wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1626 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:22 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 1615, Greeting wrote:Oh and also, I do have a terrible picture of Britney Spears in my profile picture, but I'm male. I don't mind "they" nor do I find being called female offensive, but it just confuses me as to whether it is me being referred to or someone else.
yeah usually if I'm already in the middle of writing a post and realize I can't remember someone's pronouns I just use they
retired...?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1627 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:23 am

Post by Scorpious »

Spoiler:
In post 661, wavemode wrote:
In post 659, the worst wrote:wave what are your other reads?
in order from most likely to least likely town:

fireisredsir
Stephen A Smith
Dwlee99
HockeyFan
Greeting
Frozen Angel
Andante
the worst
Umlaut
Nero Cain
Scorpious
Eyes without a face
In post 667, wavemode wrote:
In post 665, the worst wrote:sry i probably asked a kinda useless question since i haven't read up yet; can you talk to me about other enpassioned reads? what else are you seeing in the gamestate? i guess the point i'm making is that like, if we're trying to solve the same puzzle, then your eyes read isn't very useful to me atm. what else is making your mind fire?
right now I want to eliminate either scorpious or eyes
In post 669, wavemode wrote:
In post 668, the worst wrote:I'm summarising your point for sure
you aren't. in fact I'd say I've consistently said the opposite about eyes to what you seem to think I'm saying
In post 668, the worst wrote:where are u at on Scorpius?
he's scum
In post 681, wavemode wrote:
In post 670, the worst wrote:how do you consider what fire and what I am seeing about your push against eyes as meaningfully different? Im genuinely confused and its been a long time since ive felt this confounded trying to have a convo with someone about a pretty routine mafia read lol
what's different is that fire gets what I'm saying about eyes. he just doesn't agree with it

you don't seem to get it at all

these are all of the posts I've made about eyes: , . , , ,

I don't know how to prove a negative. it'd be more useful if you could point out to me where in here you seem to believe that my issue with eyes is laziness

because if you actually read the posts, I think you'll instead find that overall my position has been that he has indeed been trying to participate in the game, but there are substantive issues with that participation which lead me to believe he is scum. that's not laziness, that's scumminess. (and that's part of what I specifically mentioned in , the fact that if he truly just doesn't care and doesn't want to participate in the game, then he wouldn't be TRYING to seem like he's participating like in points 1 and 3 - instead he would just not participate)
In post 670, the worst wrote:why is scorp scum
I'd be happy to share my thoughts on scorp with you. I'm just worried that you'll ignore what I write and instead conclude that what I'm actually trying to say is that scorp is just lazy :lol:

first and foremost, scorpious's is a shitshow. just a lot a of very nitpicky shade. he himself later walked back the post (in his ), claiming it was just a reaction test (to get my tone and writing style). I explained in my that I did not really believe this rationale given the context of and taken together. it seems more likely he was targeting me for elimination for a while. (which, hey, he can come after me if he wants. but do it with your chest! and with actual arguments. don't go back on it and say it was just a reaction test)

scorpious also generally reads to me like he's putting on a show. feels melodramatic. if you scumread andante, alright dude just scumread her. why all the "this isn't adding up" and "I'm not comfortable with this" theatrics :lol:

in fact the whole progression to voting andante in , , , , and feels like manufactured outrage. in fact a good analogy for it is the thing you were saying about laziness, how laziness *looks* bad but you also need to justify why it's actually scummy. similarly, the things he got so upset about in those posts look slightly bad, sure, but he never really gets around to justifying why they mean andante is scum. iirc andante posted some reads he didn't like? and he asked her a question and she didn't feel like answering it? then she answered it a few posts later anyway... if this is truly enough for someone to become a strong scumread for scorp, there are a lot of other people he should've gone after this game as well. she shouldn't have become his "only scumread" as he said at the time. seems more likely to me he just felt bolstered by how much pressure she was getting from fire and FA at the time and wanted to push on it

and also on the topic of melodramatic tone, I mentioned in my that I didn't like his and , which he wrote because at some point I stated that he was the one who ended RVS (even though what technically happened is that he simply *stated* that he had ended RVS, when in actuality the vote that ended RVS had already been cast a few minutes prior... you can read page 1 of the game if you're curious). personally I feel like he got overly confrontational about me misremembering such a minor detail. I can see this coming from scum feeling like "gotcha! caught him in a lie, now everyone will be on my side" without stopping to consider the lack of significance of what he'd found

it's probably also worth mentioning that scorpious's read on me has flipped from initially suspicious of me (in and ), to town (), then back to null (), then back to town (), though given the post he just wrote above I'm guessing it's moving back down again :lol: if you haven't noticed, these changes tend to be opportunistically correlated with how much heat I'm getting from other players at the time
In post 689, wavemode wrote:
In post 686, fireisredsir wrote:i don't think that him saying he is a backup has any effect on the likelihood of him being town
I disagree with this. But also, that wasn't even my point. I'm not saying it means he's necessarily town, I'm saying it means there could be utility in keeping him alive, at least until later in the game

or perhaps at that later stage, we then decide/discover his role is not plausible and then eliminate him with the comfortable certainty that he was lying
In post 695, wavemode wrote:
In post 682, fireisredsir wrote:my scorpio take is that i read some of 2252 and 2257 and thought he looked scummy in both, and one of them he was maf and one of them he was town. and as for the melodrama, there was plenty of that in the town game. so im not really sure how to read him this game. at first i didn't notice him much, he seemed pretty normal (and i liked how he was sus of wave since i was too), but i think it was weird how much he was ignoring the main wagons until i called him out on it

mostly i just want to hockey lim and then sort everyone else out later cause my brain gets stuck thinking about people based on how they've acted in relation to the wagons
ehhh if his tone was consistent I could be led to believe he's just a dramatic person, sure

but I feel like we've seen two completely different versions of scorpious this game

sometimes he's this calm and collected "I use prose and syntax and differential calculus to very carefully and gradually determine who is scum and who is town"

and other times he's this very dramatic and surface-level "how DARE you not answer my question the first time I asked it! thou scum!!"

and I feel like the transitions between the two have occurred purely at opportunistic times
In post 870, wavemode wrote:
In post 864, Scorpious wrote:Alright,here is the deal, I do not thave the patience to cut and clip to make points. If you think thats AI,fine.
I just dont have patience.

My main problem with them is that is basically like watching commentary on whats going on with no real conviction, they do put togther reads toward the end,but thats expected.
I also dont like how it's so condensed,perhaps to cause this exact problem,whats wrong with posting as you read?

If you want to go through it and ask me how I feel specifically about something,please ask . I'm just time and technically limited to really express specefics. sorry.
"no real conviction" what does that mean exactly?
In post 881, wavemode wrote:
In post 876, Scorpious wrote:
In post 870, wavemode wrote:
In post 864, Scorpious wrote:Alright,here is the deal, I do not thave the patience to cut and clip to make points. If you think thats AI,fine.
I just dont have patience.

My main problem with them is that is basically like watching commentary on whats going on with no real conviction, they do put togther reads toward the end,but thats expected.
I also dont like how it's so condensed,perhaps to cause this exact problem,whats wrong with posting as you read?

If you want to go through it and ask me how I feel specifically about something,please ask . I'm just time and technically limited to really express specefics. sorry.
"no real conviction" what does that mean exactly?
did you quote the right post?
yes, I did lol that exact quote appears in your post

and I'm not entirely sure what you meant by it
In post 919, wavemode wrote:you're absolutely right, I had the wrong post. scorp's criticisms of me for going after eyes were in and
In post 915, wavemode wrote:yes, they are 400 posts apart

and in both, you criticized me for going after what you deemed to be a low-hanging fruit lurker

which shows that, for at least the span of 400 posts out of this game, you believed that it was not a good idea to go after someone for low activity (side note: I was never going after eyes for low activity anyway. but that's besides the point)

so I'm not seeing how you got from there to here
In post 911, wavemode wrote:it's such an abrupt shift that in the back of my mind I would not be surprised if umlaut was scum and they just agreed in their daychat that scorp should bus him

like it's such a sudden and random push for seemingly no reason at all
In post 908, wavemode wrote:I don't even care if you scumread umlaut. I just don't understand how you go from this, criticizing me all game because you thought eyes was "low hanging fruit":
In post 325, Scorpious wrote:How is eyes at 3? because of their 3 posts?
In post 674, Scorpious wrote:Especially with the literal
Lowest hanging fruit on the bottom..

This is just as bad as Adante’s early naked list.
to now you are literally going after a slot because it has 7 posts. in your words it's "Just a smart play to get rid of this slot. It’s either VT or a scum role nobody wants." uhhh how does that exact same logic not apply to eyes? why have you been criticizing me all game for going after them? I'm struggling to grasp how this progression is not pure opportunism
In post 903, wavemode wrote:I'm pretty sure umlaut is town

and I'm also pretty sure you have essentially zero case on them
In post 1367, wavemode wrote:we already have 6 who've clearly indicated they are willing to vote scorp within worst wavemode fire frozen andante eyes. and greeting said they "wouldn't rule it out"

and afaik everyone else has him at null at best

so the only reason to be unvoting scorp at this point is if you don't want him eliminated

cuz he's essentially as good as dead once people come back online
In post 1356, wavemode wrote:pretending at this point that you have no idea why I scumread you is kind of a scumclaim tbh
In post 1355, wavemode wrote:
In post 1352, Scorpious wrote:No way in hell I read most of that
of course you've read all of that. you *directly* responded to almost every one of those posts at the time they were posted
In post 1371, wavemode wrote:
In post 1369, Andante wrote:You make it sound like it's deadline and we have to consolidate on a wagon... right now
no, we don't have to. I just want to. I want scorp not greeting

you can hold your vote til deadline if waiting 3 days makes you feel better but I don't want the scorp wagon to collapse
In post 1372, wavemode wrote:If someone could give me any even slightly rational explanation we would be eliminating greeting today over scorp, I'm be all ears

in what universe is that more likely to be scum than scorp is
In post 1468, wavemode wrote:VOTE: Nero Cain E-1

I think FA is town

Again, scorp scorp scorp scorp scorp--- Nero on E-1... FWIW he went right back at me with the next post.

There is no scumhunting in this entire ISO past Eyes and me . literally just Eyes then me me me me..
then a vote..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1628 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:24 am

Post by wavemode »

nope, false. and also, I've already responded to the last time you tried to claim this

still high buddy?
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1629 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:28 am

Post by wavemode »

you also never actually explained your latest flip back to scumreading me. i'll repeat the question you've decided to intentionally ignore - why is it scum indicative for someone's reads to not have substantially changed over the course of a certain arbitrary number of posts? and why have you not pursued anyone else in this game for the exact same thing?
retired...?
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #1630 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:29 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1622, HockeyFan wrote:
In post 1582, Greeting wrote:
In post 1483, Scorpious wrote:UNVOTE: Nero does not need to be E-1 at this moment
He absolutely did. You made that wagon lose momentum and
now a townie's at E-2
. I feel like this was deliberate.
????? wtf is the bolded LOL, saying that "now a townies at E-2" while simultaneously sring this same slot is ???
I'm talking about myself, not
Nero Cain
, who isn't at E-2 at the moment.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1631 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1620, the worst wrote:
In post 1612, Greeting wrote:
In post 1610, the worst wrote:I keep wondering if you're just checked out town but the more I push you the more slimy you get and I just like..... don't feel wrong rn.......
Well, I have a choice to watch myself get eliminated quietly and have this bring nothing for town or act. I chose to at least speak of the two scummiest players who I feel are pushing the
Greeting
wagon. If I haven't made it clear it's you and
Nero Cain
Sure, that's fine. The problem is the way you're doing that.

The way you're reacting is lacking in credibility or any indication that you've read the game. You aren't trying to understand where Nero and I are coming from (ftr, I don't really know where Nero is coming from on it either). You're trying to make us look bad, but in the process you're just giving away that you aren't really paying any attention to what's going on. :P

This comes across as p overt discrediting, and not solving. It's honestly exacerbated by the fact you clearly don't care about the circumstances around our votes & our reasoning for being on you - you just want to try and make us look bad for it.
Thanks for your advice. Duly noted.

wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1632 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:31 am

Post by wavemode »

how have frozen angel's reads changed over the course of the last 1000 posts? I'd like you to be specific here, scorpious, since this is clearly behavior that you scumread strongly

how have dwlee's reads changed over the course of the last 1000 posts? how have stephen's? nero's? fire's?
retired...?
the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1633 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:32 am

Post by the worst »

VOTE: Scorpious i guess
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1634 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1629, wavemode wrote:you also never actually explained your latest flip back to scumreading me. i'll repeat the question you've decided to intentionally ignore - why is it scum indicative for someone's reads to not have substantially changed over the course of a certain arbitrary number of posts? and why have you not pursued anyone else in this game for the exact same thing?
dude, you've had the same reads for 1000 posts or 7 real days...

and again,becuase nobody else posted identical reads lists 1000 posts apart,had they, i would call them out also.why is this so difficult?

It's insulting if you expect people to believe that with EVERYTHING that happned in this game,hell the madness alone yesterday. NOT ONE OF YOUR READS changed stations?

Stop,the fact that you don't see why this is scummy is ludicrous

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1635 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:32 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 1621, the worst wrote:
In post 1615, Greeting wrote:Oh and also, I do have a terrible picture of Britney Spears in my profile picture, but I'm male. I don't mind "they" nor do I find being called female offensive, but it just confuses me as to whether it is me being referred to or someone else.
"terrible picture of Britney Spears" is a contradiction in terms she is glorious
but noted, thank you.
Of course she's glorious, it's just a particularly bad picture that's become a meme, that's all. She's free from her jail cage, flourishing and I'm really happy for her. Glad she finally got out of that awful conservatorship.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1636 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1632, wavemode wrote:how have frozen angel's reads changed over the course of the last 1000 posts? I'd like you to be specific here, scorpious, since this is clearly behavior that you scumread strongly

how have dwlee's reads changed over the course of the last 1000 posts? how have stephen's? nero's? fire's?
They havent posted lists that are nearly identical...

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1637 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:33 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1633, the worst wrote:VOTE: Scorpious i guess
again? lol

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1638 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:36 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1636, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1632, wavemode wrote:how have frozen angel's reads changed over the course of the last 1000 posts? I'd like you to be specific here, scorpious, since this is clearly behavior that you scumread strongly

They havent posted lists that are nearly identical...
FA has gone back and forth on me about 10 times, Adante did it like 3 times yesterday. The duck keeps voting and unvoting me,my own read on Greeting is wafflish, its all evolving and you just post the same list like nothing happened.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

the worst
the worst
Snuggly Duckling

the worst
Snuggly Duckling

Snuggly Duckling

Post Post #1639 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:36 am

Post by the worst »

In post 1637, Scorpious wrote:
again? lol
you're still wolfy so hells yeah
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1640 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:36 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 1636, Scorpious wrote:They havent posted lists that are nearly identical...
so what you're saying is, because they didn't post a list, you don't know what their reads are?

you mean to tell me that having the same reads over the course of 1000 posts is a scumtell to you, yet you haven't been keeping track of anyone's reads? why is that?
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1641 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:39 am

Post by wavemode »

and some of my reads have changed. so what are your X and Y variables, where X is the number of reads that are supposed to change and Y is the number of days that pass? clearly you have some standard in mind that I've failed to meet
retired...?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1642 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1641, wavemode wrote:and some of my reads have changed. so what are your X and Y variables, where X is the number of reads that are supposed to change and Y is the number of days that pass? clearly you have some standard in mind that I've failed to meet
you moved like 4 names lol

You are taking something very simple and trying to turn it around on me. If you are town and you've had the same reads for as long as you had,(I'm using 1000 as a generalization) then you just are stubborn town that really isnt very useful.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1643 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:42 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1639, the worst wrote:
In post 1637, Scorpious wrote:
again? lol
you're still wolfy so hells yeah
fair

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1644 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:42 am

Post by wavemode »

so moving 4 names is not enough? then how many is it supposed to be? lol it's your case I'm just trying to understand it
retired...?
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1645 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:43 am

Post by wavemode »

you also didn't answer buddy
retired...?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1646 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1640, wavemode wrote:
In post 1636, Scorpious wrote:They havent posted lists that are nearly identical...
so what you're saying is, because they didn't post a list, you don't know what their reads are?

you mean to tell me that having the same reads over the course of 1000 posts is a scumtell to you, yet you haven't been keeping track of anyone's reads? why is that?
yes,yes i am. They were not dumb enough to post two identical lists that were supposedly days apart.

and you have no idea what I've kept track of, If I wasn't how could I have answered your last question?

buddy.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1647 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:47 am

Post by wavemode »

if you've been keeping track of people's reads, then answer
retired...?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #1648 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

None of my reads have really changed in the past idk a while
I prefer they, thanks :)
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1649 (ISO) » Wed Feb 16, 2022 11:49 am

Post by Scorpious »

and just to milk some more clock.

Answer me this. What in your opinion is the most significant event or exchange in this game? How did you feel about it,and how did it change your read on who was involved.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”