Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #250 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:18 am

Post by Umlaut »

I want to understand the Dunnstral case because it seems like a lot of people are in enough agreement to put him at L-1 but I just... don't. It seems like it's Noraa saying "trust me folks Dunn is absolutely scum, I know scum!Dunn when I see it" and everyone else going along with it. I mean Dunn could be scum just like anyone who isn't towntelling could be scum, but I don't see anything to make me pick them out of the lineup. What am I missing?
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
say. Well, then there’s me.” — J.R. “Bob” Dobbs
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #251 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:19 am

Post by Umlaut »

I have played a fair few games with Dunn and can say I'm astonished that anyone thinks they can read him with 100% accuracy so quickly
“There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say, ‘There are two kinds of people in this world: those who say there are two kinds of people in this world,
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #252 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:20 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 250, Umlaut wrote:I want to understand the Dunnstral case because it seems like a lot of people are in enough agreement to put him at L-1 but I just... don't. It seems like it's Noraa saying "trust me folks Dunn is absolutely scum, I know scum!Dunn when I see it" and everyone else going along with it. I mean Dunn could be scum just like anyone who isn't towntelling could be scum, but I don't see anything to make me pick them out of the lineup. What am I missing?
Really.

VOTE: Dunnstral
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #253 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:20 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 249, ProgoWoshua wrote:I admit that I have been scummy. Because of that, I find it suspicious how furtive is still on my side after all this time. Definitely feels like they have some ulterior motive.

I'm willing to sheep in the Dunn/Furtive theory.

If this is wrong, you might flashwagon me instead of Noraa, because I doubt my reputation would recover after that.
I read Newbie 2087 and you sound pretty similar. That's why I townread you. You're saying I have an ulterior motive, I trust you're not saying you're mafia, so you think I'm mafia defending you (town). Explain how that makes sense?
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #254 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:21 am

Post by furtiveglance »

In post 252, Enchant wrote:
In post 250, Umlaut wrote:I want to understand the Dunnstral case because it seems like a lot of people are in enough agreement to put him at L-1 but I just... don't. It seems like it's Noraa saying "trust me folks Dunn is absolutely scum, I know scum!Dunn when I see it" and everyone else going along with it. I mean Dunn could be scum just like anyone who isn't towntelling could be scum, but I don't see anything to make me pick them out of the lineup. What am I missing?
Really.

I believe that was hammer, if you weren't aware. Why hammer so fast?
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #255 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:22 am

Post by Umlaut »

In post 249, ProgoWoshua wrote:I admit that I have been scummy. Because of that, I find it suspicious how furtive is still on my side after all this time. Definitely feels like they have some ulterior motive.
The duplication of the phrase "ulterior motive" suggests to me that Progo and Gamma are not scum together; scum!Progo would be hyper-conscious of their buddy's wording and not want to imitate it.

Pedit: oh ffs
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Umlaut
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Umlaut
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #256 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:23 am

Post by Umlaut »

Please ignore everyone saying "flashwagon me tomorrow if this is wrong" and flashwagon Enchant if this is wrong
and the other kind,
’ and those who
don’t
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #257 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:26 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 254, furtiveglance wrote:
In post 252, Enchant wrote:
Really.

I believe that was hammer, if you weren't aware. Why hammer so fast?
Because i can.
furtiveglance
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
furtiveglance
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #258 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:27 am

Post by furtiveglance »

We had 10 days left......I really hope this flips red
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #259 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 1:59 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 256, Umlaut wrote:Please ignore everyone saying "flashwagon me tomorrow if this is wrong" and flashwagon Enchant if this is wrong
Good call. Enchant is my biggest scumread right now, even before and not really related to the hammer.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #260 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:05 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 259, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 256, Umlaut wrote:Please ignore everyone saying "flashwagon me tomorrow if this is wrong" and flashwagon Enchant if this is wrong
Good call. Enchant is my biggest scumread right now, even before and not really related to the hammer.
So you are town.
I quess i die.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #261 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:14 am

Post by Dunnstral »

I could have been mafia trying to figure out if you were a muse or not from your hammer, but I guess that didn't occur to you.
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #262 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:18 am

Post by Enchant »

In post 261, Dunnstral wrote:I could have been mafia trying to figure out if you were a muse or not from your hammer, but I guess that didn't occur to you.
Damn.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #263 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:32 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 245, implosion wrote:nothing about this situation that would make me surprised if Dunn and Noraa were both town.
I would be very very very surprised if dunn were town here
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #264 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:33 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 248, furtiveglance wrote:I think Titus and Umlaut are my biggest scumreads.
These are such lazy reads tbh. We'll take a good look at you tomorrow though dont worry :)
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #265 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:35 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

That was a rather unceremonious hammer
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Gamma Emerald
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Gamma Emerald
Any
Survivor
Survivor
Pronoun: Any

Post Post #266 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:36 am

Post by Gamma Emerald »

In post 260, Enchant wrote:
In post 259, Dunnstral wrote:
So you are town.
I quess i die.
In post 262, Enchant wrote:
In post 261, Dunnstral wrote:I could have been mafia trying to figure out if you were a muse or not from your hammer, but I guess that didn't occur to you.
Damn.
Yeah this isn’t great
<Embrace The Void>

“A flipped coin doesn't always land heads or tails. Sometimes it may never land at all...”
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #267 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:37 am

Post by Noraa »

Um ok I'll try to explain it. I just got out of bed so bear with me. Dunn is scum because well, for one, Dunn cares about what people think in general. And town Dunn has enough confidence in their reads to not care (town dunn has good reads btw). Town Dunn is more often than not scumread for really stupid reasons: activity, tone, whatever. But Dunn is much better at towntelling as scum than town because they actually actively trying to be townread.

Dunn is really good at mafia in my opinion. Town Dunn is good at catching scum and Scum Dunn is good at being townread. But the issue is that there is a drastic difference between the two, at least from my perspective, there is.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #268 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:38 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 251, Umlaut wrote:I have played a fair few games with Dunn and can say I'm astonished that anyone thinks they can read him with 100% accuracy so quickly
I don't know. This quick hammer makes me fucking nervous to be absolutely honest but i definitely still think this flips scum.
Like, im a wreck right now, probably more than anyone else because im scared im wrong. But a half of me is partying because im like so sure it is right.
I dont know how to explain this lmao.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #269 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:39 am

Post by Noraa »

It's not wrong and there's probably bussers. We'll see tomorrow.
Dunnstral
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Dunnstral
he/him
Goodfellas
Goodfellas

Post Post #270 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:46 am

Post by Dunnstral »

In post 267, Noraa wrote:
Um ok I'll try to explain it. I just got out of bed so bear with me. Dunn is scum because well, for one, Dunn cares about what people think in general. And town Dunn has enough confidence in their reads to not care (town dunn has good reads btw). Town Dunn is more often than not scumread for really stupid reasons: activity, tone, whatever. But Dunn is much better at towntelling as scum than town because they actually actively trying to be townread.

Dunn is really good at mafia in my opinion. Town Dunn is good at catching scum and Scum Dunn is good at being townread. But the issue is that there is a drastic difference between the two, at least from my perspective, there is.
Going to point out that you didn't actually answer the question, which is why am I scum in this game. You instead gave an overview of your read on my meta with nothing to connect it to the current game at a glance.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #271 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:47 am

Post by Noraa »

Like I remember the most recent towngame with dunn, dunn was like "oh noraa was spamming dunn is town in your neighborhood?" oh yeah noraa does that and while it's unhelpful, town noraa does that.
And this was while they were getting scumread a lot themselves.

And the thing is that town dunn doesnt make reads to get townreads. Town dunn doesn't really care that they are getting run up. Town dunn is literally just there to read people and who cares what else is happening??? On the other hand, Dunn's SR on me is straight up there in an attempt to get TRs. To your average mafia player (implosion, umlaut), people who look at games in the typical mafia ways, scum dunn is null or towny. But trust me if we threw town dunn into this game, both implosion and umlaut would agree dunn is scummy if this wagon were to happen. Assuming both are town i guess.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #272 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:48 am

Post by Noraa »

In post 270, Dunnstral wrote:
In post 267, Noraa wrote:

Going to point out that you didn't actually answer the question, which is why am I scum in this game. You instead gave an overview of your read on my meta with nothing to connect it to the current game at a glance.
ok i'll go post by post
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #273 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:49 am

Post by Noraa »

Post 1 was a wordy first post. In general, bad sign. Straight up, may is a scumtell. You like to talk in what i call "fancy terms" when you are scum.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #274 (ISO) » Tue Mar 29, 2022 2:50 am

Post by Noraa »

Post 2 looks like you reworded it a couple times and settled on something short in hopes that it wouldn't trigger a tunnel.

Return to “Completed Open Games”