Dance of the Title Thread: Resurgence in wild?

A subforum entirely dedicated to the discussion of titles. The title fairy has carte blanche in this subforum.
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4075 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:41 am

Post by Jingle »

In post 4073, Silverclaw wrote:
In post 4072, Nero Cain wrote:antinom? I suspect he'll want to just keep his original title
Unless you've talked to Cabd directly, what you think he'll choose isn't what he will choose. Besides, we've had plenty of other titles for one-off events. The rest of your stuff if fie, but "I think he'll do this" doesn't count as a point.

For the sake of letting Cabd choose.
Nth
In post 4074, fferyllt wrote:
Nom Cabd for Quicktopic Sniper

As well as the one off, this captures one of Cabd's strongest attributes as a player, especially his scum game.

He can brutally abuse neighborhoods like nobody's business. I can provide receipts going all the way back to 2013 for those who have never had the experience of being neighbors with him.
Nth both.

Also, we in the office of pedantic assery would like to comment that it is entirely possible that a guess as to what someone will choose can be accurate even if founded on absolutely nothing.
This is a Parachute.
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: She

Post Post #4076 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 12:35 pm

Post by Cook »

Nth QT Sniper
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//
Silverclaw
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Silverclaw
He/They
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He/They

Post Post #4077 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 2:53 pm

Post by Silverclaw »

In post 4075, Jingle wrote:Also, we in the office of pedantic assery would like to comment that it is entirely possible that a guess as to what someone will choose can be accurate even if founded on absolutely nothing.
Absolutely! But to use it as logic for an antinom is totally unfair.
Formerly animorpherv1.
rgqxi is your answer

mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #4078 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:34 pm

Post by mastina »

(I like the Cabd title discussion but wanna give it another 24-72 hours before moving forward with something, since the discussion is still young)
RH9
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
RH9
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4079 (ISO) » Wed Dec 01, 2021 7:37 pm

Post by RH9 »

In post 4075, Jingle wrote:
In post 4073, Silverclaw wrote:
In post 4072, Nero Cain wrote:antinom? I suspect he'll want to just keep his original title
Unless you've talked to Cabd directly, what you think he'll choose isn't what he will choose. Besides, we've had plenty of other titles for one-off events. The rest of your stuff if fie, but "I think he'll do this" doesn't count as a point.

For the sake of letting Cabd choose.
Nth

As well as the one off, this captures one of Cabd's strongest attributes as a player, especially his scum game.

He can brutally abuse neighborhoods like nobody's business. I can provide receipts going all the way back to 2013 for those who have never had the experience of being neighbors with him.
Nth both.

Also, we in the office of pedantic assery would like to comment that it is entirely possible that a guess as to what someone will choose can be accurate even if founded on absolutely nothing.
Nth both too.
GTKAS: 2022, 2024

v/la every weekend

indefinite hiatus from mafia solo
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4080 (ISO) » Thu Dec 02, 2021 12:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 4077, Silverclaw wrote:
In post 4075, Jingle wrote:Also, we in the office of pedantic assery would like to comment that it is entirely possible that a guess as to what someone will choose can be accurate even if founded on absolutely nothing.
Absolutely! But to use it as logic for an antinom is totally unfair.
I didn't even bold it and even suggested that he gets to pick...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #4081 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:17 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Nominate Morph the Cat for Sync Achieved

When this hydra achieves read sync, the results are scary. Like a puzzle clicking into place, their solves are the stuff of legend.
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4082 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 4:31 pm

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4081, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

When this hydra achieves read sync, the results are scary. Like a puzzle clicking into place, their solves are the stuff of legend.
+1
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #4083 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:05 pm

Post by hellbooks »

intentionally not suggestifying the idea of "drift compatible" but i think it would make a theoreitcal fun title. never seen the movie or whatever
get a gtkas thread here
we're on each others teams
Jingle
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
Jingle
For Whom the Bell Trolls
For Whom the Bell Trolls

Post Post #4084 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 6:39 pm

Post by Jingle »

Sum of the Parts?

I'd argue that in most cases a hydra is actually significantly less scary than the two individuals that make it up, but that cabd/ffery is just as scary as cabd and ffery to play against.

Also, reversal of a common phrase.
This is a Parachute.
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4085 (ISO) » Sun Dec 05, 2021 8:57 pm

Post by mastina »

(need more morph the cat discussion;
For Cabd, will be tackling this probably tomorrow)
Flea The Magician
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Flea The Magician
Fae/Faer
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: Fae/Faer

Post Post #4086 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 3:49 am

Post by Flea The Magician »

Nth, Sync Achieved

I kinda want to try and think of something that fits around unstoppae force meeting an immovable object.

And yeah while both players individually are scary the combined force is genuinely freaky scary
Lukewarm
Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Lukewarm
Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Paragon of Mafia Hunters

Post Post #4087 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 8:18 am

Post by Lukewarm »

In post 4082, Lukewarm wrote:
In post 4081, PookyTheMagicalBear wrote:

+1
I have played with Morph and with Town Cabd + Town Ffery. I believe that morph is scarier. When they are not in the hydra, they do a long form song and dance without every really trusting the other. The two of them being able to work together without paranoia on the other one is where it gets scary imo.

They talk in their hydra chat, achieve synch, and then drop a full reads list for a large game with ever single scum (I saw this in a game with 7 scum) in the scum reads and leans. Pooly referenced NQN Multiball, and in that game they identifying all seven scum day 1 with their synched read list.
notscience
notscience
Survivor
notscience
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #4088 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 1:46 pm

Post by notscience »

Nthing morph
Show
STRIKE HARD

STRIKE FAST

NO MERCY
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4089 (ISO) » Mon Dec 06, 2021 9:12 pm

Post by mastina »

In post 4067, Ythan wrote:
It Belongs in a Museum!
For the record: I really like this one as it captures a lot of aspects of Cabd, from his current title to his current work to his contributions and so on and so forth as well as the other references mentioned.

This one I will need more convincing on before moving forward on it.

Normally, when I have two title suggestions to offer, I'd offer them to the individual at the same time, but I'm the title fairy, it's my thread, so I'll break from the norm and do what I think is best here;
I'll immediately go:
48 hours
on
It Belongs in a Museum!
for
Cabd
;
(expired on 2021-12-09 04:12:50)

For Quicktopic Sniper, I want more talk there, discussion, could use the promised proof to tell if it's good, and if I like what I see and am convinced, I'll go 48 hours on
that
one, too.

In regards to Cabd's hydra nomination of Morph the Cat, I think I want a little extra time, but will similarly be moving forward.

I think that they do deserve a title. I'm not sure Synch Achieved is the best title, but I'm not going to let perfect be the enemy of good. I will however give it a longer timer to allow for more discussion and the potential for even better titles to emerge:

96 hours
on
Synch Achieved
for
Morph the Cat
;
(expired on 2021-12-11 04:12:50).
Cabd
Cabd
QT Sniper
Cabd
QT Sniper
QT Sniper

Post Post #4090 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 6:49 am

Post by Cabd »

Staying out of it except to mention that I unfortunately don't like the museum one and would rather keep my current one if that's the alternative.
Currently in COVID hell, population: Entire Household
fferyllt
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
fferyllt
Titan of Trajectory
Titan of Trajectory

Post Post #4091 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:21 am

Post by fferyllt »

In post 4089, mastina wrote:could use the promised proof to tell if it's good
I didn't promise receipts. I indicated I could provide them if needed. So here they are.

[Access Code 1461] Paradox Prime: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=29264

I believe this is the first game where Cabd did neighborhood shenanigans.

On Day 3 of this game, Sixty, the famed Tierce/Vi hydra used their when-dead ability to create a neighborhood with a living player on Syryana and my hydra, Rift Adrift. The neighborhood lasted until the end of Day 3. And Rift died on Night 3.

On Day 4, Cabd's hydra, MC Maraca, claimed an entirely fictional neighborhood with dead-Sixty and made various claims about what he was learning from them via the nonexistent seance neighborhood. I don't think anyone alive questioned the existence of that hood. Cabd was lying through his teeth as town. Something he did several times in that game: faking an inno on Rift on Day 3 when we were the default elim for the day, the fictional hood, and finally by fake-claiming 3rd Party survivor in ELO, offering to give scum the co-win, and getting the final scumplayer to claim scum. This game was the shape of things to come for Cabd. Gambiting as town, faking results, and abusing the very concept of neighborhoods.

The Xenologue Mini gave Morph the Cat, my hydra with Cabd more than one opportunity to abuse more than one neighborhood as scum. Cabd got right to work: We neighborized Purpkin (Bork/Mara hydra) on day 1 and Cabd set about influencing their concept of the gamestate AND trying to shape their night actions in a role madness uPick game. We nightkilled Oil Tycoons (Nacho/Syryana). They DIDN'T DIE! Our biggest threat didn't die until the end of Day 2. AND THEN, they neighborized us and gave us an extra vote on Day 3. Many of the players knew Nacho well enough to ask him questions, have us convey the answers, and be able to tell if we were making shit up or not being completely up front with his answers.

My job was to be as town as I could possibly be in the neighborhood so that Nacho's answers conveyed implicit trust in us (which was a tall assignment for me). Cabd's job was to influence their concept of the game such that they were suspicious of the right townies to advance the scum wincon into eventual MELO. Mission accomplished.

Mafia Pinnipedum: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=34898

walked into a club, Cabd's hydra with Malakittens, KanyeKnowsBest, and Selkies (my hydra) were the scum team in this game, and we were up against a really strong town. All the scum players were joats and one of the abilities we had was to neighborize another player. The way the game was constructed, We would flip with only the joat abilities that we used. My hydra was by far the weakest one, so as a team we decided that I wouldn't neighborize anyone, so as not to cast suspicions on the hoods that the stronger scum would form. Kanye neighborized LLD and Cabd's hydra neighborized (gasp) penguin_alien, who was a mason with Kazekirimaru. He was so convincingly town in that hood that PA was willing to claim he was a third mason. And she died before getting the chance to correct the record. PA intimated there was a third mason here. and here and then in this post revealed that the "third mason" was Cabd's hydra. That was a helluva game.

------ Here ends the era of the Quicktopic Hoods------

In this game, neighborhoods were a big feature of the design. On Night 1, town-Flavor Leaf created a neighborhood with town-Cabd, and they set about gamesolving. Before the hood closed at the end of Night 1, they worked out a detailed code for communicated night action results and which of their plans they would execute on Day 2. And then a cop crumb happened. They seamlessly gambited to bury the crumb and fake claim a guilty on the same player. That worked beautifully in all respects.

On Night 3 Flavor Leaf once again targeted Cabd (he commuted Cabd and crashed any neighborhoods Cabd was in), and Bell targeted Cabd to form a neighborhood with all three of them. More deep plotting commenced. Cabd was able to use his Amnesiac Cop ability thanks to Bell targeting him, and Bell received the cop results. And of those three, scum chose to eliminate Flavor Leaf, resulting in the best possible outcome for that neighborhood if one of them had to die.

Tenet: too many game threads to link and this one is in recent memory

Cabd's hydra with Cephrir, Dandelion Wine (truly a scum hydra to fear) had access to two neighborhoods in this game. On Night 1 in the Purple Room, he completely snowed Deacon Blues (my hydra with Bork) and Nacho and Tammy's hydra, Imperium. The second neighborhood was a creation by Dunnstral, who neighborized Dandelion Wine on Night 1 and my hydra on Night 2. Bork and I eventually threw off the misty glamour and saw through Dandelion Wine but it was far, far, too late to change that games crushing outcome of a perfect scum win. As well as the neighborhood play in this game, Cabd used the scum discord to organize his team, crumbs and tells, and maintain top notch morale throughout the game. Sadly, only glimpses of this Discord are publicly available, but what I've seen scares me. Scum Discords are too stronk in the hands of scum players of Cabd's and LLD's caliber.

Tarot uPick: The Deviant Moon edition: viewtopic.php?f=54&t=87040

In this game, Cabd was both a neighborizor and a neighborizee. After a three hour Day 1 that resulted in the blindingly fast elimination of a scum player, he nieighborized another scum player on Night 1. From their conversations, he confirmed his suspicion that they were scum, and through some socially-engineered Q&A, got the scum player to unknowingly reveal their partner via their reads list. The scum team was killing him that night, and their conversation was more unguarded than prudent beause they didn't intend him to see the light of Day 2.

Enter the second neighborhood: Pooky compulsively created a neighborhood with Cabd that also had the effect of loverizing them. Cabd was able to share the info that came to light in his hood with scum, but oh my...this info would surely be lost to town. Right?

Wrong. As well as compulsively creating a lover-neighborhood with Cabd, pooky's role allowed him to create a neighborhood with a living player on the day of his death, but at the cost of a delayed flip. Pooky neighborized Annie Edison (notscience and The Bulge hydra), and Cabd's information from his neighborhood with scum made it into the Day 2 game thread. I think town would have won this game based on their day play, but those two neighborhoods and Cabd's virtuoso ability to use them was a decisive factor in the game ending on Day 3.

Other MS players probably have their own tales, both triumphant and crushed, to tell about Cabd and neighborhoods. These are the ones that stand to me, and demonstrate he's basically unmatched at taking advantage of neighboorhoods as all alignments.

Regarding Quicktopic Sniper vs QT Sniper. Syr pointed out to me today that QT Sniper also catches Cabd's avatars. He's used Medea avatars almost exclusively since joining MS, and as Syr puts it, "quicktopic reference AND sly aside to the fact he always has some cutesy anime girl as his avatar"

Last edited by fferyllt on Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Amid the pressure of great events, a general principle gives no help.

Idic
borkjerfkin
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
borkjerfkin
He/Him
Xenophile
Xenophile
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4092 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:23 am

Post by borkjerfkin »

In post 4089, mastina wrote:Synch Achieved
I think they spell it "Sync"
beefycheese
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #4093 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:30 am

Post by Cephrir »

sync also appears to be the more accepted spelling in general
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Aristophanes
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Aristophanes
He/Him
Mr. Blue Sky
Mr. Blue Sky
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #4094 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:40 am

Post by Aristophanes »

Okay but...

Syncing Feeling
is a fantastic alternative
Half meme, Half real, All Aristophanes ;)
- Jingle
Ari has appeared way too competent for me to even pretend to know what they're thinking
- MooseEatsBear on discord mafia
it wouldn’t be an ari sig unless it takes up half the screen on mobile - Vonflare
Ythan
Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Ythan
She
Welcome to the Haystack

Welcome to the Haystack

Post Post #4095 (ISO) » Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:46 am

Post by Ythan »

Oman
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
Oman
NK Immune Miller Vig
NK Immune Miller Vig

Post Post #4096 (ISO) » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:25 pm

Post by Oman »

Just wanted to pop in here and be all stoked that the title fairy is still going hard :)
It's unfortunate that good oral sex excuses bad chemistry. - Korts
mastina
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
mastina
She/Her
False Prophet
False Prophet

Post Post #4097 (ISO) » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:54 am

Post by mastina »

In post 4096, Oman wrote:Just wanted to pop in here and be all stoked that the title fairy is still going hard :)
(speaking of which, titles stuff will be done later tonight)
Lady Lambdadelta
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Lady Lambdadelta
She/Faer
Rise of the Phoenix
Rise of the Phoenix
Pronoun: She/Faer

Post Post #4098 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 7:02 am

Post by Lady Lambdadelta »

I need a change from Nekoconfidante.

When I last changed my title from
Cat in a Rage
to
Nekoconfidante
it was because I needed to step away from my Rage.

Now, the Cat aspect is something I have left behind. My system no longer uses Lexi or Cat in any aspect, and we need a change.

No idea what kind of change, but we just... Do.
Yes my Lord, but questions are dangerous, for they have answers.

13 heads and counting now, plurality is adaptive. If our experience might help you,
click here
If you wish to
speak to one of us
, we are Niamh, Rhiannon, Rhea, Aisling, Saoirse, Selene, Aoife, Fírinne, Aurélie, Lyra, Airna, Fiadh and Laoise.
Soar on wings of retribution and set the world ablaze
Cook
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Cook
She
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #4099 (ISO) » Thu Feb 24, 2022 9:32 am

Post by Cook »

neither rage nor cat-related?
Your friendly neighborhood chef and baker. LONG LIVE THE CHEFHAT REBELLION!
"If Mafia game not filling, you have not enough hostages" — Enchant //
"ya true if you don't play mafia you are probably winning" – Alisae

Inventor of 3d20 //
Successful Rebellion Leader//

Return to “Player Titles”