Faerie Mages
Townie
Faerie Mages
Townie
Townie

Post Post #350 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:14 am

Post by Faerie Mages »

In post 343, TemporalLich wrote:
In post 310, Faerie Mages wrote:Faerie: Mage, how do u feel about the camera footage I just played?
Mage: Hmm I think that jj guy looks worse because the defense on the nk dude looked weird
Faerie: I think it might only be an issue if nk is scum
Mage: I think the bear looks a lot worse if nk is town
Faerie: Sure, I think that we'll come to an agreement when it comes to it
Mage: That concludes episode two of destroying the baddies with Faerie and Mage! Until next time... *zap*
care to explain why both jjh and pooky were chosen to fight?

this post makes you look like you scum slipped
Faerie: What?
Mage: Faerie, we got caught so fast. I told you mafia was hard!
Faerie: What is the correlation between these two events at all??
Mage: The evidence is absolute damning, don't even bother with them, Faerie
Fan account of Flea The Magician
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #351 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:16 am

Post by TemporalLich »

VOTE: Faerie Mages

Openwolfing, chainsaw defending themself

willing to vote Flea as well, but openwolves are more LHF
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #352 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:18 am

Post by jjh927 »

Temporallich, it is clear that you are trying but you do misinterpret things a lot

241 is the singular post I was just talking about with regards to trying to change the perceived gamestate to see if anyone tried to defend NK15

The "self evident" aspect of NK15's scumplay comes entirely from my rather in-depth push on him

PEdit: 343 is another example of a misinterpretation, for what it's worth, as while I can see that you are thinking you are not thinking very logically
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #353 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:20 am

Post by jjh927 »

To elaborate- Faerie mentioned me and Pookie in a post close to deadline, and then me and Pookie were selected to fight.

How do these two things connect at all, let alone point to scum!Faerie?
"As best I can tell, jjh is some kind of wizard with mind control powers." -Jingle
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #354 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:24 am

Post by TemporalLich »

why not NM? He's playing some weird 6D chess with multiverse time travel and quantum superposition town game

pedit: could be a reaction test but it does make you look like you're definitely bussing. As for that's a post where jjh looks bad if NK15 is scum and where pooky looks bad if NK15 is town, it's a bit too telegraphed for me

btw the response is openwolfing so my vote is staying there even if it's mod-confirmed to be a misrep

ppedit: magical thinking
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #355 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:25 am

Post by jjh927 »

If you want to speculate at all on the participants of the fight, the big question in my mind is why I wasn't fighting Radical Rat. To put it bluntly, I was pretty sure I was gonna be fighting, and I was pretty sure that's who I was going to be fighting
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #356 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:27 am

Post by TemporalLich »

(my vote will change, but not because I misrepped faerie, my scumread on them is still in medium confidence)

there's nothing in your ISO that could even be read as such jjh, and I Ctrl+F5ed Radical. You're just trying to bus Radical Rat as well.
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #357 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:29 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 354, TemporalLich wrote:why not NM? He's playing some weird 6D chess with multiverse time travel and quantum superposition town game

pedit: could be a reaction test but it does make you look like you're definitely bussing. As for that's a post where jjh looks bad if NK15 is scum and where pooky looks bad if NK15 is town, it's a bit too telegraphed for me

btw the response is openwolfing so my vote is staying there even if it's mod-confirmed to be a misrep

ppedit: magical thinking
How does 241 look like I am bussing? I never actually voted NK15. I just went really hard on exposing why he was tonally scum, but I did that elsewhere. 241 is a defence of NK15.

343 is the kind of post I have seen people make as scum, which is why I wanted to question it in more detail. It's also a post I have seen people make as town. I would also say that it is impossible to make me look bad given the relative levels of influence on the gamestate, so the outcome doesn't achieve anything pro-scum.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #358 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:31 am

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 354, TemporalLich wrote:He's playing some weird 6D chess with multiverse time travel and quantum superposition town game
Who does this mean, my cow brain isn't big enough to understand it
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #359 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:31 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 356, TemporalLich wrote:(my vote will change, but not because I misrepped faerie, my scumread on them is still in medium confidence)

there's nothing in your ISO that could even be read as such jjh, and I Ctrl+F5ed Radical. You're just trying to bus Radical Rat as well.
Nothing in my ISO that could be read as indicating that I expected to be fighting radical rat? Why would I have pointed that out?

If I'm trying to bus people, does that mean you think I am scum, or do you misunderstand what bussing is?
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #360 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:35 am

Post by jjh927 »

If you mean there is nothing in my iso that indicates my push on NK15 then I really don't know what I can say to help here because you would be both missing a significant portion of my iso as well as suffering from memory loss given that you were influenced by my push on NK15
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #361 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:39 am

Post by TemporalLich »

I reskimmed your ISO and I'm clearly mistaken, you only voted NK15 in RVS

pretty sure you have to vote to bus someone, besides both defenses and pushes don't indicate a bus

is me thinking there was a scumslip with the sussy correlation, the seemingly flailing and dissonant response is openwolfing

pedit: @NK15: think of "5D chess with multiverse time travel" (a real game in Dimension 1, believe it or not) and add another dimension.

@jjh [1]: there's no incentive to do that as scum would just pit you against someone else

I thought you were trying to push NK15 with zero substance, I have a medium confidence town read on you

@jjh [2]: skimming doesn't catch details so that's what happened lol, also yeah I forgot lol
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #362 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:40 am

Post by TemporalLich »

ebwop: NM, not NK15 (who is scum and dead)
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #363 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:46 am

Post by jjh927 »

I have 5d chess with multiverse time travel on steam
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #364 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:52 am

Post by jjh927 »

I think the main thing I am griping at here is that to bus means that you are scum who contributes to the elimination of scum

that is, if you think someone is bussing, that means you think they are scum

Another word you used, "definitely", means that something is the case 100% of the time.
Therefore, when you say I am "definitely bussing", you are saying I am 100% scum.

From my perspective, you reached this conclusion by questionable logic which itself rested on a misinterpretation of a single post, while ignoring like 95% of the posts I had made in relation to NK15- some of which I would hope you would remember given that I was the person who dissected NK15's tone, and forgetting my contribution to the day kinda indicates you aren't townhunting at all- and I'm really not sure what to think about that now
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #365 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:59 am

Post by TemporalLich »

you stating your push was only tonal somehow proves my point (which was mistaken)

tone isn't substance, and I saw NK15 as substantially scummy which makes my Day 1 easy

but yeah I might be mistaken on "bus", even though NK15 was a red flip I was saying that because your push seemingly lacked substance or even heft (tone can be hefty, but not substantial)

and something can be definite while still mistaken, that's called not having the right information
time will end
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #366 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:00 am

Post by TemporalLich »

but yeah I somehow managed to unlearn the entirety of Day 1
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #367 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:17 am

Post by jjh927 »

I don't know how you can say tone isn't substance and that you considered NK15 substantially scummy in the same breath. Tone was the ONLY thing to go off at the point where you voted him

Tone absolutely is substance especially when you dig into it in the way I did
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #368 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:23 am

Post by jjh927 »

This chain of posts informed pretty much every single scumread of NK15. The primary push here was that his word choices betrayed his allegiances due to a disparity between his tone and his ostensible beliefs about the game.
In post 133, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 132, jjh927 wrote:Because Flea is the first scum
And what is your evidence?
In post 134, jjh927 wrote:Putting things into words moves it away from my subconscious and there's no reason to do that yet

Simply trust in my my well-documented ability to find scum on day 1
In post 135, jjh927 wrote:That being said, if you'd like to engage with real arguments, I note that the tone in your question there is substantially more defensive than the simple "Why do you think that?", which I find very interesting given that I have you listed as another plausible scumteam member
In post 138, Not Known 15 wrote:
In post 135, jjh927 wrote:That being said, if you'd like to engage with real arguments, I note that the tone in your question there is substantially more defensive than the simple "Why do you think that?", which I find very interesting given that I have you listed as another plausible scumteam member

That being said, if you'd like to engage with real arguments, I note that the tone in your question there is substantially more defensive than the simple "Why do you think that?", which I find very interesting given that I have you listed as another plausible scumteam member
No, my tone is like that because I don't believe there is anything AI there so far.
In post 134, jjh927 wrote:Putting things into words moves it away from my subconscious and there's no reason to do that yet

Simply trust in my my well-documented ability to find scum on day 1
In other words, you don't have anything convincing.
VOTE: jjh927
In post 141, jjh927 wrote:Your tone was defensive of flea- that is not at all explained by your apparent belief that there is nothing AI there yet, as if you truly believed that in a self-consistent way then I think you would be more interested in the possibility of there being a reason than the reverse.

Did you ask on the grounds that you thought it would be impossible for me to elaborate?
If so;
-Why does asking with that intention yield any more useful information than just waiting and seeing what I do?

I would say your question was asked with the explicit intention of pushing me afterwards because I correctly pinned your scumbuddy and put you in a poe
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #369 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:25 am

Post by jjh927 »

In post 366, TemporalLich wrote:but yeah I somehow managed to unlearn the entirety of Day 1
How do you do this? I find it really hard to believe you can just forget your reads.
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #370 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:30 am

Post by TemporalLich »

aren't tone arguments considered to be bad arguments (they're better than ad hominem which would be something like thinking NM is scum because of his lolhammer meta)?

and yeah, is full of scummy arguments. That's called
substance
, arguments are substance, tone is not.

pedit: somehow you managed to turn tone into substance

I'm not willing to explain why I forgot, it isn't relevant to the game
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #371 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:47 am

Post by jjh927 »

Bad arguments are considered to be bad arguments

Frequently, tone arguments come down to "That pinged me" which is a bad argument

A good argument is one that addresses something tangible. For a good tone argument, you need to be able to identify why the tone is unexpected from town, what you would have expected, and why this unexpected aspect of the tone in practice is scum indicative
This is pretty much true of any argument you can make around alignment
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #372 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 9:51 am

Post by TemporalLich »

so apparently tone can be substance?

huh, you have a good argument for that, so yeah
time will end
jjh927
jjh927
Survivor
jjh927
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #373 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:10 am

Post by jjh927 »

Well, what convinced you initially to vote NK15?
TemporalLich
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
TemporalLich
Grand Scheme
Grand Scheme

Post Post #374 (ISO) » Sun Jan 30, 2022 10:17 am

Post by TemporalLich »

In post 373, jjh927 wrote:Well, what convinced you initially to vote NK15?
I don't remember so I can only extrapolate from what was said...

is a transparently defensive argument and also an OMGUS, / is clear like the luminiferous aether.
time will end

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”