Post by Andante »

Vote Count 2.4
DkKoba (1):
Dwlee99
MalcolmTucker (1):
Galron
Not Voting (5):
Not_Mafia, MalcolmTucker, The Muffin Man, DkKoba, Frogsterking

With 7 alive, it takes 4 to reach a majority.

Deadline (expired on 2022-03-02 18:56:46)

Mod Notes:
DkKoba replaces House!
Last edited by Andante on Mon Feb 21, 2022 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #201 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

Pagw 9?! This a personal failing
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #202 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:47 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 179, DkKoba wrote:yes, i just read the setup

and yes i want town!dwlee away from future dayphases and myself to be in it :3
Rude
I prefer they, thanks :)
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #203 (ISO) » Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:48 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

In post 198, Galron wrote:3D reverse backgammon isn't a sport, is it?
It totally should be if not.
I prefer they, thanks :)
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #204 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:48 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I'm just catching up...why the hell did we elimination STD so quickly and with so little general consensus? Like there were essentially two pages of back and forth exchanges and then we eliminated a player without giving it much discussion at a fairly early point in the game. And since then this has barely received any recognition or resulted in anyone being extensively suspected or quizzed over it?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #205 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:54 am

Post by Galron »

The rage is palpable.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #206 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:54 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 184, DkKoba wrote:i think at worst you kinda just opened the door for viability for malcom to be town there? not like explicitly shown that they are scum, so at least that is helpful in a town!malcom universe here.

we'll see how malcom responds.
What are the accusations particularly based on anyway beyond initial vibes? I only made a handful of posts in day one and in a few hours when I wasn't around nearly everyone else bizarrely decided to eliminate a role player without any extensive discussion over it.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #207 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:55 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 205, Galron wrote:The rage is palpable.
Flippant response to a genuine and fair question.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #208 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 3:59 am

Post by DkKoba »

Hi Malcom! Would be able to tell me what you yourself observe as the biggest difference in your town games and your scum games?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #209 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:03 am

Post by DkKoba »

I just skimmed through a town game of yours and already see a glaring difference - but I acknowledge the lack of length in this game could cause errors , but this is something length isn't applicable *as* much because of, well, where I'm getting the info from
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #210 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:04 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 208, DkKoba wrote:Hi Malcom! Would be able to tell me what you yourself observe as the biggest difference in your town games and your scum games?
I generally try to be more careful and guarded if I'm mafia, albeit that doesn't always come off.

As a town I generally try to be quite analytical on stuff like votes and player interactions but being town I'm perhaps more likely to contradict myself with jumbled thoughts/reasoning since I'm not necessarily trying to cover my tracks over anything.

This is only my fourth game on this site though.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #211 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 206, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 184, DkKoba wrote:i think at worst you kinda just opened the door for viability for malcom to be town there? not like explicitly shown that they are scum, so at least that is helpful in a town!malcom universe here.

we'll see how malcom responds.
What are the accusations particularly based on anyway beyond initial vibes? I only made a handful of posts in day one and in a few hours when I wasn't around nearly everyone else bizarrely decided to eliminate a role player without any extensive discussion over it.
These accusations are based on how you choose to approach the game and whether or not you are trying to solve the game.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #212 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:05 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 210, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 208, DkKoba wrote:Hi Malcom! Would be able to tell me what you yourself observe as the biggest difference in your town games and your scum games?
I generally try to be more careful and guarded if I'm mafia, albeit that doesn't always come off.

As a town I generally try to be quite analytical on stuff like votes and player interactions but being town I'm perhaps more likely to contradict myself with jumbled thoughts/reasoning since I'm not necessarily trying to cover my tracks over anything.

Unfortunately, the former is exactly what I am observing in your early d1, could you try to read through and give any impressions on any players thud far?
retired
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #213 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:07 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 209, DkKoba wrote:I just skimmed through a town game of yours and already see a glaring difference - but I acknowledge the lack of length in this game could cause errors , but this is something length isn't applicable *as* much because of, well, where I'm getting the info from
I'm still somewhat hazy on how much we're allowed to discuss re previous games from a meta POV, and I'd be struggling to see much of a difference anyway, but yeah, this has generally been a short game so far, with an elimination made in a short timeframe where I wasn't around to say anything, and half the posts in the thread in the past few hours made while I was asleep. Happy to go further on any particular discrepancies if you've noticed them because like I say, I'm struggling to think what they are.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #214 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 4:13 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 212, DkKoba wrote:
In post 210, MalcolmTucker wrote:

Unfortunately, the former is exactly what I am observing in your early d1, could you try to read through and give any impressions on any players thud far?
I'm personally getting town vibes from Muffin Man despite him kinda pushing the bandwagon on STD. It felt like a very heavy push from someone who'd be mafia, unless he suspected STD was a role player based on very little (seems unlikely on turn one) and just went for it to give mafia an advantage.

I'll need to go back and look more in-depth but I'm finding Galron kinda suspicious. Unless I'm missing anything important joined the bandwagon fairly late without giving much of a reasoning for doing so. Lot of flippant posts in there - one a few posts above, a jokey one about being mafia and deciding to concede.

Personally unsure re your posts after replacing in. The "I've not checked through the game thread and do this regularly" seems like a perfectly valid gambit for someone who's mafia to use to appear as if they're coming across as a townie who's just wildly putting out thoughts whenever they happen to have them. Out of interest, what do you think about the turn one elimination? There's bound to be a mafia member who jumped on that, if not two of them. You and Galron wouldn't seem like a ridiculous possible team.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #215 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 213, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 209, DkKoba wrote:I just skimmed through a town game of yours and already see a glaring difference - but I acknowledge the lack of length in this game could cause errors , but this is something length isn't applicable *as* much because of, well, where I'm getting the info from
I'm still somewhat hazy on how much we're allowed to discuss re previous games from a meta POV, and I'd be struggling to see much of a difference anyway, but yeah, this has generally been a short game so far, with an elimination made in a short timeframe where I wasn't around to say anything, and half the posts in the thread in the past few hours made while I was asleep. Happy to go further on any particular discrepancies if you've noticed them because like I say, I'm struggling to think what they are.
Previous games are 100% valid as long as they are completed.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #216 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:43 am

Post by DkKoba »

Such as the newbie game I read of yours where you were miseliminated on day 3, where I noticed a much stronger entrance from your slot.
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #217 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 5:57 am

Post by DkKoba »

I'd also like to make it clear I am not 1000% made up on you being mafia since we are in an incredible low info state, so you being open and dialoguing is incredible useful if you are town so thank you. You've already softened my read on you to the point where I am more looking into Galron/Frogster as potential scum than I was last night.

Oh and I'm just noticing you addressed something I did - You'll find I did cite several games where I did replace in and do that exact thing, I have done so as both alignments, and although I'd argue the way I did it in this game much more closely aligns to how I've done it in my town games, I'll settle for people at the very least strictly seeing it as not alignment indicative :P
retired
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #218 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 7:17 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 216, DkKoba wrote:Such as the newbie game I read of yours where you were miseliminated on day 3, where I noticed a much stronger entrance from your slot.
To be fair I was going in heavy on reads, but for the most part the actual substance of them was a bit all over the place. Although it was my first game on the site and I had a meta on nobody nor all that strong a background on a lot of the site-specific terms that tend to be used. I was also quite quiet in the early stages of that game...probably primarily due to timezone stuff with the game mostly being played while I was asleep.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #219 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:33 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 218, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 216, DkKoba wrote:Such as the newbie game I read of yours where you were miseliminated on day 3, where I noticed a much stronger entrance from your slot.
To be fair I was going in heavy on reads, but for the most part the actual substance of them was a bit all over the place. Although it was my first game on the site and I had a meta on nobody nor all that strong a background on a lot of the site-specific terms that tend to be used. I was also quite quiet in the early stages of that game...probably primarily due to timezone stuff with the game mostly being played while I was asleep.
That's a very fair explaination.
VOTE: Frogster
retired
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #220 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Frogsterking »

I think is fake.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #221 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:35 am

Post by DkKoba »

speak o the devil
retired
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #222 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:40 am

Post by Frogsterking »

You don't scumread ?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #223 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:42 am

Post by DkKoba »

No, I actually find it fairly towny.
retired
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #224 (ISO) » Mon Feb 21, 2022 8:45 am

Post by Frogsterking »

Oh okay yeah now that i took a second look at it i really feel town pings.

Return to “Completed Open Games”