Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Pronoun: They/Them

Post Post #600 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:17 am

Post by DkKoba »

the one world where i see roden and gl as t/t just got basically deconfirmed so im going full speed ahead
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #601 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:18 am

Post by tictac »

In post 464, GuiltyLion wrote:I think Chaos having the bravery to actually add another vote to my wagon is generally +town, I think scum that knows I'm town would be a little more tentative there, even if they vote me I think they'd play for towncred elsewhere. I don't like that his post nearly exclusively focused on me, hence why I asked about the townreads, but at least it was game advancing
== too scum 2 be scum
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #602 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:22 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

aaahhh word, I totally misunderstood and I can see your point there
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #603 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 7:23 am

Post by GuiltyLion »

hmm yeah I guess

"scum want me eliminated"
and
"Chaos voting me felt townie despite putting me closer to being eliminated"

aren't exactly super consistent are they

still overall don't like the Meuh passivity in contrast but yeah if Koba/Dwlee/HEM town then one of Chaos/Gamma likely scum
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #604 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:32 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

Seeking an replacement for Testarossa
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #605 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:51 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

ShadowGirl replaces Testarossa
Norwe is spontaneous, has a stream-of-consciouness posting style, usually posts on catch-ups by commenting on past pages posts, gets rather fired up in certain moments in games, is relatively as playful as me in games and likes casual shitposting

- Bunno
NorwegianboyEE
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
NorwegianboyEE
GLADiator
GLADiator

Post Post #606 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:55 am

Post by NorwegianboyEE »

[3] GuiltyLion: Not Known 15, humaneatingmonkey, ChaosOmega
[2] Meuh: marcistar, GuiltyLion
[2] Roden: DkKoba, Gamma Emerald
[1] Dwlee99: ShadowGirl
[1] tictac: Meuh
[1] humaneatingmonkey: Roden
[1] ChaosOmega: tictac

[1] Not voting: Dwlee99

With 12 players alive, 7 votes are needed for an elimination.

D1: deadline: (expired on 2022-03-29 21:32:48)

- Bunno
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #607 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 8:59 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

Hello everyone! :] I played way back in ye olden days and I'm excited to play mafia again! For now, until I read over the thread: UNVOTE: Dwlee99
I hope to post an analysis some time today.
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #608 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:17 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 540, DkKoba wrote:sure you can make a theory where it does come from town - but what implies it for you?

give me your thought process.
Of course any post can be made by someone of any alignment, but I feel like the ones Roden made line up with what town!Roden would logically do. :cool:
If there's a mostly undisturbed wagon on someone they don't think is scum with half the playerbase participating in it, why wouldn't they call it out and try to disturb it? The thought process behind contesting the wagon seems like one town!Roden would naturally come to.
If Roden is scum with GL, what do they really benefit from it? Why would Roden go against a solidified wagon on their partner? There's a slight chance they can shake things up, but it's unlikely.
If Roden is scum and GL is town, I also don't see why they'd be doing this? Towncred post-flip? It still draws a bunch of attention on them, so overall it doesn't seem like the option they'd choose?
When viewing the game from Roden's POV in different scenarios, to me it's more realistic for town!Roden to do what they have done. :D
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #609 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:23 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 607, ShadowGirl wrote:Hello everyone! :] I played way back in ye olden days and I'm excited to play mafia again! For now, until I read over the thread: UNVOTE: Dwlee99
Do you have an MU account?
retired
"1 thing I will give you Dk, I think you are very good at manipulating. I don't mean that in a bad way, I just think you [have] this way with yourself. You know what to say and when to say [it]." ~VFP
"Koba doesn't really have a scumrange/townrange, Koba will kill your pet cat to win a game" ~Pooky
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #610 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:27 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 609, DkKoba wrote:
In post 607, ShadowGirl wrote:Hello everyone! :] I played way back in ye olden days and I'm excited to play mafia again! For now, until I read over the thread: UNVOTE: Dwlee99
Do you have an MU account?
I'm sorry, I don't know what that acronym means. Is the wiki the best place to look up "newer" slang terms?
tictac
tictac
Mafia Scum
tictac
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #611 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:39 am

Post by tictac »

mafia unverse is another forum.
wiki is good if somewhat out of date.
newest thing is were not supposed to use the old term 4 elimination.
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #612 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:40 am

Post by DkKoba »

Ah ok i know a shadow who is also a girl from MU so was wondering if you were the same person
retired
ShadowGirl
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
ShadowGirl
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #613 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 9:44 am

Post by ShadowGirl »

In post 612, DkKoba wrote:Ah ok i know a shadow who is also a girl from MU so was wondering if you were the same person
Nope, not me. I haven't played on any other mafia forum sites other than mafiascum - and haven't played on here in nearly a decade.
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #614 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:20 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

In post 431, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 429, ChaosOmega wrote:323 reads lame. You and Dwlee are the two leading wagons, and it looks like the point you're arguing is more active == more pro-town. It's like you're looking for easier lims to push through instead of looking for scum, especially with the swing onto Meuh in 407. Is the reason you haven't voted for HEM that you don't believe you can build a wagon on them?
You misunderstand me here, I'm not trying to argue that I should be townread at large or seen as pro-town, but rather trying to understand how HEM could be so confident I'm scum given the early stage of the game and for pushing on a slot I saw as not likely to be confidently townread by anybody at that point.

The reason I'm not voting HEM is a) because I hate that he tried to manipulate/goad me into voting him and I refuse to allow him to bully my vote that way on principle, and b) because even though I find HEM vaguely scummy, I also don't believe I'm super likely to be correct there. I absolutely do start with easier to pressure/sort players on D1, I believe people who tunnel themselves on the hard-to-read high-activity slots are often wildly wrong in doing so and it's best to use D1 lim on lurky slots that don't have any real remote reason to townread them. I explained this in more detail in my last game I played and I stand by it here as well, it's far easier to imagine me just personality clashing/not liking HEM and being wrong than it is to find good quality reasons to townread a low activity slot that isn't yet even playing. Especially in Meuh's case as the town game marci linked did seem wildly different to her first posts in this game.
I think this is more of a playstyle difference, at least how I'm reading it. The confidence in the push from HEM reads more like bravado (or confidence in himself) more than confidence in the read. There is probably a better way to put it, but I can't think of it.

And that's fair with the personality clash. I've run into that issue a couple times in more recent games (one was Dwlee in the large we played together recently).
In post 433, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 429, ChaosOmega wrote:I also scumread NK15, the tone in their posting feels fabricated almost to the point like I'm reading a robot. The hyperfocus on the 1 scum/1 traitor thing is silly. It feels really unlikely that GL and NK15 are partnered given NK15's shift onto the wagon, so I think I'm wrong on at least one of my top reads here.

I've found it difficult to read Dwlee in the past, and this game isn't much new so far. @Dwlee, in 391, do you think GL/HEM is S/S?
also on this, I find it a little peculiar you're willing to put me at E-2 when you don't have a solid read on Dwlee and you SR NK15. maybe my brain just works differently but I feel like not being sure about Dwlee should mean you can empathize with how town in my slot would want a wagon there, and SRing NK15 should absolutely disincentivize you from voting alongside him. who are your townreads?
I didn't have anything really in particular to question Dwlee on, it felt more productive to pressure you. The NK15 point is valid, and I brought it up in my post that I'm very likely wrong somewhere here. Gamma has experience with him and says that NK15 feels town, so if that's just his posting style, I need to look past my view of his tone, which is definitely coloring my read of his slot.

Townreads right now are marci, HEM, and Koba.

-----

Alright, reading back through from my last post now.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #615 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:38 am

Post by Meuh »

In post 597, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 590, tictac wrote:meuh been cool during this l-1 thing.
also on this, I disagree. The following post:
In post 537, Meuh wrote:
In post 533, DkKoba wrote:And very soon after e-1
So was did I! :D I posted like 10 seconds after them.
I can see Roden's perspective and frustrations come from a townie here.
I can see a townie defend GL in such a way, because e-1's bad and gamestate's bad! Not scummy to think so tbh imo
Honestly Dk I don't really get the perspective you're presenting rn
would be very easy to write as scum who knows both Roden and I are town.
The "I don't get your perspective" is also to me a scummy turn of phrase, like it's engaging with Koba to disagree but with an assumption that Koba is town and not disagreeing so much as to put her foot down on anything substantial.

if your default assumption is that scum would want to get townpoints by defending me, Meuh's noncomittal/passive version is a worse look than Roden's

I also think Gamma looks worse than Chaos of people on my wagon too
The "I don't get your perspective" thing and the general passive-aggressiveness of 537 is because I got a bit frustrated with Dk, for the E-1 stuff and what I believe to be overconfidence on their reads. Frustration also because I think if their read on Roden is genuine, it seems to be born out of that overconfidence combined with conf-bias

This is why I logged off and went to sleep soon after, I'd rather not spend my time being frustrated over a game of mafia :lol:
Meuh
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Meuh
She/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #616 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:45 am

Post by Meuh »

VOTE: chaos
@dk feel free to use like arguments if u got something against this
@lion ur thing here boils down to "too scummy to be scum", which is not persuasive.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Better spot for my vote than still randomly on tictac
ChaosOmega
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
ChaosOmega
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #617 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 10:57 am

Post by ChaosOmega »

VOTE: Gamma

The L-1 vote with no conviction even though he's mentioned GL as a suspect reads bad, like he knows GL will flip town and is already trying to pivot. It coming right after GL's post that my vote is +town for bravery is a funny juxtaposition. Have to go, will be back on later tonight.
Is it any wonder things seem so awry? We swim in a sea of confusion and don't have to think to survive, so nobody listens!
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #618 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:04 am

Post by DkKoba »

In post 616, Meuh wrote:

@dk feel free to use like arguments if u got something against this
@lion ur thing here boils down to "too scummy to be scum", which is not persuasive.
Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Better spot for my vote than still randomly on tictac
Why do you agree with tictac?
retired
DkKoba
DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

DkKoba
They/Them
Survivor

Survivor

Post Post #619 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:05 am

Post by DkKoba »

Chaos often gets pushed in their towngames btw and i have often been one to have to defend them so heres my warning that i have not been pinged by chaos yet and am vetoing that push here
retired
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #620 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:25 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 593, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 557, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 541, GuiltyLion wrote:I'm 100% confident Roden doesn't "swoop in" to defend me like that as scum, there wouldn't be a need to
actually why tho
because I'm town and at E-1, what on earth does scum Roden gain from pushing so hard against the wagon that he attracts attention/votes instead? I'm useful to keep around scum should want me gone

I get that it will look different to someone who doesn't know my alignment but I give exactly 0% chance Roden had any scum agenda to what he posted. The better question is why do you think it's a scum-indicative action?
I think it's scum indicative
how
he went about defending you. It felt like he had too much skin in the game there. The only feasible explanation I could see for town!Roden to have felt that way would be if he had a tangible townread on you before the E-1.
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #621 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:30 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 617, ChaosOmega wrote:VOTE: Gamma

The L-1 vote with no conviction even though he's mentioned GL as a suspect reads bad, like he knows GL will flip town and is already trying to pivot. It coming right after GL's post that my vote is +town for bravery is a funny juxtaposition. Have to go, will be back on later tonight.
I only really voted there in order to progress the game, with the expectation being that I would cause some reactions from folks were weren't okay with a hammer happening. I do feel like GL's reaction is at least okay rn. Meuh I'm a little interested in her reaction but Roden's was definitely the one that pinged me immediately.

Also, I'll back the statement that Koba has a good read rate on chaos
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #622 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:04 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 592, humaneatingmonkey wrote:Why is Roden more concerned with defending GL than finding scum
No that's just the only thing people want to respond to. I've made a case on you twice now, and it was ignored by you and everyone else both times.
Not Known 15
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Not Known 15
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #623 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:07 pm

Post by Not Known 15 »

Koba, Gamma: Why did you move off GL and hopped on a Roden wagon? Yes, I know that you SR both.
Roden
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Roden
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #624 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:39 pm

Post by Roden »

In post 621, Gamma Emerald wrote:
In post 617, ChaosOmega wrote:VOTE: Gamma

I only really voted there in order to progress the game, with the expectation being that I would cause some reactions from folks were weren't okay with a hammer happening. I do feel like GL's reaction is at least okay rn. Meuh I'm a little interested in her reaction but Roden's was definitely the one that pinged me immediately.

Also, I'll back the statement that Koba has a good read rate on chaos
I town read you initially but the read is disintegrating before my eyes at this point.

You keep saying that I'm pinging you but you won't explain why. You keep accusing me of things, but when I press you to explain it turns out you don't have an actual answer or explanation. You're just saying things and hoping that you're blindly believed/that I won't push back in a logical way.

This is exactly why I brought up Open 835 earlier. Because at least when you were making a meta read there, even though you were completely wrong you still tried to explain how you came to your conclusion. We had a sizable back and forth but in the end, you eventually admitted you were wrong and backed off, and I was able to town read you for genuinely believing in your case against me.

None of that is happening here though. You're making meta accusations but you aren't trying to back up any of them. Tictac even just said your meta read of "Roden does argument tricks as scum" was incorrect and that it was more
your
meta, but you ignored that to repeat how much I'm pinging you.

You're not doing any real solving, and honestly your town meta of asking questions and diving into player motivations has been entirely absent.

VOTE: Gamma

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”