Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #300 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Which one of those toog posts are content?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #301 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

if we are going to sit here and argue about if toog has done anything townie. then i declare u winner
i bet toog is town given pure gamblers fallacy. I have no game content to say im right. Though i kind of liked his post about me pocketing him, but i have to wince really hard to see it as +town
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #302 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by Firebringer »

also as another push back. I am not going to argue with u or anyone on why X is town. I am just gonna argue why ur points r shit if ur pushing someone scum i think are shit.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #303 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

tell us who is scum then o wise one
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #304 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by Firebringer »

i appreciate ur confidence in my ability. when scum appear i will let u know.
my only scum lean is hellbrooks so if u want to push someone i give u free pass there without me giving u any sass ;)
Show

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #305 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:04 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think using gamblers fallacy to town read someone is really really dumb.

Like I said it's been a while since I've played with him and it's possible he's just normally a fluffball but I tend to find that posting fluff in lieu of content is a fairly good indicator of a scum alignment.

momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #306 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:20 pm

Post by momo »

In post 215, Tejate Raichu wrote:Well, if you don't mind, I'm just gonna make extra sure we don't see sudden lolhammers.

UNVOTE: Firebringer

So far Scorpious is the first slot that has given me enough to consider, I feel like. So far I'm getting more of a confused than a strictly scum vibe, but I'll hold off before solidifying a day 1 read on them. Magik I'm still thinking about since I don't give out free townreads just on activity.
I don't like this. There's
nowhere NEAR
enough votes on Fire for a lolhammer to even somewhat be a concern. I don't want to get locked into a tunnel but Tejate is quite literally saying things just to say them based on how the posts make him look (easy "contribution" to appear towny and reasonable without actually doing anything). He's posting a lot, but how much of that is actually advancing the town.
In post 280, Andante wrote:
In post 219, Tejate Raichu wrote:Most of your posts have been related to game content. I don't need to necessarily know your meta or even like said posts to start formulating an opinion off of that. You and Magik are the ones I'm giving the most thought to right now for that reason.
like, yeah... what? this feels like scum SRing a partner, trying to bring in words like "meta" when like, no meta applies here... Scorp TRed Dwlee for a terrible reason, and not you're trying to use fancy words to make it seem like you have a different reason for your reads... like, just flat out say exactly what you're SRing??? not this "I need to think first, then formulate an opinion" ok, if you have no opinion, you just say nothing...
In post 245, Firebringer wrote:i intend to put some of my scumreads in non yeet pool for various reasons.
cause that sounds like playing to win...
In post 262, Tejate Raichu wrote:I'm not prepared to call Magik Townie McTownerson yet, but so far I think it would be in our best interest to give him a day 1 pass (stolen from morph the cat). Maybe a day 2 pass.
Why are you already proposing day1/day 2 passes?? like, just read people, propose a lim, go from there... like you can BET I'll be pushing a SR, and if someone is towny, they're getting a "pass" but it's not like I'm announcing official passes..

VOTE: Tejate Raichu
I think I'm putting my vote here for a while, he's not getting away that easily, probably my strongest SR here right now.
I like this.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #307 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Nero, I have a massive scum tell. Here it is...

If I am losing sleep at night because of a Mafia game, I am scum

You're welcome.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #308 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:29 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

Oh, and I am now considering finding a sleeping bag in momo's pocket. That last post was ++++++town.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #309 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:31 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

Was it?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #310 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

I lowkey hate Andante's posts but I'm not sure if that makes her scum.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #311 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:50 pm

In post 293, Save The Dragons wrote:VOTE: The Keeper
This looks like a serious vote. What's caught your eye?
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #312 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 3:58 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 311, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
I can’t tell if this is sarcasm… is it? The second is obviously a valid question..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #313 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:00 pm

No it wasn't sarcastic

Although looking at keeper's last post, i have a guess as to why std voted for them, but it's kind of a shitty reason.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #314 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:01 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 294, Andante wrote:
In post 286, Tejate Raichu wrote:
@Andante
If you actually read my posts carefully, I didn't say I was scumreading Scorpious. I said that they give off more of a confused vibe than a raw townvibe/scumvibe, and I want to think more about whether the confusion expressed is more likely to come from scum or town. It feels both you and Nero are reading what you want to read in my posts, rather than what's actually there.

And yes, I do want to give Magik a pass for today. I think it would be silly to elim someone who is actually contributing when an easy scum strategy in this playerlist is just the classic "kill the smart people". I'm saying they're town enough that I don't really want to eliminate them right now unless something major changes in the gamestate.
Nah I'm pretty sure I read your post, I just find it odd your focus is "I'm giving these people passes cause they had a strong start!" like, the start of the game is super easy for both alignments, I'd even argue there's been no major significantly towny reasons to TR people, so you going "Strong start from Magik! I'm not limming magik for 2 days!!" like, what happens if magik continues just existing? Like, I'm not arguing Magik hasn't had decent lines, but nothing I've seen thus far isn't easy to also do as maf.
I felt like this should have been fairly obvious, but I guess I need to clarify: unless there is a big change in gamestate or play from Magik, I don't see a reason to go full paranoia mode from the outset. They could certainly be scum, but I am comfortable not worrying about that possibility right now. If Magik is scum, we should have time to figure that out. It's a large theme and a lot of the players haven't posted yet.
In post 289, Tejate Raichu wrote:Andante, their reasoning is already setting off alarm bells in my head. I do not really appreciate this level of straight up ignoring context in order to push a wagon that already has several votes on it.
Alarm bells? cause I don't TR you? lol
Interesting thing to imply that I'm SRing you because you don't TR me. I have absolutely TR'd people that have scumread me, so no this isn't OMGUS. The issue is that I can't see where you are coming from if this is with a town mindset. Your posts do not smell of wrongtown, they smell of scum making their first push of the game on a viable looking wagon.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #315 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:02 pm

In post 313, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:No it wasn't sarcastic

Although looking at keeper's third to* last post, i have a guess as to why std voted for them, but it's kind of a shitty reason.
Fixed
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #316 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:22 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

You know what, let's just make it official since this is probably the first thing I've seen all game that I actually really don't like.

VOTE: Andante

Mutual scumreads 4 lyfe.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #317 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:24 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 314, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 289, Tejate Raichu wrote:Andante, their reasoning is already setting off alarm bells in my head. I do not really appreciate this level of straight up ignoring context in order to push a wagon that already has several votes on it.
Alarm bells? cause I don't TR you? lol
Interesting thing to imply that I'm SRing you because you don't TR me. I have absolutely TR'd people that have scumread me, so no this isn't OMGUS. The issue is that I can't see where you are coming from if this is with a town mindset. Your posts do not smell of wrongtown, they smell of scum making their first push of the game on a viable looking wagon.
Can you point me to a couple posts that give you this sort of feeling?
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #318 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:31 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

280, feels very much like they're searching for reasons to hop onto my wagon where they don't realistically need that many. As if they're trying to build a strong case against me so they can push me as the main wagon later in the day.

287, subtle shade without actually trying to engage my slot. I don't think asking for thoughts on other players is very unusual or particularly scummy, but the way it's phrased in this post just has some ineffable bad energy about it for me. It feels agenda driven rather than earnest.
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #319 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:40 pm

Post by Dwlee99 »

@Andante

Don't think too hard on my magik townread. They're giving me town vibes and at this point I think I want to disinclude them from my mental space of like "hard analyze these posts cause it's necessary" to save on some compute.

Now I think that Nero's post here:
In post 224, Nero Cain wrote:Are you normally this funny, toog?
Is actually getting onto something but it seems like it was kind of brushed over? Some players (imaginality comes to mind, at least, according to Datisi), end up playing scum in a way that is more lighthearted(?) if that's the word for it, I think this is actually a decent lead rn

VOTE: Toogeloo

No, I haven't forgotten about Scorpius btw
I prefer they, thanks :)
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #320 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Actually, thinking it over, maybe it became a bit more effable. This was in response to hellbooks suggesting they wanted to sort Andante. It feels like the purpose of the first bit of 287 was to try and push that thinking more onto my slot. I don't really see much real non-meming Andante/hellbooks interaction outside of this, so it kinda set me off that hellbooks specifically was asked for their opinion on me. By the person hellbooks stated they had intent to sort over others.
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary

Protection unnecessary

Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #321 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Save The Dragons »

In post 311, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
Bad vibes. Let's see some conetent.
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #322 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:18 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 320, Tejate Raichu wrote:Actually, thinking it over, maybe it became a bit more effable. This was in response to hellbooks suggesting they wanted to sort Andante. It feels like the purpose of the first bit of 287 was to try and push that thinking more onto my slot. I don't really see much real non-meming Andante/hellbooks interaction outside of this, so it kinda set me off that hellbooks specifically was asked for their opinion on me. By the person hellbooks stated they had intent to sort over others.
Yeah, I asked hellbooks, cause that will help 2 things. 1- It will help me sort hellbooks and 2- it gives me another perspective on your slot.
I'm not understanding why it'd set you off that I'm asking someone else for thoughts on you. Isn't it a good thing I'm looking for other opinions? If hellbooks comes back with "Nah fam I TR Tejate" they'll tell me why, and it helps me sort you. Why is it bad to get other opinions on your slot?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #323 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:21 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 318, Tejate Raichu wrote:280, feels very much like they're searching for reasons to hop onto my wagon where they don't realistically need that many. As if they're trying to build a strong case against me so they can push me as the main wagon later in the day.

287, subtle shade without actually trying to engage my slot. I don't think asking for thoughts on other players is very unusual or particularly scummy, but the way it's phrased in this post just has some ineffable bad energy about it for me. It feels agenda driven rather than earnest.
If they were trying to set up a wagon for later, why start pushing you now instead of, you know, later? If it was just shade I could maybe see it being a setup for future use, but not when they throw their vote down so quickly and then continue to push it through. That narrative doesn't fit so well.

The shade in 287 is pretty bad though. Does Andante have utterly no thoughts on me to write off the idea so quickly? (the answer is no, he admits to "liking my lines" in .) It's rather self evident that they took the whole "day pass" thing as scummier than most others, and maybe I've got a little bit of a bias here, but it really feels like he stuck to the surface level and doesn't believe that anyone else could read me as more town than he thinks, or at least not enough to look past me for a little while?

I dunno, the motivations here are murky.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #324 (ISO) » Tue Feb 22, 2022 5:24 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Like, if Andante has an agenda, I don't think "he's saving me to kill later" is it.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”