Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #525 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:03 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 472, JacksonVirgo wrote: Dont bother I am dying tonight owo
How do you know you're dying tonight?
MathBlade
did not specify when you're going to die.
In post 437, MathBlade wrote: I am actually a vigilante doctor. Not quite a vig but same effect. Because I didn’t believe Jackson’s claim and thought he was rolefishing I poisoned him (which is a delayed vig) and he will die
on a set night
. No I won’t say which night. If scum want to save him they will have to make a case and I can stop the effect.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #526 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:05 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 486, MegAzumarill wrote:IIRC his timing on the wagon was opportunistic
I'll have more to say tonight
Opportunistic how?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #527 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:07 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 518, Greeting wrote:I think JacksonVirgo is a potential candidate and had you not poisoned them, I would have been quite willing to vote them out too. But since that happened, I think it's just about enough to say that you don't need to cure them and we just wait for them to die. There's a noticeable contrast between their behavior in Day 1 and Day 2. In Day 1 he contributed a lot and in Day 2 he's just posting absolute nonsense. If I were town in that position, I would probably be doing my best to either convince you to cure me or if that's not possible, at least give town something to analyse after my death. I think their reaction to being poisoned is an attempt to make everyone think that they don't care and so an attempt at reverse psychology. I say we just wait it out, perhaps that's the second scum we're looking for.
There is a simple explanation, which I thought basic comprehension skills would cover but I guess not, I don't care about the game as much as day 1 because I am being killed by Math. I don't care if you are like "Town would try anyway blah blah", that's an ideal and I am not the type of person to give two shits about a game I am being taken out of from almost the start, without even catching up fully of day 1. I did
not
contribute a lot day 1, saying so is either false recollection or just straight lies for the sake of trying to make a case against me.

I do not care what you would or would not do as Town, I am not you and you are not me. Stop pushing your own ideals onto other people, and if you stop to actually read the gamestate or the actual personalities/mindsets of the players. You would know Math is tunnel-visioned on his supposed "day 1 solve". Even with 33% of that solve being wrong, proven by the town-flip, he still says he is fully confident on that solve. Proves that he is tunnel-visioned and thus nothing I can do can stop his ego from taking over actual logic. I've been and done this a thousand times, I am not fighting a fight I am destined to lose (not claiming scum, if you want to take my words out of context).
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #528 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:08 am

Post by Nero Cain »

Vote Count 2.4

Panda fact #16:The fur from a panda generally sells for between $60,000 and $100,000on the black market.

[2]Toogeloo:
MathBlade, Dwlee99
[2]Greeting:
Malakittens, Cat Scratch Fever
[2]Cat Scratch Fever:
JacksonVirgo, Toogeloo
[1]Malakittens:
Greeting
[1]Dwlee99:
wavemode
[1]MegAzumarill:
StrangeMatter
[1]wavemode:
MegAzumarill

Not Voting (1):
Vanderscamp

With 11 alive, it's 6 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, March 17th at 5:30ish pm CST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-03-17 19:00:00)
Last edited by Nero Cain on Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #529 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:10 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

You really wanted that pagetop, huh.
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #530 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:11 am

Post by wavemode »

In post 516, StrangeMatter wrote:Also, I'd like for you to expand on fake participation scumlean.
expand on it how? seems self explanatory to me. your posts seem like they could be coming from scum who wants to fencesit and not take any hard stances. so instead you fill your ISO with agreements and mechanical discussions and meta discussions but no actual scumhunting. aka fake participation

basically, what mala was accusing greeting of doing, it feels like you're the one actually doing it
retired...?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #531 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:13 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 525, Greeting wrote:
In post 472, JacksonVirgo wrote: Dont bother I am dying tonight owo
How do you know you're dying tonight?
MathBlade
did not specify when you're going to die.
In post 437, MathBlade wrote: I am actually a vigilante doctor. Not quite a vig but same effect. Because I didn’t believe Jackson’s claim and thought he was rolefishing I poisoned him (which is a delayed vig) and he will die
on a set night
. No I won’t say which night. If scum want to save him they will have to make a case and I can stop the effect.
Oh I just assumed tonight, my bad.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #532 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:14 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

I didn't really read, I just saw I was poisoned (allegedly), and stopped reading cuz I no longer cared owo.

wiki // GTKAS
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #533 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:17 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 530, wavemode wrote:
In post 516, StrangeMatter wrote:Also, I'd like for you to expand on fake participation scumlean.
expand on it how? seems self explanatory to me. your posts seem like they could be coming from scum who wants to fencesit and not take any hard stances. so instead you fill your ISO with agreements and mechanical discussions and meta discussions but no actual scumhunting. aka fake participation

basically, what mala was accusing greeting of doing, it feels like you're the one actually doing it
I have been scumhunting, mostly through asking questions to slots that I feel need to try to figure out the most. I'm bad at actually putting them down onto paper but saying I haven't been trying at the minimum is not true in the slightest.
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #534 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:23 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

I won't deny that I would absolutely sit on the sidelines as scum and just let games play out while going under people's radar (see Newbie 2082), but I legit don't see how you can just say to me that I'm fairly obviously not scumhunting at all and just making fake participation.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #535 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 8:42 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 527, JacksonVirgo wrote:
There is a simple explanation, which I thought basic comprehension skills would cover but I guess not, I don't care about the game as much as day 1 because I am being killed by Math. I don't care if you are like "Town would try anyway blah blah", that's an ideal and I am not the type of person to give two shits about a game I am being taken out of from almost the start, without even catching up fully of day 1. I did
not
contribute a lot day 1, saying so is either false recollection or just straight lies for the sake of trying to make a case against me.

I do not care what you would or would not do as Town, I am not you and you are not me. Stop pushing your own ideals onto other people, and if you stop to actually read the gamestate or the actual personalities/mindsets of the players. You would know Math is tunnel-visioned on his supposed "day 1 solve". Even with 33% of that solve being wrong, proven by the town-flip, he still says he is fully confident on that solve. Proves that he is tunnel-visioned and thus nothing I can do can stop his ego from taking over actual logic. I've been and done this a thousand times, I am not fighting a fight I am destined to lose (not claiming scum, if you want to take my words out of context).
Oh look, I thought I was unlucky to have been emotionally blackmailed by one player and yet here we go again. Let me approach this in other way.

Is it an unrealistic ideal that I am expecting and looking for or is it just... playing towards the town win condition? If you're town how do your current actions help town right now? If they are not helping town because you just don't care then why is it so unreasonable for others to think that is actually scum pretending to not care in order to avoid getting killed?

This is a repeat of the
Malakittens
affair. And the argument is eerily similar and has a similar point where it directly relates to being consistent.

Mini Theme 2260 has recently come to an end. I played in that game. It had a really pretty, but extremely confusing theme. I did not vibe with the theme nor the players much and ended up being eliminated for it Day 1. I did not care at all that game and I was town. I was bad town. I did not do well, my performance in that game did not help my team. But I was consistent in that.

I believe that and were valid contributions to the game. You were argumentative and afterwards stood your ground. That is how I see it. The gamesolving mindset there contrasts with your behavior in Day 2.

So no, I'm not making stuff up and refusing to see that being poisoned can lead to being unmotivated. I just find that the contradiction increases your likelihood of being scum. Someone who appears to want to play, but then does a complete 180 because a player claimed to have poisoned them with a delay could be a scum strategy to appear to not care in order to make
MathBlade
doubt their judgement.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #536 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:33 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 535, Greeting wrote:
In post 527, JacksonVirgo wrote:
not

Oh look, I thought I was unlucky to have been emotionally blackmailed by one player and yet here we go again. Let me approach this in other way.

Is it an unrealistic ideal that I am expecting and looking for or is it just... playing towards the town win condition? If you're town how do your current actions help town right now? If they are not helping town because you just don't care then why is it so unreasonable for others to think that is actually scum pretending to not care in order to avoid getting killed?

This is a repeat of the
Malakittens
affair. And the argument is eerily similar and has a similar point where it directly relates to being consistent.

Mini Theme 2260 has recently come to an end. I played in that game. It had a really pretty, but extremely confusing theme. I did not vibe with the theme nor the players much and ended up being eliminated for it Day 1. I did not care at all that game and I was town. I was bad town. I did not do well, my performance in that game did not help my team. But I was consistent in that.

I believe that and were valid contributions to the game. You were argumentative and afterwards stood your ground. That is how I see it. The gamesolving mindset there contrasts with your behavior in Day 2.

So no, I'm not making stuff up and refusing to see that being poisoned can lead to being unmotivated. I just find that the contradiction increases your likelihood of being scum. Someone who appears to want to play, but then does a complete 180 because a player claimed to have poisoned them with a delay could be a scum strategy to appear to not care in order to make
MathBlade
doubt their judgement.
I seriously do not care that you believe games of online mafia should be played by emotionless robots that do nothing but play optimally irregardless of how human mindsets actually work in practice. The moment you insinuated I was not playing towards the town win-condition is the moment I know that you are not reading the game.

Just because my content is not similar to day 1 does not mean that I am acting against my win-condition. I am not stupid, but I also do not have the motivation to play a game to my highest effort when I am about to die, well this was mainly when I thought I was dying tonight.

I have done many things today that are towards my win-condition.
  1. I am actively not creating a 1v1 between MathBlade and I for multiple reasons. This is a great deal of difficulty for me as I tend to retaliate easily, especially as of late but me doing so will hurt town more than it could save.
  2. I have still given my reads which I get from still reading the game with the intent to find scum. But I am by no means motivated, nor do I feel I am qualified as I do not have the full background knowledge of the game to join into current in-depth discussions.
  3. I know for a fact that MathBlade is in a state of ego-tunnelling and that fighting against that is useless if he has the power to kill me alone, I am dying and even if I do get out of it, everything I have done to this point will leave me as elim-bait later in the game which I know is not likely going to change because all my town games where I get suspected early on all end the same.
TL;DR there is no active point for me to try outside of giving reads when I find them, but to say I've been doing nothing but fuck around D2 is just plain wrong. Me dying is almost needed at this point if I don't want to gamethrow and get myself out of this position, at least that is where my mindset it but feel free to try and convince me otherwise.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #537 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 9:35 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

And by not reading the game, I don't mean literally. I mean you are not actively trying to form deeper comprehension on why people are doing/saying what they are. Rather, you are putting yourself into what people are doing/saying which will almost always lead to falsely-lead results irregardless if they are coincidentally correct or not.

wiki // GTKAS
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #538 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Math why not toog over Jv?

Also if greeting is scum; a potential partner would prob be someone I’m null reading. I don’t really have the greatest grasp on a lot of players this game tbh
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #539 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:40 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Math I think jV might be town
If Jv was scum who was destined to die I don’t know if he’d be continuing to post like this
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
Vanderscamp
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Vanderscamp
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #540 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Vanderscamp »

On the road atm but will get caught up soonish
MegAzumarill
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
MegAzumarill
She/Her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/Her

Post Post #541 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 3:32 pm

Post by MegAzumarill »

Greeting is posting more walls than normal but I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Still like wavemode elim and I think math is probably barking up the wrong tree atm
Imprefection is the spice of life.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #542 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by MathBlade »

I just got done with two long shifts

I will read this later. I am beat. Give me a bit.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #543 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 4:09 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 538, Malakittens wrote:Math why not toog over Jv?

Also if greeting is scum; a potential partner would prob be someone I’m null reading. I don’t really have the greatest grasp on a lot of players this game tbh
Because I don’t think he as VT manages to guess two of my joat powers.

So I think it’s best elim Toog and let Jackson die

I will read arguments later to see if they can explain that.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #544 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 5:13 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 536, JacksonVirgo wrote:I know for a fact that MathBlade is in a state of ego-tunnelling and that fighting against that is useless if he has the power to kill me alone, I am dying and even if I do get out of it, everything I have done to this point will leave me as elim-bait later in the game which I know is not likely going to change because all my town games where I get suspected early on all end the same.

?? How am I ego tunneling

You didn’t give reads D1?

I poisoned you for claiming my role?

Where does ego fit in here?
GTKAS -- MathBlade
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #545 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:30 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 544, MathBlade wrote:
In post 536, JacksonVirgo wrote:I know for a fact that MathBlade is in a state of ego-tunnelling and that fighting against that is useless if he has the power to kill me alone, I am dying and even if I do get out of it, everything I have done to this point will leave me as elim-bait later in the game which I know is not likely going to change because all my town games where I get suspected early on all end the same.

?? How am I ego tunneling

You didn’t give reads D1?

I poisoned you for claiming my role?

Where does ego fit in here?
I did give reads you just choose to ignore it.

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #546 (ISO) » Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:31 pm

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 543, MathBlade wrote:
In post 538, Malakittens wrote:Math why not toog over Jv?

Because I don’t think he as VT manages to guess two of my joat powers.

So I think it’s best elim Toog and let Jackson die

I will read arguments later to see if they can explain that.
1. Didn't guess it was a joke
2. How would scum!me guess it on day 1.

Again. Ur consumed by ego

wiki // GTKAS
Dwlee99
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Dwlee99
They/them
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: They/them

Post Post #547 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 3:49 am

Post by Dwlee99 »

Toog feels radically different from here
viewtopic.php?t=88618&f=23&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
I prefer they, thanks :)
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #548 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 4:05 am

Post by MathBlade »

1. Unlikely. That’s too specific
2. Informed.

Even if I am tunnelled that isn’t because ego? This is a very weird path Jackson.

And I agree Dwlee Toog is more active as town.
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #549 (ISO) » Fri Mar 11, 2022 5:17 am

Post by Greeting »

In post 547, Dwlee99 wrote:Toog feels radically different from here
viewtopic.php?t=88618&f=23&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
I can't tell the difference.
Toogeloo
feels null to me.

Plus he's apparently scumreading
Cat Scratch Fever
whom I'm also slightly scumreading so that's a plus for him.

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”