wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #650 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by wavemode »

town usually display some motivation to solve the game

all I've seen from eyes is that he clearly wants to appear like he is solving it. but he's actually done exactly nothing
retired...?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #651 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:12 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

i disagree, i don't see any intention from him of trying to appear like he's solving the game. he seems to be very straightforward about doing nothing. it makes him a not very useful player, yes, but does it make him scum? if it continues, then calling for him to be elimmed on principle is one thing, but it seems not necessary on day 1
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #652 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by the worst »

i think you're very quick to attribute to malice what is clearly attributable to laziness
not really sure what that makes eyes' alignment, but
VOTE: wavemode
0verki11
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
0verki11
they/he
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: they/he

Post Post #653 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:21 pm

Post by 0verki11 »

In post 434, Frozen Angel wrote:It's not your conclusion that was unsettling with me even though I don't find him using that inherently scum motivated.

So he said because of this theory, I think to replace ins are more likely scum: This is pretty much a low hanging fruit slot with 0 contexts before this, saying something completely pointless again

2 people vote for him and I express my concern, then you first
give the theory some legitimacy
and then call him bad for using it. Now again I don't find that contradictory I just don't like how it was constructed to that point because I know you.

Now about my own read so far is that it was
weird and so sudden
that they tried to use that to generate a read on that moment and if it's not their typical playstyle (which would be an awful one) and he had no other legit reasons behind it (especially since he specifically mentioned me when there were 3 other replace ins), it's pretty much fabricated.
I definitely agree with this.

"Oh yeah this theory works but we shouldn't be using it" is not a great post to be making
Fire comes off pretty towny here as well, the agression towards eyes isn't something I really see scum doing atm
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #654 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:24 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 651, fireisredsir wrote:i disagree, i don't see any intention from him of trying to appear like he's solving the game. he seems to be very straightforward about doing nothing. it makes him a not very useful player, yes, but does it make him scum? if it continues, then calling for him to be elimmed on principle is one thing, but it seems not necessary on day 1
huh? there was just an entire discussion about his mentioning the replacements theory being a reaction test, which he then claims dwlee had a scummy reaction to. that does not look like someone being straightforward about doing nothing

are we reading the same ISO? where is he "straightforward about doing nothing"?
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #655 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:26 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 642, Datisi wrote:
the worst replaces 0verki11.
well then someone should tell overkill that :lol:
retired...?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #656 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

one original thought is basically nothing, yes. he's spent most of the time since then giving the bare minimum of responses to people questioning him, and making salty comments that directly or indirectly reference people's suspicions of him and get us nowhere. he's not literally doing nothing, he's just been unashamedly putting very little effort into making his own content or opinions (when asked to, he just complains about how people will find him suspicious for it, which, eyeroll), and i do not at all see the narrative of a scum player trying to look good. where is this "clearly wants to appear like he is solving it"?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #657 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by wavemode »

allow me to summarize eyes without a lawyer's ISO. he:

1. supposedly townreads dwlee and andante for helping the game get out of RVS. he does not give any further opinions on the events of the game thus far. I took issue with this in my
2. rejoins the game after a long absence and states he tends to be suspicious of replacement slots. he gives no reads. some people do not like this. some people vote him
3. claims that offering the theory was just "indirect pressure" and that it supposedly got a scummy reaction out of dwlee
4. the rest of his ISO is him defending himself. his vote count reaches L-3. he neither votes dwlee nor offers any reads or opinions on anyone else

I really have a hard time seeing this progression as town. if he didn't want to seem like he was playing the game then 1 and 3 would not have taken place

what I am left with is that he is indeed playing the game but he's not aligned with us
In post 656, fireisredsir wrote:one original thought is basically nothing, yes. he's spent most of the time since then giving the bare minimum of responses to people questioning him, and making salty comments that directly or indirectly reference people's suspicions of him and get us nowhere. he's not literally doing nothing, he's just been unashamedly putting very little effort into making his own content or opinions (when asked to, he just complains about how people will find him suspicious for it, which, eyeroll), and i do not at all see the narrative of a scum player trying to look good. where is this "clearly wants to appear like he is solving it"?
then you and I have different definitions of nothing. to me 1 does not equal 0
retired...?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #658 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

my sincerest apologies for using a small amount of hyperbole. i thought it would be clear that i did not mean he was literally doing nothing, just basically nothing, but i guess not
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #659 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by the worst »

wave what are your other reads?
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #660 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

to me it looks like he mostly stopped having interest in putting his thoughts out there when a bunch of people attacked him, and he was also annoyed by the arguments made against him, and i think his behavior has been pretty consistent with that. i think that's lazy and bad play (and silly, he said he would probably get heat for the replacement thing, and then acts all huffy when he gets heat for it), but i don't see why it can only come from scum, or even why it's that much more likely
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #661 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:15 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 659, the worst wrote:wave what are your other reads?
in order from most likely to least likely town:

fireisredsir
Stephen A Smith
Dwlee99
HockeyFan
Greeting
Frozen Angel
Andante
the worst
Umlaut
Nero Cain
Scorpious
Eyes without a face
retired...?
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #662 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 639, Frozen Angel wrote:
In post 637, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 622, Scorpious wrote:
In post 614, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 602, Stephen A Smith wrote:We should make FaceBoy and HockeyDude pick teams for the superbowl and yeet the one that picks wrong
lol.

I'm gunning for the bengals to win, Joe Burrow deserves a SB.

I just reread the frozen/eyes stuff, did not get much out of it, but I like the way Frozen is playing, and I dont think the 2 are partners here
Not crazy about this post man, But yeah Go Bengals!!

If you re read and got nothing out of it, why tell us. That changes the gamestate literally 0. Not even needed to be typed. But, you continue on saying you like FA’s play and that you don’t think they are partners.

So you..did “get something”, and the quotes on get something because that something would be the most ineffectual “something” to take from the exchange..

You just pulled ahead of eyes for my vote unless you can explain this.

Actually. You can explain this to get my vote off.. this was bad posting man..

VOTE: Hockey
Thier whole discourse was mainly theory talk, and stemmed from eyes post of "sussing" replamcents/"not sussing replacmenets". I only took away the fact that they're not partners because if Frozen was eyes parnter, why would Frozen go down this path of questioning, when she can focus on other ppl
every time you post about game theory you look so fake.

Have you ever heard of a term called busying?

How can you have those many games as both town and mafia and not ever see a mafia pushing their mafia partner? Why would a scum=FA not want to push a scum-Eye if a scum-FA wanted to distance from them/look better when scum-eye flipped?
That interaction did not look like distancing

also not sure what to do about your half-ass claim. Not even sure why you thought claiming it like this will have any sort of effect in either direction.
half-assed? I dont want to give extra info to mafia about the roles in the game
In post 652, the worst wrote:i think you're very quick to attribute to malice what is clearly attributable to laziness
not really sure what that makes eyes' alignment, but
VOTE: wavemode
Why do you think laziness is not a good reason for player X to sus player Y
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #663 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:21 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

In post 641, Eyes without a face wrote:
In post 638, HockeyFan wrote:btw, I'm at E-2, so I'll guess I'll claim,

I'm a backup of a role

I'm not gonna out anymore info about it unless I'm forced to
You probably should be voting me fi this is true
. I hard claim VT. No big deal if I am the lim if you have a better role than mine.
What a weird thing to say, theres still 5 days, why do u
want
to be put at E-2?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #664 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 662, HockeyFan wrote:Why do you think laziness is not a good reason for player X to sus player Y
laziness is just a rife part of human nature, lol. town are lazy as often as scum are lazy. it's something that looks bad, which means it's easy to ramble about how it's bad!!!!, but i'm really not convinced that it's any more likely to come from either alignment. scum have a tendency to try and exploit things which look bad rather than things which are actually indicators of a scum mindset. => i think wave is just picking at an easy target.
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #665 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 661, wavemode wrote:

fireisredsir
Stephen A Smith
Dwlee99
HockeyFan
Greeting
Frozen Angel
Andante
the worst
Umlaut
Nero Cain
Scorpious
Eyes without a face
sry i probably asked a kinda useless question since i haven't read up yet; can you talk to me about other enpassioned reads? what else are you seeing in the gamestate? i guess the point i'm making is that like, if we're trying to solve the same puzzle, then your eyes read isn't very useful to me atm. what else is making your mind fire?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #666 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:56 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 664, the worst wrote:
In post 662, HockeyFan wrote:Why do you think laziness is not a good reason for player X to sus player Y
laziness is just a rife part of human nature, lol. town are lazy as often as scum are lazy. it's something that looks bad, which means it's easy to ramble about how it's bad!!!!, but i'm really not convinced that it's any more likely to come from either alignment. scum have a tendency to try and exploit things which look bad rather than things which are actually indicators of a scum mindset. => i think wave is just picking at an easy target.
then you should probably find where I ever stated that my problem with eyes is laziness (or that I think he's lazy in the first place)

you either aren't reading what I'm saying or aren't understanding the point I'm trying to make about him
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #667 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 1:57 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 665, the worst wrote:sry i probably asked a kinda useless question since i haven't read up yet; can you talk to me about other enpassioned reads? what else are you seeing in the gamestate? i guess the point i'm making is that like, if we're trying to solve the same puzzle, then your eyes read isn't very useful to me atm. what else is making your mind fire?
right now I want to eliminate either scorpious or eyes
retired...?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #668 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by the worst »

In post 666, wavemode wrote:
then you should probably find where I ever stated that my problem with eyes is laziness (or that I think he's lazy in the first place)

you either aren't reading what I'm saying or aren't understanding the point I'm trying to make about him
I'm summarising your point for sure but I feel like what youre picking at is aligned with being lazy before being aligned with being malicious? sorry if you don't feel like "lazy" is a fair characterisation but I dont feel like your read on eyes is particularly nuanced

where are u at on Scorpius?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #669 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by wavemode »

In post 668, the worst wrote:I'm summarising your point for sure
you aren't. in fact I'd say I've consistently said the opposite about eyes to what you seem to think I'm saying
In post 668, the worst wrote:where are u at on Scorpius?
he's scum
retired...?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #670 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by the worst »

how do you consider what fire and what I am seeing about your push against eyes as meaningfully different? Im genuinely confused and its been a long time since ive felt this confounded trying to have a convo with someone about a pretty routine mafia read lol

why is scorp scum :)
HockeyFan
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
HockeyFan
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #671 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by HockeyFan »

I think this varies case by case. Laziness can be a good reason to sus someone(based on the way eyes was doing it)
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #672 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by the worst »

i feel like half of u are seeing something i haven't seen yet so i might need to reserve judgement til i've gone back & read everythin
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #673 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 661, wavemode wrote:

fireisredsir
Stephen A Smith
Dwlee99
HockeyFan
Greeting
Frozen Angel
Andante
the worst
Umlaut
Nero Cain
Scorpious
Eyes without a face
The naked read list on real day 5. Always the beacon of towniness..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #674 (ISO) » Sun Feb 13, 2022 2:58 pm

Post by Scorpious »

Especially with the literal
Lowest hanging fruit on the bottom..

This is just as bad as Adante’s early naked list.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”