Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #575 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 570, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 563, Aristeia wrote:except he's the one who initiated the conversation and when I turned it around on him and accused him of not having reads and pushing me in bad faith and his response was "lol" and then he disappeared from the thread.
That's so malicious. You keep coming back to this argument like closing this game to live my life is the scummiest thing ever.

It's far more likely you're scum panicking rather than town who actually believes I'm scum who made up reads.

If you're town who believes I made up reads I think you press me there.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #576 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 335, fua wrote:If you’re town your goal is to not be voted for.
no
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #577 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Yeet »

Humaneatingmonkey is +town because I have never seen scum ask town to blanketly explain every single one of their 10+ reads off a casual readslist as their first entry into the game. I think it's easy to feel too self conscious as scum in that approach.

I think he has his own "method to his madness" so to speak (as we all do, to an extent).
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #578 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

In post 575, Aristeia wrote:If you're town who believes I made up reads I think you press me there.
I'm still pressing you now.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #579 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 562, humaneatingmonkey wrote:this is blatant framing. there isn't an easy prescribed behavior for how town or scum should react on a bullshit readlist. a town can easy question a readslist because it's an easy thing to get reads on.
what about the read list made you question it? i feel like that is a simple question that is at the crux of this debate and you still haven't given an answer to it
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #580 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 578, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 575, Aristeia wrote:If you're town who believes I made up reads I think you press me there.
I'm still pressing you now.
I feel so much pressure from someone who has no reads and decided to hide from me.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #581 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:08 pm

In post 579, fireisredsir wrote:what about the read list made you question it? i feel like that is a simple question that is at the crux of this debate and you still haven't given an answer to it
that she felt confident enough to have reads that early and that didn't seem possible to me because nothing was alignment indicative at that point. that's why i asked her to explain her POV.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #582 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 559, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 520, Yeet wrote:I would like to know why you think Nero Cain is town.
Are you scum reading me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #583 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:08 pm

In post 580, Aristeia wrote:I feel so much pressure from someone who has no reads and decided to hide from me.
Again, so malicious.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: any

Post Post #584 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:09 pm

Post by tenebrousluminary »

In post 569, Aristeia wrote:all of them is not an acceptable response to me as it shows me he has no reads of his own to compare my reads to.
Why can't it show that he genuinely was just trying to firm up his read on you? I asked Save The Dragons a similar question myself for a similar reason.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #585 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Yeet »

The more I think about it, the more I just don't think scum HEM would decide to enter going guns blazing at Aristeia, of all people, who seems to be reacting to this in a very OMGUSy way (not that it's scum indicative). I assume there is history between the two from what I have read, and I would never as scum just attack someone like that flippantly who I know has a high chance of OMGUSing back at me.

I just don't see the scum motivation here.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #586 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 523, VP Baltar wrote:I just finished reading through page 10, so I'm still in catch up. Here is kind of what I have for reads out of that so far:

Town:
Frogsterking
- early attack on Yeet over game delay is tinfoil I'd expect from town FK
Yeet
- wild noob read after wild noob read. Somewhat question if Yeet is not an alt though, in which case maybe this means nothing.
fireisredsir
- has independent thought, calling out post 116 as bad is good. Also seems to not mind poking people, which I appreciate.
skitter30
- Kind of like their pressure on Datisi, but think the over defense of tenesbro is unwarranted. This is probably closer to a null read than a townread in terms of confidence, but I like that she is mixing it up.
Cape90
- probably town for finding frogster town and asking pretty open questions.
Ari
- I like her pressure and vote on monkey when he was being kind of ridiculous.

Null:
DeasVail
- commenting, but not doing a ton. Maybe lean townish.

Scum:
fua
- I find the hard scum read of tenesbro a little contrived, and possibly piling on to a popular opinion in thread.
monkey
- The whole intereaction with ari looks like monkey got over confident with a poke and couldn't explain the position.
Town lean on VP. I don't care about what reads he has here, but he took the time to explain them which I don't think scum would do at this point given that many players are posting read lists that are not explained at all.

So.. Nero atop then VP then everyone else
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #587 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:10 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 584, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 569, Aristeia wrote:all of them is not an acceptable response to me as it shows me he has no reads of his own to compare my reads to.
Why can't it show that he genuinely was just trying to firm up his read on you? I asked Save The Dragons a similar question myself for a similar reason.
because him not having a read that he's interested in shows me that he's not actually sorting people.

the idea of talking reads out is that
you have reads yourself that you want to talk about
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #588 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Yeet »

[quote="In post 582, Nero Cain"][/quote]
I haven't really looked much at your slot, but skimming you I didn't get a positive vibe at least. I wouldn't say scumreading you but you're like maybe slightly below null for me. I'll revisit you later.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #589 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I think scum HEM could certainly OMGUS Ari
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #590 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 346, Datisi wrote:like, what's your idea here? that scum!me panicked, made a random vote that i had no idea how to justify because i thought i wouldn't get asked about it?? then when, surprise, did get asked about it, i only then started thinking about a justification?? like you know better than this...
I don't think that's an unreasonable argument for skitter to make fwiw. Something of that nature is much more likely to happen in pages 2-3 than it is to happen in pages 52-53.

Not sure I fully agree it makes you scum here, but I don't think skitter is being that unreasonable because your vote did seem a little BS in its level of certitude.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #591 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:11 pm

Post by Aristeia »

it's like showing up to a study group and you haven't done any of the work and you ask your teammate to check her answers to see if she's doing it right.

it's nonsensical and bad faith.
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #592 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:11 pm

In post 583, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 580, Aristeia wrote:I feel so much pressure from someone who has no reads and decided to hide from me.
Again, so malicious.
I have to admit, it does read that way. She might as well have called you a pleb.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #593 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:12 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 585, Yeet wrote:The more I think about it, the more I just don't think scum HEM would decide to enter going guns blazing at Aristeia, of all people, who seems to be reacting to this in a very OMGUSy way (not that it's scum indicative). I assume there is history between the two from what I have read, and I would never as scum just attack someone like that flippantly who I know has a high chance of OMGUSing back at me.

what would scum HEM do? lay down and let me kill him?
tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #594 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:12 pm

In post 585, Yeet wrote:The more I think about it, the more I just don't think scum HEM would decide to enter going guns blazing at Aristeia, of all people, who seems to be reacting to this in a very OMGUSy way (not that it's scum indicative). I assume there is history between the two from what I have read, and I would never as scum just attack someone like that flippantly who I know has a high chance of OMGUSing back at me.

I also don't think he would have admitted to having no reads. That was self-defeating in terms of the argument.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #595 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 560, Eyes without a face wrote:
In post 520, Yeet wrote:I would like to know why you think Nero Cain is town.
Town Nero is aggressive and stingy. Scum Nero is nice and gentle. Simple. :lol:
I'm going to come back to this; the way this was worded makes me feel like there's an alignment tell for eyes here.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #596 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

VOTE: Yeet

only time I'll say this stupid word

tenebrousluminary
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
tenebrousluminary
any
Goon
Goon

Post Post #597 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:13 pm

In post 587, Aristeia wrote:
In post 584, tenebrousluminary wrote:
because him not having a read that he's interested in shows me that he's not actually sorting people.

the idea of talking reads out is that
you have reads yourself that you want to talk about
We clearly just don't agree about this. I believe that you believe it.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #598 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 527, DeasVail wrote:
In post 515, Eyes without a face wrote:
In post 288, Nero Cain wrote:I am tentatively at

humaneatingmonkey
GeneralWu

so the other 2 scum are in

Scorpious
Save The Dragons
MalcolmTucker
skitter30
Eyes without a face
Nordom
This sounds more like the town nero I know. Nothing solid yet but a town lean. :lol:
So a readslist on Page 12 is a lot different from a readslist on Page 8?
No. But one time it's the other person's fault. Two times it's probably mine.
Aristeia
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Aristeia
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #599 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Aristeia »

In post 594, tenebrousluminary wrote:

I also don't think he would have admitted to having no reads. That was self-defeating in terms of the argument.
Why does a town player have no reads on page 24?

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”