Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #550 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'd feel bad if Scorp is scum and I'm more or less derailing that wagon but I still think Hella Jeff is scum and that's who I think should be kicked out of Poland
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #551 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:58 pm

Post by butterchurn »

First point about his response to enchant wagon, eh, I don't really see it. I read his previous game earlier (where he was town) and he seemed similarly meme-y and joking. I agree with the point about going with the flow, though, both on yeezys and on Scorpious.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #552 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 4:59 pm

Post by butterchurn »

In post 547, Nero Cain wrote:and a mason not dying (though that could be explained away by scum not wanting to lose day chat)
Uh, hold on. What?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #553 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

isn't Arhi a claimed mason encryptor?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #554 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by butterchurn »

I didn't know that had any effect on the mafia team. Am I misunderstanding the wiki/rules? I looked this up when Ahri claimed it, and that's not the understanding I came away with.
the wiki wrote:Any private topics containing an Encryptor have daytalk.
In post 2, DkKoba wrote:Global Daytalk is OFF. Only private chats with an alive encryptor will be able to talk during the day.
Wouldn't scum only lose day chat from Ahri dying if Ahri were in their private chat? My reading of these rules is that either mafia does not have day chat, or they have their own encryptor. Unless there's more going on here that I don't know about.
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #555 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:48 pm

Post by Ahri »

I mean I think (Enchant,

also tfw mason partner who is pr outs

like i'm useless compared to the other two which is why i outed to get scorpious limmed and save fua

but this guy just goes 'yep i'll self" after I soft mason with them

anyways for obvious reasons other mason is going to hide

imo we lim in {geria / scorpious / Enchant}

scorpious is pretty sussy off of attitude, geria was sussed out by Andante (who got replaced by i don't even remember who but the mason who outed) , I liked capo for voting scorpious bc i feel like he's pretty obvious mafia but after replacing in Enchant has been pretty quiet which isn't normal
Ahri
Ahri
Goon
Ahri
Goon
Goon

Post Post #556 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 6:49 pm

Post by Ahri »

I think I want to go here for today

VOTE: Scorpious
Hella Jeff
Hella Jeff
Goon
Hella Jeff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #557 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:46 pm

Post by Hella Jeff »

Spoiler:
In post 545, Nero Cain wrote:Enchant is prob a green pm with how Hella Jeff treated his slot. I originally thought they were scum together with how Jeff went after Greeting for voting Capo but then Jeff questioning an Enchant wagon b/c capo was funny feels like a straight up scum reaction to me.
you're going to have to spell this one out for me.
i think you have no idea at what i was getting at with my response so i'll outline it:
- nonconformist player is +town
- in general, cocky attitudes are +town [emphasized by enchant's joker impression later]
what reason is there to dismantle this read right now?
In post 548, Nero Cain wrote:also
In post 539, Hella Jeff wrote:right now i think scorpious is just as slimy (in=game) and they're certainly not a mason, i'll put that into more words later
just felt like going with the flow and it being day 3 with no scum flipped having a singular focus just doesn't seem honest
this is wack also, since you're ignoring just about everything i've shared today to say this
your quote strengthens the fact that i'm well aware that zero scum have flipped, i'm doing my own work on a wagon that someone else spearheaded after a wagon of my own doing flopped and the other i had no agency over

so like is this accusation because i'm not evaluating entire scumteams ? because i feel like it is and if so, that's a conscious decision, last time i did that it completely ruined the accuracy of my reads
here's viewtopic.php?p=13157850#p13157850 onward, read and tell me your entire body doesn't wrinkle up in disgust
In post 548, Nero Cain wrote:of course, he has these excuses for not participating very much
i've been participating just fine, thanks
at least by this game's standards
man listen, stairs. i am TELLING you
Hella Jeff
Hella Jeff
Goon
Hella Jeff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #558 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 7:47 pm

Post by Hella Jeff »

tl;dr i'm staying in poland good night
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #559 (ISO) » Sat Jan 29, 2022 8:30 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 557, Hella Jeff wrote:i think you have no idea at what i was getting at with my response so i'll outline it:
- nonconformist player is +town
- in general, cocky attitudes are +town [emphasized by enchant's joker impression later]
ok, so when I asked you what you liked about him instead of explaining that you have a town read on him for ^ reasons you opted to NOT talk about his alignment but tell me that he was funny. Even if your "he's funny" was meant to be that you thought he was town how was I supposed to get that? To me, saying that you don't want to vote a guy b/c he's "funny" seems like a great excuse to not vote someone but leave your options open.
In post 557, Hella Jeff wrote:read and tell me your entire body doesn't wrinkle up in disgust
no. that's just busywork. Like I sorta get it..."I called 3 people scum and only one of them was." You weren't very accurate, no sweat, most of us aren't. But saying that you have to change your playstyle b/c of it just seems silly to me. And you were still 1-3 there and if scorp is town you'll be 0-2 here. There's a good chunk of scum motivation in singular hunting and going with whatever popular wagon there is.

Why aren't you voting Scorpios?

its prob a gera, jeff, butterchurn scum team but I don't think town can really win this.

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #560 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:21 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 555, Ahri wrote:I mean I think (Enchant,

like i'm useless compared to the other two which is why i outed to get scorpious limmed and save fua

scorpious is pretty sussy off of attitude, geria was sussed out by Andante (who got replaced by i don't even remember who but the mason who outed) , I liked capo for voting scorpious bc i feel like he's pretty obvious mafia but after replacing in Enchant has been pretty quiet which isn't normal

Let me quess geria is mason.
Quiet Owl
Quiet Owl
Goon
Quiet Owl
Goon
Goon

Post Post #561 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:23 am

Post by Quiet Owl »

Iso for both Enchant and capo22 is tiny and has very little content of substance in it. VOTE: Enchant
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #562 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:27 am

Post by Nero Cain »

what do you think of Jeff town reading that slot?

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #563 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:27 am

Post by Enchant »

Actually don't answer. It was actually dumb question from me.

Mafia trying to shapegoat me.
Scorpio+Owl+Third

Ez

geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #564 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:16 am

Post by geraintm »

I feel in a predicament.
Where I wanted to look after looking at the votes yesterday, no one else seems to want to go that way.
And we have masons pushing an elimination on someone else. I want to trust their reads because I am bad at this game (I think someone has accused me of being a bad green andni don't go against that).
I don't want to start a vanity wagon which goes nowhere and I get shouted at for, but I also want to find scum the best way I can.

I need to go back over scorpious and see why people want to eliminate there - because apart from the ahri claim I have them only pinging my radar a little so far.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #565 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

dude, yeezy got wagoned and claimed mason. Why are you pretending like that didn't happen? It's not that anyone didn't it's that he claimed a role that's prob town b/c there's like no town power. The other one you said you wanted to look at is hella jeff and I have looked and I think he's scum so you've decided to not look at hella jeff b/c why? You are so petty/conf bias that you refuse to work with me? or are you just scum with Jeff?
In post 564, geraintm wrote:I don't want to start a vanity wagon which goes nowhere and
I get shouted at for
you'll be fine, hardly anyone is playing or posting. It's not like you are conscientious scum or anything.

Still think scum is Jeff, Butter and Gera but I'm mostly wiping my hands from this game

yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #566 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:54 am

Post by yeezys »

i'm gonna make a meme scumteam and if i get three out of three i'm going to die
scorpious, butter, hella jeff
it's less of a meme and more of a "hmm who seems less towny than the others" and as a result there's these three
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #567 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:39 am

Post by DkKoba »

hi the storm is over and im back. all messages can be directed strictly to me. thank you!
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #568 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:52 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 555, Ahri wrote:I mean I think (Enchant,

In post 556, Ahri wrote:I think I want to go here for today

At this point it’s weird why you want me dead so bad..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #569 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:54 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 561, Quiet Owl wrote:Iso for both Enchant and capo22 is tiny and has very little content of substance in it. VOTE: Enchant
And there is Ahri saying how they liked how capo voted me. I can see an Ahri Enchant team right now.

Town reading Owl
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #570 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 11:35 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 569, Scorpious wrote:
In post 561, Quiet Owl wrote:Iso for both Enchant and capo22 is tiny and has very little content of substance in it. VOTE: Enchant
And there is Ahri saying how they liked how capo voted me. I can see an Ahri Enchant team right now.

Town reading Owl

How we are team
Hella Jeff
Hella Jeff
Goon
Hella Jeff
Goon
Goon

Post Post #571 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:29 pm

Post by Hella Jeff »

In post 559, Nero Cain wrote:ok, so when I asked you what you liked about him instead of explaining that you have a town read on him for ^ reasons you opted to NOT talk about his alignment but tell me that he was funny. Even if your "he's funny" was meant to be that you thought he was town how was I supposed to get that? To me, saying that you don't want to vote a guy b/c he's "funny" seems like a great excuse to not vote someone but leave your options open.
because you asked why i was questioning his wagon along with the fact that he weren't here anymore to be "funny"? i understand that it isn't as clear cut as i could've made it but the read has
been
there
In post 559, Nero Cain wrote:no. that's just busywork. Like I sorta get it..."I called 3 people scum and only one of them was." You weren't very accurate, no sweat, most of us aren't. But saying that you have to change your playstyle b/c of it just seems silly to me.
And you were still 1-3 there
and if scorp is town you'll be 0-2 here. There's a good chunk of scum motivation in singular hunting and going with whatever popular wagon there is.
was 0-2 instead of 1-3, one scum had flipped prior but that's not too important to what i have to say

so i'm an alt right
i use this acc to experiment
doing that ruined my otherwise fine reads
i use alternatives to that behavior in another game to see what sticks
maybe silly? wtvr
regardless you're overblowing the fact that i'm singular hunting here, i'm town, i see the potential in pushing a tight POE but there's Reasons i'm refraining, at least for right now
yeezys
yeezys
Goon
yeezys
Goon
Goon

Post Post #572 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by yeezys »

In post 569, Scorpious wrote:

Town reading Owl
right. what a nice read. you do realize that in the case of ahri and enchant being scum, that'd make me scum too? also, i'm not scum. ahri outed capo, and herself. then, i claimed.
so, you're wrong. scorpious scum.
butterchurn
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
butterchurn
He/Him
Goon
Goon

Post Post #573 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by butterchurn »

Alright, finally had a chance to sit down and work through this gamestate. Instead of just throwing out potential solves with no reasoning that get us nowhere, I want to actually reason my way through this.

- If I assume for now that Ahri and yeezys are indeed masons, and that there are 3 mafia, they must be among the following: Scorpious, Hella Jeff, geraintm, Quiet Owl, Enchant, and Nero Cain. Going to ignore the possibilities of who is 3rd mason for now, since it's obviously not beneficial to hunt for them.
- yesterDay, as of , there were 4 votes on Scorpious (Ahri, fua, geraintm, and yeezys), and 3 on fua (Dwlee, butterchurn, Scorpious). Nero Cain comes in, votes geriant, and says he will likely switch to fua after we burn some deadline. He votes fua 12 hours later. Dwlee expresses willingness to hammer Scorpious if another vote comes in (). Shortly after, Ahri unvotes scorpious, then yeezys votes fua, and then fua self-hammers.
  • - Let's look at this from both perspectives.
    - If Scorpious is town, then the two main wagons are both town. The likely third one would be on geraint -- several people had expressed suspicion or willingness to vote there. Scum would be unlikely to be in any sort of rush here, either fua or Scorpious elim is fine for them. Note the people who were not voting at the end of Day: Hella Jeff, geraintm (although his unvote was after the hammer), Enchant, Quiet Owl, Ahri. I doubt all three are there, but would expect 1 or 2. Nero Cain voting fua relatively quickly doesn't really make sense if he were scum with town Scorpious, unless he was worried about the wagons stalling out and a switch being made to geraint.
    - If Scorpious is scum, then scum would obviously want to push in the fua wagon. This points to Nero Cain. Third partner would likely be Jeff, Owl, or Enchant. Possibly geraint as well, as he genuinely may have believed the ahri claim. Which is... everyone, so that doesn't narrow things down that much.
    -
    Conclusion:
    If Scorpious town, one possibility is 2 scum among Hella Jeff, Enchant, Quiet Owl with the third being geraint, alternatively, Nero Cain is likely only scum if he's partners with geraint. If Scorpious scum, most likely with Nero Cain.
- Dwlee gets nightkilled. I'm going to assume this was not a rolehunt kill, because I think Dwlee was fairly obvious in being VT from the response to Quiet Owl. Earlier I thought it was strange they didn't kill Ahri, and suspected the mason claim may be fake, but I'll set that aside for now, because I think that is probably too far into conspiracy theory territory. Another possible reason I could see would be Dwlee's willingness to vote Scorpious. Ahri had also seemingly started to soften on Scorpious and look towards geraint instead at the end of Day 2 ().
  • - I could see a Scorpious scumteam preferring a Dwlee kill to an Ahri kill, in the hopes that Ahri's suspicions would continue to lessen, and that her approach would continue to not do a whole lot to convince people.
    - I guess a scumteam without Scorpious could avoid a kill on Ahri in hopes that she stays focused on Scorpious, but then why kill Dwlee of all people, since it takes out a potential Scorpious vote and isn't someone who's been doing a whole lot? And I think that's generally just the objectively worse play compared to taking out a mason -- I only see it being worth it if it saves a mafia from being elimmed.
    - That's now been 2 nightkills that were on the Greeting wagon, and not particularly useful-to-mafia ones at that. I think it would be very dumb for the scumteam to narrow down the wagon that much for no good reason if 2 or 3 of them were on it (and the only especially good reason I can see for a Dwlee kill is protecting Scorpious). The ones remaining alive are Hella Jeff, geraintm, Quiet Owl, and yeezys.
    -
    Conclusion:
    Dwlee kill more likely to come from a Scorpious scumteam. Jeff/geraint/Owl team highly unlikely. If exactly 2 of those 3 are scum, I think it's likely to be with Scorpious, although that's a weaker belief.
- Scorpious is currently at E-2, and has been for a while now. The ones voting him are Ahri, yeezys (claimed masons), and Enchant. The ones who have expressed willingness to vote him or significant suspicion but are not voting yet are butterchurn and Hella Jeff. geraint voted Scorpious yesterDay, I think mostly because of the Ahri claim, and he seems to still be making up his mind toDay. Quiet Owl seems to be ignoring the wagon completely and came in with a vote on Enchant. Nero Cain does not seem to like the Scorpious wagon, and has pushed in almost every other possible direction toDay, starting with Enchant and geraint, then Jeff and me, with some Owl thrown in occasionally.
  • - If Scorpious is town, scum would likely want to push this wagon in to prevent another from forming, like they did the first two Days. If Enchant is scum, which seems like the current 2nd wagon, they'd probably want to push the Scorpious one even faster. The fact that they aren't makes me think that if he's town, scum is most likely to be among those who would have a harder time believably switching to Scorpious. That would be Nero Cain and geraint, possibly Quiet Owl, and makes me lean away from Jeff. I only see Scorp town and Jeff scum if the team is Jeff/Nero/geraint, and they're just really taking their time switching their votes over to Scorpious.
    - If Scorpious is scum, the other scum would either try to bus or try to find another viable wagon, possibly one of each, although if they are bussing I don't know why they wouldn't just both go for it. Nero Cain alongside either Owl or geraint makes a lot of sense here to me, as all three of those are trying to look into or push alternative wagons. Jeff is also a possibility -- he expressed willingness to vote Scorpious, but has also been looking elsewhere, and joined the yeezys wagon pretty quickly.
    -
    Conclusion:
    Current behavior of all the potential scum suspects makes me think scum Scorpious is more likely, and his partners are trying to work out alternative wagons. I think the possibility of town Scorpious generally makes less sense with the events of the last few Days, but if he is town, geraint seems to appear in most possible scumteams.
The previous two Days ended way early and I think that was a mistake and generally hurt town. I'm not planning to vote yet because I don't want someone to hammer and end the Day, and I think there's still more worth discussing. I would currently lean towards voting Scorpious, though.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #574 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 4:37 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Votecount 3.3

U mnie wszystko gra- Matheo x Białas x Popek x Sobota

Scorpious
(3): yeezys, Ahri, Enchant
Enchant
(2): Scorpious, Quiet Owl
Hella Jeff
(1): Nero Cain

Not Voting
(3): geraintm, Hella Jeff, butterchurn

With 9 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate

Day 3 deadline ends in (expired on 2022-02-04 00:00:51)

dual mod iso
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”