Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #850 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:45 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 849, GuiltyLion wrote:StrangeMatter Frog vote is odd,

It's a little odd.. you could even say..

It's strange
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #851 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:51 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 746, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 745, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 743, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I gave 351 some major side eye
351 felt very not serious to me
Same thought occurred to me but it was followed shortly by
HEAL: Cat Scratch Fever
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #852 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:54 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

What I’m not fully understanding is the Lukewarm push, it doesn’t sit well with me since I’m not sure their slot is scum.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #853 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:55 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 769, catboi wrote:I liked some of morning tweets mechanics posting earlier but outside of that she's done ~nothing alignment indicative, don't get the townreads on her.
I've actually scumread a lot of Tweet posts because she feels a lot more hedgey so far than I recall from her in prior games

when I was scum against her she was terrifying and I don't think scum would feel terrified of her play so far in this game, it's been timid
"I think I no longer believe in monsters as faces in the floor or feral infants or vampires or whatever. I think at seventeen now I believe the only real monsters might be the type of liar where there's simply no way to tell. The ones who give nothing away"
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #854 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 1:58 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 773, Dwlee99 wrote:351 was a joke. 360 is unrelated to 351. Also: "it feels weird to make a gamestate read like that," well lemme show you some evidence:
feels hard to buy that 360 is wholly unrelated to 351

like even if 351 is meant to be a joke, you're still reacting to something you (presumably) don't like that Andante posted. I have to conclude that if your scumread on Andante is "growing" it's in part due to a post you just responded to
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #855 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:02 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 783, Morning Tweet wrote:Ceph might be scum because they feel the same as usual and they're usually scum. Someone brought up earlier something in the vein of how they aren't playing differently and i liked that

I thought VP didn't really react much to pressure which was the opposite impression I got from him when he was scum threatreing against Auro in our last game

I haven't really played with scum!Luke i just noticed he hit some of the notes that i get when im town and frustrated and everything i say just brings more votes. on the other hand i did not like any of his mechanical posts , felt like pointing out the obvious. I also haven't played with fire

Bell could be scum he's usually obvtown, i don't know Strange, Titus could be, GL maybe, he reminds me of last appearance when he was a little outspoken early then I didn't really notice him again
In post 784, Morning Tweet wrote:VOTE: GL
tweet why did you choose to vote me in particular at this point, do you have more confidence in me being scum than your other scumreads you expressed here or were you hoping to get a reaction out of me in particular? the timing rubs me a bit the wrong way with Ceph having
just
voted you and being present in the thread, you say you have reasons to SR Ceph, but instead move your vote away from Ceph to me when I'm AFK
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #856 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:04 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 802, Morning Tweet wrote:pedit: I'm voting GL because i think he has a reasonable chance of being scum
also tentative

again no one should really be townreading me for what I've done so far in the game but this is like the most weaksauce reason to vote me, no effort to scumcase anything I posted
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #857 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:06 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 811, fireisredsir wrote:it gave me vibes of him feeling like he needed to come up with a read that was supported by something at that time
I do try to give reasons for my votes yeah

do you disagree with the actual point I was making about Baltar? the only thing I saw you say about him was he seems "normalish"
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #858 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:08 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 857, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 811, fireisredsir wrote:it gave me vibes of him feeling like he needed to come up with a read that was supported by something at that time

do you disagree with the actual point I was making about Baltar? the only thing I saw you say about him was he seems "normalish"
Hi, did you ever look at that game you asked me to fetch for you?
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #859 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 852, StrangeMatter wrote:What I’m not fully understanding is the Lukewarm push, it doesn’t sit well with me since I’m not sure their slot is scum.
What don't you understand specifically about why people pushed Luke?
YOUR AD HERE

GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #860 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:09 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 825, Frogsterking wrote:I think it's worth considering there's a scum in this heal list and/or Luke's heal list.

I think Praet + Luke/Fire + VP + ?

Maybe GL or Dwlee or someone.
I think Dwlee/Tweet are better suspects than Praet at the moment
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #861 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 858, VP Baltar wrote:

Hi, did you ever look at that game you asked me to fetch for you?
No I haven't yet lmao
Malakittens
Malakittens
Survivor
Malakittens
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #862 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:10 pm

Post by Malakittens »

Hello ya'll scumbutts

I have arrived.

I'll be catching up in a jiffy.

Anything important that I should know about now?!
No matter how high the stakes, sooner or later you're just gonna have to go with your gut.
And maybe, just maybe, that'll take you right where you were supposed to be.

Get to know a Mala~Grey<3 4.7.2015
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #863 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:12 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 775, Datisi wrote:bomb expert nominations:

Andante [8]: Menalque, The Praetorian, Titus, PookyTheMagicalBear, fireisredsir, Cephrir, Cat Scratch Fever, Morning Tweet
Frogsterking [7]: Titus, VP Baltar, The Praetorian, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever, Morning Tweet, Greeting
Greeting [6]: catboi, Cephrir, Morning Tweet, PookyTheMagicalBear, fireisredsir, Cat Scratch Fever
The Praetorian [5]: The Bulge, Menalque, Frogsterking, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever
catboi [3]: VP Baltar, PookyTheMagicalBear, Cat Scratch Fever
Dwlee99 [3]: VP Baltar, Titus, Cephrir
Morning Tweet [2]: The Praetorian, Greeting
Titus [2]: The Praetorian, PookyTheMagicalBeara
Cephrir [2]: Titus, Frogsterking
StrangeMatter [2]: Frogsterking, Greeting
GuiltyLion [1]: The Praetorian
Looking at these, I would be ok with andante, frogster, greeting and catboi on the first bomb.

HEAL: andante
HEAL: greeting
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #864 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:13 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 861, GuiltyLion wrote:No I haven't yet lmao
Damn, just straight trolling my life.
YOUR AD HERE

fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #865 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:14 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

yea, that doesn't seem out of character for him to me so i don't really see it as a reason to scumread

i like your catchup posts better tho and agree on morning tweet

VOTE: Morning Tweet
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #866 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:15 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 859, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 852, StrangeMatter wrote:What I’m not fully understanding is the Lukewarm push, it doesn’t sit well with me since I’m not sure their slot is scum.
Sorry, I typed out what I was thinking before finishing thinking. It’s more I don’t like how much it felt like there was overwhelming support there is for the Lukewarm elim, rather than the thoughts behind the push. The thoughts I can understand but at the same time I don’t agree with the conclusions made, and still feel uncertain about if this slot actually flipping scum.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #867 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:25 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 866, StrangeMatter wrote:
In post 859, VP Baltar wrote:
Sorry, I typed out what I was thinking before finishing thinking. It’s more I don’t like how much it felt like there was overwhelming support there is for the Lukewarm elim, rather than the thoughts behind the push. The thoughts I can understand but at the same time I don’t agree with the conclusions made, and still feel uncertain about if this slot actually flipping scum.
I mean, sure, D1 is kind of a guessing game. Do you feel like scum were pushing the Luke wagon?
YOUR AD HERE

StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #868 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:31 pm

Post by StrangeMatter »

Absolutely think they would. With this kind of support it has it’s be the type of wagon I’d want to jump onto to have the potential to go through without being really all that suspicious.

Granted I think it might be the people who just hopped on without really an argument here though when I get home I definitely want to say scum is likely in this wagon that should be sorted.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #869 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:36 pm

Post by Bell »

Caught up kind of.

No comment on luke.
Fire person's entrance is not good enough and has some red flags.

Andante keeps hitting the town button, but I don't want to heal them because I can't imagine there is any benefit to giving Andante that role. But I wouldn't mind having it explained to me why it would be a good thing and then I'll 180.
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #870 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:37 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

VOTE: Morning Tweet

VP I promise I'll skim through that game at some point tonight for ya, main thing I'm just trying to see is if the style of asking a bunch of questions and posting random largely meaningless observations ( another one that pinged me much in the same vein) is fully in line with your town game, seems fire (slash maybe a couple others IIRC?) is vouching for that but just want to check it myself
GuiltyLion
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
GuiltyLion
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #871 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:38 pm

Post by GuiltyLion »

In post 869, Bell wrote:Fire person's entrance is not good enough and has some red flags.
what are the red flags? I didn't really have any issues with fire's posts
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #872 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:39 pm

Post by Bell »

My experience with MT has not resulted in me getting a read off of them yet. But my experience is that they’re pretty hedgy as town, so I don’t agree with GL.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #873 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 871, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 869, Bell wrote:Fire person's entrance is not good enough and has some red flags.
what are the red flags? I didn't really have any issues with fire's posts
1. Posted about who they replaced.
2. Posted a reads list they made before they knew their alignment.
catboi
catboi
Jack of All Trades
catboi
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #874 (ISO) » Thu Mar 24, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by catboi »

In post 837, GuiltyLion wrote:hi pooky

menalque is the only non-consensus one, I didn't say he in particular was consensus. the other three clearly are

what's town is that I felt he passed a vibe check in the early game and my belief is if he were scum he'd be a lot more tryhard and also a lot more upset
he was basically a block of ice in PYP

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”