Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #3450 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3290, Nero Cain wrote:
In post 3281, Datisi wrote:btw can we kill enchant pls he's like blatantly scum who's coasting on a bullshit vig claim
you could have like kept your vote there instead of throwing your vote around to try to mimic how you think town plays.
In post 3343, Nero Cain wrote:b/c its whats town is supposed to do, duh?
LOL :mrgreen:
In post 3448, Nero Cain wrote:yeah it's a very lvl 1 thought process
You've said so.
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3451 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 3373, VP Baltar wrote:Why the enchant hard town read?
I don't believe scum claim vig on day one just for the lolz. It's a very risky play that could be CC'd or result in them getting shot by the real vig or them getting yeeted soon enough when there is no other kill at night. It just doesn't make sense to me that fua was scum and claimed that unprompted
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3452 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:54 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3451, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3449, Frogsterking wrote:before I tipped you off.
Lol OK yeah, I'm sure.

When did you start scum reading me?
When Malcolm was patiently explaining to you why the meta read doesn't make sense and you didn't bother to fake any kind of recognition or reaction
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3453 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:56 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 3453, Eyes without a face wrote:
I don't believe scum claim vig on day one just for the lolz. It's a very risky play that could be CC'd or result in them getting shot by the real vig or them getting yeeted soon enough when there is no other kill at night. It just doesn't make sense to me that fua was scum and claimed that unprompted
it wasn't really unprompted, they were the leading wagon and were gaining votes, and had 6 on them at the time
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3454 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Eyes how are you townreading VP and Dragons?
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3455 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3455, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3453, Eyes without a face wrote:
it wasn't really unprompted, they were the leading wagon and were gaining votes, and had 6 on them at the time
If VP flips scum today is there any reason Nero, Cape, you, me and luminary can't form a town core?
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #3456 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by DeasVail »

I think I have gotten myself into a tunnel and after a reassessment I am no longer sure of this read.

UNVOTE: Tenebro

Reading through tenebro’ Iso again, I am more inclined to think that the dismissive nature is an unhelpful way of communicating, but I don’t actually think it lines up with the scum-tenebro image that I had created for myself. If I thought that tenebro was scum trying to blend in and appease, then their approach to suspicion in fact does the opposite.

I am happy to discuss with anyone regarding this, and would particularly be interested if anyone thinks I am making a mistake in backing off this, but I think it’s more likely that tenebro-scum was a world I wanted to be true rather than one that actually is true.
DeasVail
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
DeasVail
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3457 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by DeasVail »

UNVOTE: Tenebrousluminary

Just in case it needs to be in full.
Eyes without a face
Eyes without a face
Goon
Eyes without a face
Goon
Goon

Post Post #3458 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:06 pm

Post by Eyes without a face »

In post 3456, Frogsterking wrote:Eyes how are you townreading VP and Dragons?
They type in English so I read them left to right. lol

But really .. I already explained the VP read twice and nothing has changed. VP gave me no reason to reconsider my read there. Dragon is.. let's call it an inexplicable read for now.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3459 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3458, DeasVail wrote:I think I have gotten myself into a tunnel and after a reassessment I am no longer sure of this read.

Reading through tenebro’ Iso again, I am more inclined to think that the dismissive nature is an unhelpful way of communicating, but I don’t actually think it lines up with the scum-tenebro image that I had created for myself. If I thought that tenebro was scum trying to blend in and appease, then their approach to suspicion in fact does the opposite.

I am happy to discuss with anyone regarding this, and would particularly be interested if anyone thinks I am making a mistake in backing off this, but I think it’s more likely that tenebro-scum was a world I wanted to be true rather than one that actually is true.
Yes I think this is a good unvote I think luminary is town and more likely to receive negative attention than other players for non-AI reasons. I believe it's the best explanation.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3460 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

@Enchant:

In post 3460, Eyes without a face wrote:
In post 3456, Frogsterking wrote:Eyes how are you townreading VP and Dragons?
They type in English so I read them left to right. lol

But really .. I already explained the VP read twice and nothing has changed. VP gave me no reason to reconsider my read there. Dragon is.. let's call it an inexplicable read for now.
:dead: :dead: :dead:
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3461 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:14 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3461, Frogsterking wrote:
In post 3458, DeasVail wrote:I think I have gotten myself into a tunnel and after a reassessment I am no longer sure of this read.

Yes I think this is a good unvote I think luminary is town and more likely to receive negative attention than other players for non-AI reasons. I believe it's the best explanation.
Not had a chance to catch up tonight, but based on these will do so in the morning and evaluate where I am on tenebros. Been pretty keen at times on it as a mafia slot and I don't think tenebros has played a particularly townie game, but did have a stint during turn one where I doubted my read so that could be telling me something.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3462 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 3454, Frogsterking wrote:
Lol OK yeah, I'm sure.

When Malcolm was patiently explaining to you why the meta read doesn't make sense and you didn't bother to fake any kind of recognition or reaction
I stand by my points on your meta read, but as someone who suspects VP I don't think their response was particularly terrible, there are some subtle differences in play there even if the overall style is similar.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3463 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:27 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3159, Nero Cain wrote:poe town. I've been just sorta nodding along with his posting. Not really in love with your case. Why is he the worst Tene voter?
his case is political, pushing faults in a town play rather than looking for scum. comes across well to most townies, and if you look at frogster, he even pushed them expecting it to be a TvT in the form of TeneScum being questioned instead of any MalcolmScum.
Time Is Money, Money Is Power, Power Is Pizza, Pizza is Knowledge
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3464 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:28 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

eyes town reading VP for explaining some reads on p 24 continues to be horrible
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3465 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Lol OK yeah, I'm sure.

What? I your iso in the game he linked and explained why that is not the same as your play here.

But follow up, why were you afraid of "tipping me" when your vote is just in reaction to me scum reading you? What was your concern there?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3466 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:29 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3173, MathBlade wrote:If scum he can bus which increases his standing but loses a buddy

would I bus or would I defend my partner to an insane amount is a question, though.

you know how I work, though, i'll likely have hard pushed at least 4 people by end of Day 3.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3467 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3188, Nero Cain wrote:April pushed Malcolm and that's all he/she has done today.
I've done a lot more than this, this is just what I want people to see me doing on the surface.
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3468 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:31 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

but i can't read the scum pt!
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3469 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:32 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3196, VP Baltar wrote:April, why are you TR Cape again?
I liked the way they were posting around that one time they referenced me. Seems awkward if they were scum to do it the way they did, so it just seemed genuine townie to me.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #3470 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

yea ive been starting to feel this way as well. i wanted to keep the tene wagon leading to see if anyone would try to push it in, but eh might as well switch now. eyes is p much as good as voting there, with a townread on VP and a scumread on tene.

VOTE: VP Baltar
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3471 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:34 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3222, Yeet wrote:Should I be townreading you, Malcolm? I noticed quite a few others think you are townie however it is hard for me to read you as such. I can’t find any reasons to scumread you either, you’re just very null all around to me.
This is actually a reason I'm scum reading Malcolm.

I unfortunately shoot my shot a bit too early because I don't think a strong case is there for scumMalcolm, I just believe them to be scum, if that makes sense.

It's part of the "he's saying all of the right things" for certain people, but it isn't the right thing for people who were on the side like us, which is a sign he's pandering to the popular choice, and even leading that trajectory. he's kind of doing it while out in the forefront and while also having that behind the scene energy.
April Ludgate
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
April Ludgate
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #3472 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:36 pm

Post by April Ludgate »

In post 3249, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 3246, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 3241, VP Baltar wrote: but I think what I'm picking up on here is real.
is this your strongest scumread at the moment? what other scumreads do you have?
I still want to yeet the fuck out of cape, but that was going nowhere. People are willing to give him a pass today even though he is doing nothing and had a very questionable hammer yesterday, as I've explained.

If I was going to compromise on something, I might be willing to back a tenebros wagon, but I go back and forth there.

what's your case for scumCape?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #3473 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Nero Cain »

Frog, you know I was making fun of dats in , right?
In post 3452, Frogsterking wrote:You've said so.
nothing prevents Cape from hammering as scum, true and scum do QH to end the day and stop discussion but it was p 98 and the day was just dragging on. Wu was the defacto elimination at that point. I'm also sorta buying into the "I didn't know I was hammering" thing.

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #3474 (ISO) » Wed Mar 09, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 3464, MalcolmTucker wrote:
Lol OK yeah, I'm sure.

I stand by my points on your meta read, but as someone who suspects VP I don't think their response was particularly terrible, there are some subtle differences in play there even if the overall style is similar.
I'm probably biased against VP's point and think it's worse than it is. I think VP's meta push against me is evidence of VP's alignment in a circumstantial way because of how helpful it is for scum. I can alternatively see it as being motivated by Townie Paranoia and I was hoping VP would react in some way I could rule them out as scum instead. Unfortunately I don't see any signs of uncertainty in the way VP has dealt with other viewpoints on my slot and I don't feel like VP is genuinely trying to sort my slot.

Return to “Completed Large Normal Games”