Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: He

Post Post #675 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by Nordom »

I wasn't trying to bait Nero with "Oh gee, well you answered my question, but why did you answer it?". I was trying to gauge how he would respond to it. Maybe it's a difference in playstyles, but as town I wouldn't go "Hey, I'm voting you for pressure".

Whatever. I've gotten bored with this line of discussion. I will say if I was scum-reading Nero for it, I would have just voted him at this point.
Nordom, are you speaking to your crossbows?
Negatory.
Oh, that's a relief. I thought that-
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #676 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:34 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 535, Yeet wrote:
In post 523, VP Baltar wrote:Yeet - wild noob read after wild noob read. Somewhat question if Yeet is not an alt though, in which case maybe this means nothing.
I am not sure what this entire sentence means.

I am alt of an account that I would prefer not to disclose. I have played a few games on this site. I don't believe I've played with anyone here, unless I one of them is/has an alt that I played with.
It means I think your takes on the games so far are kind of bad, but also wholesome and I don't think you are scum.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #677 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:45 pm

Post by Nordom »

How has Yeet's takes been bad? His TvT with Ari and Monkey read was good.
Negatory.
I am not speaking to them, I am listening to them. They were submitting queries as to when they will get to shoot something.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #678 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:47 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 568, fua wrote:
In post 544, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 258, tenebrousluminary wrote:
In post 248, fua wrote:I scumread Tenebro hard based on 116 and the attempt to defuse suspicion by essentially saying it’s just a bandwagon
I don't remember doing this. What do you mean?
In post 259, fua wrote:“I’m so popular, everyone is looking at me” is basically a degradation of the reason to actually suspect you and dismisses it as a trend rather than a veritable case.
In post 260, tenebrousluminary wrote:I am not sure how you got that idea from what I wrote, but okay.

It would be difficult for me to think any case against me had merit when I know it to be wrong.
In post 261, fua wrote:Yes, but I would think you would at least go and defend your position or acknowledge the votes on you. Your playstyle so far has been very dismissive and I find that that typically comes from scum.
Fua looks objectively terrible in this exchange, and isn't even scumreading Tenesbro's for the correct reason (which is that reads like pocketing of Yeet.)
How is it objectively terrible? What am I supposed to do instead? I brought new ideas to the table regarding Tenebro because he's a genuine scumread of mine. I think recent posts show that he's a little more likely to be noob town including Wu's opinion on him, so I'd like to see how you find it scummy.
You accused him of saying something he didn't say in the post you referenced. He asks for an explanation, then you doubled down on it anyway when it was clear you misread the game or at the very least misstated what you were saying.

That's not genuine interaction. My read of it is you saw a semi-popular target and piled on with contrived reasons.
YOUR AD HERE

Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #679 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Nordom »

Actually, now that I think about it, mafia could easily give a TvT read. Disregard my last post.
Negatory.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #680 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 2:49 pm

Post by Nordom »

I still agree with the read though.
Negatory.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #681 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:00 pm

Post by DeasVail »

In post 677, Nordom wrote:How has Yeet's takes been bad? His TvT with Ari and Monkey read was good.
I agree with this post. I’m a bit wary of anyone dismissing Yeet’s opinions as bad or newb. I think there are some errors of comprehension here and there, just as we all are prone to, but a lot of the thought processes have actually resonated quite strongly with me.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #682 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 609, DeasVail wrote:
In post 576, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 335, fua wrote:If you’re town your goal is to not be voted for.
no
Do you think this statement from fua has alignment implications?
I've already stated why I think fua is scummy and it wasn't for that. So no, that's just a silly thing to say.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #683 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:12 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Scorpious, are you caught up on the game now?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #684 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:13 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 641, Nero Cain wrote:I want Yeet and Fire and Scorpious and Nordom dead
I highly doubt all the scum are fluff posting. This seems to be the only criteria you are looking at in your hunting. You're better than this!
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #685 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 684, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 641, Nero Cain wrote:I want Yeet and Fire and Scorpious and Nordom dead
I highly doubt all the scum are fluff posting. This seems to be the only criteria you are looking at in your hunting. You're better than this!
Except for Fire there I guess, but fire is good posting, so that's like clearly wrong.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #686 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:14 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 642, humaneatingmonkey wrote:why do you think ari and i are tvt? i came out of that scumreading ari.
so you think ari and datisi are scum buddies here? idgi
YOUR AD HERE

Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #687 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:17 pm

Post by Nordom »

Does scum-reading two players equate to having to team them, especially this early in the game?
Negatory.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #688 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 677, Nordom wrote:How has Yeet's takes been bad? His TvT with Ari and Monkey read was good.
I see you also enjoy bad takes.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #689 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:19 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 687, Nordom wrote:Does scum-reading two players equate to having to team them, especially this early in the game?
uh...
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #690 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:25 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 41, Yeet wrote:VOTE: Datisi

I feel jittery about this slot’s opening posts.
Bad take.
In post 54, Yeet wrote:Frogsterking is confirmed town to me. I will not accept any vote on Frogsterking.
Town read frog here, sure maybe. confirmed town? bad take
In post 68, Yeet wrote:Save the Dragons is also town.
based on what? bad take
In post 112, Yeet wrote:
In post 83, skitter30 wrote:After readinf multiple times, i actually dont think i got any clarity from it >.>

Why is it more believeable that me/dats would townbin you than for yeet to do the same thing?

~

Nai = non alignment indicative

In other words i'm saying what dats has done thus far is neither townie nor scummy for him
skitter30, I don’t believe you are being consistent in your explanation.

I don’t believe that you would say that you’re not sure why people think Datisi is scum when you know exactly how he plays and believe this to be his town self.

You are assuming that we know him implicitly there. We do not know Datisi, so why would you expect us to have the same opinion on him with your knowledge?

You would’ve simply said that Datisi’s posts are “NAI”, without the part where you’re “not sure why people dislike him”.

It doesn’t make sense, it’s not a real read, and your approach to this whole thing feels like it’s not coming from a genuine solving headspace - rather it was feeble attempt to provide content and you felt the urge to white knight him.

Vote: skitter30
lol voting skitter for going after dats when you say you're scumreading dats? I don't even know what to make of that.
In post 170, Yeet wrote:“yes and no. i'm used to there being meme wagons on me early game, especially from people that don't really know me.“

Datisi do you think I am meme-pushing you? Is that why you feel rather unaffected by my push on you? I can assure you that I am not memeing with this push on you.
again not reading the thread well. bad take.

Not saying everything Yeet has done is bad or noob, but there is a lot of nonsense in that iso.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #691 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:26 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 681, DeasVail wrote:
I agree with this post. I’m a bit wary of anyone dismissing Yeet’s opinions as bad or newb. I think there are some errors of comprehension here and there, just as we all are prone to, but a lot of the thought processes have actually resonated quite strongly with me.
whoops forgot to quote the post I was responding to.

Which of Yeet's thought processes have resonated with you?
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #692 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:27 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

I'm caught up!
YOUR AD HERE

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #693 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Yeet »

VPB can also be town for now. It’s not definitive but the stance on me feels expected from a town perspective.
Nordom
Nordom
He
Goon
Nordom
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #694 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:30 pm

Post by Nordom »

In post 689, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 687, Nordom wrote:Does scum-reading two players equate to having to team them, especially this early in the game?
uh...
Yeah, no I get it. "Well, there's a scum team, so naturally scum reads means the two reads have to be teamed". My point is this early in the game you can scum read two people and the thought of "Well, they're teamed" doesn't have to be a necessity.
VP Baltar wrote:
I see you also enjoy bad takes.
Bad takes, huh.
Negatory.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #695 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:33 pm

Post by Yeet »

Okay VPB you think I’m bad/noob - what does my alignment have to do with me being an alt or not?
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #696 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 695, Yeet wrote:Okay VPB you think I’m bad/noob - what does my alignment have to do with me being an alt or not?
If you were more experienced I'd be more suspicious you have an agenda with something like that putrid skitter vote.
YOUR AD HERE

Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #697 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:35 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 681, DeasVail wrote:
Reading comprehension is not my strong suit. I did fumble more arguments than normal this game based on misreading. I’ll try to stop doing that but no promises.

I don’t think the skitter thing falls into that ftr, I do think that in particular was more just a wording difference of interpretation thing.
Yeet
Yeet
He
Goon
Yeet
He
Goon
Goon

Post Post #698 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by Yeet »

In post 696, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 695, Yeet wrote:Okay VPB you think I’m bad/noob - what does my alignment have to do with me being an alt or not?
If you were more experienced I'd be more suspicious you have an agenda with something like that putrid skitter vote.
I am not a complete noob, let’s put it at that. I have a few mafiascum games under my belt, plus some other sites/Avalon.

I know what I look for in scum and I know it may not be the most popular things.

If you have anxiety about my skitter vote it was a wording thing that was clarified in thread by her.

And yes, I can scumread both skitter and Datisi (at the time) but argue skitter is more likely to be scum in a world where Datisi is town. I am nowhere near confident enough yet to starting solving the whole scumteam, and I don’t think anyone should be really. One of My goals today is to find at least one person today who I think is a >rand elimination.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #699 (ISO) » Wed Mar 02, 2022 3:39 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 694, Nordom wrote:Yeah, no I get it. "Well, there's a scum team, so naturally scum reads means the two reads have to be teamed". My point is this early in the game you can scum read two people and the thought of "Well, they're teamed" doesn't have to be a necessity.
I can see where you are coming from in the sense that we have zero information to go on and a person could be hunting various potential options at this point.

However, datisi is who HEM is voting, and he had like a 10 page spat with Ari. Those aren't exactly mild potential reads and if he isn't at least considering them on a team with that level of reads, then I have serious questions how those reads make sense.
YOUR AD HERE

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”