GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2226 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:49 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2185, redtea wrote:
In post 1928, implosion wrote:so while you're here, how are you feeling about this game and the people in it?
*wheezing and gurgling noises* *collapses on the sidewalk*
I also strongly disagree with implosion's assertion that redtea is not trying to look town. redtea is not trying to look 'solvey' sure. but redtea IS trying to use charisma/humor to pass a vibe check. I would say a post like this is definitely designed to be townread, I would even say it serves no other real purpose. And I can say the same exact thing about redtea's first post about fua making them laugh, that was kinda my main point when I first cased them
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/them

Post Post #2227 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:50 pm

Post by redtea »

oh shit i got found out

/gen
/not a scum slip
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2228 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 7:52 pm

Post by redtea »

no really tho i can only find so many ways to say 'when i have a cohesive picture of this game i'll say so'
*Old account here
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2229 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2161, Shirou wrote:If redtea is town I feel like the probability that this is scum!GL trying to redirect us into the LHF is quite high, if one of Meg/Tejate are scum.
In post 2163, Shirou wrote:it's like I said before, the confidence that redtea is scum seems a bit overdone to me...I would still suspect that GL may or not have thrown his most fragile teammate under the bus to gain town cred.
this is also really bugging me and makes me think my whole gamestate view is fucked and Shirou might be scum

first, he says if Meg/Tejate are scum, my plan would be to distract town off my buddy onto a LHF town wagon

then, he says if redtea is scum, my plan is to bus the weakest member of my team.

So in one world, scum!GL doesn't bus his buddies, instead he's trying to save them by pushing the easiest available counterwagon

but in another world, scum!GL is bussing for towncred?

It's not consistent or an honest treatment of me. Shirou has no position on whether I as scum am likely to bus my buddies, instead he's finding ways to scumread me regardless of redtea's alignment and regardless of Meg/Tejate's alignment. There's no consideration here of why wouldn't scum!GL bus scumbuddy!Meg, why wouldn't scum!GL save buddy!redtea by pushing Meg instead, etc. It feels like a really warped way of treating my slot and my brain is stuck on trying to process how this could be genuine

does anyone else see this?
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2230 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:05 pm

Post by Shirou »

This redtea thing is boring me so much that I feel like voting them just to get this over

We flip them, if it flips town we begin discussing Meg/Tejate. If it flips scum you can do whatever you want.

Maybe it's not a terrible idea if it's like that.

p-edit: oh my
"Que será, será. Whatever will be, will be."

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2231 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by Shirou »

GL my suspicious on you has nothing to do with whether I think you bus or protect team mates as scum. That's just the complete wrong approach to understand it.

What irks me is how much confidence and how much you're digging in redtea. Whether it flips town or scum is just tools to try to make sense of it and if there's good scum motivation or not to do it.

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2232 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:08 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

I mean I guess the simple explanation is he just doesn't like my confidence on redtea, but I really hate how he's using that to find a way in which I am scum regardless of what the alignments are of any of the other players involved. like just vote me instead if that's your position?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2233 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by Shirou »

In post 2232, GuiltyLion wrote:I mean I guess the simple explanation is he just doesn't like my confidence on redtea, but I really hate how he's using that to find a way in which I am scum regardless of what the alignments are of any of the other players involved. like just vote me instead if that's your position?
no I trust a cop to check you later

if you're town you're valuable

(Aka Volpe14)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2234 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 2217, fua wrote:Scum motivation would be to be townread for their apathy.
And look how well that's working with 75% of the player list.
In post 2219, Cephrir wrote:what is the distinction between redtea's particular brand of apathy and 2020 Scumteam Apathy

at this point in site meta, "not trying = town" feels like a surface-of-the-sun take
I'm not familiar with 2020 Scumteam Apathy. I know someone mentioned it at some point but I'm really not familiar with this piece of site meta.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2235 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2231, Shirou wrote:Whether it flips town or scum is just tools to try to make sense of it and if there's good scum motivation or not to do it.
ok, but if redtea is scum, and I am scum with redtea, why not just take the free Meg/Tejate options instead?

and if redtea is town, and I am scum with Meg, why not bus him for towncred instead and save redtea for later?

when you reason like this you can write any narrative you want
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2236 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:11 pm

Post by Shirou »

well goodnight

p-edit: that's why I said I don't think it's that bad if redtea flips scum compared to town, but it would still make sense for scum!GL to keep talking about redtea to get towncred imo. I need to sleep now, maybe later I can talk more

(Aka Volpe14)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2237 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:15 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

the tl;dr for my by the way is just POE

I POE my scumreads and focus on finding town

if I can't find you town, you're good odds for scum and I want to lim you

I see no reason to find redtea town, 90 pages into the game
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #2238 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:17 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 2222, GuiltyLion wrote:This:
In post 2214, implosion wrote:Not a single one of redtea's posts looks like it's crafted to get people to townread them
is
never
a good reason to townread someone if it's by itself. Combined with other points, sure. But assuming that every scum player is going to try to get townread and going to play the way that
you
think scum should be played is a complete fool's errand, and gong to wreck you every time you meet the meme/apathetic scum players who just don't give a damn about tryharding (often as either alignment, but especially as scum)]
I understand what you're saying; and yet, I feel like this type of read, in practice, isn't really less accurate for me than a a more wholistic wait-and-see approach. Though it's possible that I just haven't played any or enough games where I lived as town to late game recently.
In post 2226, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2185, redtea wrote:
In post 1928, implosion wrote:so while you're here, how are you feeling about this game and the people in it?
*wheezing and gurgling noises* *collapses on the sidewalk*
I also strongly disagree with implosion's assertion that redtea is not trying to look town. redtea is not trying to look 'solvey' sure. but redtea IS trying to use charisma/humor to pass a vibe check. I would say a post like this is definitely designed to be townread, I would even say it serves no other real purpose. And I can say the same exact thing about redtea's first post about fua making them laugh, that was kinda my main point when I first cased them
I mean part of my point is that this is Clearly Not Working For Them and yet they keep doing it. If redtea had late d1 suddenly started giving opinions and voting and stuff, no one would have called them scummier for that. It's almost the objectively correct play as scum in a meta sense, because clearly, the people in this game aren't willing to townread someone solely on Vibes. Yet they didn't do it, and they're still doing exactly the same thing.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2239 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:20 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 2228, redtea wrote:no really tho i can only find so many ways to say 'when i have a cohesive picture of this game i'll say so'
you could tell us about your non cohesive picture
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2240 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:28 pm

Post by redtea »

meg would be an uphill battle and irt tejate how often does scum turbo-charge a slot and get away with it?

i really do think some rn would do well to draw lines in the sand of what they think is likely/unlikely, instead of falling into either littering the thread with theories or just not knowing where to go with their vague opinions and impressions.
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2241 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:36 pm

Post by redtea »

In post 2239, Cephrir wrote:
In post 2228, redtea wrote:no really tho i can only find so many ways to say 'when i have a cohesive picture of this game i'll say so'
you could tell us about your non cohesive picture
okay
implosion: by end of d1 woah, but then d2... ???
gl: conspiracy theorist
shirou: ?????
ydrasse: possibly coasting on doc claim
amazonian: we're not online at the same time
morph: we're not online at the same time
cephrir: the ship that i pass in the night
numbq: vague impression of being reasonable idk keep forgetting
tejate: isoing atm
meg: i saw 5 posts
*Old account here
redtea
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
redtea
they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2242 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:41 pm

Post by redtea »

just realized that the only solid-but-without-preprepared-text-evidence anti-associative thoughts i have are gl-shirou when i know i could find more so: non cohesive anti-associatives picture incoming tomorrow probably
*Old account here
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2243 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:53 pm

Post by fua »

VOTE: Redtea

I kind of agree with biting the bullet and getting it over with before we have to rely on them in Lylo.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2244 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:53 pm

Post by fua »

Or Lilo. I'm not sure what it is.
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2245 (ISO) » Tue Jan 25, 2022 8:53 pm

Post by fua »

I don't want to deal with 30 more pages of 'Is redtea not caring about the game scum indicative????' because we're just talking about personal opinions and will get nowhere. Let's keep people who are invested in the game in the game.
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #2246 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:05 am

Post by MegAzumarill »

It feels like scum is very much happy with the focus being on inactive slots so I feel like between Tejate/Ydrasse/redtea there is at most 1 scum.
Imprefection is the spice of life.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2247 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:05 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 2241, redtea wrote:amazonian: we're not online at the same time
morph: we're not online at the same time
this excuse is wild

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2248 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:06 am

Post by Shirou »

like now that's something to scum read the slot for

what the fuck do you mean you need to be online with the person at the same time to have a read on them...?

That applies to most slots, you are almost never here, neither I've seen you ever mention that in town games. Do you've any examples of you saying that as town?

(Aka Volpe14)
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2249 (ISO) » Wed Jan 26, 2022 1:09 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 2242, redtea wrote:just realized that the only solid-but-without-preprepared-text-evidence anti-associative thoughts i have are gl-shirou when i know i could find more so: non cohesive anti-associatives picture incoming tomorrow probably
this way of sorting feels kinda...so weird

I've never seen you completely ditch having reads to go for "anti-associative sorting"

although at the same time it's still such a wild and weird approach on how to play scum

(Aka Volpe14)

Return to “Completed Open Games”