Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #6401 (ISO) » Sun Mar 20, 2022 11:39 pm

Post by DeasVail »

My reads are something like the following:

Town/Not touching this- Enchant, Galron, tenebrousluminary, MathBlade
Almost there: Save The Dragons, Nero Cain
Town but with more paranoia: April Ludgate, fireisredsir
There are some things I like, but not enough: Frogsterking, Scorpious, Titus, Eyes without a face, Cape90
Scum: VP Baltar

--

Save The Dragons

I worry about having Save The Dragons too high on my readslist, but honestly in this gamestate I worry about calling anyone town (for e.g. it took a lot for me to keep tene in the top townread spot) and so I need to make calls here and there. Part of this is based on a small degree of familiarity with Save The Dragons as a person. The light-hearted slightly troll-y vibe to a lot of his posts matches what I expect from him, and the relaxed feel of a lot of these posts I think fits more with town than scum.
Examples are , , /, .

comes across as genuinely annoyed at having been accused of not doing anything, but there's also a lack of guilty conscience there. I think scum "caught for the wrong reasons" respond differently here.

--

Nero Cain

I would probably have to re-think this in the case of a VP-town flip, but the stubborn and persistent suspicion of VP feels town. It's not particularly performative, for example, and even VP can't seem to decide whether it's scum or "bad town". The more recent "who has killed more town huh!?!?!" is the sort of nonsense that I wouldn't really expect scum to think of, because no one's going to take that seriously, but I can definitely relate to an underlying frustration at town deaths that might have been avoided if VP-scum had been eliminated earlier.

--

April Ludgate

A bit of a confusing slot for me. I found Ari's obstinence in regards to HEM to be quite town, and even though the Day 2 play was annoying, it had a weird confidence to it that I guess April-scum could probably fake, but definitely had the vibe of a townie over-estimating their own reads. The "woe is me" routine Day 3 obviously felt excessive and over-the-top, but in some ways I kind of believe . It feels pretty predictable that this town would
not
appreciate April leading them to a miselim and then talking about how they're going to be eliminated. I don't think April-scum would see that as realistic town play? I feel it would be so much easier as scum to just get on with it, without the antics? The antics just look bad! Why do that? The contradiction between that and saying that they "don't regret the Malcolm wagon" in feels more like town processing events and their role in it than scum trying to endear themselves to the town.

--

fireisredsir

I feel a bit terrible giving fire any side-eye because I honestly feel a bit betrayed every time they say I could be scum, and then there's the whiplash when they say they agree with my posts again! But for similar reasons to why fire probably thinks I could be scum, I must keep fire in mind as a possibility. Their posts are very reasonable. They're really thinking about what they're doing, in a probably town way. They're, if anything, leaning into the dv/fire connection that had been made by a few people earlier, and I like to think that's town, because I feel like the scum instinct would be to avoid that negative association. But it's the same reasonable-ness that gives me slight pause.

--

Frogsterking

I like the point that was brought up about Frogsterking fearing that VP was trying to set them up as a scumbuddy, but idk, I think that's the ony thing I would think more about when a VP scum-flip actually happens. Other than that, I kind of feel the suspicion in them sounding a bit more wild at the beginning of the game than more recently, but I liked their response to VP where they explained how they were trying to improve their play. idk, it felt earnest. I also still feel that them bringing my name up based on a scumgame of mine was a bit unnecessary for scum, unless they're scum with VP and trying to get people to go for me while "bussing" VP but even then the argument is not very effectively delivered so it feels like town? idk I think Frogster would be in the higher tier if not for the VP-buddy theory.

--

Scorpious

I actually kind of liked tene's townrad on scorpious and I don't think they're particularly scummy in any way, just... there's not much there that makes me go "oh yes that's town!". sorry I don't have more to say here, maybe later.

--

Titus

I think the most town thing about Titus to me is the way that they've interacted with MathBlade and tried to work with him. This is also not the Titus-scum play that I'm used to, but I also think Titus' mafia play has evolved since when I played with them more. What Titus does with their read on me will be telling for me, I think.

Eyes without a face

I had an earlier weak townread in . MathBlade's point about probably not coming from scum in a winning position, also resonated with me. But I can't help but wonder if the OUTRAGE throughout the thread is even real. The sheer opposition to the VP wagon (e.g. ) seems quite out-of-proportion with Eyes' townread, particularly given the lack of attempt to explain when given the chance in .

Cape90

There are no specific posts that stand out to me on a skim through the ISO. I think it's a classic case of an overall townie "vibe". There's a relaxed sassiness to their posts (yes I realise I've used this line before), and an easy sense of humour. There are also game-solving posts. There's a bit more complaining about MathBlade than I'd like to see, because I feel like that's just the cool thing to do and holds Mathblade responsible for miselims when that's not really fair. But then I like the swerve off Nero to April and not feeling the need to focus in the neighbourhood, because I feel like Cape90 would figure that that's what they'd be expected to do as town.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6402 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:07 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 6399, April Ludgate wrote:VOTE: VP Baltar

Yeah, VPB-Frogster-Enchant-Tene is my solve.
I have a hard time seeing how April actually believes this is the solve.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6403 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:10 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 6402, April Ludgate wrote:if im wrong on one, it's probably tene.
Tene and I have been fighting almost all game, with tene being incredibly obstinate to any worldview that doesn't have me as scum.

Frog was under no suspicion until I pushed and pushed him.

Enchant is a nothing burger slot.

This doesn't seen like a solve April comes up with if they are trying at all.
YOUR AD HERE

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6404 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:12 am

Post by Enchant »

if VP is mafia, who is then counterwagon now.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6405 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:13 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 6391, DeasVail wrote:And it's not, that's the thing. If VP is town, then that's okay. I'm happy to wear that, and I really just think that the game would be better off for VP's elimination regardless. But also, I think he is scum and could talk about my thought process in having come to that conclusion, but it's the sort of convoluted thought process that was to convince
me
to vote VP, not the sort of thing that I would expect to convince others.
Bullet point reasons please. I don't think you get a free pass to drop a vote and skate when you said you were going to reread and think about stuff.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6406 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:16 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 6392, MathBlade wrote:@VP
@Titus

If tomorrow isn’t elo why talk about it.
I was pointing out that Titus was making bad assumptions that you are going to live until elo, because I suspect that is still a few days away and you will probably get NKed before then.

If you take the confbias hat off for a minute, you would see that.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6407 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:19 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 6403, DeasVail wrote:town deaths that might have been avoided if VP-scum had been eliminated earlier.
Which multiple town deaths are those?
YOUR AD HERE

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #6408 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:33 am

Post by Scorpious »

This is like watching an anime tell a story over 6 seasons that could have been told in 20 minutes...

If VP is scum, he deserves on of those little badgy award things... Or dude need to just go start writing fiction.. He's used more "scum" material this game I have my entire career of mafia.

Not scum
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6409 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 2:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 6410, Scorpious wrote:This is like watching an anime tell a story over 6 seasons that could have been told in 20 minutes...

If VP is scum, he deserves on of those little badgy award things... Or dude need to just go start writing fiction.. He's used more "scum" material this game I have my entire career of mafia.

Not scum
Games like this make me wish I ever rolled scum.
YOUR AD HERE

Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6410 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 3:49 am

Post by Nero Cain »

In post 6351, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 6344, Nero Cain wrote:not sure why you suspect me, Fire
the gamestate doesn't really make sense to me if vp is maf so im considering other possibilities

but idk if any of those possibilities really make any more sense
talk to me about how you see the gamestate and how a scum VP doesn't make sense. Why were you voting VP if you thought he didn't make sense as scum? How do you go from Nero is ++++town for scum reading Titus to voting me?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6411 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:02 am

Post by MathBlade »

Cool
Then if VP is town then elim Titus then April in that order
If VP is scum elim Titus

That’s my final wish.
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
MathBlade
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
MathBlade
He/Him
Technical Support
Technical Support
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #6412 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:03 am

Post by MathBlade »

VOTE: VP

Won’t be on as much to be available to hammer
ScumBlade's eloquent performance left me utterly disoriented, debased, depraved and sent me spiraling into a horrific murky abyss with emotional turmoil and immense despair as my only companions until slowly I suffocate in my own gloom, surrounded by failure. I will never recover. -- Zachstralkita about Mini 1841
GTKAS -- MathBlade
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6413 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:15 am

Post by Enchant »

Not hammering thx
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6414 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 6413, MathBlade wrote:

Cool
Then if VP is town then elim Titus then April in that order
If VP is scum elim Titus

That’s my final wish.
And my final wish is that people listen to me. Titus should not be a first elim choice when you see my green flip. Jesus.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6415 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:17 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 6415, Enchant wrote:Not hammering thx
Even if you're scum, I know I can count on ur luv bb
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6416 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:17 am

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 6412, Nero Cain wrote:talk to me about how you see the gamestate and how a scum VP doesn't make sense. Why were you voting VP if you thought he didn't make sense as scum? How do you go from Nero is ++++town for scum reading Titus to voting me?
titus is my strongest scumread rn and has been for a while.
1) scum titus play today doesn't really make sense with vp scum. feels like she is TMIing vp town for most of the day. i think it's more likely that I was wrong about vp than that im wrong about titus. i also think that there would either be a stronger attempt at a counterwagon if vp was scum, or he would have just been bussed already and shut up. this whole situation where he is going to die but he has been talking and solving with people for a while just doesn't make sense to me if he's maf, unless it's a maf team who is very confident that they can set themselves up to look good on a vp scumflip. but i don't think anyone has really done that so idk
2) ive still voted him at a few points bc of wavering levels in my own confidence in multiple factors: the value of his flip, the likelihood that im letting scum vp slip away again, the possibility that im reading the gamestate wrong
3) i reread some more of your scum games and you engage with and attack and suspect more of your partners than i thought you did before. so if im basing it off the titus read, then i prob shouldn't be. i also started townreading both vp and cape more than i had before, which makes suspicion on you naturally go up. when i reread your iso with those thoughts in mind i find a few of the reasons I used to tr you to be less convincing, and a few of the reasons that others sr you to be more convincing. but it's not that confident of a read individually, more of a poe/gamestate read
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6417 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:18 am

Post by VP Baltar »

Shoot Nero
YOUR AD HERE

Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6418 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:22 am

Post by Enchant »

I wish i could.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #6419 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:28 am

Post by Galron »

It seems like we're going round in circles.
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6420 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:29 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yea we can just end it ig, it's not going to be anyone else at this point
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6421 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:30 am

Post by fireisredsir »

vp you're just a straight up town ascetic neighbor?
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #6422 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:30 am

Post by Nero Cain »

i mean you can hammer, fire
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #6423 (ISO) » Mon Mar 21, 2022 4:31 am

Post by fireisredsir »

yea yea i will
Enchant
Enchant