Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades
Pronoun: He/Him

Post Post #1725 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:39 am

Post by Andresvmb »

The message from a mailman will say it came from another player. It’s never ambiguous.

@Scorpious, can you paraphrase what it says that the player receiving a message from you will be told when receiving your message?
MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1726 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:39 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1723, angela wrote:
In post 1721, MalcolmTucker wrote:
In post 1719, angela wrote:
In post 1716, MalcolmTucker wrote:Are you explicitly told in the message that it has come from Kitty? If not, why were you the one who claimed on their behalf?
because it appeared to be a friendly neighbour message from kittytacky and i only later became paranoid about it when thinking about mailman claim
But what do you mean by "appeared" to be here? When the message showed up, were you informed both that it was from Kitty, and that it was from a friendly neighbour?
no, i mean it appeared to be a friendly neighbour message from kittytacky

like as though kittytacky had targeted me with a friendly neighbour ability

which according to the wiki would mean i would be sent a message saying kittytacky was town

which is more or less what i received

however i have no way of determining whether or not a mailman could have sent me such a message

and if it would look any different if a mailman did

and was unable to gain further clarity, so
Right, got you.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1727 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:40 am

Post by angela »

In post 1724, Andresvmb wrote:
In post 1722, angela wrote:
In post 1718, Andresvmb wrote:I asked the Moderator a question basically on your behalf but I couldn’t get an answer because the Mod doesn’t want to interfere in the game in any way and does not want to give the impression that a role exists within the game. I’m paraphrasing, but that means I won’t get direct confirmation.
you were also unable to gain formatting clarity

and can kinda shrug if we lose to mafia!kittytacky based on mailman message we have no way of separating from a friendly neighbour message
Hard disagree. A message from another player that is mailman will indicate that the message came from another player. If there’s no such component, and it looks like the format from your Role PM, then it’s a Mod communication and confirmation that Kitty is a Friendly Neighbor.
according to the wiki both would be formatted as messages

and i received a message
love goes on like birdsong as soon as possible after a bomb

how to be like somebody else
Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1728 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:44 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Yes I understand you received a message. But a message from a mailman indicates it came from another player. It’s an important difference. The point of the role is not to confuse you or open up the possibility that you would interpret a message from another player as a Moderator communication. Because that gives the Scum an advantage that’s not supposed to be there. They’re not supposed to be able to impersonate the Moderator. This is completely clear in my mind.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1729 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:47 am

Post by angela »

In post 1728, Andresvmb wrote:Yes I understand you received a message. But a message from a mailman indicates it came from another player. It’s an important difference. The point of the role is not to confuse you or open up the possibility that you would interpret a message from another player as a Moderator communication. Because that gives the Scum an advantage that’s not supposed to be there. They’re not supposed to be able to impersonate the Moderator. This is completely clear in my mind.
but a friendly neighbour message also comes from another player

from the wiki:

"A Friendly Neighbor can target a player at Night to tell them that they are Town. The target will receive a message saying that the Friendly Neighbor is Town"

this appears to be the message i received

however, i have absolutely no way of knowing if it would look any different if a mailman sent me a message saying kittytacky was town

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1730 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:48 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1725, Andresvmb wrote:The message from a mailman will say it came from another player. It’s never ambiguous.

@Scorpious, can you paraphrase what it says that the player receiving a message from you will be told when receiving your message?
They will be told it was from a mailman but wont be told the alignment.
"Would you like to know more?"

I am like a renaissance artist. People appreciate me more after I am dead

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

People always fear what they don't understand
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1731 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:49 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1729, angela wrote:however, i have absolutely no way of knowing if it would look any different if a mailman sent me a message saying kittytacky was town
yes, you would.. well at least now
you
know..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1732 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:50 am

Post by angela »

In post 1730, Scorpious wrote:
In post 1725, Andresvmb wrote:The message from a mailman will say it came from another player. It’s never ambiguous.

They will be told it was from a mailman but wont be told the alignment.
hm

i mean, to you that would mean kittytacky confirmed but the main concern here if it did come from a mailman would be you/kittytacky team

so hard for me to take this as hard confirmation

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1733 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:51 am

Post by Andresvmb »

In post 1729, angela wrote:
In post 1728, Andresvmb wrote:Yes I understand you received a message. But a message from a mailman indicates it came from another player. It’s an important difference. The point of the role is not to confuse you or open up the possibility that you would interpret a message from another player as a Moderator communication. Because that gives the Scum an advantage that’s not supposed to be there. They’re not supposed to be able to impersonate the Moderator. This is completely clear in my mind.

from the wiki:

"A Friendly Neighbor can target a player at Night to tell them that they are Town. The target will receive a message saying that the Friendly Neighbor is Town"

however, i have absolutely no way of knowing if it would look any different if a mailman sent me a message saying kittytacky was town
This is not how the role works.

You do receive a message. Kitty targets you as the recipient of the message. But the content of the message doesn’t come from Kitty. If it did, it wouldn’t count as confirmation that they’re Town (only the Mod can provide such confirmations). Like they can’t just type out a message that says “Kitty is Town”, send it to you as mailman, and for you not to clearly see that a player typed out the contents of that message. If the message came from a mailman, it’ll say: “You received the following message from [another player]: “[message]”. It will never just be a Mod confirmation with no source.
Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1734 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:53 am

Post by Scorpious »

I'm not worried about the message anymore.

What worries me is how quickly you put thoughtful angela in the back seat and just started "trusting" people.

The message is irrelevant, we can go on about it for literal days..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1735 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:54 am

Post by angela »

In post 1733, Andresvmb wrote:

from the wiki:

You do receive a message. Kitty targets you as the recipient of the message. But the content of the message doesn’t come from Kitty. If it did, it wouldn’t count as confirmation that they’re Town (only the Mod can provide such confirmations). Like they can’t just type out a message that says “Kitty is Town”, send it to you as mailman, and for you not to clearly see that a player typed out the contents of that message. If the message came from a mailman, it’ll say: “You received the following message from [another player]: “[message]”. It will never just be a Mod confirmation with no source.
according to the wiki the role works the way i described not the way you are describing

i got a message

the message said kittytacky town

that's what i know

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1736 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:54 am

Post by Scorpious »

And so we're all clear. I cannot confirm nor deny what a received mailman message actually looks like, I just have the role pm to tell me what I do.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1737 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:55 am

Post by angela »

In post 1734, Scorpious wrote:I'm not worried about the message anymore.

What worries me is how quickly you put thoughtful angela in the back seat and just started "trusting" people.

should i not have trusted the message? i don't understand what you're saying here

if you trust the message then i should have trusted the message

which i did and then paranoia started creeping in

like you're now literally saying

"okay kittytacky town i trust it!

why did you trust it???"

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1738 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:58 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1735, angela wrote:
In post 1733, Andresvmb wrote:

from the wiki:

according to the wiki the role works the way i described not the way you are describing

i got a message

the message said kittytacky town

that's what i know
What part of the above is wrong in particular? Andre has given a detailed explanation as to how the role works, you are not pointing out where he is incorrect.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1739 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:01 am

Post by angela »

In post 1738, MalcolmTucker wrote:What part of the above is wrong in particular? Andre has given a detailed explanation as to how the role works, you are not pointing out where he is incorrect.
the part about how friendly neighbour works that andresvmb is describing

does not match the wiki

nor how it works here if kittytacky is indeed a friendly neighbour

i do not think that makes kittytacky not a friendly neighbour though

as how it works here does seem to match the wiki

just does not match what andresvmb is describing

MalcolmTucker
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
MalcolmTucker
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1740 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:01 am

Post by MalcolmTucker »

In post 1739, angela wrote:
In post 1738, MalcolmTucker wrote:What part of the above is wrong in particular? Andre has given a detailed explanation as to how the role works, you are not pointing out where he is incorrect.
the part about how friendly neighbour works that andresvmb is describing

does not match the wiki

nor how it works here if kittytacky is indeed a friendly neighbour

i do not think that makes kittytacky not a friendly neighbour though

as how it works here does seem to match the wiki

just does not match what andresvmb is describing
What part in particular does not match? Which aspect of his post is wrong?
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1741 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:03 am

Post by angela »

In post 1740, MalcolmTucker wrote:What part in particular does not match? Which aspect of his post is wrong?
In post 1738, MalcolmTucker wrote:Kitty targets you as the recipient of the message. But the content of the message doesn’t come from Kitty.
this

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1742 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:03 am

Post by Andresvmb »

What I really don’t want to see is that Kitty flips Scum in this game for some reason, that angela then gets to claim that they were confused by the way their communication was received. If Kitty flips Scum, absolutely execute angela no questions asked.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1743 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:06 am

Post by angela »

like i got message

contents of message is

kittytacky town

which appears to match description on wiki

but i have no way of determining if it would be different if it came from a mailman

like would i not receive a message

and then the contents of that message

in the same way?

outside of scorpious saying that their message would say it came from a mailman, but like i said that not like we can just trust that

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1744 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:06 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1737, angela wrote:
In post 1734, Scorpious wrote:I'm not worried about the message anymore.

should i not have trusted the message? i don't understand what you're saying here

if you trust the message then i should have trusted the message

which i did and then paranoia started creeping in

like you're now literally saying

"okay kittytacky town i trust it!

why did you trust it???"
Far be it from me to say what you "should" do..

All I'm saying, is you have fought me tooth and nail since I told you I sent you a message and what it said.

Kitty then one-ups me and says they sent you one and you're like ok,town...

I guess it's my fault for not using the correct verbiage before when I asked if the message explictly "said" Kitty was town. I should have asked the right question: Did the messgae "CONFIRM" Kitty as town?

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1745 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Scorpious »

I'm very weirded out..

But I still think Kitty is really a town neighbor..

As much as I wish the person pushing me was scum, I don't think they are.

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Andresvmb
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Andresvmb
He/Him
Jack of All Trades
Jack of All Trades

Post Post #1746 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:08 am

Post by Andresvmb »

Am I the only one that is struggling with this? The contents of the message received by the target of the Friendly Neighbor do not come from the Friendly Neighbor. That’s literally never the case. It cannot be.

Can someone find an example of a game with a Friendly Neighbor and look at the Mod PT? I’m a bit tired of this conversation.
angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1747 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:09 am

Post by angela »

In post 1742, Andresvmb wrote:What I really don’t want to see is that Kitty flips Scum in this game for some reason, that angela then gets to claim that they were confused by the way their communication was received. If Kitty flips Scum, absolutely execute angela no questions asked.
i am town regardless

if kittytacky is mafia it is with scorpious almost always

i am confused by the communication like i said

i don't understand why you possibly think this is how me/kittytacky would play this as mafia

angela
angela
Goon
angela
Goon
Goon

Post Post #1748 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:10 am

Post by angela »

In post 1746, Andresvmb wrote:Am I the only one that is struggling with this? The contents of the message received by the target of the Friendly Neighbor do not come from the Friendly Neighbor. That’s literally never the case. It cannot be.

Can someone find an example of a game with a Friendly Neighbor and look at the Mod PT? I’m a bit tired of this conversation.
i can go find one in normal archive give me a few minutes

Scorpious
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Scorpious
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #1749 (ISO) » Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:10 am

Post by Scorpious »

In post 1746, Andresvmb wrote:Am I the only one that is struggling with this? The contents of the message received by the target of the Friendly Neighbor do not come from the Friendly Neighbor. That’s literally never the case. It cannot be.

I think It's a waste of time,The only way this is fabricated is if they are both scum...

I don't see it..

Semi-V/LA on weekends..

Return to “Completed Mini Normal Games”