Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #5975 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:21 pm

Post by Cephrir »

LLD's name alone is enough of a reason to nightkill her, incidentally.
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5976 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 6:23 pm

Post by Cephrir »

and again, tet was probably killed for claiming a power role. this isn't new, but you keep falling back to this same old refrain and that's frustrating.
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #5977 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:16 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5798, Roden wrote:Enough people are around that a quick hammer could've happened by now...
For the record I've been around the entire time, just offline. (I am always paranoid of people checking when I have logged in / when I am online, seeing I am not posting here even if I don't post anywhere on site, accusing me of posting in a mafia PT, so I do most of my reading offline. But I have been here the entire time.)

I am having trouble figuring out something to actually say (brain kinda scrambled), but I've been around, reading offline, including seeing the two votes on Andante. So if I was scum and if Andante wasn't scum and if there were no scum votes already on Andante: yes, I could in fact coordinate a quickhammer with a scumbuddy.

I wouldn't even need to scumclaim for it.

I would cast a, "VOTE: Andante; I see the wagon there, I agree with it, I know it's a risk but it's a risk I'm willing to take", and leave the scumclaim of a hammer to my scumbuddies.

But, I am town and I am giving it time even tho it should legit just be Andante/Cephrir/tictac here.
In post 5799, Roden wrote:If Ceph is scum that's gonna fuck me up tbh.
I'm sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but like:
Bears is obvtown from all three heads; Bears is basically conftown from role; Bears is molded when mold is a scum ability; Bears cannot be scum.
You would know yourself to be town (and I believe it); you have been molded; you are not scum.
I am town; I have been molded; I am not scum.
Malakittens is almost certainly town by both role and play; if she is town, the number of scum candidates thus shrinks considerably.

Who does that leave?

For three scum:
{Norwee, Cephrir, Andante, tictac}.
3/4 of those would be scum.

The only way for Cephrir to be town is if all the rest were not.

The thing is, tho, Norwee is town here. I really wish I could explain the read there, figure out a way to describe why this is Norwee's townplay rather than scumplay. I don't have a way to really express it. Like, I knew Norwee was scum when Norwee was scum, but I couldn't really describe it then, either. I somehow just
knew
. And somehow, I just
know
that Norwee is town here. It genuinely is a soulread, and I just don't see how the soulread there could ever be wrong.

Beyond that, Norwee and I have basically mind melded and been on the same wavelength a lot, another very good indicator of sharing an alignment. Sure, it's not foolproof, but it's very very likely. Norwee has just been...so active, so invested in the game, so genuine, so sincere, I don't see how that's Norwee as scum.

And then we get how Cephrir has just been playing exactly like he plays when he's scum. Yes, the meta I am using, I have used for a long time--but I legit don't think it is outdated in spite of the age. Most players who have played for the length Cephrir has will have their meta shift, but in the case of Cephrir, I genuinely just don't think his scumplay HAS shifted from my model.

If you take it for granted that I am town (and I am) and knowing that Bears is town and having a good idea that Mala is town, then it's both that Norwee is town by every metric and Cephrir looks like scum to me.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5978 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:29 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5813, The Three Bears wrote:but mastina is my gut based on past looking at votes.
I voted Ircher the first time I logged in both D1 and D2. My placement on the wagon is irrelevant to VCA because had I been online like 12-16 hours earlier my votes would be like second or third rather than near the back.

I voted Dunnstral after being asked to by you, but Dunnstral was already a scumread of mine the entire game. And the fact of the matter is, I DID move my vote to Dunnstral after you asked me to. I was under no obligation to do so as scum. I could have feigned stubbornness on pushing a Cephrir scumread and/or try to get you to sheep me and dissuade you from voting Dunnstral. I could have just not acknowledged you. But I didn't; I moved because you
asked
me to, and Dunnstral was already a scumread, so I was willing to sheep you.

The only times I've not voted
confirmed
scum is when I have voted my game-long callout of scum. (Cephrir.)
In post 5807, Cephrir wrote:The fact my name has come up so consistently all game for 0 reason should tell you something
The fact that you have
survived
when your name has come up so consistently when all others whose names came up have not should tell me something, too.
In post 5809, Malakittens wrote:lets yeet andante
i feel terrible for not doing so long ago
I AM willing to vote there if we're all ready to, so to speak, risk it, because imo it's actually not that much of a risk.

But, obviously: no need to rush mylo because it IS mylo. Mislim, we loose; wrong yeet, we lose. So, we have the luxury of taking time. To
some
extent, it will probably end up as an, "oh well if we're wrong we're wrong" moment, in that if Bears all collectively decide Andante scum (as in universal across all 3 heads) and you say Andante is scum that's probably good enough (Norwee is already there, I am already there). Bonus points if Roden is also on board.

Not sure if that makes sense, but basically:
I'm pretty damn sure Andante is scum.
If we, collectively, are willing to risk the game on Andante right now, then there's no need to wait and we can just pile the votes on without a care.
But if we are not willing to risk the game on Andante being scum right now, then there's no need to rush, because we have the luxury of time and can take said time to make the best possible decision today.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5979 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:45 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5917, Cephrir wrote:what, using their abilities as though they were town? i do that shit all the time
I mean the mods literally didn't give me a grandfather clause (generally speaking when you make a rule change it is best to start enforcing it
after
any currently-running game has completed but I will have
words
to say on that when this game finishes, believe you me) and handed me a warning for this very behavior in that, yes, as scum I basically DO exclusively use my abilities in an incredibly town-looking way in order to get the towncred from it. So this is true in that
in theory
it could be scum...

...But
in practice
, it's just not.
In post 5871, Cephrir wrote:If I'm scum against mastina this game, why haven't I killed her yet?
Because you don't respect my towngame?

You genuinely see it as no threat; why the fuck would you ever kill me when you think my towngame is a joke?

I can be a nuisance to you when scumreading you; I can be annoying to you when I scumread you. But in your eyes I am not a threat to you.

Now granted. Obviously, I have a higher opinion of my towngame than you do; I personally would like to think that I am in fact a credible threat because I can in fact get people to work with me and can in fact be quite accurate and I'm basically unyeetable so a 1v1 against me is borderline unwinnable for a scum player.

...But while *I* think that of myself, it doesn't matter what *I* think of my townplay. It matters what
the scum
think of my townplay--you included. And you don't think I'm a threat to you.
In post 5905, Cephrir wrote:true but i mean like, mastina is not interested in listening
I mean--my reads are never as certain as I pretend they are.

So like.

I'm not actually 100% on you being scum no matter how much I may pretend I am.

But like.

While there is the paranoia of "what if I'm wrong?" with every town post you make, with every good point you raise, with the gut pangs from your posts which make me think "this actually sounds town"...

...I still come back to scum because who else could be scum if not you, Ceph?

It's not Bears. They're town for literally every possible reason a slot could be town.
It's not Norwee. I just can't see Norwee as scum here.
The only possibilities are {Malakittens, Roden}.
Roden has looked town to me the entire game, has been molded when we know mold is a scum ability, and has Ircher interactions that don't look like those of a scumbuddy.
Malakittens has looked town to me the entire game and the use of her role has been the towniest possible usage of it which makes her look like town.

And then there's the fact that you do overall still scream scum the way you have when scum in the past.

So like.

How is it possible for you to
not
be scum, here?

Where is it that I could be going wrong?

I just don't see how I could be.
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5980 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:56 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5977, mastina wrote:Most players who have played for the length Cephrir has will have their meta shift, but in the case of Cephrir, I genuinely just don't think his scumplay HAS shifted from my model.
it has changed a great deal as anyone who plays with me regularly could tell you, but you don't care because you're scum
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5981 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:57 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5979, mastina wrote:Because you don't respect my towngame?

You genuinely see it as no threat; why the fuck would you ever kill me when you think my towngame is a joke?

I can be a nuisance to you when scumreading you; I can be annoying to you when I scumread you. But in your eyes I am not a threat to you.
i guess i have to concede this one
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5982 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:58 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5979, mastina wrote:...I still come back to scum because who else could be scum if not you, Ceph?
when your reasons for townreading the people you townread are "i just can't see them as scum here," i'm not really left with any room to make any argument. i can't point out where you are going wrong because you can't or won't say where you are going at all
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5983 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 8:59 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5980, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5977, mastina wrote:Most players who have played for the length Cephrir has will have their meta shift, but in the case of Cephrir, I genuinely just don't think his scumplay HAS shifted from my model.
it has changed a great deal as anyone who plays with me regularly could tell you, but you don't care because you're scum
like i can link you some recent games if you care

i just don't think that's the case
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5984 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:00 pm

Post by Cephrir »

to be clear, i'm not saying my scumgame doesn't still sound town; it does

my town game has improved. i bleed town all over the place either way these days
Bartleby the Scrivener
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #5985 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:05 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 5970, Malakittens wrote:one of them killed lld
and its mastina
Respectfully, if I was going to kill LLD, it'd have been N1 or not at all. (And since LLD can't protect herself and no other source of killstopping N1 has been claimed, LLD's protection is the only possible source of a failed N1 nightkill.)

Who would I have killed?

Greeting/catboi? Greeting, hell no; Greeting is in no way shape or form a thread. And as for catboi? I don't give a fuck about catboi/petapan. I realize people think he's a very good player, but I've never seen it. I've never encountered this alleged skill. I've heard more about catboi's scumgame which is definitely impressive but I've not seen his towngame. I never kill there.

You? Maybe in 2015 but in this day and age, Mala, you're so "out" of games that you're not really a threat. (No offense meant, but it's the harsh truth.)

T3/Val? Definitely not.
TWIE? Definitely not.
Galron? Definitely not.
Toogeloo? Definitely not.
StD? Definitely not.
Dwlee/Andante? Definitely not.
tictac? Definitely not.

Cephrir? Ahahaha no. I don't kill Ceph ever.

Tet? I mean, it's
possible
, but while Tet is a mandatory kill before lylo, Tet's not exactly on my N1 list. Tet's mostly a scaling threat: not a threat immediately, but a threat the longer the game goes on. So N1 is a waste.

Bell? Okay I would kill Bell N1, so that's
one
possible N1 candidate that's not LLD, but I can tell you that I'd prefer LLD over Bell because while Bell is obvtown and Bell has good reads, Bell has absolutely zero charisma and is the Creature of this day and age: zero ability to convince others that he's right. So while it's
possible
I'd kill him N1, LLD would override him in priority. In other words, while Bell would be an N1 kill candidate
in a vacuum
, when
compared to other options
, never.

MUSH? This is my first game with MUSH and off of D1 nothing MUSH did or said was really kill-worthy.

Roden? I've played with Roden, what, twice? Roden was decent, and eventually a threat, but is similar to Tet in being a
scaling
threat. Not a N1 threat to take care of, and honestly, not as scary as Tet. Competent, skilled, but not kill-worthy except in specific niche situations.

The one and ONLY slot that could rival LLD for an N1 kill is The Three Bears, because of the triple threat. However, LLD is imo more of a threat and more scary than Bears is because while Bears is incredibly obvtown and reasonably accurate and reasonably charismatic, they are not as charismatic as LLD and their accuracy is far less consistent than LLD's.

So I never kill anyone but LLD N1 here; the fact that LLD lived to see D2 is proof that I am town.
In post 5927, The Three Bears wrote:Can I get a list of everyone's stances?
In post 5928, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Andante/Ceph/Tictac scummy
Rest are townreads.
^
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5986 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 9:07 pm

Post by Cephrir »

VOTE: no lim

objectively correct
Bartleby the Scrivener
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5987 (ISO) » Fri Feb 18, 2022 11:39 pm

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

In post 5951, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 5950, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5946, The Three Bears wrote:i think we all agree tictac and andante are scum
next time i want to post i'll just shout into an empty void instead, the effect will be similar
ok fine. i'll listen to you. who is the scum team. name three people who all arent andante.
Andante, Andante and…. Hmmmm, oh i got it. Andante.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5988 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:28 am

Post by Malakittens »

I hate the no lim

bc all of what is going to happen is i'm going to die

and you'll STILL be in this same situtation

WITH LEGIT NO RESULT

SO NO

WE
ARE
NOT
NO
LIMMING
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5989 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:39 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

When the only positive is to confirm an theory that is like 0.01% likely to be true then i also fail to see it’s use.
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5990 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:43 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Are all of the slots voting no lim afraid to have an stance today?

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #5991 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 12:46 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Or it’s like, they want a night to kill Mala so there will be less voice of opposition against them tommorow.

- Bunno
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5992 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:16 am

Post by The Three Bears »

In post 5929, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5922, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 5867, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5817, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 5731, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 5727, Roden wrote:
In post 5715, The Three Bears wrote:we got a letter. and then i will reiterate again that our role is confirmable. tictac suggesting we elim us is strictly antitown. i think we claim today for sure but as for when, i will need to hear from my hydra buddies.

-noraa
How are you confirmable?
i have the impulse to just claim but my buddies arent here hmm. i will give some very very obvious hints that way i can tell my hydra chat that i didnt claim o-o.

ok well we are dylan faden right? remember jesse faden? who was that again?
we were informed of their existence (think about why for a moment)
AND there is something in jesse's role that confirms another role exists ......
and that is [REDACTED]

put the pieces together yourself.

-noraa
ffs Nora.

Fine we finish mass claim.
We are Dylan Faden, an informed enabling [redacted].
We are informed Jesse Faden is present in game. We passively enable Jesse's abilities.
That I'm aware in flavour Dylan is corrupted af/Hiss aligned and final fate is he's left comatose - and honestly that i've read it would appear anti-FBC which is why my insistance is what it was.

With that said pending any counter claim
WE ARE HARD CLEAR.

-Pinkie the grumpy bear.
I dont think you're scum but how is this clearing, and also how is it finishing massclaim if you're still leaving something out?
Really Ceph? like seriously really?

Are you actually asking this or is this just for shiggs?
I have no idea what you're talking about
I have no idea what you're actually saying here so the confusion is both ways.

-Pinkie
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5993 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:21 am

In post 5946, The Three Bears wrote:i think we all agree tictac and andante are scum
next time i want to post i'll just shout into an empty void instead, the effect will be similar
Your toxicity is really beginning to grate on me.

-Pinkie
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5994 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:22 am

In post 5958, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5956, The Three Bears wrote:i dont understand why mala was the nk.
who says she was?
Says the BG invention and dead fruit vendor in a game with unknown multitasking rules.
a beary good hydra \o/
The Three Bears
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
The Three Bears
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #5995 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 4:30 am

In post 5988, Malakittens wrote:I hate the no lim

WITH LEGIT NO RESULT

SO NO

WE
ARE
NOT
NO
LIMMING
^This.
-Pinkie.
a beary good hydra \o/
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5996 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:34 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5988, Malakittens wrote:I hate the no lim

WITH LEGIT NO RESULT

SO NO

WE
ARE
NOT
NO
LIMMING
Eh, alright

UNVOTE:
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5997 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:36 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5993, The Three Bears wrote:
Your toxicity is really beginning to grate on me.

-Pinkie
This isn't toxic
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5998 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:37 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5994, The Three Bears wrote:
In post 5958, Cephrir wrote:
In post 5956, The Three Bears wrote:i dont understand why mala was the nk.
who says she was?
Says the BG invention and dead fruit vendor in a game with unknown multitasking rules.
I dont follow

Why can't he have BGed someone else
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #5999 (ISO) » Sat Feb 19, 2022 5:38 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 5990, NorwegianboyEE wrote:Are all of the slots voting no lim afraid to have an stance today?
I think I've made my stance pretty clear dude

But if it needs to be clearer, VOTE: tictac
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”