Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #500 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:08 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 494, DkKoba wrote:why are you suddenly hard defending them?
Because GL is obvtown and the game state wouldn't be this dead if town caught scum

Because I made the exact same read as GL and wasn't even questioned about it

Because I've been lurky this game and no one, not even the people getting run up, are pointing it out
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #501 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 498, Meuh wrote: It's the other way around though, I feel? :cool: If you wanna take a look at the way I open, Trust Fall is the outlier, not this game. Dunno why you specifically pointed out Trust Fall when you've played with me in several of these games:

My opener in newb 2054

My opener in newb 2058

My opener in newb 2061

My opener in newb 2063 (I was scum for reference)

My opener in newb 2084

Tbf Trustfall is my most recent game so it may be a bit more relevant, but I still don't quite get Marci's point here?

@Dk
I still wanna know when we've played together? I don't recall playing with anyone on this list other than Marci and HEM
isn't this kinda disingenuous when you have a bunch of content immediately after these opener posts? like I ISO'd you in the first two links and already you have way more effort/solving in your first ~5 or so posts than you do here, so marci's point still stands when you compare beyond the single opening posts, you are a proactive engaged town blocky player as town and you haven't been proactive this game
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #502 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:13 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 488, DkKoba wrote:i am fine if scum want to trade 1 for 1
I am not fine with it!! It's a terrible wagon and a terrible E-1!!
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #503 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:16 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

it's also worth calling out at this point that I responded to gamma
immediately
after he voted and he has nothing else to say? an hour later he's not even bothering to check to see what's going on in the "dead game"?

irresponsible play if he's town
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #504 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:19 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 501, GuiltyLion wrote:isn't this kinda disingenuous when you have a bunch of content immediately after these opener posts? like I ISO'd you in the first two links and already you have way more effort/solving in your first ~5 or so posts than you do here, so marci's point still stands when you compare beyond the single opening posts, you are a proactive engaged town blocky player as town and you haven't been proactive this game
I guess being fair, looking at your scumgame there's a lot more activity/effort there too from just a quick surface level skim

so like I'm willing to buy that maybe you've just been busy and largely unable to play so far, but start showing some of that town radiance here please
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #505 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:20 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 501, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 498, Meuh wrote: It's the other way around though, I feel? :cool: If you wanna take a look at the way I open, Trust Fall is the outlier, not this game. Dunno why you specifically pointed out Trust Fall when you've played with me in several of these games:

My opener in newb 2054

My opener in newb 2058

My opener in newb 2061

My opener in newb 2063 (I was scum for reference)

My opener in newb 2084

Tbf Trustfall is my most recent game so it may be a bit more relevant, but I still don't quite get Marci's point here?

@Dk
I still wanna know when we've played together? I don't recall playing with anyone on this list other than Marci and HEM
isn't this kinda disingenuous when you have a bunch of content immediately after these opener posts? like I ISO'd you in the first two links and already you have way more effort/solving in your first ~5 or so posts than you do here, so marci's point still stands when you compare beyond the single opening posts, you are a proactive engaged town blocky player as town and you haven't been proactive this game
Fair enough, although I don't think that's really the point Marci was making? She made note of only mentioning the very first post, but eh it's barely noteworthy
I think the more interesting game to look at if you wanna analyze my meta is my scum game: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=86564

I posted 52 times in the less than 72 hours I was alive, made 2 readslists by post #92. Is being gamesolvey and active typical to my gameplay? Yes, but it's not town indicative; it's just how I play.
I've been around less this game because of the internet issues I already mentioned, followed by some procrastination on catching up on the 400 or so posts I missed. :cry:
I'm not doing the detailed catchup thing anymore btw, it's slow and makes me procrastinate when I could be much more helpful actually engaging in discussion

PEdit: ope yep! :lol:
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #506 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:23 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 328, marcistar wrote:I've played with Meuh quite a bit since we're friends, I often send her game links and ask her to sign up with me!! In all of those games, she's been town and I think she usually just ... has alot more to say than she already has at this point. I feel like shes usually out there very townily towning it up and being sort of like a townblock creator. So I think its weird she hasn't done much yet, i'm not sure if shes scum but I wanna see whats up yknow? !!
this was the point marci was making

you said you "don't mind her posting so far", and agreed with me on marci town vibes tho you said my point was "surface level", has your read on her changed since or do you think she's just town and wrong?
marcistar
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
marcistar
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #507 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by marcistar »

In post 498, Meuh wrote:Dunno why you specifically pointed out Trust Fall when you've played with me in several of these games:
maybe if u read u would realize someone name dropped trust fall first, so i was easily just trying to drop an example that not only me would recognize : P
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #508 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:34 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 484, DkKoba wrote:My issue with the treatment of your wagon comes from the lack of what i feel is tangible solving you are doing towards people and thats why i want hard pressure on you
this claim kinda feels like bullshit to me Koba as I'm sitting with it

like is your argument that I'm not doing any real solving at all? Or that my solving doesn't meet your criteria of "tangible"?

feels like a bizarre justification for your vote when you're voting alongside slots like NK15, Chaos Omega, Gamma who by any remotely fair or objective metric are doing a lot less "tangible solving". And when my (only) counterwagon Meuh is also not doing "tangible solving"

would have felt a lot more believable to me if you indicated it was a paranoia read, but instead you're just accusing me of something which feels patently unfair and untrue
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #509 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:35 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

@Dwlee - how would you describe Koba's posting towards you in the hood so far? any vibes of possible pocketing?
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #510 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by DkKoba »

You are not the same player as those 3 lol
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #511 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

ok, what kind of player am I then, like what about my reaction to pressure has not felt to you like how I would behave as town
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #512 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:42 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 506, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 328, marcistar wrote:I've played with Meuh quite a bit since we're friends, I often send her game links and ask her to sign up with me!! In all of those games, she's been town and I think she usually just ... has alot more to say than she already has at this point. I feel like shes usually out there very townily towning it up and being sort of like a townblock creator. So I think its weird she hasn't done much yet, i'm not sure if shes scum but I wanna see whats up yknow? !!
this was the point marci was making

you said you "don't mind her posting so far", and agreed with me on marci town vibes tho you said my point was "surface level", has your read on her changed since or do you think she's just town and wrong?
Me saying your post was fine was more so saying your point was valid and I could see town come to your conclusion and less so a statement on Marci's alignment, if that makes any sense? I was more concentrated on you than on Marci when reading those posts since it's right after your intro

Marci scumreads me a lot and I scumread her a lot. I don't think I'm particularly good at reading her; my perspective of her in the one game she was scum vs me wasn't really different than from her town games.
The reason I'm focusing down on her read on me here is because I think regardless of alignment she'd be likely to scumread me here.
Scum!Marci has an easy read on me to bring down for meta reasons and the backing of not being reliable on my alignment in a scenario where I flip :eek:
Town!Marci is fairly likely to get bad vibes from me in general :lol:
The scrutiny is because I'm trying to see if she's being completely genuine in her points, or if she's manufacturing a read on me. So far I could see town!Marci making the points she's making, so I'm leaning towards town and wrong at the moment
I don't feel strongly about her other content because frankly I'm not sure how to approach reading her when it's been mostly mediocre on my end in past games. It just reads like Marci posts. Town, scum? Idk :oops:
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #513 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:43 pm

Post by DkKoba »

I treat everyone as their own person and not a monolith

Telegraphing a push towards me now? (;

And how does it "feel" patently untrue ROFLLLLLLLLL
Let's say you're town

I think from town pov you say "that IS untrue" rather I'm confused by your word choice here.
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #514 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:44 pm

Post by DkKoba »

also i think roden/gl are a potential s/s pair
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #515 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:45 pm

Post by DkKoba »

roden has barely been in the game and showed up out of nowhere to defend GL hard and it stinks of rodens lurkadurk scumgame where she is losing a strong scum
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #516 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:46 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 511, GuiltyLion wrote:ok, what kind of player am I then, like what about my reaction to pressure has not felt to you like how I would behave as town
I need to stop being so GOATed at this game
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #517 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:47 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Oops didn't mean to quote that
retired
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #518 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by Roden »

In what universe do I defend my scum buddy Day 1 instead of just bus them?? I've literally hard bussed my scum buddy in my first post Day 1 before lol, I don't hard defend buddies.

Tbh Koba you've seen my scum game twice now, it works just fine and it definitely isn't this. Maybe your read is just wrong and mine is right.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #519 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:51 pm

Post by DkKoba »

But also to answer that question I have no idea! I just saw that people said you have a strong scumgame that can resemble this. I don't think you've said anything too complex and it pinged me. I think you'd be searching for scum on your wagon, and while you seem to be pivoting to me, I don't think it's a towny pivot bc it is a reactionary response to my further in depth pressure,

You feel caught for not quite the correct reasons and yknow that's fine.

I'm still likely to keep you around for the day so you can spew bc I like talkative players
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #520 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:52 pm

Post by DkKoba »

In post 518, Roden wrote:In what universe do I defend my scum buddy Day 1 instead of just bus them?? I've literally hard bussed my scum buddy in my first post Day 1 before lol, I don't hard defend buddies.

Tbh Koba you've seen my scum game twice now, it works just fine and it definitely isn't this. Maybe your read is just wrong and mine is right.
In the world where the scum in question has to endgame and ur facing someone who can read scum you with scary accuracy and the last scum is either traitor or a weak scum player
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #521 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:53 pm

Post by DkKoba »

Though tbf there's no point casing you to yourself
retired
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #522 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:58 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 520, DkKoba wrote:
In post 518, Roden wrote:In what universe do I defend my scum buddy Day 1 instead of just bus them?? I've literally hard bussed my scum buddy in my first post Day 1 before lol, I don't hard defend buddies.

In the world where the scum in question has to endgame and ur facing someone who can read scum you with scary accuracy and the last scum is either traitor or a weak scum player
When have you read me accurately? You town read me both times I was scum and bought my fake attempt to appeal to Dwlee back in SCP.

I would and have easily bussed the PRs in my team. Obviously you're not reading me correctly here, but I don't think you can read me in general. If I'm scum with GL I would've bussed him ages ago and buddied you until you town read me so I could NK you in peace. Scum me has no reason to draw out your ire, because I know you can out argue me and that you generally have more influence over the game than I do.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #523 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 12:59 pm

Post by Meuh »

@Dk
Aren't you concerned about the gamestate? I thought that was a valid point.
It's pretty silent, with someone sitting comfortably with 5 (now 6) votes on them without much protest? Or do you think this is realistic for scum!GL here? AFAIK peaceful gamestates tend to be indicative of either:
1. Inactive scum/scum just not caring
2. Scared/resigned scum
3. Scum approval of the direction town's headed

I find the third option to be fairly likely
Don't really get your confidence and comfort here, why shouldn't we be questioning this gamestate? Why shouldn't we be questioning this push? :shifty:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #524 (ISO) » Tue Mar 22, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by Meuh »

In post 519, DkKoba wrote:I'm still likely to keep you around for the day so you can spew bc I like talkative players
If you want GL to spew, why not yknow, not leave him on E-1?
Seems like a nice action to take to achieve that :D

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”