angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #825 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:05 am

Post by angela »

In post 822, Andresvmb wrote:Yeah I can see what you’re saying here. But you’re not really saying then what you’re thinking, which is that you think MalcolmTucker and/or Scorpious is Scum. If I’m reading your posts correctly, you seem to be saying that they both planned on pushing me with the hope that it would catch on, and when it didn’t (and instead made it more likely that one of them would be executed), they dropped the push and started looking elsewhere. Yeah?
i guess i was more saying that

that what you described there seems like a very notable possibility to me, and it seemed kinda odd for you to think, oh this change of tactic probably comes from town!

whereas to me it was like, could potentially come from town but i also see pretty clear mafia benefit to it

and like, other connecting factors that might support that

but if you want me to say what i was potentially thinking, it's like,

if malcolmtucker and scorpious mafia together, then there was never actually any traction on you and would have to abandon ship there to have someone other than scorpious eliminated

if scorpious mafia without malcolmtucker then maybe the jumping ship slightly less likely to happen? but i wouldn't really say that it felt like malcolmtucker was going to get you eliminated today at any point, so i wouldn't put all that much weight in this

if malcolmtucker mafia then would be disengaging from you because now unviable and maybe would want to look closely at the other current wagons for potential partners, as i have been pretty much the only one expressing suspicion there, outside of maybe nero cain? but that wasn't really more than just asking that one question (which if any of the other suspected parties are mafia doesn't really make sense right because you'd think mafia would at least check the tires on malcolmtucker push if a mafia is under pressure)

if malcolmtucker town then just townread you at that time as well,

i guess the other question with wagon viability and thought process with regards to malcolmtucker to consider there is that malcolmtucker moved to geraintm who also wasn't heavily pressured

gotta go look at malcolmtucker's read of galron again
love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #826 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:16 am

Post by Galron »

In post 808, Andresvmb wrote:If you think they’re more likely to want to appear Town instead of drive mis-executions,
Why do you believe that these are mutually exclusive?

Which situation are you applying it to?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #827 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:16 am

Post by Galron »

UNVOTE:

I think it started RVS then turned into a real vote for some reason and now I'm not sure.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #828 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:17 am

Post by Andresvmb »

I think there’s an emotional component to this. I think Scorpious was somewhat emotionally invested in getting me executed. From their posts to how they were approaching me, it felt like they truly wanted to convince others that I’m Scum. I thought it was emotionally difficult for Scorpious to pivot when they did. I think in my head I saw that as being done out of a desire to get the right answer, which I felt was Towny. That’s probably what overall lead me to say that I felt it was more often coming from Town.

I appreciate what you’re doing, which is that you’re considering all of the alternatives, but I guess I arrived at the conclusion that it tilted positively and didn’t immediately explain why. I was also kind of annoyed at unvoting. I have an ego too, and admitting that I feel I was wrong isn’t what I want to be doing. I would much rather be right and have Scum just have to move away from me because they can’t win a fight against me.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #829 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:18 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 826, Galron wrote:
In post 808, Andresvmb wrote:If you think they’re more likely to want to appear Town instead of drive mis-executions,

They’re not necessarily mutually exclusive, but it’s easier to be TR if you’re not the person leading an execution D1 on Town.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #830 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:21 am

Post by angela »

In post 805, geraintm wrote:
In post 777, angela wrote:
In post 700, geraintm wrote:you know what, it is a contradiction. but once i sorta commit to a way of voting i kinda have to stick to it, otherwise to me that looks suspicious. kinda locked in for the rest of today, sorry.
it is significantly more suspicious to me that you'd lock into voting in a manner that is not particularly + town

while being aware that that is what you are doing
ah, its just me having a little bit of fun and trying to achieve my aim for Day 1, which is to get to Day 2 as quickly as possible. dont mind me, i promise i'll be better from tomorrow onwards
interesting to me that this is your aim when you've also said that you think it would be better if towns did not eliminate day one

which i assumed to involve using the entire day to figure things out and then using the information gained from nightkill to also inform decisions

(which information gain not worth loss of elimination, odd number of players and such)

and get to day two as quickly as possible has the exact opposite effect of limiting information as much as possible

but idk how alignment relevant this might be

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #831 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Galron »

In post 829, Andresvmb wrote:

They’re not necessarily mutually exclusive, but it’s easier to be TR if you’re not the person leading an execution D1 on Town.
This sounds like one of those mafia maxims that are bandied about in order to mislead.
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #832 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:24 am

Post by Galron »

In post 831, Galron wrote:

This sounds like one of those mafia maxims that are bandied about in order to mislead.
I'm not saying you're scum for it, but it's easy to fall into that trap.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #833 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:25 am

Post by angela »

In post 828, Andresvmb wrote:I appreciate what you’re doing, which is that you’re considering all of the alternatives,
mostly just trying to build mental model of game and trying to assign weights to everything

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #834 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:31 am

Post by angela »

In post 819, angela wrote:good rathe posts
only worry with this would be

if rathe was also in need of wagon

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #835 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:32 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 832, Galron wrote:
In post 831, Galron wrote:

I'm not saying you're scum for it, but it's easy to fall into that trap.
If you’re going to criticize one assumption I’m making that relates to one read I have, then perhaps you want to share your own reads? I don’t think you’ve done much since you said you needed to get your thoughts together.
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #836 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:33 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 834, angela wrote:

Do you think Scum “need” a wagon?
Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #837 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:37 am

Post by Galron »

In post 835, Andresvmb wrote:If you’re going to criticize one assumption I’m making that relates to one read I have, then perhaps you want to share your own reads? I don’t think you’ve done much since you said you needed to get your thoughts together.
No, it's not criticism. It's more critiquing. I was just trying to figure out how you were getting from a to b when I don't know what a and b are yet. I thought your answer may help me figure that out in addition to figuring you out without me reading backwards.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #838 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:37 am

Post by angela »

In post 836, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 834, angela wrote:

Do you think Scum “need” a wagon?
if one of the leading wagons is on mafia (scorpious, galron), or if the mafia think non-movement would result in a wagon on mafia,

then yes, i think mafia would be actively looking for a wagon, especially if galron because scorpious wagon kinda headed in opposite direction,

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #839 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:41 am

Post by angela »

guess i'm kinda interested in what galron thinks of galron wagon

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #840 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:41 am

Post by angela »

In post 839, angela wrote:guess i'm kinda interested in what galron thinks of galron wagon
meant to ask this as a question!

@galron

Galron
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Galron
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #841 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:53 am

Post by Galron »

I really can't say right now. I can't even make any suppositions other than that maybe they're voting to get activity from me. If that's true, they should disappear after this solar day.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #842 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 3:59 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 827, Galron wrote:UNVOTE:

I think it started RVS then turned into a real vote for some reason and now I'm not sure.
yeah,current meta is weird,like RVS is slowly becoming a thing of the past.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Nero Cain
Nero Cain
Survivor
Nero Cain
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #843 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Nero Cain »

I didn't realize that deadline was so close. I feel like there's alot of uselessness in this game. I expect it from NM and maybe Tucker.

Rathe who would you vote besides Gera?
Of all tyrannies,a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

edited c.s. lewis quote b/c limit
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #844 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:03 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 828, Andresvmb wrote:I think there’s an emotional component to this. I think Scorpious was somewhat emotionally invested in getting me executed. From their posts to how they were approaching me, it felt like they truly wanted to convince others that I’m Scum. I thought it was emotionally difficult for Scorpious to pivot when they did. I think in my head I saw that as being done out of a desire to get the right answer, which I felt was Towny. That’s probably what overall lead me to say that I felt it was more often coming from Town.

I appreciate what you’re doing, which is that you’re considering all of the alternatives, but I guess I arrived at the conclusion that it tilted positively and didn’t immediately explain why. I was also kind of annoyed at unvoting. I have an ego too, and admitting that I feel I was wrong isn’t what I want to be doing. I would much rather be right and have Scum just have to move away from me because they can’t win a fight against me.
I'm working on that part of my game. I get too hyped up when people push me. Especially when I'm telling the truth, I get frustrated an emotional.. It's a flaw I'm trying to work out of my game.

I'm trying to eliminate that switch that tells me someone not trusting me is automatically scum..
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Save The Dragons
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Save The Dragons
He/Him
Protection unnecessary
Protection unnecessary
Happy Birthday!

Post Post #845 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:42 am

Post by Save The Dragons »

why? didn't rathe just rehash what someone else has already said?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #846 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:48 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

I find the current vote tally on Scorpious quite interesting - as has been noted we're nearing elimination and he's generally had the biggest vote tally throughout the game but nobody actually appears to be pushing him or trying to solidify that block as such. Why not, if they want him out?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #847 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:50 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 843, Nero Cain wrote:I didn't realize that deadline was so close. I feel like there's alot of uselessness in this game. I expect it from NM and maybe Tucker.

Rathe who would you vote besides Gera?
I agree with this, but also...you're one of the Scorpious votes and that's a wagon that has been consistently ahead with the most votes for most of the game, if you're concerned about a lack of proper content or about the deadline nearing without any sort of consensus, why are you not pushing more actively for Scorpious to go? And if you don't actually believe Scorpious is mafia or worthy of elimination, why are you not looking for a proper alternative target instead?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #848 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:52 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 845, Save The Dragons wrote:
why? didn't rathe just rehash what someone else has already said?
Do you still think Rathe is mafia, and if so what was your motivation for moving your vote onto Galron for now? Just simply to get someone out or what?
geraintm
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
geraintm
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #849 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 4:57 am

Post by geraintm »

In post 830, angela wrote:
In post 805, geraintm wrote:
In post 777, angela wrote:
In post 700, geraintm wrote:you know what, it is a contradiction. but once i sorta commit to a way of voting i kinda have to stick to it, otherwise to me that looks suspicious. kinda locked in for the rest of today, sorry.
it is significantly more suspicious to me that you'd lock into voting in a manner that is not particularly + town

while being aware that that is what you are doing
ah, its just me having a little bit of fun and trying to achieve my aim for Day 1, which is to get to Day 2 as quickly as possible. dont mind me, i promise i'll be better from tomorrow onwards
interesting to me that this is your aim when you've also said that you think it would be better if towns did not eliminate day one

which i assumed to involve using the entire day to figure things out and then using the information gained from nightkill to also inform decisions

(which information gain not worth loss of elimination, odd number of players and such)

and get to day two as quickly as possible has the exact opposite effect of limiting information as much as possible

but idk how alignment relevant this might be
oh, i am 100% down for no elimination, but whenever i say that i usually get shouted at and no one likes that so i tend to just think that instead of saying it nowadays.
I don't want to spend today trying to figure things out, i just want to skip to day 2 when we can all start playing properly. Dy 1 is just...tiresome. And i spent a month waiting for this game to fire and then have to wait another week until it gets going properly.

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”