Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 499, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 489, Tejate Raichu wrote:Scorpious I'd go with a cautious town-lean on
wait what's townie about Scorpious?
Call it gut. I said I was going to consider them, and I did. I think their early confusion and general posts after that point are a bit more likely to come from town than not, from general demeanor. It's hard to put into words, but I feel like what they're doing with their posts is a bit hard to fake accurately.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:33 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Scorpius is relaxed, that's for certain. What sort of confusion were you seeing though?

Also sort of against their "I'm down to policy elim" post too, partially on principle partially because there really wasn't any reason to bring it up that early in the day. Kinda feels like planting the seed in our heads.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:37 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 492, Tejate Raichu wrote:Sa'll good, I almost thought I did slip. I've been trying to get better at it, my brain is still hard wired to assume he/him.

Okay this is an honest statement. Prolly NAI but I do have empathy for Tejate here. As I type this it really doesn't make me want to unvote, but I get it.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:39 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I mean that wasn't really a game related statement, so understandable. On both counts.

@Magick
Confusion might not be the right word, but I remember it was something I saw very early on. Around pages 7-9, a lot of questions being thrown around at other players from Scorpious. I was trying to force myself to think about whether or not the line of thinking he was having very early on was more consistent with scum play or town play, and I came to the conclusion that it's a bit more consistent with what I'd expect from a townie.
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:46 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

I just realized...

This game is called InFernal Affairs. I legit have been thinking it was called InTernal Affairs.

I don't really want to Lim anyone right now, I like all the posters. Would it be sus of me to want to vote Frozen Angel?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:49 pm

Post by Galron »

Yes, it would.

VOTE: Frozen Angel
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

I don't get the same vibes you do looking closer at that. It's not even close to being hard to fake, and many of those questions were fairly basic "what does this mean" sorts of asks. Then we get to the cantina music thing and it just becomes fluff for a while.

Did anything from that section stand out more than just "he asked a few simple questions"?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:51 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

@Tejate

Forgot to quote the post, bleh.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 5:59 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I'd say you'd pretty much right on that, though I guess you didn't see the same thing I did. I'm kind of struggling to really put it into words, but yes it was more the way his early game was rather than a specific post. It felt very natural to me, and too consistent to feel like something scum would try to do just to get townread for. I'm fairly sure scum could easily fake one or two posts like that, but keeping up what I'm seeing over an extended period like what I've observed is what I think would be difficult.

I'm usually a fair bit more confident in my D1 TRs than SRs, so if Scorpious is scum clearly I need more vigi practice.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:03 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 508, Tejate Raichu wrote:I'd say you'd pretty much right on that, though I guess you didn't see the same thing I did. I'm kind of struggling to really put it into words, but yes it was more the way his early game was rather than a specific post. It felt very natural to me, and too consistent to feel like something scum would try to do just to get townread for. I'm fairly sure scum could easily fake one or two posts like that, but keeping up what I'm seeing over an extended period like what I've observed is what I think would be difficult.

I'm usually a fair bit more confident in my D1 TRs than SRs, so if Scorpious is scum clearly I need more vigi practice.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Oh, to clarify that wasn't a claim. I mentioned this in another game, I practice my reads by scrolling vigi in ToS.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:07 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

what the hell is scrolling vigi?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:08 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I'll keep this quick since it has nothing to do with the game. ToS has a feature called scrolls which gives you a higher chance of getting that role (assuming it's in the list). i.e. I go for a higher chance at getting vig and then do a little shooting practice.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Tejate and I first met because we watch the same Town of Salem streamer, Pipetron, and were both in his Discord chat. I'm decently familiar with the terminology because of that, though lately I've been scrolling Surv and Pirate in ToS. Pirate is fun.

In fact, we mutually agreed to join this game on the Pipetron Discord. Doesn't mean I'm not gonna look at him the same as any other player or pull any punches, and as per the site rules all game related chat will be in the main game thread as normal.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Yeah, I didn't think it was worth mentioning until I realized that could probably be taken as a claim out of context. But yes, the above is true.
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:17 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 505, Galron wrote:Yes, it would.

VOTE: Frozen Angel
This shtick is getting old

Not to mention, hopping off a wagon on someone you scumread is pretty bad when we should be forming wagons
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I'd be down to form a wagon on fire
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:25 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

I don't see the points against Fire. If anything I'd believe him to be a player that's easier to read later down the line anyways.
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: They/Them Fae/Faer

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:30 pm

Post by The Keeper »

In post 407, Firebringer wrote:I don't like how ur hiding behind a gimmick.
In post 409, Firebringer wrote:Also ur posting is like literally not cogent to understand a mindset which is even worse than using a gimmick, because ur making this a guessing game of what the hell r u trying to say or get at with ur posts.

But gimmick usage to hide intentions is good enough for a good push.
If I mention an item, there's usually an obvious thing there.

If I mention an enemy, say a gaper, it's like I'm calling scum.

Like any gimmick, learn to cut the character and you find the content.
Failing that, just freaking ask...
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:33 pm

Post by The Keeper »

In post 435, Firebringer wrote:i found in mafia anytime someone is overusing gimmicks it just means they are scum.
I tend to do this style more on MU admittedly... where I have a disproportionate amount of scum games...
One penny... two pennies... three pennies... OO A NICKEL! Now I can get More Options!!
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:38 pm

Post by The Keeper »

In post 456, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 454, Firebringer wrote:So u 100% think that keeper intended to play this game without giving any thoughts and just gimmick post instead of use gimmick as a way to deliver those thoughts in unique style.
p much. they even said so.

Never said I wouldn't take a Penny for my thoughts ;)
I will share thoughts.

Just don't expect paragraphs.

This alone is probably in the larger end of the post size you can expect.

Nero gets a chance to visit the Angel Room, as does the Pony.
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:42 pm

Post by The Keeper »

In post 468, Tejate Raichu wrote:... I misread the thread.

UNVOTE:
You made a good effort, you tried the 1 Minute Basement 1 and got tripped.
This post may have recovered some angel chance for you.
The Keeper
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
The Keeper
They/Them Fae/Faer
Goon
Goon

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:46 pm

Post by The Keeper »

In post 489, Tejate Raichu wrote:
In post 484, MagikHorse wrote:Tejate, do you have any reads you'd commit to at all? Like hot dang, you're being super noncommittal all over the place.
I tend to be this early in the game. Most people always crawl into or around my null slot day 1 unless I feel super confident on them.

That being said, I'd say momo seems at least a little townie. CSF and Scorpious I'd go with a cautious town-lean on. Keeper I need to see more content for but so far I don't like the look of this slot. Andante is still my main SR at the moment, though I find this Nero thing a bit weird. The Keeper thing, not the part where I accused him of something he didn't do because I'm illiterate.
One dollar.

I was really hoping I wouldn't need to pull this one, sigh, post ignored and dollar counted. Apology a little later noted.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:52 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

The he was directed at Nero, though I can see the confusion with how I phrased it.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Wed Feb 23, 2022 6:56 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

As in, the Keeper thing (in which I felt Nero had defended your slot) was off to me. Not the part where I accused him (Nero) of voting for Fire, which he actually didn't.

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”