Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath
Pronoun: he/him

Post Post #400 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:04 pm

Post by implosion »

it's like. extremely problematic for this town that literally >1/2 of posts in this thread come from butterflies or Noraa. This setup demands more activity. It's so scumsided without the muses doing things that we can't just let scum lurk it out, because if they do that the muses are going to need to basically out themselves to get anything done. We need to step things up collectively.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami
Pronoun: ze/zir

Post Post #401 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:05 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 399, implosion wrote:one of butterflies/fire thing
the only thing i have absolutely ruled out is the two as scum together. it is impossible because fire never includes that part in the catch up post that i mentioned if they are scum together. theres jsut too many reasons not to do that to a scum buddy.
if 1 flips scum, i would consider the other locktown
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today.
Come play Guess that Scummer OR ELSE
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #402 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by implosion »

I also would just love if Titus could explain their vote on me and/or step up on the leadership that they say they're planning to do. I know it's the first RL day of d2 but I am holding them to that.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #403 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:09 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 380, fireisredsir wrote:i do not think both butterflies and noraa are scum but im kind of doubting both are town. it feels like one is taking advantage of the other and im not sure which direction that energy is going
this read just doesnt come from scum fireisredsir to scum butterfly and me
like if eithe rof me and butterfly is scum, this post doesnt make sense.

it's small but its just not something i see scum doing to distance. it is possible from fireisredsir SCUM and both buttefly and me town. but it just doesnt come from scum fireisredsir to scum butterfly.
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #404 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:11 pm

Post by Noraa »

like if fireisredsir is scum, the scum team is overall, inactive and dying. enchant is scum in this case.
if fireisredsir isnt scum, then scum is in my "townreads" whatever that is
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum
Pronoun: fae/faer + she/her

Post Post #405 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:12 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 399, implosion wrote:
In post 370, Noraa wrote:i guess my main quesiton is just implo why are you placing an e-2 vote after asking us to take things slowly the next day?
annoyance at the quickhammer in this setup mainly tbh.

unvote

I don't understand what Noraa sees as special in fire's catchup post. Their reads are, I mean, fine i guess if Enchant is scum x_x. I also don't see how Noraa is arriving at the exactly one of butterflies/fire thing. Really I have not understood anything about Noraa's thought process in this game, broadly speaking.

I do also agree w fire that galron is kinda scummy. but I also don't think fire has really done enough to dig out of the pit Progo has dug.
You and Noraa have that in common, both of you are confusing the everliving fuck out of me.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
Flea the Magician (fae/faer)
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
numberQ
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
numberQ
he/him
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #406 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:13 pm

Post by numberQ »

Spoiler: Flowers
Yayoi Kusama,
Ready to Blossom in the Morning
(1989)

Vote Count (2.2)

butterflies
[0]

Enchant
[1]
Umlaut
fireisredsir
[0]

furtiveglance
[0]

Galron
[0]

implosion
[1]
Titus
Noraa
[0]

Titus
[0]

Umlaut
[0]

With
alive, it takes
to eliminate.

Not Voting:
butterflies, Enchant, fireisredsir, furtiveglance, Galron, implosion, Noraa
Deadline:
April 14th, 2022, 4:15 PM EST ((expired on 2022-04-14 16:15:00))
Hey!
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #407 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:15 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 400, implosion wrote:it's like. extremely problematic for this town that literally >1/2 of posts in this thread come from butterflies or Noraa. This setup demands more activity. It's so scumsided without the muses doing things that we can't just let scum lurk it out, because if they do that the muses are going to need to basically out themselves to get anything done. We need to step things up collectively.
I think that could hopefully be avoided if everyone would just give reads. That’s especially important in this particular setup.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #408 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 403, Noraa wrote:
In post 380, fireisredsir wrote:i do not think both butterflies and noraa are scum but im kind of doubting both are town. it feels like one is taking advantage of the other and im not sure which direction that energy is going
this read just doesnt come from scum fireisredsir to scum butterfly and me
like if eithe rof me and butterfly is scum, this post doesnt make sense.

it's small but its just not something i see scum doing to distance. it is possible from fireisredsir SCUM and both buttefly and me town. but it just doesnt come from scum fireisredsir to scum butterfly.
Since I already know we’re town, this post does very little to help me parse his slot.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Enchant
Enchant
Survivor
Enchant
Survivor
Survivor

Post Post #409 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:18 pm

Post by Enchant »

In post 379, butterflies wrote:
In post 335, Enchant wrote:I believed that Noraa is muse and pushes his knowledge, so i tried to pose as Muse as well by hammer.

I didn't really back off, i tried to imitate Muse who trying to hide. I acknowledge that sometimes people troll.

Also no regrets.
Why did you think Noraa was a muse?

~Nancyfly
I realised that if Dunn is on E-1 without my help, it means either it's most likely with Muse help or Mafia help.

I betted on Muses. It failed hilariously.
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #410 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:26 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 409, Enchant wrote:
In post 379, butterflies wrote:
In post 335, Enchant wrote:I believed that Noraa is muse and pushes his knowledge, so i tried to pose as Muse as well by hammer.

I didn't really back off, i tried to imitate Muse who trying to hide. I acknowledge that sometimes people troll.

Also no regrets.
Why did you think Noraa was a muse?

~Nancyfly
I realised that if Dunn is on E-1 without my help, it means either it's most likely with Muse help or Mafia help.

I betted on Muses. It failed hilariously.
Oh okay, I think I get it now. I think probably at least one scum on Dunn wagon, possibly two and one or two off. Unless my reads are complete garbage this game, seems highly likely.

Do you agree with this and if so, who is currently your best guess for scum on Dunn wagon and off?

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #411 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 6:58 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 392, butterflies wrote:
In post 383, fireisredsir wrote:guaranteed scum in enchant/implosion/umlaut imo. possibly 2. i scumread umlaut and implosion more, but i could be wrong on that

galron kinda scummy

butterflies kinda scummy, maybe, idk, hydras are hard to read
Why do you scumread umlaut and implosion more than enchant?

~Nancyfly
enchant seems like enchant from what i know of enchant. i don't really have a read on them and idk how to read them, but on the face of things their play has some potential scum motivation. more in the explanation than in the hammer itself

implosion and umlaut i scumread based on play.

umlaut seems like he's mostly poking at other people's cases, and i don't really see much solving from him. i think his play yesterday lines up well with how i would expect scum to play during a day phase where the most active poster is pushing town. the towniest thing he's done is push on butterflies early, but he backed off immediately

implosion just feels really noncommittal in a scummy way, a couple other posts did too. the early mech focus is NAI imo, seems like something he would have done as either alignment. in general he just feels like he's letting other people do the dirty work, and with the way d1 progressed that seems like a position that scum would aim to be in. his case on enchant, though, kinda sold me a little, so that's part of why im considering that i might be wrong here and maybe enchant is scum. i do also like how he called umlaut towny in for pushing on butterflies but... on second thought, there's no "if butterflies is town" here, so maybe that comes from a tmi perspective? hmm
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #412 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:04 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 404, Noraa wrote:like if fireisredsir is scum, the scum team is overall, inactive and dying. enchant is scum in this case.
if fireisredsir isnt scum, then scum is in my "townreads" whatever that is
Both you and implosion have said something similar. I’m not sure I follow who both of them must necessarily be aligned?

I mean, it’s possible I guess but it’s unusual for two scum to hammer a townwagon before elo but obviously can’t rule it out. One thing about fire catchup that bothers me is him speculating that us and Noraa can’t both be town, that kind of weirds me out because why can’t we both be town? Explain that @fire.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
implosion
implosion
he/him
Polymath
implosion
he/him
Polymath
Polymath

Post Post #413 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:05 pm

Post by implosion »

In post 411, fireisredsir wrote:in general he just feels like he's letting other people do the dirty work,
this kind of reads like muse fishing, for hopefully clear reasons. "letting others do the dirty work" is a really, really bad reason to scumread someone in a setup that revolves around town (both muses and VTs) intentionally trying to obfuscate whether they're the ones who are actually doing the dirty work.

I kind of get this vibe from the umlaut read as well; it feels like this criticism could easily be of play that is intentional as town.
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #414 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:10 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 411, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 392, butterflies wrote:
In post 383, fireisredsir wrote:guaranteed scum in enchant/implosion/umlaut imo. possibly 2. i scumread umlaut and implosion more, but i could be wrong on that

galron kinda scummy

butterflies kinda scummy, maybe, idk, hydras are hard to read
Why do you scumread umlaut and implosion more than enchant?

~Nancyfly
enchant seems like enchant from what i know of enchant. i don't really have a read on them and idk how to read them, but on the face of things their play has some potential scum motivation. more in the explanation than in the hammer itself

implosion and umlaut i scumread based on play.

umlaut seems like he's mostly poking at other people's cases, and i don't really see much solving from him. i think his play yesterday lines up well with how i would expect scum to play during a day phase where the most active poster is pushing town. the towniest thing he's done is push on butterflies early, but he backed off immediately

implosion just feels really noncommittal in a scummy way, a couple other posts did too. the early mech focus is NAI imo, seems like something he would have done as either alignment. in general he just feels like he's letting other people do the dirty work, and with the way d1 progressed that seems like a position that scum would aim to be in. his case on enchant, though, kinda sold me a little, so that's part of why im considering that i might be wrong here and maybe enchant is scum. i do also like how he called umlaut towny in for pushing on butterflies but... on second thought,
there's no "if butterflies is town" here, so maybe that comes from a tmi perspective? hmm
Explain what you mean here about a “tmi perspective”. Are you suggesting we’re being tmi’d town or scum by this?

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #415 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:12 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 412, butterflies wrote:I mean, it’s possible I guess but it’s unusual for two scum to hammer a townwagon before elo but obviously can’t rule it out. One thing about fire catchup that bothers me is him speculating that us and Noraa can’t both be town, that kind of weirds me out because why can’t we both be town? Explain that @fire.
you could be, im not gonna rule it out, i just didn't have that read of things initially. i think it came from the confidence levels expressed in certain posts about each other, felt more like someone was being pocketed rather than two town just genuinely melding
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #416 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:15 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 413, implosion wrote:
In post 411, fireisredsir wrote:in general he just feels like he's letting other people do the dirty work,
this kind of reads like muse fishing, for hopefully clear reasons. "letting others do the dirty work" is a really, really bad reason to scumread someone in a setup that revolves around town (both muses and VTs) intentionally trying to obfuscate whether they're the ones who are actually doing the dirty work.

I kind of get this vibe from the umlaut read as well; it feels like this criticism could easily be of play that is intentional as town.
gonna need some outside perspective on this. idk how best to play this game format, but i do not think that i am scumreading either of you for behavior that is more likely to come from town than scum, and i do not think that me calling you out for it is in any way fishing. especially since it was in the context of yesterday, in which the only real wagon was on town
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #417 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:18 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 249, ProgoWoshua wrote:I admit that I have been scummy. Because of that, I find it suspicious how furtive is still on my side after all this time. Definitely feels like they have some ulterior motive.

I'm willing to sheep in the Dunn/Furtive theory.

VOTE: Dunnstral

If this is wrong, you might flashwagon me instead of Noraa, because I doubt my reputation would recover after that.
@fire what is your take on your predecessor’s current suspicions on furtive after hard defending him prior to that?

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #418 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:19 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 414, butterflies wrote:Explain what you mean here about a “tmi perspective”. Are you suggesting we’re being tmi’d town or scum by this?
i had the same thought as implosion did, but to me, it came with the caveat of "if butterflies is town". implosion didn't include that. i don't think the statement makes sense in a world where you're scum: why would scum be afraid to push you if you're a scum partner? so the fact that he just said that scum would be hesitant to push you, with no mention of your possible alignment, made me think that could be coming from a perspective of him knowing that you're town

not guaranteed or anything but it's something that caught my eye. and if implosion did flip scum i would be more likely to think you're town as a result
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #419 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:21 pm

Post by butterflies »

Also @fire other then her vote on implosion that you apparently are mindmelding with, any other reason Titus particularly pings town to you?

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #420 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:23 pm

Post by Noraa »

In post 408, butterflies wrote:Since I already know we’re town, this post does very little to help me parse his slot.
i didnt make that post to help you parse his slot
Noraa
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
Noraa
ze/zir
fluffy tsunami
fluffy tsunami

Post Post #421 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:23 pm

Post by Noraa »

*their
fireisredsir
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
fireisredsir
Goodfellas/Rising Star
Goodfellas/Rising Star

Post Post #422 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by fireisredsir »

In post 417, butterflies wrote:@fire what is your take on your predecessor’s current suspicions on furtive after hard defending him prior to that?
as in do i agree with him? i can see why he could be paranoid. im not sure on furtive myself. i'd like to engage with him/talk to him when he's here to get a better feel for him

pedit: on titus, no, she's barely done anything
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #423 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:24 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 420, Noraa wrote:
In post 408, butterflies wrote:Since I already know we’re town, this post does very little to help me parse his slot.
i didnt make that post to help you parse his slot
I realize that but it doesn’t make what I said any less true.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)
butterflies
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
butterflies
fae/faer + she/her
Mafia Scum
Mafia Scum

Post Post #424 (ISO) » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:26 pm

Post by butterflies »

In post 422, fireisredsir wrote:
In post 417, butterflies wrote:@fire what is your take on your predecessor’s current suspicions on furtive after hard defending him prior to that?
as in do i agree with him? i can see why he could be paranoid. im not sure on furtive myself. i'd like to engage with him/talk to him when he's here to get a better feel for him

pedit: on titus, no, she's barely done anything
Yes, she is barely solving, unlike in uPick Anything, where I reversed my Gamma read after comparing that game to this one.

~Nancyfly
hydra of
and
Nancy Drew 39 (she/her)

Return to “Completed Open Games”