Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: he/him; they/them

Post Post #751 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:38 am

Post by Greeting »

Votecount 1.9
Avicii - Wake Me Up
(2013)

Commentary: Avicii was one of the biggest DJs of the 2010s. His sudden death in 2018 was quite a shock to me to be honest.

Scorpious
(4):
Galron
KittyTacky
Nero Cain
geraintm

Galron
(3):
Morning Tweet
Andresvmb
Save The Dragons

geraintm
(1):
Rathe

KittyTacky
(1):
PookyTheMagicalBear

Not_Mafia
(1):
Not_Mafia

Not Voting
(3):
angela
Scorpious
MalcolmTucker

With 13 alive, it takes 7 to eliminate.

Day 1 ends in: (expired on 2022-03-27 01:39:00).
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #752 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:55 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 624, geraintm wrote:VOTE: scorpious
In post 587, MalcolmTucker wrote:
I'm getting town vibes from Scorpious a good bit, I don't think their posts are perfect but for the most part they seem genuine in a way I don't reckon is too mafia at the moment.
this feels like the exact sort of post someone makes with a green flip in mine.
this and the subsequent post do ping me a little
Reading back and to respond to this I don't agree. Presuming you meant "green flip in mind", Scorpious has been under some pressure but isn't particularly in danger of going out yet because none of the wagons have solidified at all as such and pressure on Scorpious has mostly been fleeting at best. I get what you mean re mafia perhaps wanting to clear a town player to make themselves look good but I think this is weak, there's no contradictions re my previous thoughts on Scorpious and we've aligned with each other in some of our pushes on Andre at times for example.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #753 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:58 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

Also if Scorpious is town and goes out then this feels like a potentially perfect/valid cover for mafia, and accusing those of defending Scorpious of trying to clear themselves as mafia almost feels like a bit of a guilty deflection if you know you're mafia and doing the opposite here.

I get you obviously don't put much stake on D1 turns (I get where you're coming from but disagree), but this doesn't excuse what feels like a lazy approach and more important an incorrect view that those taking the opposite perspective to you on the matter are somehow more suspicious than someone who's just going on the main bandwagon because it's what they always do.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #754 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 11:59 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I'm not completely sold on geraint yet given the difficulty in reading them but with this and the Kitty vote I'm happy to leave mine there for now.

VOTE: geraintm
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #755 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:18 pm

Post by angela »

thoughts on

morning tweet/galron/nero cain

?
love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #756 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:25 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 755, angela wrote:
thoughts on

morning tweet/galron/nero cain

?
Morning Tweet's been pretty solid so far and looks like they're trying to drive the town forward at times but could also be good mafia play.

Galron's not said anything deliberately suspicious but feel like they're playing quite carefully and avoiding any major conflicts at the moment, could be coy mafia or just genuinely quite busy and struggling to contribute.

Null on Nero thus far. To be honest, as I've said not too far above, been struggling for reads a bit this game at times - feels like a lot of discussion has been quite meta with tit-for-tats about gameplay and how players are playing instead of proper content.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #757 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:40 pm

Post by angela »

what do you make of nero cain wanting to circle back to what you said about not mafia earlier?

and

do you think morning tweet’s assumptions about your potential play as each alignment are accurate?

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #758 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:50 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 453, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 447, angela wrote:
In post 426, Morning Tweet wrote:
In post 425, Morning Tweet wrote:I will say it's a lot stronger of a start than they had in our last game, that's for sure
(this is a joke and not what i want ppl to be taking out of that last post)

Although I do genuinely think Malcolm taking initiative rather than following another wagon at the beginning of this game is a good sign

you could argue they did it rather than follow because, say, maybe the main wagon at the time was on their buddy Kitty, but I'm not sure i lean that way. i think scum!Malcolm joins an existing wagon with existing town voices already helping rather than forge a brand new one on Andres, if their goal was to protect Kitty.
quoting this one in order to not quote the entirety of other one

i guess maybe i would more likely expect that sort of thing - find one thing, comment on it, build entire case out of it, barely mention anything else - to come from newish mafia rather than newish town
I don't think so. I'm thinking about "Where are scum and how do I even find them?" as newb town. I felt like i was faking it when i got a ping and tried to say something confident -- but it was my best

As newb scum I'm thinking about "How do I look natural?". And that was never building my own wagons from scratch, it was always trying to ask questions and look showy, but not actually try to get anything done. I'm not trying to affect the game

Course, this all hinges on whether or not my experience as a newer player (as well as some observations) lines up with how Malcolm plays. Which.. idk. But i don't have much more to work with
If we're referencing this here - then I'd be in general agreement with most of it but not everything, however I think it's all fairly solid logic.

Re my town play (I obviously know I'm town personally) I'd like to think I've been trying to advance the game with my fairly limited posts so far instead of either sheeping on the reads of others or just jumping on bandwagons. I've not done anything spectacular but have tried to avoid getting bogged down in some of the repetitive tit-for-tats the game has seen so far, a lot of which probably involve townies anyway.

While I've not got much experience as mafia on the site, I'm not sure I 100% agree with MT's read of how I'd approach the game as newbie scum - I reckon as a newbie I'd still be somewhat likely to pick out a player I think I can appear to legitimately be suspecting while perhaps knowing they're unlikely to be eliminated anyway, giving me decent cover while they remain in the game. Even when I'm a townie who's playing in a way that's genuine, I'm often wary of jumping on bandwagons unless I'm confident in them being genuine, partially because I don't want to look like opportunistic mafia when I know I'm not. But then I'd of course caveat all of the above with the fact I'm still somewhat newish to the site and would absolutely also be looking to adapt my play a fair bit as time goes on, especially if I know something might ping me for another player.

Bit of a ramble but that's my general thoughts on MT's read of me - two mins and I'll get back to you re Nero.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #759 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:55 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 559, Nero Cain wrote:lemme circle back to this
In post 250, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 248, Nero Cain wrote:if you played with NM before and he did this as scum then why are you saying that its a poor idea?
Because we don't learn anything from it if he does this all the time, it's clearly not indicative of his alignment.
In post 247, MalcolmTucker wrote:only played with them in one game, they did exactly this and turned out to be mafia.
if you've only played with him once and he did this as scum where are you getting the idea that its null? From others in this game?
@Angela, I replied to Nero re this at the time.

The general logic on NM was that they always quickhammer irrespective of their alignment.

My own thoughts were that just eliminating NM for the sake of it in turn one without probing other possible candidates was a poor approach and could be a decent mafia distraction which gains us little info if they are town.

The fact that they quickhammered as mafia didn't necessarily make them more/less likely to be mafia in this game. Frustratingly NM has given us basically nothing to go on so far anyway.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #760 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 12:57 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In fact my reply is actually in the quoted post, the indication from others was that NM always quickhammers if he has the chance to. That's not wrong is it?
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #761 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:01 pm

Post by angela »

In post 759, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 559, Nero Cain wrote:lemme circle back to this
In post 250, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 248, Nero Cain wrote:if you played with NM before and he did this as scum then why are you saying that its a poor idea?
Because we don't learn anything from it if he does this all the time, it's clearly not indicative of his alignment.
In post 247, MalcolmTucker wrote:only played with them in one game, they did exactly this and turned out to be mafia.
if you've only played with him once and he did this as scum where are you getting the idea that its null? From others in this game?
@Angela, I replied to Nero re this at the time.

The general logic on NM was that they always quickhammer irrespective of their alignment.

My own thoughts were that just eliminating NM for the sake of it in turn one without probing other possible candidates was a poor approach and could be a decent mafia distraction which gains us little info if they are town.

The fact that they quickhammered as mafia didn't necessarily make them more/less likely to be mafia in this game. Frustratingly NM has given us basically nothing to go on so far anyway.
i was more trying to ask you

what you make of nero cain wanting to circle back to this

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #762 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:02 pm

Post by angela »

In post 761, angela wrote:i was more trying to ask you

what you make of nero cain wanting to circle back to this
like what does this tell you about

nero cain

?

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #763 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:05 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it, the main thing it highlights is he was keen to discuss NM in contrast to someone like Scorpious who wanted to avoid the topic, but I can see both sides of the argument on that one so it doesn't influence a town/mafia read from them at all.
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #764 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:07 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I think it's possible Nero was maybe just slightly misunderstanding what I was saying initially, but it should have been clear I was predicating not just blindly voting for NM on the basis they apparently always quickhammer, something I believe was established earlier in the thread.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #765 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:08 pm

Post by angela »

In post 763, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it, the main thing it highlights is he was keen to discuss NM in contrast to someone like Scorpious who wanted to avoid the topic, but I can see both sides of the argument on that one so it doesn't influence a town/mafia read from them at all.
hmhmhm

i feel like, there is a lot going on at that moment in the game and nero cain shortly thereafter votes for scorpious and so forth,

and the post being circled back to was from long ago, so if i knew i was town maybe ears would go up

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #766 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:13 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 765, angela wrote:
In post 763, MalcolmTucker wrote:I don't think there's anything inherently wrong with it, the main thing it highlights is he was keen to discuss NM in contrast to someone like Scorpious who wanted to avoid the topic, but I can see both sides of the argument on that one so it doesn't influence a town/mafia read from them at all.
hmhmhm

i feel like, there is a lot going on at that moment in the game and nero cain shortly thereafter votes for scorpious and so forth,

and the post being circled back to was from long ago, so if i knew i was town maybe ears would go up
Where are you sitting on Nero here yourself? Your thoughts on the slot seem very mixed, it's clear you don't entirely trust them here but also seem to TR them too as well.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #767 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:16 pm

Post by angela »

In post 617, Scorpious wrote:So you like to “take the reigns of the game” ? Kinda like be the driver?
i probably wouldn't say that i like to, but yeah when it doesn't feel like the direction game is going otherwise is super likely to result in mafia being eliminated i do this and have even phrased it as taking the wheel previously

this game i would say that my general approach has been, try to get everyone to engage with the game in some way if possible, try to find the very most likely mafia day one, as that is the greatest advantage we can gain

like nero cain said somewhere in these pages, day one is actually the most important by a wide margin

like sure we can't win without getting the last day correct, but getting day one correct is almost assuredly biggest win % swing

also makes each subsequent day much easier if have day one as base

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #768 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:18 pm

Post by angela »

In post 766, MalcolmTucker wrote:
hmhmhm

Where are you sitting on Nero here yourself? Your thoughts on the slot seem very mixed, it's clear you don't entirely trust them here but also seem to TR them too as well.
current conversation with you is more about

trying to see how you're looking at game

rather than about nero cain so much

your description probably functionally close enough to how i am viewing nero cain

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #769 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:20 pm

Post by angela »

In post 768, angela wrote:current conversation with you is more about

it is like,

things don't happen in a vacuum for town right

like if you're town and nero cain brings this up,

it isn't simply about the content of nero cain's post

but for mafia it is, right

because the mafias are from the future

shrug

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #770 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:23 pm

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 768, angela wrote:
In post 766, MalcolmTucker wrote:
hmhmhm

current conversation with you is more about

your description probably functionally close enough to how i am viewing nero cain
As I've said above if I'm brutally honest my game has been fairly weak so far, been struggling for concrete reads.

As to why that is, partially it's because I'm often not great on D1 anyway with limited info, but also because I feel like the gamestate has regularly been stalled or interrupted by a lot of meta stuff and arguments not really related to finding scum. Plus we have some players with fairly unconventional styles who aren't doing much at all this turn to hunt mafia either because it's how they play or because they don't like D1.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #771 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:30 pm

Post by angela »

In post 770, MalcolmTucker wrote:As I've said above if I'm brutally honest my game has been fairly weak so far, been struggling for concrete reads.

As to why that is, partially it's because I'm often not great on D1 anyway with limited info, but also because I feel like the gamestate has regularly been stalled or interrupted by a lot of meta stuff and arguments not really related to finding scum. Plus we have some players with fairly unconventional styles who aren't doing much at all this turn to hunt mafia either because it's how they play or because they don't like D1.
i'm not looking for reads as much as like, the a to b to c

unless those reads seems like, hard for me to even imagine how they would be weighted in the way they are presented,

mm, obviously a lot of good players going to disagree with me here but i really think the best thing to do in situations where you are town and feel like you are unlikely to be helpful in actually finding the mafias (it me pretty often) is to do a lot of procedural things to help others find other towns/mafias and to make sure everyone knows you are town

because like, if most of the towns know most of the other towns are town town usually wins

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #772 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:33 pm

Post by angela »

In post 771, angela wrote:i'm not looking for reads as much as like, the a to b to c
like you thinking nero cain is circling back to that previous discussion with you because nero was misunderstanding what you were saying initially or because nero cain wanted to discuss not mafia

assumes nero cain is town, yes?

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #773 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:39 pm

Post by angela »

generally confused by pretty much every post made after andresvmb unvoted scorpious by players other than pooky

and the what does it mean though has to be in there if my brain worked at all

but alas

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #774 (ISO) » Wed Mar 23, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by angela »

In post 627, Morning Tweet wrote:and Scorp/Angela/andres all likely being town

At worst there's one scum in that group but I wouldn't know which rn
it's like, isn't there a lot of information that would point to which if assuming there is one town in that grouping based solely on recent behaviour at that time

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”