morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2375 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:19 am

Post by morph the cat »

I'm trying to figure out Shirou's recent posts.

I'm on the left coast and usually sleep in, so there was a lot to wake up to in this game.

I'll have some thoughts after another cup of coffee, probs.

fwiw there was a post Shirou made on Day 1 that caused me to just townbin him and assume he's wrongheaded about a few things.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #2376 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Shirou »

If I'm scum with redtea as you all seem to be thinking, the worst that can happen by no eliminating one day and eliminating redtea on the other, is that you'll lose the possibility to get one extra elimination, but you'll still have nailed down two scum either way, and would have used NONE of the remaining cop checks on either of us

If I'm truly a town cop and GL is scum, if you eliminate me before I get the check on GL, you're basically gonna be likely two mislims down (me and redtea) and have no confirmed scum.
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
~Firebringer on town!Shirou
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
~town!Norwee jokes about scum!Shirou's actual plan
(Aka Volpe14)
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2377 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:21 am

Post by Amazonian Legends »

In post 2375, morph the cat wrote:I'm trying to figure out Shirou's recent posts.
Same. I’m going to go back to catching up on the day.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2378 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Shirou »

If I'm scum doing this I would already be cornered. You all would lose little from no eliminating for one day.

If I'm town though, you're massively shooting yourselves on the foot by not no eliminating one day for me to get the result.
いつだってヒーロー。

"listen i know its funny to say shirou is scum but shirou is just literally crazy"
"Not if it was Volpe's PLAN all along that we lim him and when he flips red we think Wooper is scum"
(Aka Volpe14)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2379 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:22 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 2373, Enchant wrote:Oh ydrasse claimed.
Well fine...

And i need to protect fua because...?
Protects are kinda suck if mafia knows about them.
fua claimed cop, was protected N1, and doesn't have their results yet.
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2380 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:25 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2378, Shirou wrote:If I'm scum doing this I would already be cornered. You all would lose little from no eliminating for one day.

If I'm town though, you're massively shooting yourselves on the foot by not no eliminating one day for me to get the result.
Do you think redtea ever gets copped?

Do you think redtea ever contributes enough content to be readable?
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2381 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:26 am

Post by Shirou »

also a good reason to claim today was to see if I get NK'd or not.

If I do, can you please just vote GL? please and thank you.

p-edit: wait a min
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #2382 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:26 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2376, Shirou wrote:If I'm scum with redtea as you all seem to be thinking, the worst that can happen by no eliminating one day and eliminating redtea on the other, is that you'll lose the possibility to get one extra elimination, but you'll still have nailed down two scum either way, and would have used NONE of the remaining cop checks on either of us

If I'm truly a town cop and GL is scum, if you eliminate me before I get the check on GL, you're basically gonna be likely two mislims down (me and redtea) and have no confirmed scum.
In post 2378, Shirou wrote:If I'm scum doing this I would already be cornered. You all would lose little from no eliminating for one day.

I'm a bit confused, what exactly is your position around eliminating redtea today?

I haven't thought through all the implications of no eliminating tomorrow, I think it depends heavily on if we have an N3 doc and what night is fua's cop shot, but I don't think there's a compelling argument against eliminating redtea today unless you
assume
that they're town and it's a guaranteed miselimination. which absolutely no one should be doing
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
fua
fua
Mafia Scum
fua
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2383 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:27 am

Post by fua »

I’m literally confirmed town cop who doesn’t have a night action yet.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2384 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:28 am

Post by Enchant »

Makes sense.

I will speak as person who knows shit, but i like Shirou idea with no-lim.
"OH NO WE LOSING ELIM" well yeah, probably, but cop checks is reliable tool which mafia can't beat by any means (expect by dodging them). Even more so, with protective we can hold.) instead of SCUMHUNTING which kinda suck and not reliable.
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2385 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:28 am

Mostly I’m confused about it. The fact that fua was the night kill last night, batting no kill shenanigans, means something I think, either about the scum team or the distribution of roles. And the fact that there are three doc claims out there, with two of them being night two claims means I’m worried about there not being a night three doctor to protect you anyway. And it doesn’t matter if gl is town. Scum don’t want cop checks period. They’re not going to just let you live because he’s town.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2386 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Enchant »

We should't fear timer.

Mafia should.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2387 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:29 am

Post by Enchant »

P.S. Ye i will protect Fua.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2388 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:30 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 2380, morph the cat wrote:

Do you think redtea ever gets copped?

Do you think redtea ever contributes enough content to be readable?
I'm not sure about whether redtea is or not worth a cop check, although in my opinion...kinda no

Also I don't think redtea will ever do content enough to be readable by themselves, but what I'm doing, is betting the game that this is scum!GL that conveniently has just enough suspects prepared to win the game [Redtea/Shirou/Implo] and it also doesn't matter if any of those flip town or scum for him, he's just gonna follow that chain and if he's scum and that is all town (I know I'm already town and think implo is, so redtea is also likely imo now?), he endgames town here.

I'm giving redtea the town read by the fact that GL must be scum in this game for me therefore redtea is one of the three mislims that he and the buddies needs to win the game. I felt his engagement with both me and implo were disengenuous, redtea to a certain extent as well, but I didn't want to push him too much because I planned to cop the guy, until...I realized it would be probably too late by then considering how people have been buying into his arguments.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
Amazonian Legends
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Amazonian Legends
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2389 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:30 am

Why am I playing on my phone while sitting next to my computer?

Batting should be baring
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2390 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

the idea that you're willing to bet the game on me being scum without knowing redtea's alignment is just so contrived
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2391 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:31 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

like gamethrowingly bad if you're town
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2392 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:32 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 2382, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm a bit confused, what exactly is your position around eliminating redtea today?
I don't have enough energy to try convincing people to not eliminate redtea today or tomorrow while I wait for my result, so I'm kinda concending /shrug.

I guess also...there's like...low chance that redtea can still be one of your buddies and you're bussing to shade implo/me later so /shrug.

I just think you're scum basically GL, redtea is more likely town than not but it doesn't matter that much if we mislim them or not as long as I get my result on you, or I die therefore confirm myself and your slot gets under scrutinity.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2393 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:34 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2392, Shirou wrote:I just think you're scum basically GL, redtea is more likely town than not but it doesn't matter that much if we mislim them or not as long as I get my result on you, or I die therefore confirm myself and your slot gets under scrutinity.
ok, so why did you freak out and claim today, several days before your claimed cop check, if it doesn't matter if we mislim redtea or not? why not just flip redtea and if they are town and confirm your suspicions (or even if they're scum and you think I'm bussing), hash this out tomorrow?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #2394 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:34 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I have stated this before and I'll do it again: why on earth would you hard bus in a setup with at minimum 4 one shot cops?
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2395 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:35 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2390, GuiltyLion wrote:the idea that you're willing to bet the game on me being scum without knowing redtea's alignment is just so contrived
Why should I be townreading you?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2396 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:36 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 2395, morph the cat wrote:
In post 2390, GuiltyLion wrote:the idea that you're willing to bet the game on me being scum without knowing redtea's alignment is just so contrived
the question is not why should you be townreading me

the question is why should you be townreading redtea

I'm willing to accept some level of paranoia around me being this great scum player who fools people and has his way when he's scum. what's annoying to me is that I can't seem to get my most confident scumread flipped despite virtually everyone agreeing that they're
not playing the damn game

let me at least TRY to hand this town at least one scum
morph the cat
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
morph the cat
Sync Achieved
Sync Achieved

Post Post #2397 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:38 am

Post by morph the cat »

In post 2396, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 2395, morph the cat wrote:
the question is not why should you be townreading me

the question is why should you be townreading redtea

I'm willing to accept some level of paranoia around me being this great scum player who fools people and has his way when he's scum. what's annoying to me is that I can't seem to get my most confident scumread flipped despite virtually everyone agreeing that they're
not playing the damn game

let me at least TRY to hand this town at least one scum
We're not townreading redtea? We declared intent ffs.
Shirou
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Shirou
He/Him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #2398 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:38 am

Post by Shirou »

In post 2391, GuiltyLion wrote:like gamethrowingly bad if you're town
I do make this kind of gamble yeah, also by the way, every time I did it I was TOWN!

I did it on Mafia Team 2021 in fact. I was willing to self-vote in the next day if Auro flipped town, but yup he was scum and we won the game.

I can definitely be wrong here but I'm still willing to do that, and I'm not sure why you're trying to say it's gamethrowing exactly here.

If you were town, I could bet money that tomorrow you would vote me and keep riling people up for me, and when I claimed n3 cop you would say I'm trying to buy a no elimination out of desperation.

You would likely miseliminate me anyway as town so I don't get why I'm doing anything different here?

I'm also saying I'm ok with killing redtea due to apathy and the fact he could still kinda be your buddy.

You're so hung up on redtea when I'm saying basically "whatever, kill them". Like, if you guys want, kill them? I don't care that much even if it wasn't my preference to how today should go.

You want to frame this as if I'm doing all this to protect redtea when I'M NOT, I'm doing this to increase the odds of killing your slot GL, without me needing to spend one entire week here hyperposting and casing you.

I'm taking the lazy way, yes. No energy left.
いつだってヒーロー。

(Aka Volpe14)
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #2399 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 7:39 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

I also think scum!me has virtually no incentive to dismantle the Tejate wagon and drag this town back onto redtea, especially if Tejate AND redtea are town, but that's neither here nor there

Return to “Completed Open Games”