Trail Blazer

Post Post #1150 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Firebringer »

so ur voting me because i claimed scum?
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1151 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

In post 1149, Scorpious wrote:I don’t care. If someone says they are scum. They should get voted.
2 reasons
1.wincon
2. It’s a dumbass way to play and you deserve yeet in principle.
In post 1147, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1119, Firebringer wrote:nevermind. I don't want to engage in this line.

Yes, I am scum and i know for a fact that there is 2 scum on that wagon. Help me buss them
This isn’t cool, cute, edgy, funny, are anything remotely helpful.

You say you’re scum.. this entire game should vote you. Hate this play with a passion.
WRONG!

2. Then why haven't you voted me?
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1152 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:40 pm

Post by Andante »

seems like I've missed the fun!!! back to writing a paper due in 4 hours... rip
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1153 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:41 pm

Post by Andante »

technically my paper is related to infernal affairs'!! cause I read infernal as internal for a while, that's like politics, my paper is political. gg. ok back to writing my heart out for a B
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1154 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Official Vote Count

Save The Dragons
(3): Firebringer, Nero Cain, hellbooks
Tejate Raichu
(2): Toogeloo, Galron
Andante
(1): momo
MagikHorse
(1): The Keeper
momo
(1): Andante
Firebringer
(1): Scorpious

Not Voting
(4): Save The Dragons, Tejate Raichu, MagikHorse, Not_Mafia

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate

Deadline
: (expired on 2022-03-09 05:00:00)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1155 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:45 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

UNVOTE:
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1156 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:54 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1134, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1129, hellbooks wrote:
In post 1024, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1020, Toogeloo wrote:Giving support for this. As promised, I'll support hellbooks (and Magik) votes.
That's my elaboration.
do you not have any confidence in your own reads? do you have opinions about who is scum ?? whats with this?
I am notoriously bad at this game. There are occasions where I display moments of brilliance, but generally speaking, I wing it. I've adopted a more supportive play style over the years where I find players I town read and try to work with them.

In all honesty, part of the reason I am bad though is because I start to skim when I get bored of the conversations or start seeing giant walls.

Another reason is that I'm just not an aggressive person. I don't even place RVS votes. I just idle until I see something I might be able to work with.

Finding town has often been easier than finding scum for me, so I go that route, and try to figure who "can't" (or less likely to be) be partnered with flipped scum and work from there.
Geez. I could have written this post. Word for word.

Mood.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1157 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by Galron »

In post 1137, hellbooks wrote:
In post 1059, Tejate Raichu wrote:By the way, @mod can we get a VC please?
i told him... he should have saved the clips :cry:
In post 1131, Firebringer wrote:who r u interested in hellbooks
this question is actually like hard as heck because i feel like im in the upside down world but here is one answer
VOTE: save the dragons

i also want andante to elaborate on what she thinks about other slots than tejate.
toog seems to be looking to give up independent scumhunting.
galron is literally going joker mode and i have no idea how to sort this sort of limbait.
scorpious could be scum for sure
i think the keeper's only thing that made me lean either way was some gimmick frustration that i read as town but still null (big part of this is that i tend to skip faer posts)
i still feel like tej is scum. frog picking him as a partner and then steering totally clear of him stinks. but idk what to make of the double magikhorse/andante chainsaw there
i think you are town with your d2 play
This is good. Couple of things, I think Andante scum reads me; I think toogs is just a bit lost and expressing a little frustration; with galron wysiwyg; the thing about the double magikhorse/andante chainsaw I want to explore more because my scum read on Tejate is starting to waver, but I'm not going to rely on a few things I found scummy on Day 1 for the entire game to scum read him.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1158 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 3:59 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

ya'll town read me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1159 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:04 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1158, Nero Cain wrote:ya'll town read me?
hellbooks and Magik moreso, but I don't not townread you.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1160 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:10 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

What do you think of magik doing nothing today and just riding the town cred?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1161 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:10 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1137, hellbooks wrote:i also want andante to elaborate on what she thinks about other slots than tejate.
uh what? I'm voting momo and explained why momo is maf. Tejate town, Magik maf.

so magik maf momo maf tejate town, and no one else is memorable
Andante
Andante
She
Survivor
Andante
She
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1162 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:11 pm

Post by Andante »

In post 1160, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think of magik doing nothing today and just riding the town cred?
well, magik is maf so that's how I expect maf to act
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1163 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

when did u call magic scum b4 now?

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1164 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:42 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1157, Galron wrote:
In post 1137, hellbooks wrote:
In post 1059, Tejate Raichu wrote:By the way, @mod can we get a VC please?
i told him... he should have saved the clips :cry:
In post 1131, Firebringer wrote:who r u interested in hellbooks
this question is actually like hard as heck because i feel like im in the upside down world but here is one answer
VOTE: save the dragons

i also want andante to elaborate on what she thinks about other slots than tejate.
toog seems to be looking to give up independent scumhunting.
galron is literally going joker mode and i have no idea how to sort this sort of limbait.
scorpious could be scum for sure
i think the keeper's only thing that made me lean either way was some gimmick frustration that i read as town but still null (big part of this is that i tend to skip faer posts)
i still feel like tej is scum. frog picking him as a partner and then steering totally clear of him stinks. but idk what to make of the double magikhorse/andante chainsaw there
i think you are town with your d2 play
This is good. Couple of things, I think Andante scum reads me; I think toogs is just a bit lost and expressing a little frustration; with galron wysiwyg; the thing about the double magikhorse/andante chainsaw I want to explore more because my scum read on Tejate is starting to waver, but I'm not going to rely on a few things I found scummy on Day 1 for the entire game to scum read him.
This feels like you just kinda mashed together some thoughts trying to make it look like actual insight into the game. Nope. I don’t like it.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1165 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:45 pm

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1156, Galron wrote:
In post 1134, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1129, hellbooks wrote:
In post 1024, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 1020, Toogeloo wrote:Giving support for this. As promised, I'll support hellbooks (and Magik) votes.
That's my elaboration.
do you not have any confidence in your own reads? do you have opinions about who is scum ?? whats with this?
I am notoriously bad at this game. There are occasions where I display moments of brilliance, but generally speaking, I wing it. I've adopted a more supportive play style over the years where I find players I town read and try to work with them.

In all honesty, part of the reason I am bad though is because I start to skim when I get bored of the conversations or start seeing giant walls.

Another reason is that I'm just not an aggressive person. I don't even place RVS votes. I just idle until I see something I might be able to work with.

Finding town has often been easier than finding scum for me, so I go that route, and try to figure who "can't" (or less likely to be) be partnered with flipped scum and work from there.
Geez. I could have written this post. Word for word.

Mood.
I
have
written this post over the years. Mostly as scum. Reasons to not have any cases or any real accountability on anything.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1166 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:50 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

I mean I do think that it's theoretically possible that frog-magic decide to hard distance from each other

MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1167 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:56 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1132, Nero Cain wrote:My suspicion of TR is a carryover from d1 (you can find the post in my iso) although I do think that his day start wanting to talk about the setup was on the scummy side of things. "scum wouldn't bus frog!" oh yes they could and I think it makes sense to. I mean, I guess I could see it from your pov where you think a 4th vote on the wagon is an anti-associative but here's the thing and I think it's really important but I was pushing AD at day start. Tej is the one that argued that I had more reason to vote him than AD. He wanted votes off of AD. If you are associative hunting AD is the one that was calling Frog scum but didn't want to vote there. Is it really that big of a stretch to go from Frog was scum>>>AD didn't want to be on the wagon>>>Tej is trying to get votes off of AD
I can possibly agree with the setup spec part. Hell I brought up one other instance of it before as well during Day 1 if you remember, under the belief that it may have been a personality thing. I know scum can and does bus, I just think Tejate came into that wagon naturally and pushed it well. If that push from Tejate is scum theater, it's pretty damn good on Tejate's part.

The associative stuff is a bit weird though, and as I had thought was fairly clear by now I do not naturally think in associatives, but rather motivations. I'll have to look at Andante again to confirm anything there, if you could point me the right direction there I'll probably listen, but that's about that honestly.
In post 1132, Nero Cain wrote:how do you know my solve is wrong? You don't unless you are scum or a pr with an inno.

but then again you aren't pushing anywhere or even have a solve so.......
You don't know yours is right either by this very logic. Fancy that.

When I see town motivations behind some of the statements you're throwing out I will speak up, whether to be proven wrong or to make a point that the case still needs work. There's little wrong with this that I can see. I know my word is absolute, and it's technically possible, but this is how I do things and you're not really gonna change that.
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1168 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 4:57 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I'm not sure why you guys are scumreading Magik for not being here when he's clearly stated that it's got nothing to do with the game. Oh, Magik posted as I was writing this.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1169 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:00 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Why are you not pushing anywhere?

MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1170 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1169, Nero Cain wrote:Why are you not pushing anywhere?
A mix of trying to figure out this mess with you and a fair bit of drowsiness caused by a side effect of some medication I'm on for back pain. Since I'm not trying to spend a bunch of time to make a wall, you can expect some actual player thoughts sometime tonight.
momo
momo
Mafia Scum
momo
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1171 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:09 pm

Post by momo »

I don't know if I'd call it a full blown read, but I def townlean Nero. I don't really have any recollection of his scum meta, but he seems just a tad bit too involved to be scum. And not just in an activity was/directing the convo way (that can be scummy).

It's his willingness to bring up (without being prompted) other people's reads of himself that makes hime feel towny in my eyes.
Transcend
- But reading momo I feel like he is the that player that if he got pressured as town, he would be like fuck and yall and move on with whatever else he was doing
Boonskies
- Like, Momo is the most mislynchable player on all of mafiascum right now. I'm not day 1 lynching him.
TheGoldenParadox
- As it stands, momo is a great player or maybe the most mislynchable player on the site right now
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1172 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:16 pm

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 1160, Nero Cain wrote:What do you think of magik doing nothing today and just riding the town cred?
Willing to give it a pass since he was day 1, post 1, target by now flipped scum. I really think that frog gave us quite a bit to work with today.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1173 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 5:49 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Andante is kinda just following the scum!Magik wave without any real input into it, just claiming it openly with no reasons. It kinda seems like his reads are following whatever's the most popular, and I looked back at his ISO and saw quite a bit of soft defending as Nero was saying.

Hellbooks has done very little today either but start an STD wagon for some reason. is a diamond in the rough from them, and even that's a bit shaky. The only reason I'm not scumreading them is that they started the wagon on Frog.

I want to hear some content from STD. I did a quick and dirty dive into a couple games, and even his town games looked kinda like this. There has to be a better way to read this slot.

Toog actually did a little bit for once, and I'm liking most of it. Less so the part that was basically an excuse to be lazy, but most else seems good. Hoping to see more activity in the future.

Galron's day 2 is just... unimpressive. The only good post I'm seeing in it is , and even that's not much. If anyone has a reason to townread this, please share.

Scorp... I'm pretty sure you're town here, and I have a few questions for you. You said back in that Galron is obvtown, then / happened. Did those change your thoughts any? If you still think he's town, could you explain why to me? I'm really not seeing it.

Momo is a "quality over quantity" type, and what does come out feels like actual solving. is a real good catch.

I have no clue what Keeper is doing honestly, or why their vote is parked on me right now. Their posts insinuate it's about my vote timing I presume, but on the guy Frog specifically tried to ham up and elim? I need an explanation on that one.

I have nothing at all to say about Not_Mafia that hasn't been said by someone else.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1174 (ISO) » Thu Mar 03, 2022 6:10 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

Feeling like the big people to watch out for right now are Andante, Galron, and Keeper. The first two feel like scum in particular, Keeper's just acting strangely combined with generally low input and even less solving.

Fire seems agitated too, though I'm starting to share this uncertainty regarding why he feels like there's 2 scum on the Frog wagon. Why 2 instead of 1 or 0? All 3 I severely doubt, if I believed in that I'd be placing my money on STD/Toog/N_M here, but I would like him to elaborate on why and who are these 2 (at risk of being called out for repeating Nero who I believe asked something similar on top of claiming it as TMI).

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”