Newbie 2087 | Celebrating Betty White | End!

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1050 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:37 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1021, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1017, Korina wrote:both of you - why am i scum in this pool?
Some of your posts, like and , make me think you're just going through the motions of asking people questions without thinking about what the answers may be.

Your reaction to SM replace out was strange. Dude probably got tilted from trying his best and getting insulted, so it seemed, at worst, NAI to me but more likely town indicative.

Looking back at your ISO, is also a weird post. how was Ahri going to be cleared N1?
I don't see what's particularly odd about either of those posts. They're legitimate questions to ask and if we're looking at candidates for fairly frivolous and meaningless posts to fill up space so far there have been much worse players than that for Korina.
ProgoWoshua
ProgoWoshua
Goon
ProgoWoshua
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1051 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:09 am

Post by ProgoWoshua »

In post 1049, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1046, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1043, Cape90 wrote: 2. So were you just townreading consensus town players for the sake of it at the beginning of the game and not actually believing it? That's what I'm confused about now.
At the start, I had no idea how to play the game, so I just let other people do the thinking for me.
Surely if you understood the very basic objectives and goals of the game though then you'd still be able to formulate your own thoughts and opinions in that regard? I get why you wouldn't want to go in too heavy (personally it can seem a bit desperate to me if someone is determined they've caught someone a few hours into the game), but would it not then make sense to sit back and see how others are playing and suss them out? Instead of trying to blend in by just agreeing with what others say?
I'm not trying to defend my past self here. I agree that my play style made no sense.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1052 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:24 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Fair enough, does feel slightly suspicious that it didn't take particularly long until you were suddenly posting fairly detailed analysis compared to how you'd played at the start, but then you have been consistently active and engaged so could be picking it up quickly.
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Pronoun: They

Post Post #1053 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 6:53 am

Post by Korina »

In post 1045, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:@Korina, I was looking at some of your past games, and I realize I've played with your alt, Vex Vience, before. And I don't remember you having a scummy town meta at all?
VV does not play the same as this account.
Do not read me the same as any of my alts, because I play radically differently on alts. VV is a try-hard account, so of course I wouldn’t have a scummy meta on the try hard acc
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
| Plurality Discussion Thread
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1054 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 11:55 am

Post by Korina »

I’m gonna be drunk tonight so if anyone wants me to be around at a certain time to ask drunk!me questions say so.
GTKAS:
The most recent one and the only one that actually matters. | ROOMS HAVE AIR ~ Who | Not_Mafia did not submit a naive cop action. big mistake there tbh ~ xyzzy
I dissociate, any signed posts are from my headmates. Refer to GTKAS, or DM me for more information.

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory

Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #1055 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by fferyllt »

Vote Count 2-3

Starting in 1955, Betty White made many appearances on "What's My Line?".

Korina
(2): Ahri, Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
(1): Cape90

Not Voting
(4): Korina, ProgoWoshua, MalcolmTucker, Somnus

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to eliminate.

Deadline: February 2, Midnight US Eastern Time.

Countdown: (expired on 2022-02-01 21:00:00)

Mod Notes:

Korina is v/la until 01/29
- :]
Last edited by fferyllt on Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1056 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1052, MalcolmTucker wrote:Fair enough, does feel slightly suspicious that it didn't take particularly long until you were suddenly posting fairly detailed analysis compared to how you'd played at the start, but then you have been consistently active and engaged so could be picking it up quickly.
I will remember this post
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1057 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 1033, Korina wrote:I think anyone who is TRing us is by default suspicious for two reasons:
1) We have not read the game.
2) We look scummy by default when playing, so anyone TRing us tends to be informed.

We are not out of our scumrange, since our townrange and scumrange are more or less the same.
This isn't a case LMAO.
Look if I was mafia you would be a pretty easy push if you are town it ain't that deep champ.
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ionship%29
Refer to this game where as town I defend this other town Illwei who really was doing themselves less favors in getting in town's good graces while I was pretty much defending the slot the whole game and boom, they ended up being town.
Cape90
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Cape90
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1058 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 2:00 pm

Post by Cape90 »

In post 855, Ahri wrote:Somnus is still town, I'll play off of the reasoning that CSF is still town
just because there's too many anti-towns if they're mafia - StrangeMatter is like Andante, they're so incredibly anti-town that surely it can't be openmafia

leaving a POE of {Korina, Malcolm, Progo}

I don't see a Malcolm / Progo with PAD town so just lim Korina
Were you on this wavelength the whole time? You were not on the Andante vote as it was going on after all
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1059 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Korina »

In post 1057, Cape90 wrote:
In post 1033, Korina wrote:I think anyone who is TRing us is by default suspicious for two reasons:
1) We have not read the game.
2) We look scummy by default when playing, so anyone TRing us tends to be informed.

We are not out of our scumrange, since our townrange and scumrange are more or less the same.
This isn't a case LMAO.
Look if I was mafia you would be a pretty easy push if you are town it ain't that deep champ.
https://www.mafiauniverse.com/forums/th ... ionship%29
Refer to this game where as town I defend this other town Illwei who really was doing themselves less favors in getting in town's good graces while I was pretty much defending the slot the whole game and boom, they ended up being town.
when in every game i've played on this account for the most part - i have been scumread for simply playing the game, it really makes anyone who trs us stand out, and leads me to believe they are indeed scum trying to pocket.
i agree, i'd be an easy push if you were scum, but i also think id' be an even easier pocket if you were scum
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1060 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:28 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1047, ProgoWoshua wrote:
In post 1044, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:@Progo, where were you going with your first post from this dayphase?
I wanted to force everyone to express their opinions of me. If someone says that I'm likely town and then jumps on my wagon once it gains traction, then they would be suspicious.

However, most people did not respond to that. I have no idea if it just got buried or if someone's avoiding to answer it.
Regarding the bolded: I don't think that's too surprising; I'm surprised so many people even bothered respond to Ahri's page 1 questionnaire.

You can still evaluate how people's reads are developing without a questionnaire. I suggest reading their ISO.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1061 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:31 pm

In post 1050, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1021, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 1017, Korina wrote:both of you - why am i scum in this pool?
Some of your posts, like and , make me think you're just going through the motions of asking people questions without thinking about what the answers may be.

Your reaction to SM replace out was strange. Dude probably got tilted from trying his best and getting insulted, so it seemed, at worst, NAI to me but more likely town indicative.

Looking back at your ISO, is also a weird post. how was Ahri going to be cleared N1?
I don't see what's particularly odd about either of those posts. They're legitimate questions to ask and if we're looking at candidates for fairly frivolous and meaningless posts to fill up space so far there have been much worse players than that for Korina.
They're the softest of softball questions.

The answers to these three questions can be answered easily by either town or scum, and the answer probably is the same regardless of alignment. And I don't think Korina got an answer to any of these questions, so they can't be that important to them.

Lastly, my problem with Korina isn't that their posting is frivolous and meaningless. You can be town and post offtopic things for fun (this is a social game after all!) while still trying to find scum. It's more that I don't see how their posts are helping them develop their reads; it seems like they're pretending to scumhunt without actually doing anything. If you disagree, can you point out some posts in their ISO that you think are examples of good scumhunting?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1062 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:39 pm

Cape, are you big on reading meta?
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1063 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by Korina »

i mean, most of my reads are kinda boiling down to it has to be malcolm and cape atm, so like, until one of them flips and i really have to re-eval i’m kinda there
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1064 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:41 pm

Post by Korina »

unless i want to go the route of one or both of {ahri, csf, somnus, progo} are deepwolfing or something, i really see no reason to adjust my reads from that?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1065 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:42 pm

I don't disagree with Malcolm, but I feel like Cape is town though. Is your case on them that they have a townlean on you?
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1066 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Korina »

no poe
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1067 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:44 pm

Post by Korina »

because if cape flips town here it means someone in those four is deepwolfing and i *really* can’t be bothered to try to sort which one is deepwolfing because god finding someone deepwolfing is super hard
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1068 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by Korina »

i know i’m town
i think progo is town via claim
i think you’re town via play
i think somnus is town via play
i think ahri is town via play

leaving just malcolm and caps
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1069 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:46 pm

Post by Korina »

tho, asking me when i’m not drunk would probably yield a response of “ok i’ll try to figure it out”
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1070 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:48 pm

Post by Korina »

actually the more i look at it, unless someone in thay four claims mason, really only ahri is confirmed town
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1071 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Korina »

like, ahri's play makes zero sense to drunk!me as scum? like, i think i mentioned it before but ahri's play only makes sense if the partner is like csf/somnus? someone we're just going is unquestionably town? though somnus's newness makes me think it's not him, and more so that it'd be you in that case csf? cuz you've played with me as vv and that means you have experience so like, ugh
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1072 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Korina »

am i allowed to ask you which game you played with me under vv, csf?
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Korina
Korina
They
Recruiter

Korina
They
Recruiter

Recruiter

Post Post #1073 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:51 pm

Post by Korina »

also, i'm gonna apologize right now for the sheer volume of me drunkenly posting because i'm gonna be up for another ~3hrs drinking
GTKAS:

#
C
u
l
t
s
A
r
e
n
t
B
a
s
t
a
r
d
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1074 (ISO) » Thu Jan 27, 2022 4:54 pm

I was wrong; I didn't actually play with you, it was Stack the Deck, which I modded under ofrhz. I believe it was the first game you played as Vex, so I think your explanation for how you wanted to tryhard as town under that account is believable. That's why I created this account after all :o

and ok, we can talk more about your PoE when you're sober. I'm basically interested in what you think is lacking from Cape's game that is present in the players in your townpool.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”