Micro 1041: Geriatric F11 [Postgame]

Micro Games (9 players or fewer). Archived during the 2023 queue overhaul.
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #450 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:48 pm

Post by Sleepless Assassin »

In post 446, joqiza wrote:Any last thoughts from... anyone, I guess? I'll probably hammer a little closer to deadline than I said before.
Not really. I've given my reads. You all know I would rather it be Dwelee than myself.

I mean if Dwelee has a claim to make before hammer there's that but I think he would have already.

No one's asked me to claim so I don't feel I need to.
3-2 as scum and 5-8 as town

Www.escapeintothemixradio.com/EMRchatroom.html come say hi
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #451 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by joqiza »

Alright, here goes.

VOTE: Dwlee99
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #452 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 2:55 pm

Fingers crossed

Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #453 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:03 pm

Post by Roadkill »

no answers... :/ bleh.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #454 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:15 pm

Post by catboi »

Vote Count 2.03

Dwlee99 (4):
Sleepless Assassin, Roadkill, Looker, joqiza
Sleepless Assassin (3):
Umlaut, Andante, Dwlee99

With 7 alive, it took 4 to eliminate.

Reserve Posts Used

joqiza (1)
Looker (6)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #455 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:24 pm

Post by catboi »

dwlee99
was eliminated Day 2.

They were a...
Spoiler:
Mafia Goon
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #456 (ISO) » Fri Feb 04, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by catboi »

It is now
Night 2

The deadline for Night 2 is
February 6
at
9:00 PM EST
. Submit night actions by PM, if applicable.

Fast Night is available if all living players request it.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-02-06 22:00:00)
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #457 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:28 pm

Post by catboi »

Looker
died Night 2. He was a
Vanilla Townie

Vote Count 3.00

Not Voting (5):
Andante, joqiza, Roadkill, Sleepless Assassin, Umlaut

With 5 alive, it's 3 to eliminate.

The post cap will reset in
(expired on 2022-02-07 22:00:00)

Deadline for Day 3 is February 13 at 9:00 PM EST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-02-13 22:00:00)

Reserve Posts Used

joqiza (1)
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #458 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by Andante »

well, first off, I'm really glad we flipped a maf. 2nd off Looker also flipped vt? I am lost. truly. idk what my reads are at this point. plz help. I shall now go into the mode of listening and not leading!
I'm town!! just confused/lost town tbh

1/10
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #459 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 4:14 pm

Post by Andante »

wait, is the last just Umlaut? only takes 4 to lim, anyone on the Dwlee wagon could've easily yeeted Sleepless with me. Umlaut probably would kill Looker, like, aparently all yall TRed Looker, I SRed looker more than sleepless, so Umlaut here would be riding on me yelling "GET SLEEPLESS NOW" idk the kill makes absolutely 0 sense to me. realistically speaking. do yall SR umlaut?
58 made me TR Umlaut, like locktown level, rereading it now, I'm not so confident, and I don't think d2 umlaut was towny to me

umlaut maf? is it that easy?

2/10
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #460 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Umlaut »

Looking at the VC the obvious candidate here is Andante? It's kind of
too
obvious in that I feel like Andante was giving a full-throated defense of Dwlee and not some sort of "gee I'd rather go somewhere else." I mean, something something WIFOM but that is a tough thing for scum to do with a partner who is not making themselves easy to defend.

I guess another possibility is that SA and Dwlee wagons were
both
scum, but I haven't thought at all about how viable a pair that is.
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #461 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:06 pm

Post by Andante »

So I'm maf cause I say you're maf? you just repeated my exact thing back? I genuinely thought Dwlee was burnt out town, like, my bad for reading them wrong... town can have wrong reads...

VOTE: Umlaut

3/10
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #462 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:08 pm

Post by Umlaut »

That's... not what I said
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
joqiza
joqiza
Goon
joqiza
Goon
Goon

Post Post #463 (ISO) » Sun Feb 06, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by joqiza »

In post 460, Umlaut wrote:Looking at the VC the obvious candidate here is Andante? It's kind of
too
obvious in that I feel like Andante was giving a full-throated defense of Dwlee and not some sort of "gee I'd rather go somewhere else." I mean, something something WIFOM but that is a tough thing for scum to do with a partner who is not making themselves easy to defend.

I guess another possibility is that SA and Dwlee wagons were
both
scum, but I haven't thought at all about how viable a pair that is.
I got to never-chop level on Roadkill and SA over the night.

There was a point d1 where I mentioned I couldn't find a partner for Dwlee and SA said something along the lines of "I actually agree with you, but it's a D2 conversation." You've got to imagine that a scum player hellbussing on D1 is looking to set up the necessary mis-eliminations down the line, i.e. trying to find people to tie to their partner. SA wasn't doing anything like that, just seemed to be trying to noose Dwlee.

Roadkill expressed frustration with me when I voted Looker instead of Dwlee in a way I found really towny. Also on D1, I think he sort of pounced at Dwlee on the end in a way that's really not partnered. Also: he's just generally, quite towny.

I think last wolf is probably Andante, but I'm cautious for the exact same reasons you outlined. I think if come to an agreement of SA/Roadkill cleared, as a baseline, that may be a good place to start the day.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #464 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:23 am

Post by Andante »

In post 463, joqiza wrote:I think last wolf is probably Andante
Ok what? I know I didn't SR Dwlee, so I'm maf just cause I thought a maf was town? and both my initial SRs are town? Well obviously both my SRs are wrong... we have a flipped maf outside them, so somewhere I made a bad connection with my reads. I think I sr Umlaut for the same post I lock towned them for. 58. Can we just flip Umlaut here?

4/10
Sleepless Assassin
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Sleepless Assassin
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #465 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:32 am

Hey everyone. I usually don't read things at night but I was excited at Dwelees flip so I went over his ISO. Let me go back to it and show you my thoughts.
Dwelee wrote: I don't like to bus in micros though
Dwelee wrote:That it's page 2 (now 3) of a game? What kind of a question is this
Dwelee wrote: Games have deadlines and one was in ELO
The first quote was Dwelees response when I asked them to bus Roadkill. It sounds too straightforward to be a real buddy. Second quote was a response to Roadkill and feels too snippy to be an interaction between two scum, especially so early in a game with only two scum. Third, same idea as second even though it came on Day 2.
Dwelee wrote: I like Umlaut for town right now
Dwelee wrote: My takes are umlaut town, mc esther scum
Dwelee wrote: I think Umlaut is town.
These are Dwelees mentions of Umlaut. No explanation whatsoever. Just a lazy "he's town". I could be wrong but my read on Dwelees personality is that they'd feel a need to overjustify a town read on a buddy or at least have some awkwardness around it. So this sounds like a lazy town read assigned to a town player who others think is town anyway.
Dwelee wrote: I think Joqiza is town for 124. It sits in my brain very well and it's just... well-reasoned
This is Dwelees town read on joquiza. It's got a few more words but still very concise.
Dwelee wrote: Andante is sorta townie.
Dwelee wrote: Andante has zero reason to tryhard like that given gamestate if scum. Don't understand the vote there at all
Dwelee wrote: I thought I still had more votes than I did when she started, this is less strong. I was thinking I still had 3 or 4 votes when she started, but I think we had tied wagons and there actually is incentives there. I still want to townread the effort but as I said less strong
Dwelee wrote: I am pretty sure Andante is town here. I know there are doubters and maybe I'm just pocketed for her defense of my slot but I have no intention of voting her today.
Now this is how Dwelee addresses a town read on Andante. I understand Andante was wagoned early, but once she did her ISOs the suspicion faded. So this has that overjustified defense feel that I was looking for with a hint of awkwardness. The difference between the town reads on Umlaut/Joqiza and Andante are night and day. There's one obvious reason why that might be. Andante is his scum buddy.

So my next step was to go to Andantes ISO and see what she said about Dwelee. And I remember her doing ISOs on everyone right st the beginning. So I look at the one on Dwelee and you know what? Something does stand out:
Andante wrote: 51 -LOL yeah! roadkill brings up a great point!! Why no wild spam this game?? suspicious.
Andante wrote: uh yeah, so Dwlee is probably town, town lean, like, they're solving, but not solving for the purpose of being TRed (I think that makes sense) like, maf cares about appearance or coasts, there's no in between ever, So far my reads are looking like:
Town to Scum:
Three/Umlaut - tied for towniest
Dwlee
mc esther
Sleepless
Joqiza
So Andante agreed with a point made against Dwelee. And yeah I get that most of her post was about Dwelee looking town, but that one point feels so out of place and I don't think Andante ever revisited it and she placed Dwelee pretty high on her town reads for someone who found something suspicious in Dwelees ISO.

Combine that with Andantes terrible trajectory on Dwelee (Town -> Vote -> Umvote quickly -> Dwelee null read at time of vote) and Andantes crusade against a me/looker team on Day 2 and I think I'm confident enough to

Vote Andante

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #466 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:39 am

Post by Andante »

hahaha Dwlee... I guess that succesful pocket attempt worked, cause not only did I TR you, apparently that makes me your partner lol thanks for taking me down with you!!!

@Town members it is literally not me. I know signs point to me, but I'm just a clueless townie. WHY WOULD I KILL LOOKER THERE??? Why not kill joqiza? who was way townier than looker, or so I thought... now I'm just gonna TR anyone who doesn't vote me, which makes me... in trouble lol

5/10
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #467 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:40 am

Post by Andante »

I KNOW it looks like Dwlee and I are partners.. we sure as heck aren't though lol So just think for 2 seconds about who gets flipped after I flip green

6/10
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #468 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:46 am

Post by Roadkill »

i’m keeping my thoughts close right now, i have a few ideas but... luxurious to not share yet.

andante, why do you think looker died, if you had to think about it a bit deeper? also, hm... can you...

you’re hard for me to really get because you’re very... jump-y around and i’m struggling to figure out if that is a playstyle thing or a tactic (as in the dialogue like “i am clueless guys!” is something that... imagine my head tilting like a dog trying to understand what it hears?) (anyways)

could you... go back and now view umlaut through the lens of mafia? you’re very focused in the immediate fallout of the vote and nightkill (which i get given i think we are all varying degrees of suspicious) (tilting my hand a little bit but to the degree i won’t let know yet...)

...basically asking you to revisit the game with the read you have *now* to see how it fits a mafiaumlqut world, to see if you can make it make sense despite your earlier townread and see what you come out of it with.
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #469 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:48 am

Post by Roadkill »

...that seems really muddled and i am sorry so:

why do you think looker was killed and can you go back and case umlaut to see how well it holds up to you?
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #470 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:49 am

Post by Roadkill »

after that, i’ll share what i think about the nightkill and about you and other people (please prod at me if i don’t because i want to not let it linger/procrastinate which i sometimes do when i am tired...
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #471 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:54 am

Post by Andante »

7/10

I have no thoughts about the nightkill, like, I have NO IDEA why looker over anyone else, unless the plan is to literally frame me here. even thought I was voting sleepless, Looker was my stronger SR, look, we have a ml here, if everyone wants to lim me here, ok please do it today instead of tomorrow. but here's the deal, you lim me, you then lose "a great townie" tonight and then have to yeet maf. so I HIGHLY recommend looking outside me here, EVEN IF you plan on yeeting me.
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #472 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:09 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 459, Andante wrote:Umlaut probably would kill Looker, like, aparently all yall TRed Looker, I SRed looker more than sleepless, so Umlaut here would be riding on me yelling "GET SLEEPLESS NOW" idk the kill makes absolutely 0 sense to me.
In post 471, Andante wrote:I have no thoughts about the nightkill, like, I have NO IDEA why looker over anyone else, unless the plan is to literally frame me here.
So I would probably kill Looker but you can't think of any reason why anyone would kill Looker?

In that case why would the kill point to me specifically?
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #473 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:44 am

Post by Andante »

8/10

Actually, can we yeet me today? If no one TRs me, I do not wanna live in final 3 and be clueless about who is maf there
Roadkill
Roadkill
Townie
Roadkill
Townie
Townie

Post Post #474 (ISO) » Mon Feb 07, 2022 4:57 am

Post by Roadkill »

andante, i... understand very well the feeling that you’re feeling right now of not wanting to be the *burden* in endgame/the scapegoat but... if you are town, could you please fight instead? even if we end up killing you, if you’re town we need to be able to... see it? dwlee didn’t do anything that we could *see* that meant they cared.

go down clawing everyone around you; even if it ends up that you die don’t make it easy for whoever is mafia to kill you, don’t remove their culpability. that makes it harder for those remaining because your elimination of town is then: she asked to die we thought it was her, so we killed her. we were all wrong, oh dear, what now?

...i am going to feel very silly if you aren’t town and i’m hyping you up like this (and maybe i should just hold hands with occam) but it’s for the game’s benefit to do so.

Return to “Mayfair Club [Micro Games]”