fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #175 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:10 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 167, TistDaniel wrote:I'll admit, I could be wrong. Part of where I was coming from originally was that I assumed that mafia would have more reasons behind the nightkill than just the power role. Let's say AutoDefenestrator claimed mason right now. He's saying he has no power to scan or block the nightkill. But we also know that it's his first game on the site, and several players are leaning on him for lurking too much. It seemed to me that mafia would be more likely to kill me, because I'm the most town-read player, I'm talking a lot, and maybe I got lucky with some of my reads. Meanwhile, a wagon might still form on AutoDefenestrator even if they do absolutely nothing about it.

Like I've said, I haven't played any games here before. Maybe mafia always kills power over someone troublesome in other ways. I've been assuming I'm probably going to be tonight's nightkill though.
Who said you were the most townread player?

I honestly don't like how you're already saying that you'll be the kill.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #176 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by TistDaniel »

I'm just going by what reads I've seen so far. I don't think I've seen your reads. Feel like posting them?
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #177 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:18 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 176, TistDaniel wrote:I'm just going by what reads I've seen so far. I don't think I've seen your reads. Feel like posting them?
Norweigan town

And before you ask why there's only one read, it's because I don't have much to go off of. I know you have a lot of posts and you put effort and words into them, but that doesn't make me entirely convinced that you're town quite yet. I'm feeling you're trying to put more words in so that you can get volume cleared.

However I don't think I have enough evidence to go on a full blown case because I do agree with your points at the beginning of the game about strategizing. I don't necessarily agree with what you're presenting now. No sensible PR would claim D1 (unless I'm misunderstanding) under most situations unless they were about to get chopped. That's when I would picture a PR claim by either the PR or scum wanting to stay alive. I don't see vanilla townies sensibly claiming PR.
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #178 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:22 pm

Post by TistDaniel »

If you don't have enough to go on for reads at the moment, have you considered questioning people? Maybe you can catch someone in a contradiction.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #179 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

TistDaniel is campaigning for the night kill with their D1 play. Following best play from everyone they're going to be the night kill unless their reads are really bad.

My SSS project which contains the five factor model personality stuff I think TistDaniel was mentioning earlier is still on the way. I might be able to post it tonight.

If anyone is wondering I'm pretty sure Progowoshua and TistDaniel are town. I briefly FoSed ofmercia but now I think they're null and I need to think about it. I have one right now FoS but it's kind of weird.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #180 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 178, TistDaniel wrote:If you don't have enough to go on for reads at the moment, have you considered questioning people? Maybe you can catch someone in a contradiction.
What would I question them with? About people's reads? Most of the players don't have over 15 posts yet in this game.

I really doubt that we could catch someone THIS early in the game. We're not supposed to be able to solve the game instantly.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #181 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:36 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

[quote="In post 180, fwogcarf"][/quote]

Yes we can do it.

What did you like about Norwee?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #182 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:42 pm

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 181, Frogsterking wrote:
Yes we can do it.

I like their reactions to the "slip" along with their engagement with ofmercia. I think their solving style is townie and I really like how they went through with their ofmercia vote. I also think that their prodding of frogo is townie because it's someone trying to get discussion started up.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #183 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 3:50 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 182, fwogcarf wrote:
Yes we can do it.

I like their reactions to the "slip" along with their engagement with ofmercia. I think their solving style is townie and I really like how they went through with their ofmercia vote. I also think that their prodding of frogo is townie because it's someone trying to get discussion started up.
Okay, do you remember how to read a players iso?

Can you find a player's iso in this game who seems to have the most consistent train of thought from post to post, and player who seems to have the least consistent train of thought from post to post?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #184 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 4:06 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

I finished reading the isos. VOTE: KittyTacky,
FoS
Dunnstral for the partner by PoE.
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #185 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

Both Tist and Norwe are probably town. I played with scum Norwe a while ago and he was... different. Like less talkative? Snarkier? I don't quite remember how but it was a different style.
If u dont elim me today, you are Minecrafters
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #186 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:31 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 185, KittyTacky wrote:Both Tist and Norwe are probably town. I played with scum Norwe a while ago and he was... different. Like less talkative? Snarkier? I don't quite remember how but it was a different style.
Okay that's good to know. Do you have a read on Auto or Dunnst yet?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #187 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:59 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 170, NorwegianboyEE wrote:VOTE: Frogsterking
Looking back on it, i think their "oh you slipped" stuff on ProgoWoshua was pretty opportunistic so i want to vote here. They unvote later of course, but that is after negative thread response so i don't give it very much credit.
Spoiler:

Image Image
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #188 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:20 pm

Post by ofmercia »

In post 183, Frogsterking wrote:
Yes we can do it.

Can you find a player's iso in this game who seems to have the most consistent train of thought from post to post, and player who seems to have the least consistent train of thought from post to post?
Is this the survey strat?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Happy Scumday!

Post Post #189 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 188, ofmercia wrote:
Is this the survey strat?
:mrgreen:

Nah you will know when you see it
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #190 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:06 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

In post 186, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 185, KittyTacky wrote:Both Tist and Norwe are probably town. I played with scum Norwe a while ago and he was... different. Like less talkative? Snarkier? I don't quite remember how but it was a different style.
Okay that's good to know. Do you have a read on Auto or Dunnst yet?
Auto = slight townlean on gut, I don't know how to explain it. Dunnst is very null to me, none of their posts really ping me as either alignment. I remember Dunnst being lurky as town I think.
~Vasex
When i open this game, and starting read, i immediatly close it because i starting strongly consider self last townie alive and others are just jesters.
~Enchant
KittyTacky
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
KittyTacky
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #191 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:07 pm

Post by KittyTacky »

But I'm not sure if they lurk as scum too.
~Vasex
~Enchant
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #192 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:09 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 184, Frogsterking wrote:I finished reading the isos. VOTE: KittyTacky,
FoS
Dunnstral for the partner by PoE.
Can you elaborate more on this post.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #193 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:11 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

*Snarky tone*
Pft… Oh yeah? Think i care about what you have to say about that??
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #194 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 1:52 am

Post by TistDaniel »

Glad to hear Frog is working on five factor stuff. I was worried it might be Meyers-Briggs. I actually did some data analysis on a five factor dataset (N = 30,000 or some absurd number like that). I might have additional insight on it, depending on what it is.

I'll be a bit less active for the next few days. My wife's birthday is the 23rd, and she likes to take a week off for it. We're getting our boosters and taking the dog to the dog park today, then doing an escape room with friends tomorrow. Having dinner with my family on her actual birthday, etc. I'll be posting every day, just not to the same extent I have been.
AutoDefenestrator
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
AutoDefenestrator
Townie
Townie

Post Post #195 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:22 am

Post by AutoDefenestrator »

I'll also add that I see no reason why TistDaniel wouldn't act this way as mafia, since the time he's investing through personal strategy-discussion might still be useful to him in future games, and the "help" these long-winded strategy discussions provide to the town probably aren't all that significant versus the town cred he openly admits he believes all this talking will give him (up to the point of counting up everyone's wordcounts). Thus I'm mostly neutral on him so far; he's enough of an overthinker to attempt something like this.

NorwegianBoy is an experienced player and probably knows how to act similarly in spite of their role, and will thus try to control the town and gain aggressive townie cred early on no matter his actual alignment that game. Although some people seem to be townreading him, I'm explicitly staying neutral. I do have a gut feeling on him as well, but that means nothing here.

About Frogster's accusation, I'm leaning town on him. If he was a mafia, he would probably be more conscious about making his accusation not too backfirable, and more conscious of the way he's being read in general. The move seemed careless & thoughtless. This game has experienced people in it who wouldn't be convinced, and I'm sure he would realize that in case it was a purposeful wagon attempt. WIFOM can go to hell.

Everybody else, not much to go off of.
fwogcarf
fwogcarf
Goon
fwogcarf
Goon
Goon

Post Post #196 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:29 am

Post by fwogcarf »

In post 183, Frogsterking wrote:
Yes we can do it.

probably tist for most consistent

not enough info for me for the latter
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #197 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Consistent or not consistent isn’t necesarilly indicative of town or scum.
Town players contradict themselves all the time. And players that are very consistent when they are usually not, may be scum.
Is consistency something you scum hunt with Frog?

- Bunno
ofmercia
ofmercia
Goon
ofmercia
Goon
Goon

Post Post #198 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:52 am

Post by ofmercia »

Changing my town read of tist to scum. Post 148's word and post count is a bit too much, I just don't see the point other than to fill up posts. After a reread I'm getting lamist vibes.

VOTE: TistDaniel
TistDaniel
TistDaniel
He
Goon
TistDaniel
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #199 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 7:33 am

Post by TistDaniel »

So I vote ofmercia, ofmercia continues to townread me significantly after my vote, but I don't unvote. Then I post that I'll be a bit less active for the next few days, including that I have plans for today, and in ofmercia's very next post they decide that I'm scum and vote me.

That feels so scummy that it's hard to imagine scum doing that. I expect scum to behave more like ofmercia trying to start a wagon on Progo: subtle and indirect. But in ofmercia's case on me, this looks more like someone who isn't too concerned with how they appear. And of course scum should be very concerned with how they appear.

Honestly, I can totally understand ofmercia's view on me too. If I weren't me, that post might well feel lamist to me too.

I won't be moving my vote at the moment, but I'm interested in this development.

Return to “Completed Newbie Games”