Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:26 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Why should I push Scorp over Wu?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:29 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1120, skitter30 wrote:
In post 1117, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 1109, skitter30 wrote:Pedit one or two incidental games. Or in other words, i'm not using meta for this one
rude. Also, it's been 3, 2 scum, and 1 town and you tunneled me each game so...
I dont remember doing that >.> which games were they again?
Ok i found 2 and one of them i did tunnel you but i actually have no memory of why i did that and i was scum also there so
Show
Hiatus once more.

'skitter is fucking terrifying' ~ town-bork about scum-me

'Skitter [was] terrifying to play against ngl' ~ scum-bork about town-me

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

'Skitter you're a spirit animal's spirit animal' ~ slaxx
skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:31 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1122, Nero Cain wrote:"u need 2 push this read over this read"
No, that's not what i'm saying, i'm asking *why* that's the slot you're focusing on, and no i dont understand why you cant focus on more than one

And i dont like the push on wuin general, i said that many times
Show
Hiatus once more.

'Going into lylo against scum!skit unprepared is like having someone force feed you dull razor blades. It's painful, and once it starts, you're pretty much dead' ~ NMSA

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:31 am

Post by Nero Cain »

if you were scum tunneling me it was b/c you felt I was an EZ push that you could hedge on. Why are you pretending like you don't know how to play mafia?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:32 am

Post by skitter30 »

I'm actually kinda more concerned abt your yeet read, which i brought up multiple times - why are you scumreading him?
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:33 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1128, Nero Cain wrote:if you were scum tunneling me it was b/c you felt I was an EZ push that you could hedge on. Why are you pretending like you don't know how to play mafia?
I mean presumably, i was more saying that i dont remmeber the specifics of why i thought that would be beneficial at the time

So if you want to talk abt my apparent long-storied history of tunneling you, i dont have much to say
Show
Hiatus once more.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:34 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I was actually on Nord b4 Fua asked me to come back to Wu. Read the game b4 you try to talk 2 me.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:34 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1125, Nero Cain wrote:Why should I push Scorp over Wu?
Why are you setting this up as one or the other, i'm asking why not both / why your attentions are on wu
Show
Hiatus once more.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:35 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1131, Nero Cain wrote:I was actually on Nord b4 Fua asked me to come back to Wu. Read the game b4 you try to talk 2 me.
Yes and you started the game pushing wu/hem and then circled back to wu, yes
Show
Hiatus once more.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:35 am

Post by Nero Cain »

clearly, I've never ever given any reason why I voted Wu.

skitter30
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
skitter30
she/her
Last Laugh
Last Laugh

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:37 am

Post by skitter30 »

In post 1129, skitter30 wrote:I'm actually kinda more concerned abt your yeet read, which i brought up multiple times - why are you scumreading him?
Can u answer this plz ^

And idk what you're trying to say in that post
Show
Hiatus once more.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:41 am

Post by Nero Cain »

im saying that I've I've talked about Wu in several posts now and you clearly aren't reading or maybe you did and this is supposed to be some "gotcha" moment", idk. But asking me why I'm scumreading/suspicious of someone that I've talked about several times already is just taxing and dumb.

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:55 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Surely the central difference between Wu and Scorpious is post count? The two players aren't really the same here: Scorpious has been generally inactive so far with seven posts, by contrast Wu has almost 40 posts and yet hasn't said much in most of them. Indeed that's what got the Wu suspicions rolling initially; they made a whole load of posts early in the game without saying much despite plenty of active debate where they could have made their own reads.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:55 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 1129, skitter30 wrote:I'm actually kinda more concerned abt your yeet read, which i brought up multiple times - why are you scumreading him?
I guess I'm not reading either b/c I don't really remember this.

but I did say this in my another post you didn't read
In post 898, Nero Cain wrote:I'm an informed townie that knows Nero Cain is town thus I know that everyone pushing him is some form of scum or bad town.

So I just wasn't a big fan of Yeet light pushing me and then kinda fence-sitting on me.
It was mostly OMGUS but I did feel like his wishy-washy light push on me was the kind of thing I could easily see scum do. Especially given that I'm mostly well town read and trying to erode the town read on Nero seems like it could be a decent scum agenda. Maybe I re-read him more in-depth later and see how I feel but what makes him so good that you feel the need t go to bat for him?

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 9:59 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 712, Yeet wrote:Datisi is the leading wagon I believe despite taking up a lot of space and actually playing the game. To my understanding No one townreads him except one person who knows him more intimately than others, it seems. He is not a polarizing slot as much as a universally southnull slot.

Wu seems to blend into the background more with less content/words ratio.

Monkey is a more polarizing slot rather than purely getting flak. I could be biased since I was one of the monkey defenders.
In post 715, Yeet wrote:I think we should mount the pressure on Datisi sooner rather than later.

Let’s get some wagons going, guys. I don’t want to stall around all day and move last minute and scramble when we can just go sheep sheep sheep.
In post 708, Yeet wrote:It is interesting that Datisi is pretty much universally very unpopular today (except in Aristeia’s eyes, but I worry she may be biased. Nevertheless I am still keeping her opinion very much in mind because I presume she knows him well).

Is he normally this unpopular at gamestart?
Re Yeet - I don't think they've been particularly scummy yet and their early assertions felt bold for a mafia who'd want to blend in, but this sequence of posts was really, really bad. At one moment claiming Datisi is the most heavily suspected player and then in the next post claiming not enough pressure is going on them. Which is it?

I do note Yeet's not posted at all since this sequence either. I dunno, if Yeet is mafia then they may have felt they went in too heavily in the early stages and want to sit back later. Although it could be more of a timezone thing depending on when they post, but that's around 17 hours now.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:00 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In fairness to Skitter, Wu and Scorp prob aren't all that different in a way. Wu got suspected for active lurking and then disappeared. Wich I guess you could argue that is scum lurking it out? And Scorp just has done shit all and pressure never developed there.

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:02 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1140, Nero Cain wrote:In fairness to Skitter, Wu and Scorp prob aren't all that different in a way. Wu got suspected for active lurking and then disappeared. Wich I guess you could argue that is scum lurking it out? And Scorp just has done shit all and pressure never developed there.
Yeah to a point, just I think it's notable that whereas Scorp has been quiet in general (which I'd say is generally fairly NAI), Wu has actually made quite a few posts so far for a player who hasn't contributed much. Like having almost 40 so far is remarkable for a player who hasn't made an active contribution in terms of proper reads or pushes or questioning.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:04 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I think he said something about liking Skitter but thats been all.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

also Skitter and VP (to a lesser extent) that I'm focusing on Wu/fluff posters is hardly true I feel

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1142, Nero Cain wrote:I think he said something about liking Skitter but thats been all.
Yeah mild defence of Skitter is about as strong as he's given it so far. Like 10% of his posts are about Chairman Mao.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:08 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1142, Nero Cain wrote:I think he said something about liking Skitter but thats been all.
Yeah mild defence of Skitter is about as strong as he's given it so far. Like 10% of his posts are about Chairman Mao.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:09 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

^ Double post very much not intentional.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Nero Cain »

he also said that he thinks me and Yeet are scummy.

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:11 am

Post by Nero Cain »

naw it was a good post, thats why it posted twice.

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 10:13 am

Post by fireisredsir »

in the flurry of early posts, while participating in them live i kinda mentally binned yeet as new and confident and that i would probably disagree with a lot of his takes because of it, but that he seemed towny enough. looking back at the ISO now though, im less sold on that. agreed that the sequence malcolm pointed out was bad

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”