VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #1125 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:39 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1124, Cephrir wrote:sometimes

idk man ur asking me to invent something that never happened and im not planning to do it
Ok.
YOUR AD HERE

Too busy with work to play mafia right now but I shall return some day!
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1126 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:41 am

Post by Cephrir »

here i will prove to you that i could do this if i wanted to
In post 1076, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 995, Andante wrote:
In post 993, Andante wrote:can more people please heal pooky!!! I want to solve a bomb with pooky!!!!
also, not a huge fan of being with 3 whole people that… I don’t tr like at all… like can I request like catboi in my group then if I can’t have pooky? cause I don’t think me + 3 non TRs ends well
Are your TRs basically still the same from ? Cuz that's a pretty wack set of TRs. I agree with only 2/9 of those (catboi, pooky), and those two are like the ones i'm the least confident about
i like the look of this because it makes no effort to pocket noted consensus townread andante, yet also invites attention from her to discuss reads, when she already seems kind of frustrated about being disagreed with. also csf shows believable trajectory here iirc - at least i know im one of those townreads and csf's dubiousness about me is documented
In post 1077, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 998, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 965, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I could vote either VP or fire atp
In post 870, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Morning Tweet

VP I promise I'll skim through that game at some point tonight for ya,
main thing I'm just trying to see is if the style of asking a bunch of questions and posting random largely meaningless observations
( another one that pinged me much in the same vein) is fully in line with your town game, seems fire (slash maybe a couple others IIRC?) is vouching for that but just want to check it myself
I largely agree with this observation. I was kind of surprised that VP is second top poster when I opened up the activity overview, because I don't really remember their posts or recall their stances.

Keep us updated on the metadive
This kind of looks like you just testing the waters of wagons that are semi-popular and saying your fine with either.

It's also pretty silly to be like "vp isn't memorable!" when your ability to remember things I've said and my positions is not my problem. Have better reading retention. I also don't know a thing you've done this game, but that's not an actual reason alone to scum read a person because I could say that about lots of players in a large game.

You may think my questions are pointless, but they aren't to me and how I'm feeling people out, which is all I care about.
Sure I don't have a read on Andres or The Bulge or other people, but they've barely posted or haven't posted enough for me to feel strongly one way or another

the difference with you is that you've posted a lot, but somehow your posts haven't stood out unlike the other active posters. My reading retention isn't the problem if I can remember other active posters.
i liked this post because they're sharing my brain cell, i also haven't found you very memorable & have no ideas what ur stances are despite being a high poster
In post 1078, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 999, VP Baltar wrote:Also, CSF, are you townreading GL?
Tentatively

I like that he saw the same things in dwlee as I did.
He could be scum parroting me, but I don't particularly think I'm important enough to pocket lol.

I'd like to see more from him.

Why do you ask about GL specifically?
i find the bolded to be a townie thought process

i didn't actually think any of these things particularly consciously, i guess i agree with them now that i'm doing this exercise just to prove i can fabricate reads believbably so you don't have to think im some sort of mafia infant who can't do this
"I would prefer not to." --Herman Melville,
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1127 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:44 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1126, Cephrir wrote:here i will prove to you that i could do this if i wanted to
In post 1076, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 995, Andante wrote:
In post 993, Andante wrote:can more people please heal pooky!!! I want to solve a bomb with pooky!!!!
also, not a huge fan of being with 3 whole people that… I don’t tr like at all… like can I request like catboi in my group then if I can’t have pooky? cause I don’t think me + 3 non TRs ends well
Are your TRs basically still the same from ? Cuz that's a pretty wack set of TRs. I agree with only 2/9 of those (catboi, pooky), and those two are like the ones i'm the least confident about
i like the look of this because it makes no effort to pocket noted consensus townread andante, yet also invites attention from her to discuss reads, when she already seems kind of frustrated about being disagreed with. also csf shows believable trajectory here iirc - at least i know im one of those townreads and csf's dubiousness about me is documented
In post 1077, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 998, VP Baltar wrote:
In post 965, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I could vote either VP or fire atp
In post 870, GuiltyLion wrote:VOTE: Morning Tweet

VP I promise I'll skim through that game at some point tonight for ya,
main thing I'm just trying to see is if the style of asking a bunch of questions and posting random largely meaningless observations
( another one that pinged me much in the same vein) is fully in line with your town game, seems fire (slash maybe a couple others IIRC?) is vouching for that but just want to check it myself
I largely agree with this observation. I was kind of surprised that VP is second top poster when I opened up the activity overview, because I don't really remember their posts or recall their stances.

Keep us updated on the metadive
This kind of looks like you just testing the waters of wagons that are semi-popular and saying your fine with either.

It's also pretty silly to be like "vp isn't memorable!" when your ability to remember things I've said and my positions is not my problem. Have better reading retention. I also don't know a thing you've done this game, but that's not an actual reason alone to scum read a person because I could say that about lots of players in a large game.

You may think my questions are pointless, but they aren't to me and how I'm feeling people out, which is all I care about.
Sure I don't have a read on Andres or The Bulge or other people, but they've barely posted or haven't posted enough for me to feel strongly one way or another

the difference with you is that you've posted a lot, but somehow your posts haven't stood out unlike the other active posters. My reading retention isn't the problem if I can remember other active posters.
i liked this post because they're sharing my brain cell, i also haven't found you very memorable & have no ideas what ur stances are despite being a high poster
In post 1078, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 999, VP Baltar wrote:Also, CSF, are you townreading GL?
Tentatively

I like that he saw the same things in dwlee as I did.
He could be scum parroting me, but I don't particularly think I'm important enough to pocket lol.

I'd like to see more from him.

Why do you ask about GL specifically?
i find the bolded to be a townie thought process

i didn't actually think any of these things particularly consciously, i guess i agree with them now that i'm doing this exercise just to prove i can fabricate reads believbably so you don't have to think im some sort of mafia infant who can't do this
tbh this people pleasing is a scumpost from cephrir
Bartleby the Scrivener
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1128 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:46 am

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1127, Cephrir wrote:tbh this people pleasing is a scumpost from cephrir
hmmm this usage of humor to deflect betrays some self consciousness imo
Bartleby the Scrivener
StrangeMatter
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
StrangeMatter
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1129 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:49 am

Post by StrangeMatter »

In post 665, Dwlee99 wrote:Ignore praetorian quote
VOTE: Lukewarm
No reason why I'm in null scum bad
Just looked through the Lukewarm wagon and I found what Dwlee (along with what Titus does in ) says and does here a bit of an opportunistic move onto him looking back.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1130 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:50 am

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1126, Cephrir wrote:i find the bolded to be a townie thought process
Except....it's not? She is claiming GL is repeating her thoughts, when in reality it was GL who said it first, as far as I'm aware.

So, yes, you certainly could make things up, and are. The reason I asked for an explanation was so I could understand where you are coming from and your motivations for saying the things you said.

The fact you're stating incorrect things as an exercise and they saying "actually, I do believe these things" isn't super assuring.

More importantly, I have no idea why you're getting so tilted and what is a pretty standard question in a game of mafia.
YOUR AD HERE

VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1131 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:51 am

Post by VP Baltar »

*tilted at
YOUR AD HERE

Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1132 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:53 am

Post by Cephrir »

i didn't do any fact checking and i don't especially care if they got the facts backwards

i told you the reason was gut and it isn't rly my problem if you don't believe that answer

im not tilted im quite having fun with this actually
Bartleby the Scrivener
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1133 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 11:59 am

Post by VP Baltar »

I'll take your word for it!
YOUR AD HERE

Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note
Pronoun: He/him

Post Post #1134 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:42 pm

Post by Bell »

Why isn't fire dead yet
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1135 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:47 pm

Post by Bell »

In post 1010, catboi wrote:I wish I were posting like this as scum. But no. And it should be decently apparent to people.
It's pretty apparent yeah.
Bell
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Bell
He/him
Sharp Note
Sharp Note

Post Post #1136 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 1:49 pm

Post by Bell »

#990 from bulge is annoying if town.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1137 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:18 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

GL is there any reason you can't townsend Menalque for me?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
Terry: ...Thanks.
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1138 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:40 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

Ceph you've rolled scum a lot so you might have good intuition to what it's like to play scum in this gamestate right?
Bruce: Terry. I've been thinking about something you once told me... and you were wrong. It's not Batman that makes you worthwhile; it's the other way around. Never tell yourself anything different.
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1139 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:50 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

Ok, going to try to sort folks now, though I didn't really get the time I wanted to do reading today. OH WELL.

These aren't necessarily in order other than the overall group orders.

TOWN LEAN:

catboi
- a bit prickly at times, but I like his takes most of the time here. I think his pressure on Luke was good.
Frogsterking
- saying stupid things that make no sense and wildly overconfident in his abilities, clearly town.
Dwlee99
- I kind of dig his aggressiveness, even if I'm sometimes meh on his reads. He was punching at Andante for example, even when that might have looked risky if you were scum.
fireisredsir
- Based solely on his game entrance and if I believe he as taking notes on luke and didn't Amish-tell all over himself, I find myself nodding along with fire and think he's being reasonable. Don't get the level of hate directed at him.
Andante
- Squeaking into my town reads, but want to keep an eye. She doesn't seem to have many scum reads, so that's not fantastic, but it's early game. Overall, I like her interactions with people, even me.
Greeting
- I can sort of buy catboi's argument that scum don't try to game break, even if they faceplant while doing it. Lot of mech talk here, but I'm happy to town bin Greeting for now.

Null/Who?/VP probably needs to do some ISOs!

Morning Tweet
- lots of folks taking here, so this is kind of a priority for me next time I have motivation to read. For some reason, my eyes have kind of glazed over when MT posts. Not sure if that's her content or just the way she writes.
PookyTheMagicalBear
- Has he been playing or just popping in to say meh things?
The Bulge
- Kind of like his hot take fight with catboi (think it was cat boi?), but hasn't done a lot that I remember rn.
Menalque
- Don't remember Mena doing much this game. People are town binning this slot for some reason I feel like I don't understand. Definitely need to read.
Andresvmb
- lol no clue why andres signs up for larges. Would love him to come in and town it up though.
Bell
- kind of like his aggressiveness in the sense that it feels like he's trying to push the game forward. But feels maybe a little lazy locked on Luke? Probably would town lean more than null here, but I should confirm my instincts with a reread to see if I at least see genuine arguments coming from Bell.
GuiltyLion
- I found his original vote on me to be slightly opportunistic and maybe drafting on perceived heat coming at me then from Andante. Need to see where else he is pushing and what else he is doing. I think his reason for keeping his vote on me is weak, but at least he is trying to come up with something?
Cephrir
- Not sure I know how to read Ceph. Obviously kind of floating through the game rn, which i don't care that much about. I found his little dust up with me kinda weird, but not sure if that's scummy or he just gets tilted easily in games.

Got to be some scum in here:

Cat Scratch Fever
- I REALLY don't like her trying to draft off GL onto me for some wild ass reasons like "I don't remember you". Open my ISO if you don't remember me. Her saying she is fine with fire or VP also seems opportunistic. Need to read if she is having serious conversations with fire trying to find his alignment, because I didn't don't think she was doing that with me at all.
Titus
- Want you to prove your towniness. You're too good to have said really nothing of substance by this point. Show me you don't belong in the basement!
Malakittens
- I actually kind of agree with Frogster's assessment here. I didn't see a lot of gusto out of koba when they were here. So congrats, kittens, you can be scum!
StrangeMatter
- Strange has had some
strange
takes. Her three reads list where she locktowned Andante, and then said she's fine voting out Frogster or Dwlee....who were fighting at the time....seems like she's just posting stuff to post stuff. I don't understand either of those positions. I'm also not sure I fully buy there being scum on the Luke wagon, which Strange said she believes in . Sounds like she is traveling maybe, so IDK, maybe some of the aloofness is distraction. But I eagerly await to hear who is/was scum on Luke and why?
YOUR AD HERE

Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1140 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:51 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

In post 1130, VP Baltar wrote:Except....it's not? She is claiming GL is repeating her thoughts, when in reality it was GL who said it first, as far as I'm aware.
I was pushing dwlee before him, and it was these and some other dwlee-related posts that had me wary

Spoiler:
In post 845, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 522, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:HEAL: frogster
HEAL: Greeting
HEAL: catboi
HEAL: Andante
In post 543, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 536, Dwlee99 wrote:
In post 531, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:Why were you scumreading Andante then, dwlee?
The last paragraph?
In post 530, Dwlee99 wrote:That people are playing around her like this is actually what makes me think she is scum.
She is actually townier as scum and that everyone townreads her when she is normally a controversial day one slot is very scum-indicative imo
I'm not sure this really tracks. This reason feels more like something that was made up after the fact.

I went back and reread the posts between Andante's first post and your first post. There were, if I'm being generous, 3 [1][2][3] townreads and one possible scumread on Andante before you voted for her.

From whom did you get the impression that people were playing around her?
CSF town
In post 851, GuiltyLion wrote:
In post 746, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:
In post 745, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 743, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:I gave 351 some major side eye
351 felt very not serious to me
Same thought occurred to me but it was followed shortly by
HEAL: Cat Scratch Fever

The observation about your playstyle this game was made by GL. That was the only thing I agreed with that could be construed as repeating things he said
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1141 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:52 pm

Post by Cephrir »

In post 1138, Frogsterking wrote:Ceph you've rolled scum a lot so you might have good intuition to what it's like to play scum in this gamestate right?
Tbh I'm not sure theres anything particularly interesting about this game state so I'd just be trying to look town
Bartleby the Scrivener
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1142 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:54 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

In post 1140, Cat Scratch Fever wrote:The observation about your playstyle this game was made by GL. That was the only thing I agreed with that could be construed as repeating things he said
That's what I was talking about. If you meant dwlee, then I must have misread. Thought you were saying you were pushing my play before GL
YOUR AD HERE

Titus
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Titus
She/her
Moon Walker
Moon Walker
Pronoun: She/her

Post Post #1143 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:55 pm

Post by Titus »

In post 1139, VP Baltar wrote:Titus - Want you to prove your towniness. You're too good to have said really nothing of substance by this point. Show me you don't belong in the basement!
I do right now.

I have no interest in changing my playstyle to appease.

I'm better with data, and I'll vote to get it.

AMA Tomorrow unless you wagon me.
Show
The scum had the misfortune of Titus being absurdly accurate on day one.Really quite impressed by that.~Drixx

You're letting Titus win the game by herself.Good luck now I guess.You have no chance to win.~Tywin

GTKTitus Part 2
Titus Academy

VLA Friday nights until Sunday morning.

All hail the Scum Empress!
VP Baltar
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
VP Baltar
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1144 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 2:56 pm

Post by VP Baltar »

:( I don't remember you ever not trying D1 titus
YOUR AD HERE

Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1145 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:01 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1141, Cephrir wrote:
In post 1138, Frogsterking wrote:Ceph you've rolled scum a lot so you might have good intuition to what it's like to play scum in this gamestate right?
Tbh I'm not sure theres anything particularly interesting about this game state so I'd just be trying to look town
In post 1143, Titus wrote:
In post 1139, VP Baltar wrote:Titus - Want you to prove your towniness. You're too good to have said really nothing of substance by this point. Show me you don't belong in the basement!
I do right now.

I have no interest in changing my playstyle to appease.

I'm better with data, and I'll vote to get it.

AMA Tomorrow unless you wagon me.
Titus I'm going to be synthesizing the readslists of players who I don't scum read tonight. Only like three or four players are posting readslists right now and one of them is my scum read.

I understand your point about having too many chefs in the kitchen, and I also think you could be a positive inspiration now for this town to continue on with the scum hunting.

Please post a damn readslists!
Cat Scratch Fever
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Cat Scratch Fever
she/her
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: she/her

Post Post #1146 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:05 pm

Post by Cat Scratch Fever »

Have wallpost read lists come back into fashion? Maybe I'll post one later
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
fireisredsir
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1147 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 1139, VP Baltar wrote:Menalque - Don't remember Mena doing much this game. People are town binning this slot for some reason I feel like I don't understand. Definitely need to read.
im not!
Frogsterking
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Frogsterking
He/him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1148 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:07 pm

Post by Frogsterking »

In post 1141, Cephrir wrote:
First of all, what should we be looking for then if scum are just trying to get townread?

Second;
So if the options are low-med-high activity level and low-med-high successfully receiving townreads, where do you guess the scum team is at now and where do you think they're going?
Cephrir
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Cephrir
he/him
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #1149 (ISO) » Fri Mar 25, 2022 3:08 pm

Post by Cephrir »

I'm lightly townreading the people I'm healing + frog, lightly scumreading the person I'm voting and that's it. That's my readlist
Bartleby the Scrivener

Return to “Completed Large Theme Games”