heat on themselves. Especially for a mafia who'd have viewed it as an easy target to get rid of. Like I say, almost certainly one on that bandwagon. With LQ gone, narrows it down. So Ahri and one of the other four players for me.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #918 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Korina especially still seems like an odd choice. New to the game, hadn't said an incredible amount so far, just such an easy cop-out choice to go for along with the main bandwagon.

Also notable that Ahri kinda seemed to go in on LQ on the first page a bit during the initial exchanges, but very much backed out after sussing that LQ was a fairly clever and interrogative player.
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #919 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Cape90 replaces StrangeMatter. Please welcome him!
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #920 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:26 pm

Post by Cape90 »

Hi, haven't read much but I must say.

No way Ahri is anything but town, not with a post like as a supposed newbie
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #921 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by Korina »

Hi, please convince me you’re not scum, because via poe, I think your slot is scum, and the rep out makes me further think that.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #922 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by Korina »

Also I don’t know what to make of Malcolm’s entire post.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Somnus
Somnus
Goon
Somnus
Goon
Goon

Post Post #923 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Somnus »

In post 879, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:eh, you should always reassess after flips, which isn't fencesitting. avoids confbias.
This is where I'm at too. I'm kind of hitting the reset button on my reads. I don't think it sat well with a lot of people, including myself, that you seemed so willing to compromise between 1 of basically like...4 people for Day 1.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #924 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 2:04 pm

Why not? The group was 3 people: Andante, Korina, and Malcolm. There are 2 scum, and I had reasons to think everyone else was townier than those 3.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”