humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:02 pm

Post by humaneatingmonkey »

Gamma what are you doing? you're doing nothing.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:03 pm

In post 199, marcistar wrote:VOTE: Meuh :good:
is this rvs? can you share your read on Meuh?
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:03 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 247, Gamma Emerald wrote:outside the traitor claim thing, the biggest thing that sticks out to me is dwlee justifying their rvs vote, it feels overwrought, so even outside the hood deal I have dwlee as leanscum
Do you think scum!Dwlee panics around town!Koba like that though? It would be a stark contrast to how SCP went.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:05 pm

In post 243, Roden wrote:Originally I kinda thought Koba was scum trying to hard push Dwlee for freezing up, but I like their interactions with GL. Dwlee idk on but they're a little too blatantly self-conscious right now for me to think their reaction to pressure was scummy. So they're a town read and lean respectively for now.
I townread Koba, but can you tell me more about what about their interaction with GL that makes you think town?
Do you think Dwlee was being blatantly self-conscious is town-indicative? Why couldn't they be blatantly self-conscious and null?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:11 pm

I understand NK15. I also read Koba's opening as a huge open crumb that they're the traitor. But it could have also been a reaction test. I'm not following why he would vote GuiltyLion though. Mostly, GL feels towny (but I'm hesitant to townread) and if NK15 wants to push there maybe he can clarify his read.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 252, Roden wrote:
In post 247, Gamma Emerald wrote:outside the traitor claim thing, the biggest thing that sticks out to me is dwlee justifying their rvs vote, it feels overwrought, so even outside the hood deal I have dwlee as leanscum
Do you think scum!Dwlee panics around town!Koba like that though? It would be a stark contrast to how SCP went.
maybe
we were all scum in a normal at one point
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:16 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

GL is probably my leading suspect aside from dwlee rn
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:19 pm

Why? I'm leaning into GL town because of the behind-the-scenes read change for a wagon that's gaining steam (isn't it counterproductive to do that as scum?) but it's not really hard to do as scum and can be tactical if Dwlee is a partner. Plus, when prompted, he actively tried to make me question his townness (another counterproductive thing to do as scum, yet might also be done to pocket me)

Looking for other perspective on GL before closing my read there.
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:23 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

I just get a vibe that's similar to his play in the white flag game where he was scum (the one cyrus62 modded)
I'll say your specific thought process does feel distinctly towny, HEM
<Embrace The Void>

DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:25 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 258, Gamma Emerald wrote:I just get a vibe that's similar to his play in the white flag game where he was scum (the one cyrus62 modded)
I'll say your specific thought process does feel distinctly towny, HEM
his insistence that there has to be scum in a hood skeeved me really badly.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:27 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

that's just bad theory imo
<Embrace The Void>

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 4:27 pm

seems reasonable though
In post 229, GuiltyLion wrote:Koba can be against lumping mechplay and dayplay, that's fine and I can empathize with that perspective, but it isn't going to change my opinion as it relates to the hoods and this game here. I know it's unsatisfying for you but I'm not really willing to discuss the point further, I will assure you that "being in a hood" is never going to be my sole or primary reason for wanting to eliminate somebody especially the deeper into the game we go
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:01 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 253, humaneatingmonkey wrote:
In post 243, Roden wrote:Originally I kinda thought Koba was scum trying to hard push Dwlee for freezing up, but I like their interactions with GL. Dwlee idk on but they're a little too blatantly self-conscious right now for me to think their reaction to pressure was scummy. So they're a town read and lean respectively for now.
I townread Koba, but can you tell me more about what about their interaction with GL that makes you think town?
Do you think Dwlee was being blatantly self-conscious is town-indicative? Why couldn't they be blatantly self-conscious and null?
I think scum!Koba would keep prodding there, while town!Koba would see that continuing to prod could potentially be anti town and back off.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Dwlee is good about self-image stuff as town and I agree there. Dwlee's town and scum play isn't quite night and day, but I feel that they could've easily handled it better if they were scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 248, humaneatingmonkey wrote:1) because town!koba knows where it would lead (a useless 1v1 with me) if they continue a facetious line of attack when they could just back off and explain themself
Regarding this point, wouldn't this reasoning fall apart if town!koba genuinely thinks that you are scum? Like you're assuming they think it's a facetious line of attack, when they might just actually believe they're onto you, in which case they wouldn't want to back off

I also don't like the way you have been defending me, it kinda feels like you might know that I am town and are trying to either buddy me or earn Critical Thinking Townie Points by pointing out that my play isn't scum motivated.

it's also not like I especially backed off on my Dwlee read, I realized one line of argument I had was a bit uncharitable (Dwlee was accused for what they would believe are NAI reasons yet gave a NAI defense as if it cleared them) but I'm still voting there, I still think Dwlee's a good vote
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:03 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

on the flip side, I townread Koba's dislike of my scum-in-a-hood assumption. I think that feels like a townie thing to get so wigged out by, because scum would both a) know that I am right in that world and b) possibly be self-conscious about how pushing back on the idea might look.
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:05 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 260, Gamma Emerald wrote:that's just bad theory imo
don't call it bad until we know if I'm right or wrong :P
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:05 pm

i think town!koba does not genuinely think i'm scum there.

i'm not trying to defend you. i'm actively making other people spell out why you're scum.

so why do you think it's still a good vote?
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:07 pm

In post 262, Roden wrote:I think scum!Koba would keep prodding there, while town!Koba would see that continuing to prod could potentially be anti town and back off.

Somebody mentioned earlier that Dwlee is good about self-image stuff as town and I agree there. Dwlee's town and scum play isn't quite night and day, but I feel that they could've easily handled it better if they were scum.
it was me who said it. i agree with this. i think Dwlee and Koba can both be in my townblock.
humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:14 pm

GL, why? Why do you think I'm scum? I don't even think Koba really believes what they're saying, but you do? Can you explain your read on me?
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:14 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 266, humaneatingmonkey wrote:i think town!koba does not genuinely think i'm scum there.

i'm not trying to defend you. i'm actively making other people spell out why you're scum.

so why do you think it's still a good vote?
eh, I dunno if I see the Relevant Difference here between "defending" me vs "making other people spell out why I'm scum", I understand those things aren't quite the same but my point is that the reasons you've giving for townreading me feel a little less like naturally drawn conclusions and more like reasons you could come up with to TR me while knowing that I'm town, and there's certainly possible benefits to scum taking that position on me here. I know regardless of your alignment you're prob not going to agree/see it that way, buuuuut that's how I feel

Dwlee is a good vote still because I have not yet felt any good townvibes from any posts they've made
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:15 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 265, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 260, Gamma Emerald wrote:that's just bad theory imo
don't call it bad until we know if I'm right or wrong :P
"bad theory" means regardless of whether it's correct or not, it's a bad assumption to make
hoods are like the number 1 thing people go pants-on-head about, including me sometimes
<Embrace The Void>

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:16 pm

that sounds like horseshit. why shouldn't i townread you?

what do you think about roden's read on dwlee?
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:17 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

what is even going on between you two
<Embrace The Void>

humaneatingmonkey
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
humaneatingmonkey
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:19 pm

Gamma where are you in this game
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 5:25 pm

Post by Gamma Emerald »

as in my reads?
you, marci, koba, and nk15 are TRs for me rn
dwlee and GL are suspects
<Embrace The Void>

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”