Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon
Pronoun: She

Post Post #1475 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:03 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1455, MagikHorse wrote:Thinking from work, it feels like such a strange thing to include a role block as part of a fake claim. It could be the most clever of ruses, but the odds are too low for that.

Need to check on something else real quick, because something has caught my eye among the VT claims. Undoubtedly our remaining scum are in there. 3/5 odds of a good scum elim in there.
also fwiw: I think scum MIGHT have some natural motivation to include a role block as part of a fake claim to prevent less info from leaking out (even if fake results are wifom) but I def sympathize with that point and felt it myself
i'm curious about what you meant by the VT thing
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1476 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:04 am

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1470, Firebringer wrote:I miss nero. This game would be more lively if he were here. :(
did i life the game enough can i go now??? may i be excused???
i need to run some errands so i'll be back tonight :mrgreen:
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1477 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:06 am

Post by hellbooks »

actually one more thing i remembere which is that fb, if you think its tej/magik that means that frog double bussed D1 which i will say is NOT like impossible (like it could have just been a kamikaze opening gambit from the scum team to bank up a ton of town cred) but i think it feels too convoluted for me to easily accept it as the truth
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1478 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:17 am

Post by Tejate Raichu »

I don't really have much to say as far as reads yet, I went down with the sickness yesterday and I've been even more exhausted. Big thing I have to say right now is this: mechanically speaking, I think we should never lim hellbooks today. I'm going to assume that Pooky didn't include a cop of unknown sanity (I would hope at least) which means that if hellbooks is scum, by necessity, Scorpious is also scum. But scum!Scorpious doesn't actually necessarily mean scum!hellbooks. Therefor, I propose that we straight up eliminate hellbooks from the elimination pool.

As for the neighborhood, I've already given up on that. I didn't see a single thing that hints at their powers at all. Unfortunately, I think we're going to have to play this day mostly mountainous.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1479 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 10:23 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1478, Tejate Raichu wrote:I don't really have much to say as far as reads yet, I went down with the sickness yesterday and I've been even more exhausted. Big thing I have to say right now is this: mechanically speaking, I think we should never lim hellbooks today. I'm going to assume that Pooky didn't include a cop of unknown sanity (I would hope at least) which means that if hellbooks is scum, by necessity, Scorpious is also scum. But scum!Scorpious doesn't actually necessarily mean scum!hellbooks. Therefor, I propose that we straight up eliminate hellbooks from the elimination pool.

As for the neighborhood, I've already given up on that. I didn't see a single thing that hints at their powers at all. Unfortunately, I think we're going to have to play this day mostly mountainous.
I’ve been reading you town this entire game and I can confirm He’ll. I’m looking into these VT claims, myself. Hopefully have something nice to offer later in the evening
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Not_Mafia
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Not_Mafia
Smash Hit
Smash Hit

Post Post #1480 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 1:04 pm

Post by Not_Mafia »

I can definitely see Pooky putting an all town neighbourhood in a game, especially when they're all vigs, Neighbour is a shit role where everyone gets eliminated eventually because "there has to be a scum in there", inciting that paranoia and wifom in a hood of all town vigs is definitely something I would do and I can see Pooky doing it to
Also, what is NM doing? Worst play I’ve ever seen.
I can't remember the last N_M post that wasn't bland, unimaginative and lame. Some shitposters are at least somewhat funny. You are the epitomy of the type of poster that nobody would miss if you were to suddenly disappear. You never add anything of value.
I'm guessing you haven't read the game and probably never will? Why even sign up to play?
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1481 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 8:41 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1477, hellbooks wrote:actually one more thing i remembere which is that fb, if you think its tej/magik that means that frog double bussed D1 which i will say is NOT like impossible (like it could have just been a kamikaze opening gambit from the scum team to bank up a ton of town cred) but i think it feels too convoluted for me to easily accept it as the truth
Quite frankly I've found this odd from the get-go, base assumptions made without any deep thought to them, and I have yet to see him really take much note of anything said towards our slots. Either he's keeping stuff to himself or he's not reconsidering much at all and running on his gut alone, using whatever logic comes to mind and ignoring everything else. It's a different breed of Fire compared to the one we've seen for the rest of the game.

Fire also claimed to hint that he was going to take a Vigi shot on N_M, which is something I think I've spotted in his ISO. That opens up a world in which a scum!Fire is in that Vigi PT and faked that to look like he fit in with the rest of the Vigis. No guarantee that it's the case, there is potentially a world where he was indeed trying to bait a scumkill albeit rather poorly, but it's a possible explanation on why he might feel the need to do that. This is that thing I noticed the other day, and if it didn't look like it was already coming down to our final big shot I'd probably push on that harder.

Fire is ultimately proving to be my biggest conundrum either way. I'll try to focus on more slots tomorrow, but my weekend has been rather busy and I've stayed up way too late as it is. I have to wonder if Fire makes anything about both the Day 1 and Day 2 elims occurring over someone poorly scumreading me though, since he seems to be shooting for those sorts of weird angles already.
PookyTheMagicalBear
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
PookyTheMagicalBear
Pooky got your back
Pooky got your back

Post Post #1482 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 9:31 pm

Post by PookyTheMagicalBear »

Official Vote Count

Not_Mafia
(1): Toogeloo

Not Voting
(7): MagikHorse, Scorpious, Tejate Raichu, hellbooks, The Keeper, Not_Mafia, Firebringer

With 8 alive, it takes 5 to eliminate

Deadline
: (expired on 2022-03-17 05:00:00)
Show
"I hope one day I can openly play as wolfy as Pooky and get zero pressure for it grumble grumble."
-MariaR

"I can't even look at the game anymore.
That evil teddy bear has got everyone twirling by his thumb.
It's like witnessing an slow but unavoidable train crash you can't stop."

-Norwee
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1483 (ISO) » Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:34 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

Real assorted thought salad hours

Spoiler: Response to Magik's 1481
In post 1481, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 1477, hellbooks wrote:actually one more thing i remembere which is that fb, if you think its tej/magik that means that frog double bussed D1 which i will say is NOT like impossible (like it could have just been a kamikaze opening gambit from the scum team to bank up a ton of town cred) but i think it feels too convoluted for me to easily accept it as the truth
Quite frankly I've found this odd from the get-go, base assumptions made without any deep thought to them, and I have yet to see him really take much note of anything said towards our slots. Either he's keeping stuff to himself or he's not reconsidering much at all and running on his gut alone, using whatever logic comes to mind and ignoring everything else. It's a different breed of Fire compared to the one we've seen for the rest of the game.

Fire also claimed to hint that he was going to take a Vigi shot on N_M, which is something I think I've spotted in his ISO. That opens up a world in which a scum!Fire is in that Vigi PT and faked that to look like he fit in with the rest of the Vigis. No guarantee that it's the case, there is potentially a world where he was indeed trying to bait a scumkill albeit rather poorly, but it's a possible explanation on why he might feel the need to do that. This is that thing I noticed the other day, and if it didn't look like it was already coming down to our final big shot I'd probably push on that harder.

Fire is ultimately proving to be my biggest conundrum either way. I'll try to focus on more slots tomorrow, but my weekend has been rather busy and I've stayed up way too late as it is. I have to wonder if Fire makes anything about both the Day 1 and Day 2 elims occurring over someone poorly scumreading me though, since he seems to be shooting for those sorts of weird angles already.
On the contrary, do you think it's possible that Nero was partially scumreading Fire because they do not share a neighbor PT? Though actually given his sheer confidence in his solve, maybe that's not that farfetched. I thought we might have been onto something for a second with the claims, so I'm going to try my best to see if we DO actually have something that can avoid pure mountainous.

Spoiler: Night action analysis maybe?
In post 911, Nero Cain wrote:<can alolan raichu even learn cut? snip snip.>

Andante
Firebringer

Tejate Raichu

Hellbooks
/Save the Dragons

poe is a bitch huh?
Ignoring what I think of this case as I'm sure everyone is aware by now, note that the bolded names are of those still alive. Of those non-bolded, we have Andante, who was limmed; and we have StD who was presumably killed by a vigi. I would rather not worry about the possibility of SK right now, remember we actually would almost prefer an SK to be alive right now than not. My point is, StD is in my mind the only person Nero Cain would have bothered shooting. And since they all shared a neighborhood, it is very likely that all vigis used their shots "efficiently" if you will, i.e. vigis would probably have claimed their target in the neighbor PT. What this means to me is one of three things: Nero's reads changed after Andante's flip and as such he did not shoot one of us on this list, Nero wanted to avoid shooting someone on this list because that someone was in the neighbor PT, or Nero was roleblocked as Scorpious claims there is a mafia roleblocker in the game (it's even possible they were roleblocked for correctly picking out the scum within the neighbors). As for what this means to me or which possibility I think is most worth exploring, I'm not sure yet. I'll get back to you when my brain is moving at more than 1 mile per hour.

Spoiler: A brief analysis of Frogsterking's "reads"
In post 747, Frogsterking wrote:<begone, extraneous text>
Town: momo (Vigi Neighbor),
N_M
Firebringer
, Nero (Vigi Neighbor)
Town lean: Andante (VT), Cat (VT),
Keeper
Null: (rest)
Toog, Scorpious, Hellbooks

Scum lean: Radical Rat (VT)
Scum:
Magik, Tejate

<sniiiiiip>
Just to save everyone the time, I added the living people bolded, added specific living players into Frogster's originally non-specific null reads, and have included the flips of everyone who is not bolded. Now, normally I wouldn't really bother to analyze a reads list from flipped scum, especially not one who doesn't really seem to be making that much effort to live at the time of posting. But do you notice something interesting here? Frogster never puts a vigi neighbor lower than his catch all null, and in fact the only two he DOES express an opinion on are in his toptown. To me, this reads list put in context of what we know now lends some credence to the idea of a scum among the neighbors rather than just having a neighborhood for the sake paranoia hour in the PT. Given that half of his toptown are vigi neighbors, would it be a logical leap to say that one of his other toptown might be the scum in the neighborhood? i.e. FB or N_M

And lastly, something that doesn't need to be contained to its own spoiler for readability: at this point, I'm kind of willing to bet the farm on hellbooks being town. After rereading day 1, I honestly can't see their push on Frogster as malicious. It didn't appear like they were just going for towncred, they absolutely wanted Frogster dead for the same reasons I brought up later. I'm not sure most scum players are brazen enough to attempt a super hard bus like that early day 1, let alone make it anywhere near convincing. I also still lean a little town on Scorpious after an ISO skim, but not quite as much.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1484 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:26 am

Post by Scorpious »

Ended up going out, and staying out.

I’ll try to get into this as I promised later.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Toogeloo
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Toogeloo
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1485 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 6:10 am

Post by Toogeloo »

Game seems dead. Many of those of the town faction must be feeling defeated already.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1486 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:12 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1483, Tejate Raichu wrote:Real assorted thought salad hours

Spoiler: Response to Magik's 1481
In post 1481, MagikHorse wrote:

On the contrary, do you think it's possible that Nero was partially scumreading Fire because they do not share a neighbor PT? Though actually given his sheer confidence in his solve, maybe that's not that farfetched. I thought we might have been onto something for a second with the claims, so I'm going to try my best to see if we DO actually have something that can avoid pure mountainous.
This is a possibility I wasn't thinking of, though the timing doesn't add up well to me. Nero's readlist against Fire was in , but I saw Fire's Vigi hint in , with perhaps a lead-up to it in . Unless Fire shows that his hint was actually earlier than 911, I don't think that's the reasoning behind the initial scumread at all. Glad someone was willing to look the idea over thoroughly like this, I'd rather discuss the proposition and talk it out than have the accusation go through perfectly smoothly. The latter would start to feel more like scum hoping for a mislim, and I'm a bundle of nerves in this game to begin with.

@Firebringer
Would you please point out the exact instance of you hinting at a Vigi shot on D2 to confirm it if it's not one of the posts I linked above?
In post 1483, Tejate Raichu wrote:
Spoiler: Night action analysis maybe?
In post 911, Nero Cain wrote:<can alolan raichu even learn cut? snip snip.>

Andante
Firebringer

Tejate Raichu

Hellbooks
/Save the Dragons

poe is a bitch huh?
Ignoring what I think of this case as I'm sure everyone is aware by now, note that the bolded names are of those still alive. Of those non-bolded, we have Andante, who was limmed; and we have StD who was presumably killed by a vigi. I would rather not worry about the possibility of SK right now, remember we actually would almost prefer an SK to be alive right now than not. My point is, StD is in my mind the only person Nero Cain would have bothered shooting. And since they all shared a neighborhood, it is very likely that all vigis used their shots "efficiently" if you will, i.e. vigis would probably have claimed their target in the neighbor PT. What this means to me is one of three things: Nero's reads changed after Andante's flip and as such he did not shoot one of us on this list, Nero wanted to avoid shooting someone on this list because that someone was in the neighbor PT, or Nero was roleblocked as Scorpious claims there is a mafia roleblocker in the game (it's even possible they were roleblocked for correctly picking out the scum within the neighbors). As for what this means to me or which possibility I think is most worth exploring, I'm not sure yet. I'll get back to you when my brain is moving at more than 1 mile per hour.
I can easily buy Nero shooting at StD inside the neighborhood in fear of an infiltrator off of this readslist, because the numbers and claims don't line up for the roleblocker to have successfully blocked any of the Vigilante shots. 3 dead Vigis + 1 dead Vanilla + 0 Vigi claims adds up too well. Presuming a Roleblocker exists, they hit either a Vanilla Town or Hellbooks the Doctor claim and effectively had no impact on the night actions.

Though it does bring up another oddity I've noticed with the night actions from the first night: Knowing now that there were 4 Vigilantes that were all likely in the same neighborhood, then which is more likely:
  • -One of the Vigis shot the Mafia nightkill target (CSF? Dwlee?), effectively wasting their shot by doublekilling them.
    -Hellbooks successfully protected Andante from a Vigilante shot
    -A Vigi shot a truthfully BP Scorpius, and so the shot failed
    -A Mafia Roleblocker blocked a Vigi, making Scorpius a liar
    -One of the Vigis decided not to shoot N1
With the information we have now, it's really, really strange that there's exactly 4 kills on the first night with 4 Vigis and a factional kill on top of that. I was thinking there were only 3 Vigis originally because of this, but now that we know there were 4 it comes across as an unusual number.
In post 1483, Tejate Raichu wrote:
Spoiler: A brief analysis of Frogsterking's "reads"
In post 747, Frogsterking wrote:<begone, extraneous text>
Town: momo (Vigi Neighbor),
N_M
Firebringer
, Nero (Vigi Neighbor)
Town lean: Andante (VT), Cat (VT),
Keeper
Null: (rest)
Toog, Scorpious, Hellbooks

Scum lean: Radical Rat (VT)
Scum:
Magik, Tejate

<sniiiiiip>
Just to save everyone the time, I added the living people bolded, added specific living players into Frogster's originally non-specific null reads, and have included the flips of everyone who is not bolded. Now, normally I wouldn't really bother to analyze a reads list from flipped scum, especially not one who doesn't really seem to be making that much effort to live at the time of posting. But do you notice something interesting here? Frogster never puts a vigi neighbor lower than his catch all null, and in fact the only two he DOES express an opinion on are in his toptown. To me, this reads list put in context of what we know now lends some credence to the idea of a scum among the neighbors rather than just having a neighborhood for the sake paranoia hour in the PT. Given that half of his toptown are vigi neighbors, would it be a logical leap to say that one of his other toptown might be the scum in the neighborhood? i.e. FB or N_M
This is even more interesting with Fire coming out early today in and specifically making the first read of Day 3 for N_M as town as well. If we believe in town!Fire then I'd agree that there may be merit in such a read (which would insinuate to me that the scumteam would be among Keeper+Toog+one deepwolf among Tejate/a Not_Mafia that fooled Fire/a fakeclaiming Scorpius), if Fire is scum it feels like protecting an easily limmable buddy.
In post 1483, Tejate Raichu wrote:And lastly, something that doesn't need to be contained to its own spoiler for readability: at this point, I'm kind of willing to bet the farm on hellbooks being town. After rereading day 1, I honestly can't see their push on Frogster as malicious. It didn't appear like they were just going for towncred, they absolutely wanted Frogster dead for the same reasons I brought up later. I'm not sure most scum players are brazen enough to attempt a super hard bus like that early day 1, let alone make it anywhere near convincing. I also still lean a little town on Scorpious after an ISO skim, but not quite as much.
Scorpius' town result on Hell guarantees that I'm not limming Hell today even if not for that. I've already stated that Hell's protects match with their reads as of the end of D1 and D2, and I agree that even if Scorpius is scum it could be an easy thing to claim that the Town Doctor is cleared through knowing the scumteam already.
Toogeloo wrote:Game seems dead. Many of those of the town faction must be feeling defeated already.
Mostly just ran from my birthday on Thursday to a weird Friday nap that turned into a full night's sleep unexpectedly to spending most of my Saturday with a friend and freezing my fingers off playing disk golf in 23 degree (Fahrenheit) weather and snow/wind combined with a Euchre tournament. Doesn't mean I'm not feeling the pressure though.
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1487 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:30 am

Post by Firebringer »

how is it a kamikaze openning gambit to push two of ur teammates in the way Frog was pushing tej/magik
i don't see how that is convoluted at all, when weaker scum players are in game they tend try to force situations of distance with partners that they don't need to which if its magik/tej and both of them are super active. Frog needs to interact with them in some way or else he looks weird. So why not force a distance by pushing em?

I don't see how that is suicide. Its more suicidal if both of magik/tej is town and frog was just going for most present players.
Show
"You are the Joker of mafia players" - Oversoul
"last time I was scum with Firebringer
his first post in the scum PT was "yes I rolled scum!"
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

His first post in the main thread was "yes I rolled scum!" -popsofctown
Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1488 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:34 am

Post by Firebringer »

this speculation of me being in neighborhood is silly. don't u think nero would shoot me if i was in a vigi hood night 1 if i was in a hood? and that i would out the hood?
Nero was scumreading me all game, if i was in a hood with him and the neighborhood all panicked on each other last night, i would be the one he shot instead i think he shot STD over paranoia.
Show
I decided to post "haha just don't post that in the main thread", but to get up to date on the main thread first.

Firebringer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Firebringer
Trail Blazer
Trail Blazer

Post Post #1489 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 8:38 am

Post by Firebringer »

In post 1480, Not_Mafia wrote:I can definitely see Pooky putting an all town neighbourhood in a game, especially when they're all vigs, Neighbour is a shit role where everyone gets eliminated eventually because "there has to be a scum in there", inciting that paranoia and wifom in a hood of all town vigs is definitely something I would do and I can see Pooky doing it to
this theory makes sense but also raises more questions and im not inclined to process it atm
also makes me paranoid ur neighbor but then i don't get why u would be alive at this point if u were.
Show

MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1490 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:41 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1487, Firebringer wrote:
how is it a kamikaze openning gambit to push two of ur teammates in the way Frog was pushing tej/magik
i don't see how that is convoluted at all, when weaker scum players are in game they tend try to force situations of distance with partners that they don't need to which if its magik/tej and both of them are super active. Frog needs to interact with them in some way or else he looks weird. So why not force a distance by pushing em?

I don't see how that is suicide. Its more suicidal if both of magik/tej is town and frog was just going for most present players.
And what of , , and ? You've claimed the entirety of Day 2 that it was nearly impossible for me to be scum off those interactions with Frogster, and it makes this complete 180 reversal of thoughts look incredibly strange to have forgotten something you mentioned thrice and seemed to hold such a strong conviction over being true. Even moreso when you keep pushing this "it was a double bus" angle as the best explanation on why I'm alive. claimed it odd that I was alive earlier, but still wasn't enough to be worth mentioning more than once and fell to the wayside of the interactions before. Why is now any different from then?

Like, it's incredibly frustrating trying to figure out if you're just freakishly paranoid about me under Mislim and Lose type pressure or if you're intentionally trying to keep me as an open option despite all prior claims you've made.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1491 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:47 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1488, Firebringer wrote:this speculation of me being in neighborhood is silly. don't u think nero would shoot me if i was in a vigi hood night 1 if i was in a hood? and that i would out the hood?
Nero was scumreading me all game, if i was in a hood with him and the neighborhood all panicked on each other last night, i would be the one he shot instead i think he shot STD over paranoia.
The point about Nero likely wanting to shoot you if you were in the hood is valid, I do believe he'd likely shoot you over StD if you were. Anyone outing themself as a hood member now would undoubtedly be suicidal at this point in the game however, at least without a Vigi claim attached to it and some really damn good explanations on why they're both alive and why their/someone else's shots haven't connected to anything.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1492 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:51 am

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1489, Firebringer wrote:
In post 1480, Not_Mafia wrote:I can definitely see Pooky putting an all town neighbourhood in a game, especially when they're all vigs, Neighbour is a shit role where everyone gets eliminated eventually because "there has to be a scum in there", inciting that paranoia and wifom in a hood of all town vigs is definitely something I would do and I can see Pooky doing it to
this theory makes sense but also raises more questions and im not inclined to process it atm
also makes me paranoid ur neighbor but then i don't get why u would be alive at this point if u were.
I think said theory is more than likely correct myself, though I don't see the same questions you are. I haven't seen the source material myself, but if there was a group of gunmen with suspicion of a mole among them then throwing all the Vigis in a neighborhood instead of a masonry would be a flavor explanation for it with or without an actual Mafioso among their ranks. Suspicion of a mole is sometimes even worse than there being a real mole.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1493 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1488, Firebringer wrote:this speculation of me being in neighborhood is silly. don't u think nero would shoot me if i was in a vigi hood night 1 if i was in a hood? and that i would out the hood?
wait a second -- why did you think that there was another vig though? are you making some deduction there?
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1494 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1487, Firebringer wrote:how is it a kamikaze openning gambit to push two of ur teammates in the way Frog was pushing tej/magik
im not up to date with "bussing meta" but i just have a hard time believing that frog would go about it in the way that he did. like he would just have randomly decided to name two of his partners and hyperfocus on them and ignore EVERYONE else. all the while lurking and drawing suspicion to himself
im not saying its impossible like esp with tej, i could see frog/tej because tej was a secondary partner. i could even hypothetically see frog/magik but i think magik is town outside of that interaction. but both just seems like weridly blatant and improbable
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1495 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:29 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1485, Toogeloo wrote:Game seems dead. Many of those of the town faction must be feeling defeated already.
blatant coast post tbh
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1496 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by hellbooks »

scorpious what are your reads
Tejate Raichu
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Tejate Raichu
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1497 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:34 pm

Post by Tejate Raichu »

In post 1485, Toogeloo wrote:Game seems dead. Many of those of the town faction must be feeling defeated already.
Look, I get that the situation is bad right now and I certainly don't have high confidence that we're even making it tomorrow let alone winning. But I'll be damned if we don't at least try. Speaking of trying, why make this post here instead of something actually content related? Just because we're not posting as much doesn't mean we're not thinking about the game.
Maybe so, maybe a hypothetical scum in the hood isn't necessarily just toptown. But I sort of doubt Frogster would put a hypothetical scum neighbor teammate below null, since his null list was kind of just a catch all "I don't have a read on them yet" and would thus give us pretty much nothing to really think about.
In post 1492, MagikHorse wrote:
In post 1489, Firebringer wrote:
I think said theory is more than likely correct myself, though I don't see the same questions you are. I haven't seen the source material myself, but if there was a group of gunmen with suspicion of a mole among them then throwing all the Vigis in a neighborhood instead of a masonry would be a flavor explanation for it with or without an actual Mafioso among their ranks. Suspicion of a mole is sometimes even worse than there being a real mole.
I agree that that is definitely a possibility, but given the deadline is not that far off, may I ask which you think is better to run with the assumption of for the rest of the day? The idea that there was a scum in the neighborhood, or the idea that there wasn't? Actually, that question can go out for everyone.
MagikHorse
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
MagikHorse
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1498 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:36 pm

Post by MagikHorse »

In post 1493, hellbooks wrote:
wait a second -- why did you think that there was another vig though? are you making some deduction there?
Reread my posts. I was speculating Fire of being in the Vigi hood over one of his posts, and he's explaining why he likely wasn't in this response. Nobody currently is saying anything about there actually being an additional Vig, only suspicion that there was potentially a Mafia in the hood. I'm starting to think that assumption of Mafia being in the hood is likely incorrect.

Pedit: There's your answer Tejate, was already on that.
hellbooks
hellbooks
She
Goon
hellbooks
She
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1499 (ISO) » Sun Mar 13, 2022 5:38 pm

Post by hellbooks »

In post 1498, MagikHorse wrote:Reread my posts. I was speculating Fire of being in the Vigi hood over one of his posts, and he's explaining why he likely wasn't in this response. Nobody currently is saying anything about there actually being an additional Vig, only suspicion that there was potentially a Mafia in the hood. I'm starting to think that assumption of Mafia being in the hood is likely incorrect.
fire said something about the "last vig claiming their target" earlier today

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”