Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: they/him

Post Post #625 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:12 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 622, MathBlade wrote:But at the same time I want to see if you’re town so going to be on your wagon. If CSF is town you die at some point
If it’s scum I might not poison you
Ill get to ur other points when I get home but I would like to add that u should kill me regardless to confirm your role. If you do not, everyone should assume you are scum.

In addition. Why are you assuming town!me relies on CSF being scum? I am town and thus I havr no idea if they are actually scum or not yet u are acting likr I have redchecked them and thus a 1 for 1.
"Am I a ghost like you, caught between the seams of two intertwining melodies?"

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #626 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:12 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 624, Toogeloo wrote:
In post 547, Dwlee99 wrote:Toog feels radically different from here
viewtopic.php?t=88618&f=23&st=0&sk=t&sd ... er_sort=Go
My meta is very simple.

If I am losing sleep at night, I'm scum.
Self meta ew

wiki // GTKAS
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #627 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:16 am

Post by Nero Cain »

just gonna sneak in a vc...
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #628 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:50 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Vote Count 2.4

Panda fact #18:Baby panda's are cute.

[4]Cat Scratch Fever:
JacksonVirgo, Toogeloo, MegAzumarill, MathBlade
[2]Greeting:
Malakittens, Cat Scratch Fever
[2]MegAzumarill:
StrangeMatter, Vanderscamp
[1]Toogeloo:
Dwlee99
[1]Malakittens:
Greeting
[1]Dwlee99:
wavemode

Not Voting (0):

With 11 alive, it's 6 to eliminate.

Deadline for Day 1 is Wednesday, March 17th at 5:30ish pm CST.

Deadline Timer:
(expired on 2022-03-17 19:00:00)

Oh fuck. I clicked on the wrong post here. But this post said "LMAO."
Last edited by Nero Cain on Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:33 am, edited 2 times in total.

wiki // GTKAS
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #629 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:59 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 625, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 622, MathBlade wrote:But at the same time I want to see if you’re town so going to be on your wagon. If CSF is town you die at some point
Ill get to ur other points when I get home but I would like to add that u should kill me regardless to confirm your role. If you do not, everyone should assume you are scum.

In addition. Why are you assuming town!me relies on CSF being scum? I am town and thus I havr no idea if they are actually scum or not yet u are acting likr I have redchecked them and thus a 1 for 1.
That was a misspeak in a hurry I meant heal you

But yeah I see your point.

I was trying to bluster you to see how strong your CSF read was.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #630 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:15 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Game feels like it slowed down a bit.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #631 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:17 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 629, MathBlade wrote:

I am confident in it but I am not a fool. By no means am I certain.

Now the question I have for you. Do you reciprocate the read at all or is your vote purely just to solve me in a sense

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #632 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:17 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 630, Toogeloo wrote:Game feels like it slowed down a bit.
It has. And I am also somehow the second highest poster now which is... Quite sad

wiki // GTKAS
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #633 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:20 am

Post by MathBlade »

In post 631, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 629, MathBlade wrote:

I am confident in it but I am not a fool. By no means am I certain.

Now the question I have for you. Do you reciprocate the read at all or is your vote purely just to solve me in a sense
More a vote of consolidation frustration. None of the wagons I want are progressing and explanations don’t help
So I would rather flip who you are saying then use your flip and that person as a barometer for the game. I will be dead and you will be dead so it’s like whatever
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #634 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:52 am

Post by wavemode »

is there an actual case on CSF aside from the fact that JV misread her

if there is I missed it
retired...?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #635 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:57 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 634, wavemode wrote:is there an actual case on CSF aside from the fact that JV misread her

if there is I missed it
1. I didn't.
2. Can you read my full case instead of assuming or purposeful strawmanning my argument

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #636 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:01 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 633, MathBlade wrote:More a vote of consolidation frustration. None of the wagons I want are progressing and explanations don’t help
So I would rather flip who you are saying then use your flip and that person as a barometer for the game. I will be dead and you will be dead so it’s like whatever
Can you throw your cases my way in one post preferably instead of quotes because as it stands now I think we both are on as good ground as we are gonna get and I want to read from a state such as this rather than when I was repulsed by your gamestate

wiki // GTKAS
wavemode
wavemode
Mafia Scum
wavemode
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #637 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:03 am

Post by wavemode »

you stated CSF had no scumreads. but her list was a ranking, hence the names at the bottom were the scumreads

then you got into a pointless argument about the semantics of "scumlean" vs "scumread"

help me out, what am I missing. like, if your argument is that she is not strongly confident in her scumreads, then you should probably also be scumreading half the players in this game. so why are you not
retired...?
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #638 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:07 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

In post 637, wavemode wrote:you stated CSF had no scumreads. but her list was a ranking, hence the names at the bottom were the scumreads

then you got into a pointless argument about the semantics of "scumlean" vs "scumread"

help me out, what am I missing. like, if your argument is that she is not strongly confident in her scumreads, then you should probably also be scumreading half the players in this game. so why are you not
You are again taking one portion of my case the absolute entirely and then complainin about the absurdity.

I am on mobile, I will give a more in depth clarification when I get home to my laptop

wiki // GTKAS
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #639 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:07 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

Ignore broken english aha

wiki // GTKAS
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #640 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:33 am

Post by Toogeloo »

In post 634, wavemode wrote:is there an actual case on CSF aside from the fact that JV misread her

if there is I missed it
I think Cat only cares about their appearance and is currently in lay low mode hoping this push will pass and something new and shiny shows up to take off the heat.
Greeting
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Greeting
he/him; they/them
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #641 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:20 am

Post by Greeting »

I am back, but very tired.

Greeting
is town.

This is very clearly a prod dodge.

I will catch up tomorrow after work.
JacksonVirgo
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
JacksonVirgo
they/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #642 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:23 am

Post by JacksonVirgo »

It appears that the distinction between scum-read and scum-lean would need to be addressed before going any further as the confusion, or lack of understanding why it matters is an issue here. I define a scum-read as being reasonably, but not completely, confident that they are scum whereas a scum-lean is not being entirely convinced one way or another but think that it's more possible than not. I believe this distinction is necessary in this specific circumstance because I believe them to be hiding behind the crowd to protect themselves from backlash.

Giving out scum-leans instead of scum-reads is an easy way for scum to be able to remove themselves from the liability on having to deal with the end-result of a town flip. It also is much easier to form a falsified town-read on somebody like they are claiming to be their prime aim for their reading than a falsified scum-read, meaning if somebody does not have a scum-read at a specific state in the game it is very likely from scum who is unable to grasp onto the current game-state enough to generate a fake read, as it is harder to fake a scum-read that is believable than it is to have one as a town. This is the middle of day 2 and the most they have is a slight scum-lean on two players, even if you were focusing on clearing town rather than find scum specifically, not having a single thing more than a scum-lean that they are not even confident enough to simply
vote
without hiding behind Mala's own reason when they said "I'll vote with Mala".

Before any of you say it's just the layout of their tier-list that makes me think it's a scum-lean, if you believe that to be the case you need to read the game. They posted a detailed list a post of theirs or two prior to the tier-list saying that they are
specifcially
null-scum. Nobody is lower than a null-scum to them, does this seriously not raise any concern at all to many of you?

wiki // GTKAS
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #643 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:09 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 637, wavemode wrote:you stated CSF had no scumreads. but her list was a ranking, hence the names at the bottom were the scumreads

I'm not sure what else to really explain it at this point other than what I've said. I'm still reading them them as scummy from what I've already said.

Though your reaction and defense makes me like one of [CSF, Wavemode] flipping here.
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #644 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:01 pm

Post by MathBlade »

In post 636, JacksonVirgo wrote:
In post 633, MathBlade wrote:More a vote of consolidation frustration. None of the wagons I want are progressing and explanations don’t help
Can you throw your cases my way in one post preferably instead of quotes because as it stands now I think we both are on as good ground as we are gonna get and I want to read from a state such as this rather than when I was repulsed by your gamestate
I don’t have time for cases no

And I am a wee bit tipsy because bday weekend

Pretty sure my cases would be more unintelligible than usual
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support

Post Post #645 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by MathBlade »

Mines more strategic

If you’re scum CSF town then Toog or Dwlee scum is pretty much proven
If you’re town CSF town then town knows that find scum on wagon
If you’re town CSF scum then woo hoo we got something out of it
And if you’re scum and CSF scum then hooray

So I kinda see no point towards doing the brain engagey shit while tipsy

There case done much as I care too atm
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #646 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:13 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 621, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 616, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 586, StrangeMatter wrote:Well, it's mostly the scumleans they have which I find are odd reasons that just gives the impression of "I need to have scumleans in my reads list." over thinking, "These people are leaning towards being scum to me." is a really odd and their reasons don't feel very fleshed out to say how they could be scummy or be an actual read.
Which reasons didn't feel fleshed out?
I already highlighted which reasons weren't fleshed out, which were the scumleans that you put down making sense to me as someone who made things up on the spot.
I was asking more which reasons do you think weren't real or fleshed out, because this is very vague? And by not fleshed out, do you mean to say that they were underexplained or did you feel that the reasons were flimsy and/or not scum indicative?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #647 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:14 pm

In post 622, MathBlade wrote:VOTE: Cat Scratch Fever

Doing birthday stuff little time to post

Whatever Jackson’s alignment it’s clear he doesn’t like my play

But Occam’s razor is you’re informed scum versus coincidentally joking two roles together out of the hundreds of normal roles there are.

Occam’s Razor is the simplest answer is usually right and it’s much simpler to be informed and joking than unprompted guess my role

I feel it’s in bad taste to say Occam’s razor is with you when my entire argument is it is not

But at the same time I want to see if you’re town so going to be on your wagon. If CSF is town you die at some point
Do you have a read on me?
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #648 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:18 pm

Jackson you are almost singularly focused on me. If you genuinely think that not having scumreads is scummy, what are your other reads?
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #649 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:41 pm

Post by Malakittens »

In post 645, MathBlade wrote:Mines more strategic

If you’re scum CSF town then Toog or Dwlee scum is pretty much proven
If you’re town CSF town then town knows that find scum on wagon
If you’re town CSF scum then woo hoo we got something out of it
And if you’re scum and CSF scum then hooray

So I kinda see no point towards doing the brain engagey shit while tipsy

There case done much as I care too atm
uuuuh
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015

Return to “Completed Mini Theme Games”