Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #275 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:48 pm

Post by The Keeper »

Well if we're discussing policy game overs,
VOTE: The Keeper
Then let us begin.

Fortunately I found Lazarus Rags in the first item room.
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #276 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 270, Nero Cain wrote:prob wrong town hence why TR wants to give you a pass. I'm sure I'm wrong but it just seemed like interesting timing that you said you wouldn't vote Fire and maybe Toog and then TR comes in hard town reading you.

Also, look at Toogs ISO. Like it been a min b4 I played with him and maybe he's normally that fluffy but I'll find that out when I dive a little.
Toog is a bit fluffy, if an actual case shows up or he continues to be 100% fluff I could reconsider there, but I'm not backing down so easily on Fire. There's been a couple posts that just seemed like a page straight out of my mind, and that's hard to just ignore this early in the game. I'm inclined to give that a pass for now.

Pedit: Just what is Keeper doing here?

Do you scumread these two to suggest them so quickly?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #277 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

How did I get the pedit in the middle? I blame the mobile site.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #278 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 187, Dwlee99 wrote:Magik is a town horse
What specifically makes Magik a town horse?
In post 191, hellbooks wrote:
In post 181, MagikHorse wrote:That could be said of every interaction, and says nothing at all about the tonal shift.
it should be clear that my post was not on-its-face genuine given that it didnt come with an unvote. im still invested in pushing andante but i'm not scumhunting
super
seriously right now because im still identifying people im interested in poking at, i've only meaningfully chatted with a few people, and we're still at a stage where reads change pretty quickly ! did my post stand out to you before or after firebringer brought it up?
Your plan is just to push me? I'd love to hear more on how this plan plays out... like, you want to push me to get reads on... me? or reads on others? cause pushing me doesn't give reads on the others, and how do you identify which people you want to poke at?

In post 203, Scorpious wrote:
In post 202, Firebringer wrote:that dwlee is inconsistent?
well,it was worth him pointing out that my comment had no depth.

I just figured a little reminder might be appropriate. it was an early town lean, not committed to a player like that..on page six in a large..
I'm still just confused how you had an early townlean on Dwlee.. You literally TRed them for going "Andante maf" me going why? then they were all "jk not andante" like, I don't see this same "effort" you saw...
In post 206, Scorpious wrote:
In post 204, MagikHorse wrote:Just saying... what exactly? That we shouldn't pressure him for his posts, or how he backed off at the slightest pressure?
i think he should be pressured ,but rarely does he respond to it.
Just a thought, if someone doesn't respond to pressure, have you ever considered trying a different strat? that isn't pressure?
In post 209, Nero Cain wrote:keeper is basicly saying they'll solve a lil' but its gonna be mostly troll/gimmick posting and a PL
Correct! and if all they do is gimmick, I'm voting them out!
In post 211, hellbooks wrote:a statement such as this has like a kaleidoscopic amount of psychology behind it though. if i were to try and pinpoint... it felt kind of like putting up a wall a little bit. but as i said. WIP
how is that putting up a wall? lol
In post 215, Tejate Raichu wrote:Well, if you don't mind, I'm just gonna make extra sure we don't see sudden lolhammers.

UNVOTE: Firebringer

So far Scorpious is the first slot that has given me enough to consider, I feel like. So far I'm getting more of a confused than a strictly scum vibe, but I'll hold off before solidifying a day 1 read on them. Magik I'm still thinking about since I don't give out free townreads just on activity.
Ok, so I've had this thought since last night, Tejate maf. This post kinda supports that though.. like, "oh Scorpious is drawing attention.. yeah I'm sus of them!!" feels really odd to me tbh, Tejate also had this odd energy last nice, like scum awkwardly trying to jump in... here, this "read" feels fake, yeah idk Tejate is sus.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #279 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

a lil' yeah. What has fire said was straight outta yer head?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #280 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 219, Tejate Raichu wrote:Most of your posts have been related to game content. I don't need to necessarily know your meta or even like said posts to start formulating an opinion off of that. You and Magik are the ones I'm giving the most thought to right now for that reason.
like, yeah... what? this feels like scum SRing a partner, trying to bring in words like "meta" when like, no meta applies here... Scorp TRed Dwlee for a terrible reason, and not you're trying to use fancy words to make it seem like you have a different reason for your reads... like, just flat out say exactly what you're SRing??? not this "I need to think first, then formulate an opinion" ok, if you have no opinion, you just say nothing...
In post 245, Firebringer wrote:i intend to put some of my scumreads in non yeet pool for various reasons.
cause that sounds like playing to win...
In post 262, Tejate Raichu wrote:I'm not prepared to call Magik Townie McTownerson yet, but so far I think it would be in our best interest to give him a day 1 pass (stolen from morph the cat). Maybe a day 2 pass.
Why are you already proposing day1/day 2 passes?? like, just read people, propose a lim, go from there... like you can BET I'll be pushing a SR, and if someone is towny, they're getting a "pass" but it's not like I'm announcing official passes..

VOTE: Tejate Raichu
I think I'm putting my vote here for a while, he's not getting away that easily, probably my strongest SR here right now.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #281 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 270, Nero Cain wrote:prob wrong town hence why TR wants to give you a pass. I'm sure I'm wrong but it just seemed like interesting timing that you said you wouldn't vote Fire and maybe Toog and then TR comes in hard town reading you.

Also, look at Toogs ISO. Like it been a min b4 I played with him and maybe he's normally that fluffy but I'll find that out when I dive a little.
I explicitly said I WASN'T hard TRing Magik.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #282 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

oh you're right but then you are giving out a no lim pass for 2 days and you aren't hard town reading them?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #283 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 278, Andante wrote:Your plan is just to push me? I'd love to hear more on how this plan plays out... like, you want to push me to get reads on... me? or reads on others? cause pushing me doesn't give reads on the others, and how do you identify which people you want to poke at?
ya you. by push i guess i mean more like poke at so i think i used the wrong word. as far as identifying what ppl im interested in sorting, its mostly just if someone says something that makes me go "oh, interesting, hm." i would consider myself more of a micro player so as far as large playerlists go, for me its just sort of a gradual process of getting everyone figured out in my head. so right now im prioritizing based on gut
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #284 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

idk man, saying "im not hard town reading X" "but X shouldn't be considered for elimination for the next day or 2." and it just seems sorta like talking out of both sides of your mouth

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #285 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I would be down to poke AD.

*poke poke poke*

Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #286 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:17 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

@Andante
If you actually read my posts carefully, I didn't say I was scumreading Scorpious. I said that they give off more of a confused vibe than a raw townvibe/scumvibe, and I want to think more about whether the confusion expressed is more likely to come from scum or town. It feels both you and Nero are reading what you want to read in my posts, rather than what's actually there.

And yes, I do want to give Magik a pass for today. I think it would be silly to elim someone who is actually contributing when an easy scum strategy in this playerlist is just the classic "kill the smart people". I'm saying they're town enough that I don't really want to eliminate them right now unless something major changes in the gamestate.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #287 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 283, hellbooks wrote:
In post 278, Andante wrote:Your plan is just to push me? I'd love to hear more on how this plan plays out... like, you want to push me to get reads on... me? or reads on others? cause pushing me doesn't give reads on the others, and how do you identify which people you want to poke at?
ya you. by push i guess i mean more like poke at so i think i used the wrong word. as far as identifying what ppl im interested in sorting, its mostly just if someone says something that makes me go "oh, interesting, hm." i would consider myself more of a micro player so as far as large playerlists go, for me its just sort of a gradual process of getting everyone figured out in my head. so right now im prioritizing based on gut
hmmm so gut has prioritized me to sort... ok.. well uhh could I get your thoughts on Tejate while you're thinking about who to sort?
In post 284, Nero Cain wrote:idk man, saying "im not hard town reading X" "but X shouldn't be considered for elimination for the next day or 2." and it just seems sorta like talking out of both sides of your mouth
Also don't forget wanting to give out D1/D2 passes 24 IRL hours into a game...

In post 285, Nero Cain wrote:I would be down to poke AD.

*poke poke poke*
Can I help you?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #288 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:19 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Who here wants to kill smart people? What are your other reads, if any?

Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #289 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:24 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I have to go to dinner, but I'll respond to Nero real quick. For one, while I haven't been here long, I have perused some of the completed games. And I have to say, I agree with the assessment a lot of people have already expressed that this playerlist has a lot of troll-y limbait players in it. Killing off smart town early and letting the limbait limbait would definitely be a good idea for scum.

As for other reads, how about I start with you two? You, I'm not sure on yet. I feel like your perspective is just as likely to come from town as it is to come from scum trying to get an easy mislim.

Andante, their reasoning is already setting off alarm bells in my head. I do not really appreciate this level of straight up ignoring context in order to push a wagon that already has several votes on it.
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #290 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by The Keeper »

In post 284, Nero Cain wrote:idk man, saying "im not hard town reading X" "but X shouldn't be considered for elimination for the next day or 2." and it just seems sorta like talking out of both sides of your mouth
It's almost like a Gaper trying to pin you down for the Multiboom to get you, wouldn't you say?
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #291 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 279, Nero Cain wrote:a lil' yeah. What has fire said was straight outta yer head?
and together form a larger block of matching thoughts, which I spoke more about in . is another.

So I guess mostly his questioning of Hell.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #292 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 290, The Keeper wrote:
It's almost like a Gaper trying to pin you down for the Multiboom to get you, wouldn't you say?
no, I have no clue what the hell you just said

Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #293 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:38 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

VOTE: The Keeper
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #294 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 1:41 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 286, Tejate Raichu wrote:
@Andante
If you actually read my posts carefully, I didn't say I was scumreading Scorpious. I said that they give off more of a confused vibe than a raw townvibe/scumvibe, and I want to think more about whether the confusion expressed is more likely to come from scum or town. It feels both you and Nero are reading what you want to read in my posts, rather than what's actually there.

And yes, I do want to give Magik a pass for today. I think it would be silly to elim someone who is actually contributing when an easy scum strategy in this playerlist is just the classic "kill the smart people". I'm saying they're town enough that I don't really want to eliminate them right now unless something major changes in the gamestate.
Nah I'm pretty sure I read your post, I just find it odd your focus is "I'm giving these people passes cause they had a strong start!" like, the start of the game is super easy for both alignments, I'd even argue there's been no major significantly towny reasons to TR people, so you going "Strong start from Magik! I'm not limming magik for 2 days!!" like, what happens if magik continues just existing? Like, I'm not arguing Magik hasn't had decent lines, but nothing I've seen thus far isn't easy to also do as maf.
In post 289, Tejate Raichu wrote:Andante, their reasoning is already setting off alarm bells in my head. I do not really appreciate this level of straight up ignoring context in order to push a wagon that already has several votes on it.
Alarm bells? cause I don't TR you? lol I'm not ignoring any context, I most definitely read, and you have other serious votes on you? I must've missed that, like to my knowledge, I'm the only one here with a super serious vote, backed up with exactly why I'm voting
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #295 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:42 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 280, Andante wrote:cause that sounds like playing to win...
just as fyi i get triggered when people say im gamethrowing/not playing to win.
so i would appreciate u not to do so.

ty
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #296 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by The Keeper »

In post 292, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 290, The Keeper wrote:
no, I have no clue what the hell you just said
You could just ask for a clarification.

An early potential associative should one flip red.
Buy them time, get their shots fired, then their optimal usage is discharged and then we're down to Fate.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #297 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

nero do u actually think toog is possible scum here or u just arguing with my initial logic that toog is never town just to be a contrarian.
cause ur point about toog being fluffy is really not holding any water here
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #298 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:46 pm

Post by Firebringer »

In post 297, Firebringer wrote:nero do u actually think toog is possible scum here or u just arguing with my initial logic that toog is never town just to be a contrarian.
cause ur point about toog being fluffy is really not holding any water here
toog is never scum*
Show

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #299 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Firebringer »

no it isn't. its saying i don't need to think about x for a day or two which is plenty fair given its a large theme.
Show

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”